texas a&m
58 (28.3%)
vandy
2 (1%)
some school in cali
11 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

wildhogman

If Mustain plays enough this year, I can see him getting his numbers. Def's stack the line to stop our rushing game and he suddenly goes over the top to some of our WR's, or catching the RB's out of the backfeild. he dont have to get great numbers this year, just decent. Then his soph and JR years he can get the great numbers and be in the NFL which puts Kodi playing as red shirt soph. That when we finally start getting to the point where we say, "NEXT".
Remember, most people think it will take untill next year to get Guz's system fully installed.

gopigsgo

How many injured Qb's do we have now? What if Mitch gets hurt also?
Another angle is that he may turn out to be just as good a player. Come on Kodi put on the helment with a HOG on it.

ConwayHog

Hey we could also use him in a package or two and get him ready?  I don't have a problem with that as long as it wouldn't hurt Mitch and Kodi is a quality QB.  I had a problem with it when it was Sorahan/Jones.  This seems a tad different.

bigred7987

For the record people talked about Lee's facebook, Kodi is in 3 groups and the only one pertaining to college is the "all arkansas razorback fans" group. 

dasheets12

i just cant see him leaving early, if he wants to win at arkansas, like he says he does, he will have to stay all four years.
i dont see ark being nat. competitive until then. it will take a few years to build the talent, and coach it up, possibly with a new coach).
but back to the topic at hand, we do need kodi.

question to anyone who knows alot about gus' offense: we know that mustain fits gus' system well, how would kodi fit into it? he's a diff. type qb.

hog_fan

I find it interesting that a month and half ago he was planning to make visits during the season and make his decisions at the end of the year and nowhe is close to making a decision. Looks like to me Gus is going to reel him in and will finish the deal on Wednesday.

pioneerhog

I like the fact that we are going to be his last visit. I was kinda figureing that he had already been to the U of A campus. So anyone think he might be going up there to commit to them in person?

thahawg

If it is down to us and Auburn I think we get him. Why would someone want to go to Auburn with all the stuff happening down there. You would think if he wanted to go there he would at least wait and see if they get probation.

BPPig

I sure hope Mr Burns stays home. Almost every SEC school will have some big time QB competition and Kodi can flat out play. My best friend and I have been talking out Razorback FB for over 30 years. He played DT in college and he thinks KB is the best prospect he has seen coming out of AR in years, including MM. I am not on that fence but he said the kid is flat scary to D-linemen. I know that arm is in rarefied air. He is a QB and only a QB. Any other position for him would be insane.

dasheets12

yeah, the probation thing has gotta be huge. i know i would take look at it hard and ask alot of questions if i were burns.

CordovaHog

Nothing will come of the "grade issues" at Auburn.  Looks like the NY Times jumped the gun/didn't get their facts straight, again.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2006-07-17-auburn-probe_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

HotRodHog

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 17, 2006, 05:34:15 pm
I like the fact that we are going to be his last visit. I was kinda figureing that he had already been to the U of A campus. So anyone think he might be going up there to commit to them in person?

Good point - Auburn's troubles whether they turn into probation or not, is not a good situation for a young guy like Burns. Even if someone else got him, I hope he stays out of that bee hive. Auburn's history with this kind of stuff and their track record of turning on coaches (even good ones) is well known.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

Hogstocking

July 18, 2006, 02:57:11 am #112 Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:07:35 am by Piggy Hogstocking
I think we get Burns.  I guess it's blind faith in Gus on my part, but Gus' short but proven track record in recruiting has sold me, and the fact that we get Burns last visit is HUGE  IMO.

Something to keep an eye on this afternoon....... Auburn appears to be in good shape with QB Logan Gray, a 4 star #2 player in Missouri with 23 offers and the #7 dual threat QB on rivals..  His final 4 schools are Mizzou, Florida, Georgia and Auburn. Gray is set to announce his decision at 1:00 today. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Alex Wood is playing a major, major part in Kodi's decision not taking credit away from Gus but you would be suprised.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HighOnHogs

I hope Kodi picks Arkansas.  Seeing our competitors land our few great instate talents rather than us only gives the program another kick in the groin.

The Arkansas program is turning itself around and he will have fun being a part of it.

If our defense is turned around Arkansas is going to be pounding Auburn soon.

Hollywood_HOGan

I remember Tennessee having a similar situation.

Peyton Manning was the all world superstar (Mitch)
Tee Martin was a dual threat talent (Kodi).

Tennessee had some big time sucess with Peyton winning the SEC championship but then Martin leads them to the national chamionship in his first starting year which will be his jr season.

Hmmmmm

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: CordovaHog on July 17, 2006, 06:09:33 pmLooks like the NY Times jumped the gun/didn't get their facts straight, again.

Gee, what else is new?

ArkansasI

I hope everyone on here understands the desperate need that the Hogs have for Kodi Burns.  All reports that I have read indicate that he is as good as Mitch.  Talk about no-brainerville. . . Kodi is a must have.

Mitch hasn't played a down of football for the Razorbacks.  We all hope for the best for Mitch and Kodi.  For all we know, Kodi will beat out Mitch for the job.  If he doesn't, Kodi may receive the luxury of redshirting his freshman year.

I don't believe Mitch will have that option, even if Robert and Casey play well this year.  Too much pressure on everyone, from fans and Mitch, not to give Mitch a chance this year.

In short, Kodi can't lose by becoming a Razorback.  I would love to see this young man in Razorback Red.  1) He'll have as much opportunity at the University of Arkansas as anywhere;  2) Coaches Malzahn and Wood make the University a very attractive option for all quarterbacks;  3) Being a Razorback will give Kodi a ton of options in football and school.

Good luck Kodi, I hope that you are a Hog.

darkhogfan

I love the hogs, and hope they get him.  But what are the pros for Kodi if he comes?
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

Thunderhog Jr

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

jabohog

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

jabohog

pimphog

Look at Matt Jones.......he stayed and was a God.  If you stay here, everyone will know who you are......he will be a celebrity within our little state.  Plus, all the women that will want you because you are the bada@# QB for Arkansas.........

HighOnHogs

A chance to play on a hog team that is being looked at right now by its fans to be the one who can take us somewhere we have never been.
A chance to be a part of the biggest Hog team to play for Arkansas since the 60's. 
A chance to be a part of the team that wins the SEC for the next few years.
A chance to play on a team that houses 3 or 4 possible Heisman Candidates.

LA HAWG

To be able to sit on the bench or be moved to Safety.

LA HAWG

Quote from: HighOnHogs on July 18, 2006, 11:53:55 am
A chance to play on a hog team that is being looked at right now by its fans to be the one who can take us somewhere we have never been.
A chance to be a part of the biggest Hog team to play for Arkansas since the 60's. 
A chance to be a part of the team that wins the SEC for the next few years.
A chance to play on a team that houses 3 or 4 possible Heisman Candidates.

None of these will come to be.

SbrokeskiAg

I like LAHAWG's thinking on these things....of course I'm hoping Kodi goes south down to College Station. 
These reasons need to be unique to the area.  Like if he went to A&M he would have no state income tax!  Now that's a good reason to play ball for the Ags!  ;)

PorkCheops

July 18, 2006, 12:05:47 pm #129 Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:07:19 pm by PorkCheops
ArkansasI:  "All reports that I have read indicate that he is as good as Mitch." ???????

None that I have read indicate that.  Burns may be great, but I have yet to see one observer say he is on a level with Mustain, except perhaps in arm strength.

That's not to say that Burns might not become as good as Mustain.  However, if you compare the two at the same time in their high school careers, there is little evidence, much less something along the lines of "all reports," indicating your statement as true.
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

LA HAWG

Quote from: SbrokeskiAg on July 18, 2006, 11:59:14 am
I like LAHAWG's thinking on these things....of course I'm hoping Kodi goes south down to College Station. 
These reasons need to be unique to the area.  Like if he went to A&M he would have no state income tax!  Now that's a good reason to play ball for the Ags!  ;)

Texas A&M.  One of the few football programs in America that is a bigger train wreck than Arkansas.

LA HAWG

77-0

darkhogfan

What are you guys paying players now at A&M?
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

DirectorM

So Franny is paying his players?  Why else would he care about state  income tax? 

HogSportsLover

you obviously don't know a thing about scholarships...when you get a scholarship for full tuition, like an athletic one that kodi would get at A&M, you don't have to pay state income taxes...that is why it is called a full scholarship...it pays for everything!!

Dubs

The Recruiting Guy

Thought I would bring this to the top.

Rooka

man if we get him and redshirt him, we would have him two years after Mustain.  That would be awesome.

HOGLUVIN

Thanks TRG! He is an impressive athlete.

I love the way that he sprints in traffic, with reckless abandon, as well as his hunger to get in the endzone.

I would love to see this kid with a Hog on his helmet!

Rooka

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on July 18, 2006, 12:49:58 pm
Thanks TRG! He is an impressive athlete.

I love the way that he sprints in traffic, with reckless abandon, as well as his hunger to get in the endzone.

I would love to see this kid with a Hog on his helmet!
Amen to that.

Thunderhog Jr

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Hogstocking

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on July 18, 2006, 02:57:11 am
Something to keep an eye on this afternoon....... Auburn appears to be in good shape with QB Logan Gray, a 4 star #2 player in Missouri with 23 offers and the #7 dual threat QB on rivals..  His final 4 schools are Mizzou, Florida, Georgia and Auburn. Gray is set to announce his decision at 1:00 today. 

Well dayum...Gray commited to Georgia. 

ArkansasI

Quote from: PorkCheops on July 18, 2006, 12:05:47 pm
ArkansasI:  "All reports that I have read indicate that he is as good as Mitch." ???????

None that I have read indicate that.  Burns may be great, but I have yet to see one observer say he is on a level with Mustain, except perhaps in arm strength.

That's not to say that Burns might not become as good as Mustain.  However, if you compare the two at the same time in their high school careers, there is little evidence, much less something along the lines of "all reports," indicating your statement as true.

The direct comparisons that I read were from the game they played against each other last year.  According to reports, Kodi looked as good to many as Mitch.  However, Mitch had better receivers and a better system that he played in. . .

I have no idea if this is accurate information, just what I read.

pseudorabies

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 18, 2006, 02:49:23 pm
Quote from: PorkCheops on July 18, 2006, 12:05:47 pm

The direct comparisons that I read were from the game they played against each other last year.  According to reports, Kodi looked as good to many as Mitch.  However, Mitch had better receivers and a better system that he played in. . .

I have no idea if this is accurate information, just what I read.

I was at the game.  Kodi did extremely well in hitting his recievers only to have them drop it. 

HogCards88

People need to stop trying to compare Burns and Mustain. They are two different types of QBs, and both good at what they do. Simple as that.

SonOfMud

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on July 18, 2006, 01:12:43 pm
Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on July 18, 2006, 02:57:11 am

Well dayum...Gray commited to Georgia. 

Why would a good qb commit to Georgia this year, considering that they just got Stafford?? 

As we can see, the good schools get good skill players every year.  Arkansas should not be the exception.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Yo Huckleberry

This one's easy: he was born in Arkansas, lives in Arkansas, and has been offered a scholarship by the University of Arkansas and IF his momma has raised him right, he will then attend the University of Arkansas. Period.

northsidegrizzly06

he will be a hog because he will get to wear that helmet and run through the A and represent the state he has grown up in

Hoghead

Watching the Mitch Mustain Show while they Red Shirt him. Then to be compared to Matt Jones and Mustain his next 3 years there. To be Booed like heck when does make a mistake from time to time. Those are all Reasons to sign with Arkansas. The fact that he's a very gifted player that they need to sign is merley irrelevent.

Hoghead

Quote from: Yo Huckleberry on July 18, 2006, 05:17:02 pm
This one's easy: he was born in Arkansas, lives in Arkansas, and has been offered a scholarship by the University of Arkansas and IF his momma has raised him right, he will then attend the University of Arkansas. Period.

So is Josh Tresevant and Arkansas hasn't made up thier mind about this academicly sound and gifted player from Morrilton!