Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Punta Cana

Started by Hogfaniam, February 22, 2017, 05:11:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

For the first time.  In 2 weeks.  Will have one day to sightsee.  Ideas?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

jkstock04

I was there in Janurary. There are no "sightseeing" places there. You don't wanna leave the resort unless you are going deep sea fishing or scuba diving...something like that.

The idea of going out into their culture & exploring...I wouldn't recommend it. Just my opinion. 3rd world country basically.

If the water is half way calm so you don't puke all day long, the deep sea fishing there is badass. They can hook you into some BIG fish that may take a couple of hours to get to boat. When you get tired you just hand the pole off to someone else. I was on a boat with 6 people total so it's pretty personalized. I also played golf one day which was awesome.

Which resort are you staying at?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogfaniam

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 26, 2017, 08:13:16 am
I was there in Janurary. There are no "sightseeing" places there. You don't wanna leave the resort unless you are going deep sea fishing or scuba diving...something like that.

The idea of going out into their culture & exploring...I wouldn't recommend it. Just my opinion. 3rd world country basically.

If the water is half way calm so you don't puke all day long, the deep sea fishing there is badass. They can hook you into some BIG fish that may take a couple of hours to get to boat. When you get tired you just hand the pole off to someone else. I was on a boat with 6 people total so it's pretty personalized. I also played golf one day which was awesome.

Which resort are you staying at?

Excellence.

It's a shame these places can't do something to secure visitors so they can enjoy sightseeing. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Dirttrackhog

Punta Cana Mike is the best person to go with if you go off the resort.  If you are a party type person, CoCo Bongos is awesome.