Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arlando Cook ARRRSTED

Started by The_Iceman, September 02, 2017, 08:30:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

https://twitter.com/OtisKirk247/status/903972265544572928

That's #2 for him. Probably means he is done, or will face a long suspension.

HawgsPolo

I doubt if he's done over a disorderly conduct. He will be suspended though.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

HogBeliever625

He's a liability on the court anyways.

ShadowHawg

Disorderly conduct is pretty weak. Not a dui, drug charge, assault, etc

MakingPlays

September 02, 2017, 10:37:06 am #4 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:48:20 am by MakingPlays
SMH

PorkRinds

FPD needs to start acting like other college towns do with their sports teams. Disorderly conduct? Come on. Take him home and be done with it.

John Snow

August and September is like Christmas for Fayetteville police arresting People  on b.s. Charges to make their quota. So basically if your are Walking or driving on Dickson Street or anywhere in Fayetteville  at night the Fayetteville police have already thought up their next made up arrest charges .

navyhog24

Wasn't using counterfeit money like Beard did so he will be fine

Porked Tongue

He was really really stupid once the officers arrived on the scene.  Just the ignorance he showed at that moment is dumb enough for me to wash my hands of him.

labb

Nothing good happens after midnight.

RealHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 02, 2017, 11:32:22 am
FPD needs to start acting like other college towns do with their sports teams. Disorderly conduct? Come on. Take him home and be done with it.

On the flip side, don't act like a JA. Also know if your 6-8 that you attract attention so keep your head down and be smart.

Hawg Red

Disorderly conduct, first degree assault, and public intox. After already getting arrested for public intox last year.

Why are y'all defending him?

From my view, he doesn't value the opportunity Mike has given him and I would kick him off the team if I were Mike. Give his minutes to Bailey.

HamIAm

Porked Tongue

He was awful at the scene.  First hand accounts make him out to be a full blown idiot.

I'm expecting a big time problem with his scholarship.

cosmodrum

I doubt he ever plays in BWA again.
Go away, batin'

Smalltownhog95

1 public intox? Ok alot of us have probably had a close call with that. 2nd public intox and assault? Kick him to the curb. That's not just being an obnoxious drunk.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

BannerMountainMan

Bailey and Thomas gonna get a lot of playing time now which is twice as good. Cook sit down
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

mbgrulz

The PI isn't really an issue to me...run him till he pukes a few times and scare the crap out of him. The 1st degree assault should probably be the end of his career as a Razorback. A message needs to be sent to the other players.

Porkem

I was out late on Dickson last Thursday night (August 24th) and saw Cook and Anton Beard hanging out with a group of guys in the parking lot area behind Brewski's and Rogers Rec. It was after 1 AM and they were laughing and having a good time. Cook didn't seem "disorderly" then, but when you repeatedly put yourself in bad situations, bad things will happen. He's done as a Razorback.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

MakingPlays

Porked Tongue

Beard is pretty reserved when he's out.

Cook on the other hand.....

Even on his better days, he's an awkward personality.

The_Bionic_Pig

I like Cook but I would be surprised if he is on scholarship by the time practice starts.  Basically opened up another scholarship.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BigSexyHog

Needs to shown the door.  Dont want this or need this in the program
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Letsroll1200

Gather all the information and see was this a fight or assault.

azhog10

I think he needs to go.

That said, cops said the kid was unconscious but then said he didn't want to press charges and had no visible injuries. If you knocked a dude out and was continuing to punch him he's gonna have visible injuries.

So something sounds off.

Porkem

Quote from: azhog10 on September 02, 2017, 04:32:03 pm
I think he needs to go.

That said, cops said the kid was unconscious but then said he didn't want to press charges and had no visible injuries. If you knocked a dude out and was continuing to punch him he's gonna have visible injuries.

So something sounds off.

My thoughts exactly. Poor reporting by the media would be my guess.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Razorod

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 02, 2017, 03:56:41 pm
I like Cook but I would be surprised if he is on scholarship by the time practice starts.  Basically opened up another scholarship.
If true and he does lose his scholarship, it would open up the possibility of a mid-term transfer.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

mhuff

Don't think will happen unless he doesn't meet terms of punishment

BigoBoys

FPD is responsible for a big guy getting drunk and beating the crap out of someone else?  "Come on" 

ShadowHawg

Knock a dude out and you will be charged even if the other guy started it. This sounds more like a wait and see.

It's not like he was hitting a girl.

azhog10

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 02, 2017, 05:46:21 pm
FPD is responsible for a big guy getting drunk and beating the crap out of someone else?  "Come on"
If he beat "the crap" out of someone how does that person have no visible injuries? Also didn't want to press charges.

Something isn't right about what's been reported.

Brandon72

IF what happened is how it has been reported then he needs to be shown the door asap.   However, there are two sides to every story and I'm sure Mike will make sure the kid is given "due process" so to speak.   

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 02, 2017, 12:58:00 pm
Disorderly conduct, first degree assault, and public intox. After already getting arrested for public intox last year.

Why are y'all defending him?

From my view, he doesn't value the opportunity Mike has given him and I would kick him off the team if I were Mike. Give his minutes to Bailey.

He was beating on an unconcience person.  Not only should he not be allowed to attend school here, but he should be in prison.  He's a scumbag.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 02, 2017, 06:49:36 pm
He was beating on an unconcience person.  Not only should he not be allowed to attend school here, but he should be in prison.  He's a scumbag.

Beating? No visible injuries! Something is not adding up

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 02, 2017, 07:09:07 pm

You're replying to an Alabama fan.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BigoBoys

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 02, 2017, 07:09:07 pm
Well tell us what exactly happened. 

azhog10

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 02, 2017, 07:39:27 pm
You are passing judgement. You said he beat the crap out of someone yet the report says no visible injuries and the person isn't pressing charges.

Cops said the person appeared to be unconscious but didn't say affirmatively.

That said if he was beating someone like that, that was unconscious then he needs to go. I expect if CMA gets all the information he will make the right call.

BigoBoys

Quote from: azhog10 on September 02, 2017, 07:50:51 pm
You are passing judgement. You said he beat the crap out of someone yet the report says no visible injuries and the person isn't pressing charges.

That said if he was beating someone like that, that was unconscious then he needs to go. I expect if CMA gets all the information he will make the right call.
Share the police report with us. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on September 02, 2017, 07:50:51 pm

Not sure where you are going with the guy not pressing charges. How many battered women don't press charges? Happens all the time, people getting the crap beat out them and not presssing charges for whatever reason.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 02, 2017, 07:39:27 pm

6'8 216 athlete is allegedly hitting unconscious person but no visible injuries. I have my questions about it.

Ugly Uncle

At least 30 people standing there watching and not stopping the fight.  Police had to be called to break up the crowd.  That sounds like something more than a one on one fight to me.  I could be wrong.  Almost sounds like a mob thing.

Could the guy that got beat up be intimidated?  Didn't want to press charges or go to hospital because of threats?

There are a few reasons why there may be a difference in the report vs what was reported in paper and news.

None of what I am saying is based on fact, just on speculation.  The thing is, it is sometimes hard to get people to report crimes against someone that is well known.
Retired Radio Host

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 02, 2017, 08:04:13 pm
Not sure where you are going with the guy not pressing charges. How many battered women don't press charges? Happens all the time, people getting the crap beat out them and not presssing charges for whatever reason.
Are we talking about a battered woman? Most men don't hesitate to press charges and really take it to the person who knocked him out. By far men almost always press charges unless he knows he's in the wrong.

azhog10

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 02, 2017, 08:44:48 pm
At least 30 people standing there watching and not stopping the fight.  Police had to be called to break up the crowd.  That sounds like something more than a one on one fight to me.  I could be wrong.  Almost sounds like a mob thing.

Could the guy that got beat up be intimidated?  Didn't want to press charges or go to hospital because of threats?

There are a few reasons why there may be a difference in the report vs what was reported in paper and news.

None of what I am saying is based on fact, just on speculation.  The thing is, it is sometimes hard to get people to report crimes against someone that is well known.
The pressing charges alone doesn't say anything. But no visible injuries and not pressing charges does say quite a bit.

How are you as big as Cook, pounding on a guy that's unconscious and don't leave the guys face bloody at least a little bit????

DOGALUM

yes.....less/no accountability is what young men need.  Zero consequences for law/rule breakers teaches them the right lesson.  SMH
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DOGALUM

Kick his punk ass off the team.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

BigoBoys

Quote from: azhog10 on September 02, 2017, 09:03:43 pm
The pressing charges alone doesn't say anything. But no visible injuries and not pressing charges does say quite a bit.

How are you as big as Cook, pounding on a guy that's unconscious and don't leave the guys face bloody at least a little bit????
Who is reporting no visible injuries?  Post that information, please. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on September 02, 2017, 09:02:00 pm
Are we talking about a battered woman? Most men don't hesitate to press charges and really take it to the person who knocked him out. By far men almost always press charges unless he knows he's in the wrong.

Seriously, dude?

What are you basing this on?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 02, 2017, 06:49:36 pm

You don't know that. If you had ever knocked someone out while fighting you would know it's not cut and dried situation. I don't fight unless I have been accosted and get thoroughly enraged. I knocked a dude clean out once and had to be tackled to stop me from continuing and I am a nice person.

I think we should wait and see what comes. For one thing if the cops walked up on him beating an unconscious person they should have charged him with a felony.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 02, 2017, 09:10:41 pm
Who is reporting no visible injuries?  Post that information, please. 

This is a quote from the article.  This is why I was wondering about intimidation.  30 males standing around watching the fight...AND they had to call in support to break that up?  Anyway, here is a clip from the article that both of us were talking about.  It is the link from a few post down.

"Cook complied with officers' commands and was placed under arrest, according to the report, but more officers had to be called in to disperse a crowd of about 30 males. The victim refused treatment and no injuries were visible, according to the arrest report."
Retired Radio Host

BigoBoys

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 02, 2017, 09:59:01 pm
This is a quote from the article.  This is why I was wondering about intimidation.  30 males standing around watching the fight...AND they had to call in support to break that up?  Anyway, here is a clip from the article that both of us were talking about.  It is the link from a few post down.

"Cook complied with officers' commands and was placed under arrest, according to the report, but more officers had to be called in to disperse a crowd of about 30 males. The victim refused treatment and no injuries were visible, according to the arrest report."
Got it, Thanks!