• 381,405 Topics
• 21,272 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's worth noting...  (Read 5361 times)

rude1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball Another New Beginning....
Re: It's worth noting...
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 12:10:33 pm »

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? We've landed quite a few 4stars that aren't from the state and most highly rated kids that commit to whatever school is connected to the staff in some kind of way or another or they have family ties to that school. But your making great points. Keep going...
Dude name them? Moses Kingsley ( Friends with  Bobby Portis), Jimmy Whitt ( Family friend's kid). Who else you got to add to that massive list? The out of state players landed have been for the most part jucos, transfers, or 3* & less type of talent........

Youngsta71701

• All-American Hogvillian
  • There's a God somewhere.
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 03:34:19 pm »

Dude name them? Moses Kingsley ( Friends with  Bobby Portis), Jimmy Whitt ( Family friend's kid). Who else you got to add to that massive list? The out of state players landed have been for the most part jucos, transfers, or 3* & less type of talent........
4 stars are 4 stars it doesn't matter where they're from and I don't care if there are some JUCO's in the mix. I don't care if every last one of them come from the state of Arkansas. Just come baby. Are we not supposed to recruit them just because they are from Arkansas? If we were to sign all Arkansas kids in the years to come we will have some pretty good rosters. "Arkansas Against The World" Lets do it!!! WooPig!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rude1

• Razorback Basketball Another New Beginning....
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »

4 stars are 4 stars it doesn't matter where they're from and I don't care if there are some JUCO's in the mix. I don't care if every last one of them come from the state of Arkansas. Just come baby. Are we not supposed to recruit them just because they are from Arkansas? If we were to sign all Arkansas kids in the years to come we will have some pretty good rosters. "Arkansas Against The World" Lets do it!!! WooPig!!
So now you change the discussion, you said we had gotten several 4* players from out of state, who are they? Don't get me wrong I am glad we are now getting this caliber of player from instate because we certainly wasn't getting them from outside the state.

Youngsta71701

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:01 am »

So now you change the discussion, you said we had gotten several 4* players from out of state, who are they? Don't get me wrong I am glad we are now getting this caliber of player from instate because we certainly wasn't getting them from outside the state.
Moses Kingsley
Jimmy Whitt
Ted Kapita
Jaylon Barford
Arlando Cook

They are all 4* recruits on one site or another.
If they didn't grow up in Arkansas, they didn't play high school ball in Arkansas, or they didn't graduate from a school in Arkansas I consider them out of state recruits.

*It wasn't Mike's fault Kapita didn't get cleared.
*It wasn't Mike's fault Jimmy didn't want to be a team player.

songofthesword

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »

basketball is  not football

arkansas does not have to recruit nationally to be relevant nationally in basketball . very few states producer more top 100 players poer capa than arkansas\

when florida played kentucky last year, i.e two teams that are national programs and are not arkansas, 30% of the starters in the game were from the state of arkansas

all arkansas has ever had to do, was lock down arkansas. pick up a  guy form texas or memphis.   i'd even aruge that we went down hill when we started to try to recruit nationally.

you lock down arkansas, tulsa, memphis and you are a ntiational program

ShadowHawg

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2017, 08:46:54 pm »

Our reality is just this, the staff doesn't land anything over a 3* recruit that's not from the state or connected to staff or state in some manner, they don't land 5* talent whether it be from inside the state or out, so what we are going to find out is how good nationally can we be with our all Arkansas 4* talent that this staff can only supply, that is supplemented with transfers, jucos, or 3* talent from elsewhere? I don't have the answer to that, but that is who we are, and what we are going to try and challenge nationally with.

Reggie Perry had ties to Miss St. He doesn't count for Howland then.

You guys need to do your homework when it comes to recruiting. Proximity and personal ties are what land a lot of top recruits.

I guess Sutton can't count the triplets because they were from in state.

Nolan can't count Mayberry, Day, Robinson, Corliss, or Alexander because of personal ties or being from in state.

Youngsta71701

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 01:45:07 pm »

Reggie Perry had ties to Miss St. He doesn't count for Howland then.

You guys need to do your homework when it comes to recruiting. Proximity and personal ties are what land a lot of top recruits.

I guess Sutton can't count the triplets because they were from in state.

Nolan can't count Mayberry, Day, Robinson, Corliss, or Alexander because of personal ties or being from in state.
That's too simple for Hogville. The simple fact is the most of them just look for any little excuse (and I do mean little) excuse to bitch about coach Anderson. Most of them look for any excuse to bitch about anything.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas