vandy
2 (1%)
some school in cali
11 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: LA HAWG on July 18, 2006, 11:55:09 am
Quote from: HighOnHogs on July 18, 2006, 11:53:55 am
A chance to play on a hog team that is being looked at right now by its fans to be the one who can take us somewhere we have never been.
A chance to be a part of the biggest Hog team to play for Arkansas since the 60's. 
A chance to be a part of the team that wins the SEC for the next few years.
A chance to play on a team that houses 3 or 4 possible Heisman Candidates.

None of these will come to be.

I don't know.  We do have a national championship, so they can't really take us anywhere we haven't been yet.

A chance to be on the best team since the 60's?  Yeah, I'll go for that.  I could see us in the BCS in the next 3 years.

Win the SEC?  I think we have a heck of a shot if Mustain pans out like we think, our backs stay healthy, and our defense continues to improve.  Very doable at least once over the next three years.

Don't think we can have 3 or 4 Heisman candidates on the same team?  We already have one in McFadden.  Mustain is certainly possible.  And while they won't be playing at the same time, if Kodi is this legit as well, he could possible be the third.  I don't think we'll have 3 at all the same time, but who does? 

The reason I don't think we can do the first is based on a technicality in that we've already got a NC....wait....that wasn't an AP National Championship......ah hell, I guess all of the above is doable.

SbrokeskiAg

Quote from: HogSportsLover on July 18, 2006, 12:24:36 pm
you obviously don't know a thing about scholarships...when you get a scholarship for full tuition, like an athletic one that kodi would get at A&M, you don't have to pay state income taxes...that is why it is called a full scholarship...it pays for everything!!

Dubs
I don't know why I even use emoticons....they serve no purpose here.

And LA...Hog fan isn't exactly in the best position to rag on teams for getting blown out.  And the only problem any of us think the Ags have is the head coach.  This could be the maroon gatorade talkin' but I think were fine.  Definitely no worse than UA. Geez thats for sure.

BigHog396

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 18, 2006, 02:49:23 pm
Quote from: PorkCheops on July 18, 2006, 12:05:47 pm
ArkansasI:  "All reports that I have read indicate that he is as good as Mitch." ???????

None that I have read indicate that.  Burns may be great, but I have yet to see one observer say he is on a level with Mustain, except perhaps in arm strength.

That's not to say that Burns might not become as good as Mustain.  However, if you compare the two at the same time in their high school careers, there is little evidence, much less something along the lines of "all reports," indicating your statement as true.

The direct comparisons that I read were from the game they played against each other last year.  According to reports, Kodi looked as good to many as Mitch.  However, Mitch had better receivers and a better system that he played in. . .

I have no idea if this is accurate information, just what I read.
I talked to a number of people in Fort Smith that believed Kodi was as good as or better than Mitch before last seasons matchup between the two.  EVERY SINGLE ONE of those people, without exception, came away from that game singing the praises of Mitch Mustain.  They all still believe, and I agree, that Kodi's arm is as strong or stronger than Mitch's, but all said he is not at the same level as Mitch at this point.

I also have to agree with HogCard.  They are two different types of QB's, and both are excellent at what they do.  Kodi would be a great pick-up, and I believe the timing would work out great for him if he were to come in and redshirt.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Couldn't get me to take a schollie to a Texas school.  They take care of business the same way every other business is run in Texas.  Take the fully schollie away and find someone who illegally transferred in that will play the position for a 1/4th of a full scholarship.  Nope.  I would stay right here.

williamsB

because fans here are smart enough to hate the coach

hogsmaster

For all reasons listed above and because I want him to. ;D

pork and mindy

I'd allow my kid to take a scholarship with an Al-Qaeda training camp before I sent him to a Texas school.

Hogz87

Because who in their right mind would want to go to Auburn where Alabama is the states favorite school?

werehog

Kodi is not as hot a prospect as Mitch. Mitch is a kid that has a shot at playing on Sunday and making an impact. Kodi is a Nebraska-style QB who is great at the option game -- except option football is so over. Not even the Huskers run it anymore. Missouri had a Kodi Burns type QB last year. He was a thrill a minute, but the Tigers were a mediocre team. With Mitch and a great bunch of wide outs and an offensive line that can pass block plus great running backs and the Hogs will draw other MMs. Kodi is a nice get but he is better off in the Big 12 or the Big Two and the Puny Ten.

AFWarrior83

I disagree, from what I hear Kodi can throw the ball fast far and accurate, don't forget Mitch was throwing to some of the best WR's in the state last year. Not knocking MM by any means, he is a great QB, but Kodi had a lot less talent to work with.
Hogville member since 2005.

SonOfMud

Quote from: werehog on July 19, 2006, 01:46:24 am
Kodi is a nice get but he is better off in the Big 12 or the Big Two and the Puny Ten.

Tell that to Florida when they picked up Tim Tebow.  Or tell Texas that Vince Young wasn't able to produce outside his league.  Or tell Virginia Tech that the Vicks weren't any good. 
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Hogward R. Murrow

Quote from: pork and mindy on July 19, 2006, 12:47:42 am
I'd allow my kid to take a scholarship with an Al-Qaeda training camp before I sent him to a Texas school.

You can't honestly say that if Mack Brown himself offered your son a scholly, you wouldn't talk to him. If you wouldn't, then the only person you are thinking about is yourself.

I would consider it an honor if they offered my son. I would even go down there with him. When he was inside talking to the coaches, I would walk right out to the center of the field and piss on the horns.  I would assume he would have many other great offers if UT were a' callin.

Hawgballz

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on July 18, 2006, 12:49:58 pm
Thanks TRG! He is an impressive athlete.

I love the way that he sprints in traffic, with reckless abandon, as well as his hunger to get in the endzone.

I would love to see this kid with a Hog on his helmet!

I truly believe that we will get to see this young man run through the A.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on July 18, 2006, 06:14:37 pmI don't know.  We do have a national championship, so they can't really take us anywhere we haven't been yet.

I don't consider our NC being the same as the BCS NC.  So we haven't done that yet and we also haven't yet won the SEC.

blake

Quote from: big boes on July 17, 2006, 04:15:44 pm
he may not even play qb.
He wants to be a QB and thats what Gus is recruiting him for. I don't see him comeing to UA to play another position.

Hawgballz

Quote from: SbrokeskiAg on July 18, 2006, 11:59:14 am
I like LAHAWG's thinking on these things....of course I'm hoping Kodi goes south down to College Station. 
These reasons need to be unique to the area.  Like if he went to A&M he would have no state income tax!  Now that's a good reason to play ball for the Ags!  ;)

Now, that was funny.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hoghead on July 18, 2006, 06:04:09 pm
Quote from: Yo Huckleberry on July 18, 2006, 05:17:02 pm
This one's easy: he was born in Arkansas, lives in Arkansas, and has been offered a scholarship by the University of Arkansas and IF his momma has raised him right, he will then attend the University of Arkansas. Period.

So is Josh Tresevant and Arkansas hasn't made up thier mind about this academicly sound and gifted player from Morrilton!

I may be wrong about this, but I had heard that Josh would be attending camp on the hill soon and would likely receive a offer after the camp if he showed what the coaches were looking for.

PigPusher

I is simply that Kodi will amount to an additional brick in the foundation of the comeback of the Razorback program. Excellent players make for excellent programs.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Hogward R. Murrow

What Arkansas also has failed to realize is that most good programs have more than 1 good Quarterback. I thought that was the way it was supposed to work. Unfortunately a lot of kids want to play now because they are used to getting everything immediately. What happens is a lot of times they don't learn from a seasoned QB.

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

BPPig

Here is a different one. He has the athletic ability and arm strength to win the job. He and Alex Wood are made for each other. Alex has a lot of experience with mobile QB's with big time arms that want to throw first rather than run.

Hawgballz

July 19, 2006, 11:41:14 am #172 Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:04:11 pm by HawgBall06
Quote from: BPPig on July 19, 2006, 11:35:16 am
Here is a different one. He has the athletic ability and arm strength to win the job. He and Alex Wood are made for each other. Alex has a lot of experience with mobile QB's with big time arms that want to throw first rather than run.

I love Gus, but I believe that it is Alex Wood who will secure the services of Kodi Burns because of his NFL experience.

darkhogfan

Quote from: HawgBall06 on July 19, 2006, 11:41:14 am
Quote from: BPPig on July 19, 2006, 11:35:16 am

I love Gus, but I believe that it is Alex Wood who be secure the services of Kodi Burns because of his NFL experience.

I agree.  I really think that was what convinced Mitch to come.  I know Gus being here didn't hurt, but even after he was hired it was a while before Mitch fully committed.  I think Wood could also be the main factor in Burns coming.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

hogfan47

any word on how Kodi's trip to the hill is going
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

pioneerhog

TRG Are you planning on a interview with Kodi tonight to see how hiw visit went?

Hog_One_Stop

Is Kodi the next V. Young???

Smithian

I was at the game verse SHS when that last play happened. I was actually going down to the concession stand in that endzone totally lined up with the TD line when that play happened and I'll be darned if that was not a fumble...

Still hope we get him.

northsideHog03

If it makes anyone feel any better, he took Auburn Fan page on myspace off his top 8.

press ham

Quote from: werehog on July 19, 2006, 01:46:24 am
Kodi is not as hot a prospect as Mitch. Mitch is a kid that has a shot at playing on Sunday and making an impact. Kodi is a Nebraska-style QB who is great at the option game -- except option football is so over. Not even the Huskers run it anymore. Missouri had a Kodi Burns type QB last year. He was a thrill a minute, but the Tigers were a mediocre team. With Mitch and a great bunch of wide outs and an offensive line that can pass block plus great running backs and the Hogs will draw other MMs. Kodi is a nice get but he is better off in the Big 12 or the Big Two and the Puny Ten.
nebraska style? he considers himself pocket passer. it just so happens he can run a 4.5. no way he signs with a running school or anything in the big 12. he's sec material. the gus factor makes him a hog.

press ham

i think this recruiting class will be "special". i know my fellow hogvillians don't like that word, but it fits in this situation. i think this class will blow up similar to the last 2 weeks of last yrs recruiting class after mitch's verbal commit. and kodi if you read this, we need ol, te, cb, fb and safeties. thanks. go  :razorback:s go

bigred7987

Only reason people say that is because he is black and athletic, he still is a QB first. 

GuvHog

I don't think his skin color has anything to do with his abilities as a Quarterback.
He,ll be a great one.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HamShank

HoggusMaximus

here is a good question for ya, If indeed we do nab kodi do you think he will be redshirted or do you think he is gonna battle it out with MM for the QB spot, or do you think they will use them both as the situation needs either a pocket passer or a run and gun type qb.

brooks74

If Mitch plays and develops like we all think he will, Burns should redshirt, but as we have seen in the past with HDN, who the crap knows.  He could plan on redshirting until the last game of the year and get put in for mop up duty.

press ham

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on July 20, 2006, 01:21:01 pm
here is a good question for ya, If indeed we do nab kodi do you think he will be redshirted or do you think he is gonna battle it out with MM for the QB spot, or do you think they will use them both as the situation needs either a pocket passer or a run and gun type qb.
good question. i would prefer to rs kodi and put 2 yrs between him and mm. mm will be a sr when kodi is a rs soph. pretty sweet back-up. he'll mop-up duty as a soph and start as a jr. i'm not writing off cd or rj, but they need to step it up. did kodi win the qb competion over mm last year? i thought i heard that somewhere, but not sure. i say rs him. the only that will shake things up is injuries.

Tomhog™

It would be best if we red-shirted MM this year, but due to the circumstances, we will need him to play this season.  Redshirting Kodi should be a no-brainer unless he becomes an instant phenom at the SEC level...

arkhogdog61

talked to a guy i work with who talked to his nephew who plays at northside and he said kodi is leaning towards auburn real strong. just a rumor
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

SPAL

i honestly dont believe that. All things have pointed in favor of an Arkansas lean the past week, but then again, nothing is set in stone at this point.

arkhogdog61

yeah but with mm here he's gonna be a backup for a few years and he wants to play qb.

HatfieldHog

Perish the thought.....

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

TulsaHogFan

I think the info might have been accurate at one point in time, but that was a while ago.

I believe KB is out of town right now and this info could be inncorrect.

HogHillbilly

He'll play backup at Auburn too.............Plus, he might not get to play at a Bowl game or play in Atlanta if Auburn gets slapped by the NCAA !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

chillinhoggie

and Sally told Suzy that she saw Bobby and Stacey making out at the Tastee-freeze on Saturday night....

arkhogdog61

thats the same stuff i heard when i kept telling everyone we would get 4 out of 5 at springdale. i forgot all the kids are still off for the summer.

Factual Fiction

Quote from: chillinhoggie on July 24, 2006, 11:53:39 am
and Sally told Suzy that she saw Bobby and Stacey making out at the Tastee-freeze on Saturday night....

That Stacey is such a slut. I'm so going to get even with her.