Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Veteran looking for employment

Started by GrizzlyRider07, December 27, 2015, 10:02:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Ever since I returned home from Afghanistan like October. I've had the hardest time getting a job. The one job I found I was laid off a month later and had to resort to drawing unemployment. I now moved back to Fort Smith where I am originally from but still haven't been able to find a stable decent job. I've got years of experience in Customer Service and also a little construction work from being in the military. I've always been a hard worker just looking for the opportunity to work for a great employer. At this rate I really just wish I was back overseas. At least I was making great money to support my family. If you know anything please help me out.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Either be prepared to commute or move, if necessary. The job market in the vicinity of Fort Smith is on an ebb cycle. My dad is a carpenter and has had to take jobs as far as Talihina, OK, to keep work coming in.

Look to NWA for customer service jobs, I would think.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Squealers

We should encourage employers in the NWA area to host a 1 day Veterans Job Fair.  I don't know how to go about getting something like this started but I sure would be willing to do so.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

MountieDawg

Camp alliance is putting on a Career Day to help Vets get jobs April 9th at the US Army Reserve Center in Bentonville.
SEC!