Mississippi State Fans' Cowbell ringing
30 (18.9%)
Tennessee's Band Playing Rocky Top every time the offense gains one inch
117 (73.6%)
South Carolina's Rooster Crowing over the loudspeaker
12 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Chappeee

Feel free to tell me if I've left one out...

rzrbaxfan

You left out "All of the above".

This was the toughest survey yet.

SultanofSwine

The freakin Hwy Dept's national anthem grates on my last nerve. >:(

jvegashawg

rzrbaxfan

Ok, I'll admit to being the one that voted for the Chicken...just because Rocky Top  & the cowbells at least can rally the fans and have some tradition.

Maybe hogman64 can help me out...has the choking chicken sound effect been used long in USC?  Do the fans really cheer with it or participate like the way MSU fans do with the cowbells or Tenn fans singing along with Rocky Top?

That will be one of my road trips this fall, so I'm curious as to what to expect.

hogmary

It's hard to pick between the cowbells and Rocky Top.  I would rather hear the Eyes of Texas than Rocky Top (and I HATE TEXAS).  The bells are very irritating, but so is Rocky Top.  One of the best sounds I ever heard was at a Mississippi State-Ark game in LR...I passed by the gate that most of the MSU fans were using, and the sound was bells being dropped into a cardboard box as they were being taken away from the Dogs.  Another time, I sat in the WMS end zone next to the Texas band and my ears rang for a week after the game (we won) from the cow bells they were ringing.

bigyellowdog

Rocky Top.  Hearing those inbreds sing it is annoying as well. 

hogsNbeer

I picked the Cowbells...they get on my everlast nerve, quickly...... I like BAND MUSIC, so I dont' mine listening to Rocky Top....

pbjones81

hogs777

GO HOGS!!!!

TheUrge68

Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

HawgnDos

The rooster crowing has to be the stupidest one.

Ross U (HDHF)

The song Rocky Top permanently scarred me in the fall of 1998...I was only a child :'(

noprayerfornutt

I voted for Rocky Top, even though hearing that chicken squalking is closing fast.

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 14, 2006, 04:50:37 pm
I picked the Cowbells...they get on my everlast nerve, quickly...... I like BAND MUSIC, so I dont' mine listening to Rocky Top....
I agree, plus I remember back in 98' when Arkansas was going to starkville and the commish had ordered that no cowbwells were allowed or there would be penalties.
I think they were actually louder than normal! Of course, there aint a lot to ding about down there anymore!  ;)
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

the donger

When we "call the Hogs" out of Unison.

Ugly Uncle

Rocky Top.

They play it for every first down, every complete pass, every time Phil farts.  I can't stand it...they play it in our stadium and it makes me want to beat them with barbed wire.
Retired Radio Host

ammohog

Having attended many games at Neyland stadium with 100K plus fans all singing that song Rocky Top has got my vote.

Good ole Rocky Top  :puke:
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Oklahawg

The cowbells come with no on-field tradition to give it moxie. Any opponents annoying traditions can be respected if they accompany something special on the field. Nothing annoys me more than Texas A&M's military garbage but it works and its mighty impressive. I respect the heck out of it. Sorry, had to wipe vomit up off of the keyboard (honesty is a toughy).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GuvHog

In 1999 when the Hogs beat Tennessee, the VOL fans sang "Rocky Top"
from the beginning Non stop. When A. Lucas scored that final TD,
THEY STOPPED SINGING!
OH How Sweet was Their Silence!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

dana caldwell

that gator chomp deal is the most annoying to me, followed by the cow bells, rocky top and the stupid chicken.

coolest are calling of the hogs and the pregame fly-around by war eagle.

jkcrunch

Hotie Totie cheer Ole Miss fans yell.  Best part about being at the 7 ot game was hearing them go silent

Also hate Roll Tide,Gator Bait, Rocky Top, Geuax Tigers, and any other crap our opponents put out

cmh_hog

Yeah, that hoty tody crap that Ole Miss does is sure annoying. Whats funny is they never get it right either one side of the stadium is usually finished with the cheer then the other side is usually only midway through it.

Pretty embarassing when your fans cant even cheer right for the football team, but hey its Mississippi, screwing things up is expected.

rzrbaxfan

QuoteRocky Top.

They play it for every first down, every complete pass, every time Phil farts.  I can't stand it...they play it in our stadium and it makes me want to beat them with barbed wire.

Phil must have been Mr Farty Pants last year.  Their offense was terrible and yet the band still found an excuse to play on.

juke

I hate the song "Hog Wild" by Bocephus.  I wish we'd quit playing that.  At least "root hog" ain't done anymore.  That was the stooopidest cheer I think I've ever seen.

Wooisme

You forgot the Vandy fight song:  "Born to Lose"...

Oooops....guess we Hawgs bettah not bring up the 'Dores.   :-X

Gee, "WhatMeWorry,Houston?" has put us in a position of ONLY being able to make fun of the Mississippi schools these days, hasn't he??    ;D
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Wooisme on June 15, 2006, 04:25:30 pm
You forgot the Vandy fight song:  "Born to Lose"...

Oooops....guess we Hawgs bettah not bring up the 'Dores.   :-X

Gee, "WhatMeWorry,Houston?" has put us in a position of ONLY being able to make fun of the Mississippi schools these days, hasn't he??    ;D

We've really sank, really fast!

Wooisme

(A while back now...) While beating BAMA for the first time in years, LSU fans began to chant:

"Bear Bryant is dead. Bear Bryant is dead."

Can anyone's fans be MORE obnoxious and disliked than LSU??   :D
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Wooisme on June 15, 2006, 05:11:16 pm
(A while back now...) While beating BAMA for the first time in years, LSU fans began to chant:

"Bear Bryant is dead. Bear Bryant is dead."

Can anyone's fans be MORE obnoxious and disliked than LSU??   :D

At least someone's told the Bammars that.

woodhog14

The elephant that sounds like it is being molested over the loud speaker is annoying at the Bama games.  They play that on every other play!!!  :-X

firehogs

All three annoying to me. But the best music to my ears is calling the hogs...

GO ADHA!
GO HOGS!

Cresthog

I HATE ROCKY TOP!!

I dont like those cowbells either but you dont here them as much since they dont have much to cheer about down in Starkville. I remember in 98' and 99' when MSU had some pretty good teams, all you heard all game was those damn cowbells. Rocky top on the other hand....they play ALL THE TIME. Even when Rick Clausen was QB

Arkiejared

The thing that is worse than Rocky Top to me is the stupid "SMOKEY'S ON THE PROWL" followed by 100,000 people howling like hound dogs.  I heard it way to much in the 63-20 loss in Knoxville... :puke: :puke: :puke:

MrSpook1352

RazrBakr

That Gay-tor chomp is pretty nerve racking and that Roollll Tiiidde supported by a box of laundry detergent with charmin on a stick, come on, that's GOT to be embarassing!
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Richard_white

Rocky Top

I live in Tennessee and I get to experience it 24/7

One of my sales reps has Rocky Top as his ringer. 

GAMECOCKBOY

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 14, 2006, 03:33:11 pm
Ok, I'll admit to being the one that voted for the Chicken...just because Rocky Top  & the cowbells at least can rally the fans and have some tradition.

Maybe hogman64 can help me out...has the choking chicken sound effect been used long in USC?  Do the fans really cheer with it or participate like the way MSU fans do with the cowbells or Tenn fans singing along with Rocky Top?

That will be one of my road trips this fall, so I'm curious as to what to expect.
the rooster sound started this past year.....it gets a loud response and its started being used at the basketball games as well
MESS WITH THE FEATHERS U SHALL GET SPURED!!!

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

hogfan064

Quote from: GAMECOCKBOY on June 15, 2006, 11:48:31 pm
Quote from: rzrbaxfan on June 14, 2006, 03:33:11 pm

the rooster sound started this past year.....it gets a loud response and its started being used at the basketball games as well

Actually USC has been playing the rooster over the PA since about 2000.  If you watch the College Flash Classic of USC-MSU in 2000 they actually make fun of that rooster sound.   They play it after each TD and after each win. 

nwarkboyz#1

i cant stand rocky top but nothing compares to hearing "GO MIGHTY GATORS" for any amount of time.
You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.

dman

Rocky Top is very annoying, but it is still better that The Eyes of Texas.

nwarkboyz#1

You wanna know what the hardest thing about being an Ole Miss fan is?........ Telling you're parents that you're gay!..... Arkansas football is my passion. Hating colonel REB is more like a hobby of mine.