Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NASDAQ Investor Validity, Special for RicePig

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, November 30, 2016, 09:05:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 25, 2017, 12:47:59 pm
With Bernie on board I HAVE to ask: how much, if any, of the monies entrusted by "suckers"..err.. investors will actually going into investments? I mean with Bern, who apparently didn't actually make a trade for investors for something like 40-45 years, it's most certainly NOT an insignificant question. BTW we'll watching your car purchases, home buys, and other such expenditures ;) 8) :P

We will have our fees.........

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2017, 12:26:41 pm
You bet, Bernie, Charles, and myself will be running this fund, you'll soon get a prospectus from Ricepig Capital Fund, minimum investment of $1M.

Count me in for 5 millies on the Ricepig Cap Fund.  I figure we can double our money in a week.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on June 25, 2017, 03:08:23 pm
Count me in for 5 millies on the Ricepig Cap Fund.  I figure we can double our money in a week.
Problem is I highly doubt it would be for YOU or anyone else other than the organizers.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2017, 01:49:58 pm
We will have our fees.........
Unfortunately in the real world they aren't supposed to total 100%.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I have finally gotten to a profit with FSESX and FSENX.  It took a while, as the funds remained bottomed out since March.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Talk about being stuck in the mud.  After pulling barely ahead on my energy stocks, they have dropped about 6% over the last few weeks.

Worst investment I have ever made thus far.  :puke: I first bought in back in March, and 5 months later I am still behind.  It is what it is.  When I win, I tell it like it is, when I lose, I tell it like it is.

Luckily though, I still have 50% of my portfolio in cash reserve.

I need an earthquake in Saudi Arabia at about 8.5 on the Richter.

HawgWild

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on August 12, 2017, 06:56:35 pm
Talk about being stuck in the mud.  After pulling barely ahead on my energy stocks, they have dropped about 6% over the last few weeks.

Worst investment I have ever made thus far.

If this is your worst then consider yourself pretty lucky.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: HawgWild on August 15, 2017, 01:59:22 pm
If this is your worst then consider yourself pretty lucky.

I guess you are right, Hawgwild.  I didn't think about it that way.  I've gotten to used to winning I reckon.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on August 12, 2017, 06:56:35 pm

Worst investment I have ever made thus far.  :puke: I first bought in back in March, and 5 months later I am still behind.  It is what it is.  When I win, I tell it like it is, when I lose, I tell it like it is.

Luckily though, I still have 50% of my portfolio in cash reserve.

I need an earthquake in Saudi Arabia at about 8.5 on the Richter.

Well I didn't get an earthquake but I got two hurricanes.  I pulled even on FSENX for the second time after being down and I sold half of my shares yesterday at almost a perfect break even point.  I went ahead 1 1/2 percent on my FSESX shares and sold them all.  I didn't make much money over the course of 5 months, but I managed not to lose any either.

Now I have a mere 18% of my portfolio invested, all still in FSENX.  The other 82% sits in federal cash reserve.

HawgWild

Just curious, what's your YTD return on your total?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: HawgWild on September 16, 2017, 12:28:59 pm
Just curious, what's your YTD return on your total?

Less than 2%.   :'(  The upside is I haven't lost anything.

One could say I missed the bus for sure.  I did hit a good lump just after the 2016 election in a 33 day span though, about 12% on portfolio.  I like to play the ups and downs of bear markets, the bull has ran me over.

HawgWild

Ever think about putting a chunk of that change in an index fund and forget about it?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: HawgWild on September 18, 2017, 01:14:39 pm
Ever think about putting a chunk of that change in an index fund and forget about it?

Not really. I'll sit back and wait for a good play. The bulls cant run forever.  I've always played the in and out game.  I'll wait for a good indicator and try to grab some quick action.

Funny thing is, the more my portfolio grows through contributions, the more conservative I get. 

My only problem with the energy buys was getting in too soon. I eventually got a great quick upswing, just bought too early.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 16, 2017, 09:56:39 am
Well I didn't get an earthquake but I got two hurricanes.  I pulled even on FSENX for the second time after being down and I sold half of my shares yesterday at almost a perfect break even point.  I went ahead 1 1/2 percent on my FSESX shares and sold them all.  I didn't make much money over the course of 5 months, but I managed not to lose any either.

Now I have a mere 18% of my portfolio invested, all still in FSENX.  The other 82% sits in federal cash reserve.

I am selling half of my remaining shares of FSENX today, which leaves with with just 25% of my total owned at this time last week.  I went up another 2% this week, and I am happy to unload for a minimal profit after going down 10% at one point.

Now only 9% of portfolio is invested.  All the rest in Fed Cash Reserve.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I am going to study some charts this weekend and if the markets drop Monday I may make a few buys.

BigBrandonAllenFan

September 25, 2017, 12:23:08 pm #165 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:57:23 am by BigBrandonAllenFan
Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 22, 2017, 12:58:56 pm
I am going to study some charts this weekend and if the markets drop Monday I may make a few buys.

The market is down today and I'm diving in..

Buying these mutual funds today:

20% of portfolio of FLCKX.

4% of portfolio each on these funds:

FNAPX
FFDKX
FGRTX
FDFAX
FVSKX
FSRVX
FRESX
FSAGX
FSNGX
FNARX
FSTCX

I still own 8% of port in FSENX.

Now 68% of portfolio invested, 32% still in Fed Cash reserve.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 22, 2017, 12:57:23 pm
I am selling half of my remaining shares of FSENX today, which leaves with with just 25% of my total owned at this time last week.  I went up another 2% this week, and I am happy to unload for a minimal profit after going down 10% at one point.

Selling another 50% of FSENX today, which leaves me now with only appx 4% of portfolio invested in FSENX, where at one time I was about 38% invested in the single fund. 

Got another good 1.75% increase yesterday.  Will probably drop 1/2% today, as crude oil is down today.  I have managed a small profit now since buying last March thru June.  I've never been so glad to get out of a stock.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 25, 2017, 12:23:08 pm

FNAPX
FFDKX
FGRTX
FDFAX
FVSKX
FSRVX
FRESX
FSAGX
FSNGX
FNARX
FSTCX

There was a reason I went 20% on the FLCKX.  Check the chart.  Note the single day 15% drop last week.  They dipped yesterday over 1% in line with the NASDAQ dip, so I'm hoping my timing is perfect...Unlike my bad timing with the energy stocks.  I'm looking for a slow but steady 10% rise in the next 90-120 days.  That's my hope anyways.  For some reason, Class K stocks took a beating last week.  Most Class K's are 401k funds.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=flckx&oq=flckx&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.83946.85246.0.87750.5.5.0.0.0.0.176.640.0j4.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.4.640...0i131k1j0i10k1.0.af2xBqugJ9Y

BigBrandonAllenFan

Good start. Up 1 1/4% in first week overall on all investments combined from last Monday's buys.  Hoping the trend continues. US markets closed at record highs today after the appx 1 1/2% drops the previous week.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 29, 2017, 08:16:56 pm

Good start. Up 1 1/4% in first week overall on all investments combined from last Monday's buys.  Hoping the trend continues. US markets closed at record highs today after the appx 1 1/2% drops the previous week.

Up two percent overall now.  Still with fingers crossed the trend continues.  The Class K funds I went into deep are rebounding very well.

On another note, yesterday I sold my remaining shares of FSENX that I was hooked into since last March.  I've never been so glad to be out of a fund.  Now on to business as usual.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 25, 2017, 12:23:08 pm

FNAPX
FFDKX
FGRTX
FDFAX
FVSKX
FSRVX
FRESX
FSAGX
FSNGX
FNARX
FSTCX

I still own 8% of port in FSENX.

Now 68% of portfolio invested, 32% still in Fed Cash reserve.
As of yesterday, my now former employer that I still maintained my 403b account with, has made major changes.  No longer is over 240 Fidelity mutual funds available for trade.  Now only 27 VanGuard funds are available, and all of my investments have been automatically converted to 8 different VanGuard funds that were a similar type match to my funds held above. Tomorrow I am selling them all and going to VanGuard Fed Cash reserve, since I know little about VanGuard, and a quick check shows me I'm really not interested in any of the funds at this point because they are all peaked out by a quick check of the graphs.

The good thing is, I made a little over 2% last week with the buys listed above.  It was a good week.  I have spoken with my Fidelity rep, and I am rolling over my full portfolio into a Fidelity IRA, this with no cost since I no longer am with my old employer with which I had the 403b, and I am over the age of 55.  This is GREAT for me in that I will now be able to purchase any single stock or any mutual fund on the US market with a fee of only $4.50 per trade.