Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music City Bowl

Started by NoMoreNutt, July 07, 2006, 12:40:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

The players going out and partying...getting sloshed night before the game had something to do with it also.  I was told by a player thats what happened in the Vegas Bowl....probably happened in the Music City Bowl too...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsNbeer

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 11, 2006, 03:08:10 pm
The players going out and partying...getting sloshed night before the game had something to do with it also.  I was told by a player thats what happened in the Vegas Bowl....probably happened in the Music City Bowl too...

That's exactly what happened the night before the Citrus Bowl.....

hogsanity

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 11, 2006, 02:13:49 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on July 07, 2006, 01:15:36 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 12:44:10 pm
Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 07, 2006, 12:40:21 pm
Please don't send us back to that sorry bowl game to be beaten by Indiana.

"We're just happy to be here" - Houston Dale, when interviewed at Music City bowl..  puke

Every coach that goes to a music city type bowl says we are just happy to be here.  Wgat are they supposed to say " Man this bowl sucks"

I don't know hogsanity...what was he supposed to say?

You tell us for once.

When any coach is asked how they feel about being in a certain bowl, they all say basically the same thing:  "  glad to be here "  " great bowl, great city, great people"  Thats usually it.  They dont want to give the other team any bulletin board material.  Sure, he could have said we are here to win, and I guess he could have said, "  man we win 9, play in the seccg and get sent to this crummy bowl"  but we know that no coach will ever say that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 11, 2006, 02:38:55 pm
Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on July 11, 2006, 02:00:44 pm
In '98, the Hogs beat BOTH Alabama and Auburn, not to mention LSU.  The conference responded by saying that a 9-2 Arkansas team would likely end up in Shreveport, and that Alabama would be playing in the Peach Bowl.  In fact, the Hogs would have been playing in Shreveport if Georgia had not lost on the last game of the season to Georgia Tech, because the Citrus Bowl would have asked for and received Georgia. 

To make things worse, the Cotton Bowl stated that they wanted the Hogs in Dallas, but the SEC Commish Roy Kramer flatly told them that they were getting Mississippi State because they had beaten Arkansas, yet the same concept no longer applied where other schools were concerned.

That has less to do with earning respect than it does with coddling certain schools.

That's fine Akhogs..... But do you think it would still be going on if the hogs won 4 SEC championships since then...I dont' think so........ IMHO, you dont' sit there and whine about not getting respect like so many people do...... Go win alot, consistently beat the great teams and everything will work out..... Other than that, you can WHINE about it!

The bowl pecking order in the sec is alwys going to be favorable to the East teams because they are closer to the bigger bowls the sec is tied to.  OUTBACK, CITRU, PEACH, all right there for the EAST.  That and the fact that the SEC west teams all always seem to have at least 2 losses makes it much harder to get a West team sent to Fla for a bowl except Aub because they are actuall, geographically, a East team. 

Lets say both Ar and SC finish this year 9-3, 6-2 in the SEC and Ar beats SC.  Who do you think the Citrus or Outback would rather have?  SC, no doubt.  They would rather have SC even if they are 8-4 ( 5-3 ). 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

darkhogfan

I don't care if we make it to a cereal bowl and get beat by some milk and a spoon, I just want to see the postseason again.  I agree, though, I hated losing to the GoldenGophers.  Oh and apparently that year Arkansas decided to be the fat girl at the prom.  "Just happy to be there"
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on July 11, 2006, 03:28:53 pm
In '98, the Hogs beat BOTH Alabama and Auburn, not to mention LSU.  The conference responded by saying that a 9-2 Arkansas team would likely end up in Shreveport, and that Alabama would be playing in the Peach Bowl.  In fact, the Hogs would have been playing in Shreveport if Georgia had not lost on the last game of the season to Georgia Tech, because the Citrus Bowl would have asked for and received Georgia. 

To make things worse, the Cotton Bowl stated that they wanted the Hogs in Dallas, but the SEC Commish Roy Kramer flatly told them that they were getting Mississippi State because they had beaten Arkansas, yet the same concept no longer applied where other schools were concerned.

That has less to do with earning respect than it does with coddling certain schools.

That's fine Akhogs..... But do you think it would still be going on if the hogs won 4 SEC championships since then...I dont' think so........ IMHO, you dont' sit there and whine about not getting respect like so many people do...... Go win alot, consistently beat the great teams and everything will work out..... Other than that, you can WHINE about it!

The bowl pecking order in the sec is alwys going to be favorable to the East teams because they are closer to the bigger bowls the sec is tied to.  OUTBACK, CITRU, PEACH, all right there for the EAST.  That and the fact that the SEC west teams all always seem to have at least 2 losses makes it much harder to get a West team sent to Fla for a bowl except Aub because they are actuall, geographically, a East team. 

Lets say both Ar and SC finish this year 9-3, 6-2 in the SEC and Ar beats SC.  Who do you think the Citrus or Outback would rather have?  SC, no doubt.  They would rather have SC even if they are 8-4 ( 5-3 ). 

Plus the fact that the last time we got invited to a bowl in Florida, we got WHACKED by Michigan .....since we moved to the SEC..

RedSatinHog

Quote from: hogsanity on July 11, 2006, 03:28:53 pm

So in a roundabout sort of way, what you guys are really saying is that short of a BCS bowl berth, Arkansas fans should just be content with going to the Weedeater, Liberty, and Music City Bowls?  All the arguments aside for teams being determined on where bowls are situated versus where teams are from, that makes absolutely no sense at all.

What about when Tennessee gets selected for the Cotton Bowl?  That's about as far geographically as you can get sent from home for a bowl game in the normal tie-ins.

And if you're willing to accept that as "just part of life", maybe the UA should bolt for the Big 12?
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on July 11, 2006, 03:25:01 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 11, 2006, 02:13:49 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on July 07, 2006, 01:15:36 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 12:44:10 pm
Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 07, 2006, 12:40:21 pm
Please don't send us back to that sorry bowl game to be beaten by Indiana.

"We're just happy to be here" - Houston Dale, when interviewed at Music City bowl..  puke

Every coach that goes to a music city type bowl says we are just happy to be here.  Wgat are they supposed to say " Man this bowl sucks"

I don't know hogsanity...what was he supposed to say?

You tell us for once.

When any coach is asked how they feel about being in a certain bowl, they all say basically the same thing:  "  glad to be here "  " great bowl, great city, great people"  Thats usually it.  They dont want to give the other team any bulletin board material.  Sure, he could have said we are here to win, and I guess he could have said, "  man we win 9, play in the seccg and get sent to this crummy bowl"  but we know that no coach will ever say that.

I've never heard any coach that's worth a crap ever come out on TV and say " well, we're just happy to be here"...here being a low tier bowl.........  that's all I'm saying......   I guess it was the way he said it.....He was all giddy and happy about it......