Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets be honest. Houston Nutt was a better coach than Bielema

Started by Ben, September 09, 2017, 06:09:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

What difference does it make. Neither one should be coaching here.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hogpc on September 09, 2017, 09:24:37 pm
That was no knee jerk reaction - BP had to be fired for legal reasons, he is obviously a better coach than BB. I hate what he did/caused him to be fired but have no doubt he had to go.
WRONG, WRONG, Wrong.....firing Petrino DID NOT mitigate the UA's and Jeff Long's participation in the hiring one iota..Bobby did give the woman money, his money which is his right, however the UA had to cut her the checks for doing the job she was hired to do and who had to okay that ?...Jeff Long had to ultimately sign on to the hiring, after all if he didn't and the UA was still paying the woman, Long was negligent, if Long did okay the hiring, well that speaks for itself, Long should have been fired also. What you speak about (Bobby had to be fired because of legal reasons) is the biggest myth of all about the CBP fiasco.  Truth is if those people had been wronged in a civil way and could have gotten money from the UA, you have to know at least a few of them would have tried.  Man, people find a false narrative and ride the MF like the Big Bend Roller Coaster.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hawghiggs

I hate HDN and wouldn't want him to coach ever again. Nutt was very limited in his playing calling. ( What do we do on 3 and 6? Draw play Baby. ) But at least Nutt had a plan he would build toward. CBB doesn't. The man had Russell Wilson at Wisky and learned nothing from it. When CBB came to Arkansas he should have recruited mobile quarterbacks. Instead he recruited Pocket passing qb's. CBB was supposed to build this great O-line and has failed to do so. HDN would have taken 8 linemen a year to accomplish this task.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 10, 2017, 05:44:43 am
WRONG, WRONG, Wrong.....firing Petrino DID NOT mitigate the UA's and Jeff Long's participation in the hiring one iota..Bobby did give the woman money, his money which is his right, however the UA had to cut her the checks for doing the job she was hired to do and who had to okay that ?...Jeff Long had to ultimately sign on to the hiring, after all if he didn't and the UA was still paying the woman, Long was negligent, if Long did okay the hiring, well that speaks for itself, Long should have been fired also. What you speak about (Bobby had to be fired because of legal reasons) is the biggest myth of all about the CBP fiasco.  Truth is if those people had been wronged in a civil way and could have gotten money from the UA, you have to know at least a few of them would have tried.  Man, people find a false narrative and ride the MF like the Big Bend Roller Coaster.

This!

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Steef

IF... it turns out that Nutt is a better coach than Bielema...

That still doesnt mean Nutt is/was worthwhile. It would just mean Bielema REALLY sucks.

I'm no longer on the Bielema bus. But it's still apples/oranges.

Uberanubis

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 09, 2017, 06:15:42 pm
I wasn't a razorback for the nutt days, but did he continually have losses to teams that were not as good a program as us on paper? Toledo, tech, tcu, Rutgers, Missouri, VT, etc...?  I'm sure he lost his share but Bielema loses them more often than not.

why the F do you think TCU is not a good program? they have been consistently in the top 20 year in year out for the last 10 year except last year. why do people all of a sudden for get this crap. such butt hurt today.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Pancetta

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 09, 2017, 06:15:42 pm
I wasn't a razorback for the nutt days, but did he continually have losses to teams that were not as good a program as us on paper? Toledo, tech, tcu, Rutgers, Missouri, VT, etc...?  I'm sure he lost his share but Bielema loses them more often than not.
Nutt coached and motivated on emotion so he would beat LSU one week and lose to a celkar dweller like UNLV the next week. He also recruited some real studs but he also had Fitz Hill as his recruiting coordinator for a number of years. We had a lot of NFL players but only one deep so if we had injuries or got worn down we would lose. Nutt and CBB seem to share the same poor judgement in coaching hires and wanting to deflect blame from themselves when things go wrong and revel in adulation and take credit when things go right.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

MountieDawg

Nutt, who I think was awful... Was much better than Bielema.  Bielema is no more than an obnoxious hog fan that makes tons of money to run out on the field and say outrageous things to win over the fan base but do nothing on the field....
SEC!

Pancetta

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 10, 2017, 06:50:40 am
why the F do you think TCU is not a good program? they have been consistently in the top 20 year in year out for the last 10 year except last year. why do people all of a sudden for get this crap. such butt hurt today.
They are a good B12 program but they would be Ole Miss or MSU level in SEC and people woukd like to see Arkansas at the top of the second tier SEC consistently with a chance to occasionally catch enough breaks to be in the top tier. Right now, I don't see how we can ever get there. People bought into the dominating running game persona CBB touted and are tired of not being able to
punch it in when it is first and goal from the 3. 
Just like with CMA last season, I say it's win or leave at this point.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

NaturalStateReb

Nutt got better results, but the SEC West environment was very different when he was at the controls. Arkansas was producing more D1 skill players then, too.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Steef on September 10, 2017, 06:21:26 am
It turns out that Nutt is a better coach than Bielema...

That still doesnt mean Nutt is/was worthwhile. It would just mean Bielema REALLY sucks.

I'm no longer on the Bielema bus.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HardCore

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 10, 2017, 08:29:22 am
Nutt got better results, but the SEC West environment was very different when he was at the controls. Arkansas was producing more D1 skill players then, too.

We just got got curb stomped by TCU.  SEC West or East didn't matter.  Some of HDN's most mediocre teams would beat this.......and i cannot state how emphatically pain-staking it is for me to say or admit that
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Sivad

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 09, 2017, 06:29:41 pm
Nutt lucked out with Danny Ford's players.
And still underperformed while setting the bar for personal despicability.

Youngsta71701

The X's and O's with Nutt on offense always left a little something to be desired but he always had his teams hyped up and ready to play and compete for 48 minutes no matter what. I'm not seeing that with Beilema coached teams.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

3kgthog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 09, 2017, 06:37:21 pm
Recuting?

One could argue he was a better recruiter and evaluator of talent. Wouldn't we take a Caver, Petty, Bua, Hamlin, Peters, or Petrus right now? There are numerous other guys Nutt got that became darn good SEC players. I'd say Nutt wasted more talent here than many coaches combined.

Hawg2afault

Nutt was 75-48 at Arkansas.
Bobby was 34-17 while here.
CBB is 26-27 presently.

cj_sez

It is nauseating to consider, but yes, Nutt was better. Ugh. Neither are comparable to Petrino.