Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 03:20:47 pm

Bobby Petrino

Started by Fan701, September 10, 2017, 12:52:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan701

We had one of the greatest coaches of his generation, one who could win with three star players against four and five stars, one who's doing that now at Louisville, one who made us dangerous contenders against the heavyweights of our conference.  We fired him!  There must have been a better way.  It's not as if he'd killed someone.  I fear I won't live long enough to see us recover from that shot in the foot.

010HogFan

I just wish he hadn't lied about it.

my3boneheads

He had to be fired. Misconduct, hiring your mistress, lying to the police, and so on.

PorkRinds

Greatest coaches of his generation? That's quite an overstatement.

HogHomer

Quote from: Fan701 on September 10, 2017, 12:52:21 pm
We had one of the greatest coaches of his generation, one who could win with three star players against four and five stars, one who's doing that now at Louisville, one who made us dangerous contenders against the heavyweights of our conference.  We fired him!  There must have been a better way.  It's not as if he'd killed someone.  I fear I won't live long enough to see us recover from that shot in the foot.
There was a better way. He chose not to take it. Not our fault, not the University's fault, his because he didn't want to deal with the consequences of his actions. He was a great coach but look he still struggles with top teams and even lost to Houston. All with the Heisman winning QB. We can find someone who would go 9-4 with a Heisman winner pretty easy I bet.

Edit: got my small schools mixed up

rhames

Robert Petrino is a good coach. A really good coach.

Greatest of our generation?? LOL

Also why is some choose the hindsight of "wish we didn't fire Robert" and not "wish Robert wasn't a [CENSORED] bag, because most likely he would still be here

If you want to blame someone for Petrino not being here I have the perfect person for you:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 10, 2017, 12:53:12 pm
I just wish he hadn't lied about it.

HE had to go for that reason alone... The lie and the attempted cover-up. I blame the cops...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Fan701

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 10, 2017, 12:54:29 pm

I'll stand by that.  BP is without a doubt one of the best coaches of his generation.  He can do more with less better than just about anyone. It's not as if Louisville is a top destination for recruits. His Heisman winner was a three star recruit.  But whether you agree with me or not, I, for one, wish we still had him.  I really miss winning ten or eleven games a year, being in big bowls, finishing the year ranked #5, the sort of thing we're not likely to see again anytime soon.

IronHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 10, 2017, 12:54:29 pm

He's one of the best X and Os coaches in football

HC is much more than that though and what keeps him from the elite
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1highhog

Quote from: rhames on September 10, 2017, 12:55:31 pm
Robert Petrino is a good coach. A really good coach.

Greatest of our generation?? LOL

Also why is some choose the hindsight of "wish we didn't fire Robert" and not "wish Robert wasn't a [CENSORED] bag, because most likely he would still be here

If you want to blame someone for Petrino not being here I have the perfect person for you:

I still laugh out loud everytime I see this picture shown below of BP, I always think of that dude putting a butt kicking to BP for screwing with his woman.  Petrino looks in this picture like Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption after he was assaulted by those gay dudes.

Dillar Dog

You made a troll account just for this?

What's your original handle, coward?

DeWayne R

Jeff Long hates winners.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

BigoBoys

Hawgphat

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play at Ford's Theater"?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Fan701 on September 10, 2017, 12:52:21 pm

Wow. You think someone has to kill someone to get fired. Besides how many SEC championships did he win. Zero. He shot himself in the foot not us. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi