Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long and the stadium...

Started by Malvin, September 12, 2017, 11:32:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Malvin

Long is getting a lot of heat about the loss, what he has said about the direction of the team etc... but what about the serious situation that occurred in the stadium on Saturday?  Is he not responsible for everything that happens in that stadium and should he not be held accountable for what could have been a really bad situation?  Lack of water at the stadium, overcrowding in the concourse due to long lines that we have never seen before?  Why isn't there more outrage about this?

Given the amount of money we are now paying to go to a football game, why are the basic necessities and afterthought for Long?  Maybe he should spend less time catering to those wanting Crystal Bridges like meals and more on actually providing water to people on a hot day.  Sure, those in the luxury seats were probably sipping their wine, but you can't forget about the well being of the thousands of others that are going there to watch football.

buldozer

Not sure what he is worried about but at the LR Touchdown club he said he isn't all that worried about winning either..... must give him a lot of time to worry about other things, such as his status on the playoff committee

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Malvin on September 12, 2017, 11:32:01 am
Long is getting a lot of heat about the loss, what he has said about the direction of the team etc... but what about the serious situation that occurred in the stadium on Saturday?  Is he not responsible for everything that happens in that stadium and should he not be held accountable for what could have been a really bad situation?  Lack of water at the stadium, overcrowding in the concourse due to long lines that we have never seen before?  Why isn't there more outrage about this?

Given the amount of money we are now paying to go to a football game, why are the basic necessities and afterthought for Long?  Maybe he should spend less time catering to those wanting Crystal Bridges like meals and more on actually providing water to people on a hot day.  Sure, those in the luxury seats were probably sipping their wine, but you can't forget about the well being of the thousands of others that are going there to watch football.

I sit in 104. I got water and a drink in about 15mins.

Boog41

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 12, 2017, 11:45:16 am

Don't you know you aren't supposed to post anything that isn't biitching after a loss?

lawhawg20

Quote from: Malvin on September 12, 2017, 11:32:01 am
...  Sure, those in the luxury seats were probably sipping their wine, but you can't forget about the well being of the thousands of others that are going there to watch football.

Why do people constantly feel the need to attack the fans in club seats as if that has anything to do with anything?      ::)

FraggleHog

Quote from: lawhawg20 on September 12, 2017, 01:21:54 pm
Why do people constantly feel the need to attack the fans in club seats as if that has anything to do with anything?      ::)
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ricepig

Quote from: Boog41 on September 12, 2017, 12:58:17 pm
Don't you know you aren't supposed to post anything that isn't biitching after a loss?

Hang him I say, find a rope and a tree!

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 12, 2017, 11:45:16 am

I sit in 105, and the concession stand was out of water, hot dogs, and peanuts before kickoff...The stand to the south of gate 6.  And it took me 15 minutes plus to get none of those...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

ricepig

Actually, this is something that should fall on his shoulders this week. He isn't firing a coach, so forget that and make your concessions better!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on September 12, 2017, 01:42:50 pm
I sit in 105, and the concession stand was out of water, hot dogs, and peanuts before kickoff...The stand to the south of gate 6.  And it took me 15 minutes plus to get none of those...

So?  Big dang deal....   thousands of us who live out of state would have loved to be able just to attend the game....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 12, 2017, 01:47:57 pm
So?  Big dang deal....   thousands of us who live out of state would have loved to be able just to attend the game....

Why, I had to wait 15 minutes for my sommelier to bring me my second bottle of wine. I then had to send it back because it had aged too long......

factchecker

Lazy people bitch about people willing to work hard and sacrifice for good seats.

The same person bitching about club seats smokes 5 packs a day while collecting a welfare check.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RazorPiggie

Also that was when we intercepted Hill and then stalled out. I missed 2 series. I thought the game experience was good. But I go to watch the game not mingle in the concourse. 

PorkRinds

It was the first game. I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out next game.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 12, 2017, 01:47:57 pm

That's not quite the point, I don't think.
This is my non-signature signature.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: factchecker on September 12, 2017, 01:50:25 pm
Lazy people bitch about people willing to work hard and sacrifice for good seats.

The same person bitching about club seats smokes 5 packs a day while collecting a welfare check.

Sadly you may be closely correct.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

Long can raise Money and Spend it but he a poor manager of the Stadium and the Football Staff..
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRHawg

I heard Long said that the vendor did a great job and we're offering them a 6 year contract with a sweetheart buyout clause.

Jackrabbit Hog

Smithers, release the hounds...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

greasy_corner

Quote from: LRHawg on September 12, 2017, 01:54:26 pm
I heard Long said that the vendor did a great job and we're offering them a 6 year contract with a sweetheart buyout clause.

Awesome.  I'll drink a Pepsi to that!

ricepig

Quote from: greasy_corner on September 12, 2017, 02:35:50 pm
Awesome.  I'll drink a Pepsi to that!

To be honest, and I would like to lay the Pepsi failure on him, it was a campus wide contract that Pepsi won, so fire the BOT!

hobhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2017, 01:52:23 pm
It was the first game. I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out next game.

Agree, but it was issue last year too. If vendors who own the company would just go to a game and try to get a drink at halftime I think they'd change a lot. It's bad.

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Long readily admitted the vendors really blowed it the second half even last year but declared they were working on better service and keeping stocked during Spring Practice and went into the fall convinced they had a handle on it.  Said they had recruited to correct the problem but you know how one hates to put freshmen in the heat of battle.  Claimed there was no excuse for how some of the vendor help performed.  And that before He would personally take any blame for the concsessions sucking, he would gladly throw anyone under bus to protect himself.  Also said that he felt he should be honest and forthright about totally denying any responsibility concerning the vendors.

HardCore

Quote from: buldozer on September 12, 2017, 11:37:24 am
Not sure what he is worried about but at the LR Touchdown club he said he isn't all that worried about winning either.....

NO  5}{][£ !!!!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

codeHog

A normal man in charge of something this big and important would have got his big head out of his private box and mingled with the people that pay his salary and see how the food people HE HIRED were doing. Did he?
He should of had a water provider on speed dial and handed out 72,000 free bottles of water :)

Tusks

There's not anything on film that can't be fixed with the game day experience.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit