Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kenny Irons really that good?

Started by UAfan, July 01, 2006, 10:41:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 03, 2006, 04:46:28 pm
How about we just let this season play out before we argue who is better.  We have no way of knowing if either one of them will be better than the other backs in the SEC(mainly Darby) or not.  For now we can not get anywhere b/c both backs are even, but it is very hard to say who is better.  Trying to tell you all that McFadden isn't the best back in the SEC is like arguing with a brick wall.  I'm not going to make any headway b/c you are all so blind with Swine Love.

What do you expect? That would  be like one of us going to the sooner board to claim that Zac Taylor is a better QB than Rhett Bomar. Sooner fans are about as entrenched with blind love than any fanbase in the entire country.

And why is it sooooo important to you that you try to convince Arkansas fans that Irons is better than Dmac?

Worry about beating your big 12 patsies.

WilsonHog

Quote from: silvertip on July 03, 2006, 08:36:15 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on July 03, 2006, 10:56:25 am
SoonerFan has a point about longevity of success. There have been a lot of great Arkansas running backs in the modern era. Dickey Morton, Ike Forte, Ben Cowins, Gary Anderson, James Rouse, Barry Foster, Madre Hill, Fred Talley, and Cedric Cobbs come immediately to mind.

McFadden may turn out to be the best running back in Razorback history. However, the young man who many people thought was the most talented running back to ever wear a Razorback uniform isn't even on the list I just made.    

Alworth

Actually, I was thinking of Jerry Eckwood. Even with the knee injuries, he was still goo enough to play a few years in the NFL. Imagine what he would have done at Arkansas if he would have been healthy for four years.

nwarkboyz#1

sooner fan you are right about one thing, i am blind with swine love, i don't see nothing wrong with that i mean this is a board for razorback fans not sooner fans. Hollywood_HOGan said it right, you need to worry about you're over ranked sooners and the "not" so big twelve

go hogs go
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

SoonerPride

Quote from: rlamb on July 03, 2006, 10:16:28 pm
Sooner, why don't you get back on a Muskogee Board and you all
reminesce about all the times you've been on probation after National Title years?  The 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's? come to mind.

Yeah, and all of you Hog fans can talk and reminesce about all the years you won a national ti...oh wait never mind you can't most of ya'll weren't alive for the only one.

Quote from: nwarkboyz#1 on July 04, 2006, 12:13:04 am
sooner fan you are right about one thing, i am blind with swine love, i don't see nothing wrong with that i mean this is a board for razorback fans not sooner fans. Hollywood_HOGan said it right, you need to worry about you're over ranked sooners and the "not" so big twelve

go hogs go

Yeah, we are definitely over ranked.  We have the best running back in the nation, a QB that got alot better by the end of the season, good WR's, and about as stout a defense as anyone in the nation will see this year.  I'm so worried about our season.  ::)

Don't categorize me into the group of OU fans that thinks we are the best and no one else is close.  I know that Texas has every shot at winning the Big XII this year.  I know Notre Dame, and Ohio St. are absolutely loaded.  I know our QB is still unproven.  But I also like to believe we have a ligit shot at winning another national title this year.

Richard_white

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:10:51 am
reminesce about all the times you've been on probation after National Title years?  The 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's? come to mind.

Yeah, and all of you Hog fans can talk and reminesce about all the years you won a national ti...oh wait never mind you can't most of ya'll weren't alive for the only one.

go hogs go

Yeah, we are definitely over ranked.  We have the best running back in the nation, a QB that got alot better by the end of the season, good WR's, and about as stout a defense as anyone in the nation will see this year.  I'm so worried about our season.  ::)

Don't categorize me into the group of OU fans that thinks we are the best and no one else is close.  I know that Texas has every shot at winning the Big XII this year.  I know Notre Dame, and Ohio St. are absolutely loaded.  I know our QB is still unproven.  But I also like to believe we have a ligit shot at winning another national title this year.

So you come on this board to tell us that OU is loaded?  Or did you get that from Phil Steele the magazine?

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Richard_white on July 04, 2006, 02:14:03 am

go hogs go

So you come on this board to tell us that OU is loaded?  Or did you get that from Phil Steele the magazine?
maybe he came here because he enjoys sports and wanted to talk sports? hmmm.....

Richard_white

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on July 04, 2006, 02:33:27 am

go hogs go

maybe he came here because he enjoys sports and wanted to talk sports? hmmm.....

Arkansas sports or OU sports.  What message board are we on. hmmm...

SoonerPride

go hogs go

Just read what RazorHawg said, and shut up.  I came here b/c I have a passion for sports, especially college sports, and this board attracted me.  Take it as a compliment.

Richard_white

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:36:30 am

go hogs go

Just read what RazorHawg said, and shut up.  I came here b/c I have a passion for sports, especially college sports, and this board attracted me.  Take it as a compliment.

It's cool that you came on here.  And welcome to the board.  But attacking posters because someone says DMAC is better than Irons is uncalled for. 

RazorHawg16

Who cares he could post on the Akron Zits message boards about OU if thats what he wants to do so be it. If you enjoy sports in general its nice to read some info. about other teams too even if you don't like them

Richard_white

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on July 04, 2006, 02:39:03 am
Quote from: Richard_white on July 04, 2006, 02:35:42 am

go hogs go

Quote from: Richard_white on July 04, 2006, 02:35:42 am

go hogs go

Who cares he could post on the Akron Zits message boards about OU if thats what he wants to do so be it. If you enjoy sports in general its nice to read some info. about other teams too even if you don't like them.

Okay?

SoonerPride

I just sat and read the first page and a half of this thread and was rolling.  The majority of the fans think McFadden is the best back, no questions.  They don't put a lick of sense into their argument, they are just all so in love with the Hogs they assume McFadden is the best back in the country b/c he had a great freshman year.  Let him prove himself for more than one year before we start talking about how great he is.

Richard_white

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:40:30 am
I just sat and read the first page and a half of this thread and was rolling.  The majority of the fans think McFadden is the best back, no questions.  They don't put a lick of sense into their argument, they are just all so in love with the Hogs they assume McFadden is the best back in the country b/c he had a great freshman year.  Let him prove himself for more than one year before we start talking about how great he is.

No difference of you thinking Petterson is the best back in college FB. 

SoonerPride

Theres a much better argument for Peterson being the best RB in college football than there is for McFadden.  See AD Pete's freshman and half a season as a sophomore for backup of my argument.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Richard_white on July 04, 2006, 02:42:40 am
I just sat and read the first page and a half of this thread and was rolling.  The majority of the fans think McFadden is the best back, no questions.  They don't put a lick of sense into their argument, they are just all so in love with the Hogs they assume McFadden is the best back in the country b/c he had a great freshman year.  Let him prove himself for more than one year before we start talking about how great he is.

except everyone thinks that petterson is the best back instead of just the OU fans. In the case of McFadden its mostly just arkansas fans that think he is the best.

SoonerPride

Exactly.  Go to any other message board, and you may see fans talking about McFadden having a chance to be special, but not really in the talk of best RB in the nation convo's.  Peterson is in every single one of the best RB discussions.

Richard_white

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:44:08 am
Theres a much better argument for Peterson being the best RB in college football than there is for McFadden.  See AD Pete's freshman and half a season as a sophomore for backup of my argument.

Well I guess when you have RB that runs for over 1000 yards with 8 or 9 men in the box is nothing.  I guess it was funny for Alabama and Georgia. 

SoonerPride

Yeah because Peterson never saw 8 or 9 guys in the box.  I keep forgetting our passing game was so potent last year.  I mean we had a stud QB and excellent receivers and our O-line was probably the best in the nation.  So we never saw guys stack 8 or 9 in the box against us.  ::) ::)  You, really have no clue what your talking about do you?

Richard_white

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on July 04, 2006, 02:45:20 am
Quote from: Richard_white on July 04, 2006, 02:42:40 am
I just sat and read the first page and a half of this thread and was rolling.  The majority of the fans think McFadden is the best back, no questions.  They don't put a lick of sense into their argument, they are just all so in love with the Hogs they assume McFadden is the best back in the country b/c he had a great freshman year.  Let him prove himself for more than one year before we start talking about how great he is.

except everyone thinks that petterson is the best back instead of just the OU fans. In the case of McFadden its mostly just arkansas fans that think he is the best.

I never said DMAC is the best.  Plus I never said Petterson wasn't one of the best.  I was referring to SoonerPride attacking a poster of having an OPINION.

Richard_white

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:48:40 am
Yeah because Peterson never saw 8 or 9 guys in the box.  I keep forgetting our passing game was so potent last year.  I mean we had a stud QB and excellent receivers and our O-line was probably the best in the nation.  So we never saw guys stack 8 or 9 in the box against us.  ::) ::)  You, really have no clue what your talking about do you?

Again, I wasn't arguing about Petterson. I was arguing with you about attacking a poster opinion

SoonerPride

I didn't attack one poster, I attacked a whole group of them.

SoonerPride

Quote from: Richard_white on July 04, 2006, 02:50:35 am

Again, I wasn't arguing about Petterson. I was arguing with you about attacking a poster opinion

Ok, but I'm not really sure then where 'Bama and UGA come into play then, since we didn't play either team last year...

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Richard_white on July 04, 2006, 02:47:11 am
Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:44:08 am

Well I guess when you have RB that runs for over 1000 yards with 8 or 9 men in the box is nothing.  I guess it was funny for Alabama and Georgia. 
Directions: Read them to yourself as I read them aloud.
Take mouse and drag it over the little box with an X on it and click on it.
Then drag it to that start button on the bottom left.
Drag mouse to the place where it says shutdown computer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Richard_white

Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:52:18 am

Ok, but I'm not really sure then where 'Bama and UGA come into play then, since we didn't play either team last year...

I was talking about Arkansas.  DMAC running all over them.

Hollywood_HOGan

July 04, 2006, 10:41:33 am #74 Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:56:11 am by Hollywood_HOGan
Quote from: SoonerPride on July 04, 2006, 02:52:18 am

Again, why are you so surprised to see Arkansas fans' loyalty to Darren McFadden? Most of us know Irons is a great great back and has proven himself in the big games. Darren still has some work to do but we think he's well on his way to big time success if he stays healthy. And if he's not healthy we have one almost as good in Tulsa's own Felix Jones.
Arkansas fans are about as passoinate about their team as any team in the country as are ou fans.

Like i said if I went to your average ou board and said Zac Taylor is better than Rhett Bomar, they would probalby ban me.

And about your championship:

Sure you guys have all those glitsy NCs but how many of those were bought and paid for?

At least Arkansas didnt go on probation after we won our football title.

Go pester some of those big 12 cupcakes you guys get to play this year.

WilsonHog

July 04, 2006, 11:34:10 am #75 Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 11:37:29 am by WilsonHog
Let me try to insert some reasonableness into the madness that this thread has become.

I enjoy reading posters who are fans of other schools, because they bring a fresh way of looking at things to the board. Tammany Tom from LSU and wincrimson from Alabama come immediately to mind. Perhaps the best post in this thread came from Tammany Tom, because he provided some great information without getting into all of the chest-thumping.   

I would love to have a Georgia fan come to the board and debate the relative merits of Matthew Stafford and Mitch Mustain. Both are potentially great college quarterbacks who may see playing time immediately. That would be one helluva discussion to have while we're waiting for fall practice to start.   

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 04, 2006, 11:34:10 am
Let me try to insert some reasonableness into the madness that this thread has become.

I enjoy reading posters who are fans of other schools, because they bring a fresh way of looking at things to the board. Tammany Tom from LSU and wincrimson from Alabama come immediately to mind. Perhaps the best post in this thread came from Tammany Tom, because he provided some great information without getting into all of the chest-thumping.   

I would love to have a Georgia fan come to the board and debate the relative merits of Matthew Stafford and Mitch Mustain. Both are potentially great college quarterbacks who may see playing time immediately. That would be one helluva discussion to have while we're waiting for fall practice to start.   

Now that would be cool.

We've heard all about Mitch but not that much about Stafford who was rated ahead of Mitch in rivals.

Theolesnort

Just because we are Ark fans make no mistake, Irons is a great running back but also Dmac needs no hype or defending. Barring injury his on the field exploits will speak for itself this fall. Possible erasing all doubt as to where he stands and how good he is.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

SoonerPride

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 04, 2006, 11:34:10 am

I'd love to hear about what Stafford can bring to the table as a quarterback.  Although he was the #1 ranked QB in his class it seems most of the attention has been directed towards Mitch and Tim Tebow.