Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA updates '17-18 roster: Hogs have gotten taller, longer, more athletic ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, July 20, 2017, 12:51:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

nwahogfan1

I admit it should be a fun year but with 6'6ish PFs I see weaknesses on the boards and getting points in the paint.  I love Gafford and his athletic 6'9 length and Thompson but we are small at the 4 spot and it will show when our shots are not falling from our Guards

I do not know why we can not sign PFs who are major college size even if they need to redshirt and develop.  If we are only signing lower ranked 6'6ish PF why can't we sign 6'8ish lower ranked PFs particularly guys who love to mix it up down low?  I say sign one a year, redshirt if necessary to develop them and if they do not work out then let them find a team.

I would love to have 5 guys on the team 6'8ish and taller who can play the 4/5 spot. 

MakingPlays

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 23, 2017, 07:01:32 pm
I admit it should be a fun year but with 6'6ish PFs I see weaknesses on the boards and getting points in the paint.  I love Gafford and his athletic 6'9 length and Thompson but we are small at the 4 spot and it will show when our shots are not falling from our Guards

I do not know why we can not sign PFs who are major college size even if they need to redshirt and develop.  If we are only signing lower ranked 6'6ish PF why can't we sign 6'8ish lower ranked PFs particularly guys who love to mix it up down low?  I say sign one a year, redshirt if necessary to develop them and if they do not work out then let them find a team.

I would love to have 5 guys on the team 6'8ish and taller who can play the 4/5 spot.

Looks like you should be in love.  According to the roster measurements, we have have exactly 5 guys that are 6'8 or taller that can play 4/5 spot.  Dustin Thomas, Arlando Cook, Daniel Gafford, Trey Thompson, and Gabe Obasouhein. 

Swinesong1

I wonder if over the years, you've ever considered how many times you've posted the same thing ?

JayHog

Quote from: Swinesong1 on July 24, 2017, 04:35:10 am
I wonder if over the years, you've ever considered how many times you've posted the same thing ?

Lolololol

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Swinesong1 on July 24, 2017, 04:35:10 am

I audibly Lol'd.  NWA, your obsession for 6'8" PF's is pure gold, please never change. 

Pinto

Gafford is definitely not only 6'9", not to mention his great wingspan and elite athleticism. We haven't had a center of his type in a recent memory. Hog fans are going to love what he brings to the table

labb

Watched the replay of the Strolling With Nolan game against Texas yesterday. That team was really long and lean , including Big O.