Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music City Bowl

Started by NoMoreNutt, July 07, 2006, 12:40:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMoreNutt

Please don't send us back to that sorry bowl game to be beaten by Indiana.
"Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig!"- Al Swearengen

hogsNbeer

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 07, 2006, 12:40:21 pm

"We're just happy to be here" - Houston Dale, when interviewed at Music City bowl..  puke

WilsonHog

Hey, I had a great time in Nashville......

......right up until the game started.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 07, 2006, 12:44:46 pm

Actually we marched down the field on the first drive and scored with ease. I thought then that we would kill them, but then nutt started being conservative.

NoMoreNutt

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on Today at 12:40:21 PM

"We're just happy to be here" - Houston Dale, when interviewed at Music City bowl..  puke- hogsNBeer

hogsNBeer says it properly... After Nutt goes 6-7 and loses to Indiana in the Music City Bowl... He keeps his job for making a bowl game... But hey, atleast we are medicore again...

RazorRaider

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 07, 2006, 12:48:01 pm

"We're just happy to be here" - Houston Dale, when interviewed at Music City bowl..  puke- hogsNBeer

hogsNBeer says it properly... After Nutt goes 6-7 and loses to Indiana in the Music City Bowl... He keeps his job for making a bowl game... But hey, atleast we are medicore again...

That's depressing.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

hogsNbeer

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 07, 2006, 12:48:01 pm

Just so you know, he actually said that when they were playing Minnesota...

HoopS

Utech....seems like that was the tight end that we couldn't cover.   

What a miserable game. 

jabohog

I thought they done away with the Music City Bowl?

hogfan064

Actually, the Big 10 no longer sends a team to the Music City Bowl. Its now a ACC-SEC game.  Should bring better attendance #s

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 12:44:10 pm

"We're just happy to be here" - Houston Dale, when interviewed at Music City bowl..  puke

Every coach that goes to a music city type bowl says we are just happy to be here.  Wgat are they supposed to say " Man this bowl sucks"
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bigyellowdog

The Hoosiers are not going to a bowl this year. 

NoMoreNutt

Music City Bowl is just as good as going 4-7 and having our head coach crying on National TV after beating Ole Miss...

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: hogsanity on July 07, 2006, 01:15:36 pm

Every coach that goes to a music city type bowl says we are just happy to be here.  Wgat are they supposed to say " Man this bowl sucks"

NO!
We expect him to say "we're not just HAPPY to be here. We want to go out there and beat Minnesota and put this trophy in the Broyles complex."

That was one of the worst prepared teams Ive ever seen outside of the Vegas Bowl debacle.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on July 07, 2006, 01:28:00 pm

NO!
We expect him to say "we're not just HAPPY to be here. We want to go out there and beat Minnesota and put this trophy in the Broyles complex."

That was one of the worst prepared teams Ive ever seen outside of the Vegas Bowl debacle.

College Fb is not the WWE, where guys get out there and talk and pontificate and bluster.  Coaches do not do that, none of them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: hogsanity on July 07, 2006, 01:33:43 pm

NO!

College Fb is not the WWE, where guys get out there and talk and pontificate and bluster.  Coaches do not do that, none of them.

Well how about "Yeah it's nice to be here, but at the same time we've got business to take care of."  Things that you hear coaches in BCS games say.

Hollywood_HOGan

July 07, 2006, 01:41:28 pm #16 Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:43:11 pm by Hollywood_HOGan
Quote from: hogsanity on July 07, 2006, 01:33:43 pm

NO!

you know exactly what I mean. SOmething like "we have business to take care of."

GOOD coaches have their team prepared for any game and bad coaches like ours put slop out there in Vegas and Nashville.

NoMoreNutt

Agreed totally.... We lack respect for the Florida bowl so back to Nashville!!!! "Our players have heart.", Houston Nutt after being beat in Music City Bowl.

hogsNbeer

I have to say, I've never ever heard any coach say that they are JUST happy to be there...Never......

HatfieldHog

This thread has managed to bring back two memories that I'd thought I'd been delivered from;  The Las Vegas Bowl and the Music City Bowl. Two of the worst prepared and played games I've ever seen at any level.  We were so far outcoached by Minnesota in the MCB, that we looked like Ned and the first reader!  As a matter of fact, we were totally outcoached in the Las Vegas Bowl also!

You know what?  We get out coached allot!  Wonder what that tells us?

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: HatfieldHog on July 07, 2006, 02:09:37 pm
This thread has managed to bring back two memories that I'd thought I'd been delivered from;  The Las Vegas Bowl and the Music City Bowl. Two of the worst prepared and played games I've ever seen at any level.  We were so far outcoached by Minnesota in the MCB, that we looked like Ned and the first reader!  As a matter of fact, we were totally outcoached in the Las Vegas Bowl also!

You know what?  We get out coached allot!  Wonder what that tells us?

See ya

True
Maybe now since we have Alex Wood and Gus that will change.

Everybody talks Gus but Alex is probably just as big of an addition. That guy has more credentials than any assistant that we have ever hired.

THROWITDEEP

The Houston Nutt era was on the decline after that Music City Bowl loss, IMO.

southeasthog

Thanks for starting a thread so we can listen to everyone b*tch about HDN. There has not been enough of that lately. Again thanks!

NoMoreNutt

Thanks for starting a thread so we can listen to everyone b*tch about HDN. There has not been enough of that lately. Again thanks! ???

Are we gonna cry for Dale and his medicore record?

hogsNbeer

Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 02:33:09 pm
Thanks for starting a thread so we can listen to everyone b*tch about HDN. There has not been enough of that lately. Again thanks!

If you don't like the thread, don't post......It's really easy..

NoMoreNutt

hogsNbeer is now my boy

southeasthog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 07, 2006, 02:45:56 pm
Quote from: southeasthog on July 07, 2006, 02:33:09 pm

If you don't like the thread, don't post......It's really easy..
Maybe some of this stuff can be sent to the Trash Can. There is plenty of threads for that. If 7 out of 10 threads leads to the same old crap, then it pushes INTERESTING threads off the front page. If people want to jerk each other off complaining about HDN, then that is fine with me. Just stop starting new threads on MMQB.

hogsNbeer

NoMoreNutt

Sing the Tones of Nashville HDN!!!

HogFather

NoMoreNutt

Get ready for the 3rd and 14 draw play.... or the bootleg to Mason Templeton...

hogman64

I drank $60 up in beer at that game.. it was the only way i could watch it.......

NoMoreNutt

Well enjoy a 2nd trip to Nashville for the Hogs at the MUSIC CITY BOWL!!!!!!!!

NoMoreNutt

Quote from: opineonswine on July 10, 2006, 02:57:29 pm
Worst sporting event experience of my life.  I would NEVER go back.

Well its atleast Nashville Tennessee....

GuvHog

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on July 07, 2006, 12:47:50 pm

Actually we marched down the field on the first drive and scored with ease. I thought then that we would kill them, but then nutt started being conservative.

I was there and it was obvious. That loss had nothing to do with coaching, the players just
quit after that first drive. They basically said we've proved our point, and they just quit.
Everyone around me agreed.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig Power

That was a humiliating experience. I believe the players quit on HDN too, but why????

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Pig Power on July 10, 2006, 04:12:49 pm
That was a humiliating experience. I believe the players quit on HDN too, but why????

Attitude reflects leadership...

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig Power on July 10, 2006, 04:12:49 pm

I don't know why. But it wasn't coaching.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NoMoreNutt

Players didn't care that year... They won the SEC West and felt that were shafted and deserved to go to the Outback Bowl... We beat Auburn 38-17 at their place and they took our bowl bid yet we beat them and won more games than they did.  :razorback:

hawkeyefan17

Gopher fans are probably pretty happy that the Big Ten isn't going to the Music City bowl anymore. They got sent to that bowl alot. You could almost book the trip for them in some years. I watched that Arkansas vs. Minnesota game. Looked to me like the Hogs quit.

Minnesota did beat Alabama in the Music City Bowl in 2004.

Factual Fiction

If Arkansas actually won a Music City Bowl game would it still be a sorry bowl?

Big Papa Satan

It was the Citrus Bowl, and Arkansas most certainly did deserve to go over Auburn.

Nonetheless, not showing up for a bowl game, whatever it may be, is pathetic.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 10, 2006, 04:44:05 pm
Players didn't care that year... They won the SEC West and felt that were shafted and deserved to go to the Outback Bowl... We beat Auburn 38-17 at their place and they took our bowl bid yet we beat them and won more games than they did.  :razorback:

The SEC has a tendency to ship Auburn and Alabama to whatever bowl asks for them while sending Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc. to whaterver is leftover, and in this case it is usually either the Music City or Weedeater bowls.

They threatened to do the same thing to the Hogs in '98 by indicating they were sending the Hogs to Shreveport and while sending Alabama to the Peach Bowl regardless of the outcome of the LSU game.  That was AFTER the Hogs throttled Alabama earlier in the season.

Arkansas is a Johnny-Come-Lately in the SEC.  It is a given fact, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.  The rest of the conference looks down their collective noses at Arkansas because of it.

Is it fair?  Nope, but whever told you that life was fair quite frankly lied to you.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hogsNbeer

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on July 11, 2006, 11:24:26 am
Quote from: NoMoreNutt on July 10, 2006, 04:44:05 pm

The SEC has a tendency to ship Auburn and Alabama to whatever bowl asks for them while sending Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc. to whaterver is leftover, and in this case it is usually either the Music City or Weedeater bowls.

They threatened to do the same thing to the Hogs in '98 by indicating they were sending the Hogs to Shreveport and while sending Alabama to the Peach Bowl regardless of the outcome of the LSU game.  That was AFTER the Hogs throttled Alabama earlier in the season.

Arkansas is a Johnny-Come-Lately in the SEC.  It is a given fact, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.  The rest of the conference looks down their collective noses at Arkansas because of it.

Is it fair?  Nope, but whever told you that life was fair quite frankly lied to you.

You gotta earn respect....The only way to do that is to beat them..... NUTT can't do it consistently..... that's why we'll always be MEDIOCRE...

RedSatinHog

July 11, 2006, 02:00:44 pm #44 Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:11:03 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan
In '98, the Hogs beat BOTH Alabama and Auburn, not to mention LSU.  The conference responded by saying that a 9-2 Arkansas team would likely end up in Shreveport, and that Alabama would be playing in the Peach Bowl.  In fact, the Hogs would have been playing in Shreveport if Georgia had not lost on the last game of the season to Georgia Tech, because the Citrus Bowl would have asked for and received Georgia. 

To make things worse, the Cotton Bowl stated that they wanted the Hogs in Dallas, but the SEC Commish Roy Kramer flatly told them that they were getting Mississippi State because they had beaten Arkansas, yet the same concept no longer applied where other schools were concerned.

That has less to do with earning respect than it does with coddling certain schools.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hogsNbeer

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on July 11, 2006, 02:00:44 pm
In '98, the Hogs beat BOTH Alabama and Auburn, not to mention LSU.  The conference responded by saying that a 9-2 Arkansas team would likely end up in Shreveport, and that Alabama would be playing in the Peach Bowl.  In fact, the Hogs would have been playing in Shreveport if Georgia had not lost on the last game of the season to Georgia Tech, because the Citrus Bowl would have asked for and received Georgia. 

To make things worse, the Cotton Bowl stated that they wanted the Hogs in Dallas, but the SEC Commish Roy Kramer flatly told them that they were getting Mississippi State because they had beaten Arkansas, yet the same concept no longer applied where other schools were concerned.

That has less to do with earning respect than it does with coddling certain schools.

That's fine Akhogs..... But do you think it would still be going on if the hogs won 4 SEC championships since then...I dont' think so........ IMHO, you dont' sit there and whine about not getting respect like so many people do...... Go win alot, consistently beat the great teams and everything will work out..... Other than that, you can WHINE about it!

Tomhog™

Quote from: opineonswine on July 10, 2006, 02:57:29 pm
Worst sporting event experience of my life.  I would NEVER go back.

Did you go to the Carquest Bowl back in '95?  That was the worst experience I've had at a bowl game.  All of 10K people in attendance.  Not to mention choking away the second half...

HoopS

Tomcat, you were at the Carquest Bowl?  I'm pretty sure I saw you.  You were one wearing red, right?

:)

HoopS

"Guilty"

Not one of our better games.