Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is a warning from someone who gets to see the Trojans every game they play

Started by werehog, June 02, 2006, 02:04:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsNbeer

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on June 02, 2006, 02:46:47 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 02, 2006, 02:42:59 pm
Quote from: testis on June 02, 2006, 02:29:17 pm
werehog  i think you are seriusly underestimating the razorbacks new razzmatazz offense!!  with implementing malzahns new razzle dazzle schemes the s4 crew and dmac attack will put some serius razorburn on the usc defense!!  go hogs go!!

I'll be eagerly waiting your posts after the game.....after the thumping we get...

Most of us will not be eagerly awaiting anything if it's a thumping (except more major changes in the program).  I can accept that you think it will be a thumping, I'm just disappointed that you seem excited at the thought.  I hope you don't mean it to come across that way - you must be a big fan or you wouldn't be here.
Yep...You took it the wrong way....No way in hell am I happy to have to say that stuff...... It makes me sick to my stomach that we, as hog fans, have to openly admit that we are not good..... I want something better..... No hard feelings.....

SupaCrawf

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 02, 2006, 10:51:47 am

If you want to kid yourself that there will be a dropoff in talent for USC, you have another 3 months to continue doing so. Enjoy!

Maybe not a talent dropoff, but definately an experience dropoff at key position.
I'm kind of a big deal.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 02, 2006, 02:49:51 pm
werehog  i think you are seriusly underestimating the razorbacks new razzmatazz offense!!  with implementing malzahns new razzle dazzle schemes the s4 crew and dmac attack will put some serius razorburn on the usc defense!!  go hogs go!!

I'll be eagerly waiting your posts after the game.....after the thumping we get...

Most of us will not be eagerly awaiting anything if it's a thumping (except more major changes in the program).  I can accept that you think it will be a thumping, I'm just disappointed that you seem excited at the thought.  I hope you don't mean it to come across that way - you must be a big fan or you wouldn't be here.
Yep...You took it the wrong way....No way in hell am I happy to have to say that stuff...... It makes me sick to my stomach that we, as hog fans, have to openly admit that we are not good..... I want something better..... No hard feelings.....

Fair enough!  Let's hope we get a pleasant surprise or at least that we avoid the thumping.  WPS!

spaHOGfan

They might not have a major talent drop off, but none of these guys are a Reggie Bush, and I am not sure but I do not know how good these QB are in comparison with Matt Lienhart

hogsNbeer

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on June 02, 2006, 02:55:16 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 02, 2006, 02:49:51 pm

Fair enough!  Let's hope we get a pleasant surprise or at least that we avoid the thumping.  WPS!

Nothing would make me happier.....+1 to you...

brooks74

Quote from: The real Hogules on June 02, 2006, 11:32:25 am
It'll be a good day to tailgate in Fayetteville...if it is not too warm. My suggestion would be to stay at your tailgate and listen to the game on the radio. You will be back at your tailgate by halftime any way so might as well skip the first half and stay at your tailgate - this game will be very ugly for the Hogs.

I can't believe that some of you are already admitting defeat to the Trojans!
I'm NOT going to stay at the tailgate party during the ballgame, just because we're playing the bunch of cheaters from the west coast and I expect to lose.
Hell, to the contrary I'm going to be there screaming my freaking lungs out for our team!
I don't think that we have little to no chance in this game, because our defense/their offense was the difference in the game last season and our defense has improved considerably and their offense will experience a dropoff.
Booty and Sanchez weren't the starters for a reason, Leinart (sp?) was better and the same goes with their tailbacks, they were backups for a reason.
Nutt's offense was like reading an open book to opposing defensive coordinators.
I think Carroll will have more trouble guessing what we're going to do with Gus calling the plays.
I'm looking forward to the rematch with USC and fully expect to win the game.
Others who are saying that we don't stand a chance are F.O.S. and I question where their TRUE loyalties lie!
Some people hate Nutt sooooooooo bad that they would rather see a Trojan blowout of the Hogs if it meant that HDN would be in hotter water than he's already in.
Me, I pull for the players even though I have little to NO use for our HC.
Our team will win "in spite of" as opposed to "because of" Houston Dale Nutt, because most return from last years team and they KNOW they're better than they showed last season in California.
Stay at the tailgate party my @$$!

A word of advice, ignore everything HoginMemphis says.  He just likes to hear himself type

spaHOGfan

This USC game is not going to be the game that defines our team.... it will be the vandy game

AZHog

MrSpook1352

Quote from: spaHOGfan on June 02, 2006, 03:08:48 pm
This USC game is not going to be the game that defines our team.... it will be the vandy game

I think this is a great statement.  The Vandy game is definitely a game where we need to make a statement.  If we can't beat them and be convincing, all the pre-season optimism in the world won't matter.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on June 02, 2006, 03:17:21 pm

I think this is a great statement.  The Vandy game is definitely a game where we need to make a statement.  If we can't beat them and be convincing, all the pre-season optimism in the world won't matter.

Hey Spook.... Can you imagine the hype and pressure of this game on NUTT..... Man, you know the fingernail portions will be flying........ He'll be biting on them like corn on the cob...!

Swynler Durden

Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 02, 2006, 03:20:14 pm
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on June 02, 2006, 03:17:21 pm

Hey Spook.... Can you imagine the hype and pressure of this game on NUTT..... Man, you know the fingernail portions will be flying........ He'll be biting on them like corn on the cob...!

I chewed those nubs, brotha'    :)

MrSpook1352

No doubt about it.  I think everybody will feel pressure of this game.  I hate to say it, but Vandy this year is like SMU was for a while - everybody wants to know if we can beat them, not by how much.  Hopefully though it won't be a repeat of that episode.  I gotta believe we'll be prepared and we won't let Vandy beat us again. By the way thanks for the +1.  I sent one back at you, but looks like both of us get our share of -1's.  I appreciate your posts.  ;)

spaHOGfan

Swynler Durden

Quote from: spaHOGfan on June 02, 2006, 03:32:43 pm
Scenario: we beat USC in a close game and then loose to vandy

Does.................not...............compute.....................

MrSpook1352

That's actually the nightmare scenario.  In that case we wouldn't get anywhere near enough credit for beating USC, and the beating we'd take for losing to Vandy a second time would kill us.  But I don't think it will happen.  Too many people are too upset about the Vandy game last year.  I think we lose to USC, but keep it respectable, and then beat Vandy.

ICEman

I think that the Trojans will come into NWA with an air of elitism.  This overconfidence of having to come to a "backwoods" place to play football will result in their demise ... they will get the "kit shicked" out of 'em.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: brooks74 on June 02, 2006, 03:03:56 pm
It'll be a good day to tailgate in Fayetteville...if it is not too warm. My suggestion would be to stay at your tailgate and listen to the game on the radio. You will be back at your tailgate by halftime any way so might as well skip the first half and stay at your tailgate - this game will be very ugly for the Hogs.

I can't believe that some of you are already admitting defeat to the Trojans!
I'm NOT going to stay at the tailgate party during the ballgame, just because we're playing the bunch of cheaters from the west coast and I expect to lose.
Hell, to the contrary I'm going to be there screaming my freaking lungs out for our team!
I don't think that we have little to no chance in this game, because our defense/their offense was the difference in the game last season and our defense has improved considerably and their offense will experience a dropoff.
Booty and Sanchez weren't the starters for a reason, Leinart (sp?) was better and the same goes with their tailbacks, they were backups for a reason.
Nutt's offense was like reading an open book to opposing defensive coordinators.
I think Carroll will have more trouble guessing what we're going to do with Gus calling the plays.
I'm looking forward to the rematch with USC and fully expect to win the game.
Others who are saying that we don't stand a chance are F.O.S. and I question where their TRUE loyalties lie!
Some people hate Nutt sooooooooo bad that they would rather see a Trojan blowout of the Hogs if it meant that HDN would be in hotter water than he's already in.
Me, I pull for the players even though I have little to NO use for our HC.
Our team will win "in spite of" as opposed to "because of" Houston Dale Nutt, because most return from last years team and they KNOW they're better than they showed last season in California.
Stay at the tailgate party my @$$!

A word of advice, ignore everything HoginMemphis says.  He just likes to hear himself type

I predicted an embarrassing blowout in last year's USC game and was even more right than I wished I had been. So you are saying that my predictions are not based on reality and I am to be ignored if my prediction goes against the feelings of a Hog fan who is overly optimistic? About par for you.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

spaHOGfan

Quote from: loanHog on June 02, 2006, 03:35:28 pm

What does compute with this team.  We have had a good team in terms of talent but still lost way to many games we should not have lost.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on June 02, 2006, 03:37:02 pm

That's actually the nightmare scenario.  In that case we wouldn't get anywhere near enough credit for beating USC, and the beating we'd take for losing to Vandy a second time would kill us.  But I don't think it will happen.  Too many people are too upset about the Vandy game last year.  I think we lose to USC, but keep it respectable, and then beat Vandy.

Yep.... but Spook, they'll be some on this board that will be giddy has 3 year olds and wont' care about any other game -- if we beat USC...and go 3-9....They'll say NUTT did something right- we beat Southern Cal...... The same as the beat Texas mindset....If we beat Texas, the other games don't matter..... That's true for some on here.....sad...

Swynler Durden

Quote from: spaHOGfan on June 02, 2006, 03:53:22 pm
Quote from: loanHog on June 02, 2006, 03:35:28 pm

What does compute with this team.  We have had a good team in terms of talent but still lost way to many games we should not have lost.

That is a reflection of the coaches. When a team loses to inferior team it is a direct reflection on the coaching staff. No way around it.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 02, 2006, 03:55:03 pm

Yep.... but Spook, they'll be some on this board that will be giddy has 3 year olds and wont' care about any other game -- if we beat USC...and go 3-9....They'll say NUTT did something right- we beat Southern Cal...... The same as the beat Texas mindset....If we beat Texas, the other games don't matter..... That's true for some on here.....sad...

Way too true. +1

HogFanJW

Why do so many people here appologize for being optomistic???  Is the Dark-Side Mafia really scary to ya'll.  How scary can a group that prides themselves on negativity and grammatical error correction really be??  I for one think that it will be a competitive game.  I think the Hogs will be a much better team this year and the Trojans will be worse.  How much worse?  We'll just have to see.  You don't lose 14 NFL calibur players including the most hyped and possibly talented College player in 25 years if ever and not have a dropoff.   
     I'm not going to make any predictions until late Aug, but I dont think its going to be another route.  I just hope IF we do win we run the score up as much as possible just like ol Petey did to us.  You people saying the Hogs have no chance and calling all the optimism ridiculous are too full of yourselves to sit back and actually think rationally.  There are a lot of things to be excited about this season and there nothing wrong with being excited.  And for God's sake stop talking about the alleged butting of heads among the coaches like its fact.  There has been nothing to prove that any of that is going on.  Its a rumor!!!  But I bet most of you would love it to true. 
    Oh, and PS  thanks for letting me back on the site..I wont let you down.

SupaCrawf

Quote from: HogFanJW on June 02, 2006, 04:29:23 pm
     Why do so many people here appologize for being optomistic???  Is the Dark-Side Mafia really scary to ya'll.  How scary can a group that prides themselves on negativity and grammatical error correction really be??  I for one think that it will be a competitive game.  I think the Hogs will be a much better team this year and the Trojans will be worse.  How much worse?  We'll just have to see.  You don't lose 14 NFL calibur players including the most hyped and possibly talented College player in 25 years if ever and not have a dropoff.  
     I'm not going to make any predictions until late Aug, but I dont think its going to be another route.  I just hope IF we do win we run the score up as much as possible just like ol Petey did to us.  You people saying the Hogs have no chance and calling all the optimism ridiculous are too full of yourselves to sit back and actually think rationally.  There are a lot of things to be excited about this season and there nothing wrong with being excited.  And for God's sake stop talking about the alleged butting of heads among the coaches like its fact.  There has been nothing to prove that any of that is going on.  Its a rumor!!!  But I bet most of you would love it to true. 
I agree with some of your points, but none of your personal attacks.
I'm kind of a big deal.

Swynler Durden

HogFanJW

Quote from: SupaCrawf on June 02, 2006, 04:30:44 pm
Quote from: SupaCrawf on June 02, 2006, 04:30:44 pm

Who did I attack personally??? I made my attacks fairly general I would think?

hogsNbeer

That's funny what you said..... Run up the score on Southern Cal...... Now that's a RIOT!!!!!!!!! 
Darksider here....and a REALIST......uhhhhh, won't happen...If it does -- Hooray!

HogFanJW

Its "REALISTS" like you that are gonna keep this team in the cellar.  Why is it sooooooo hard to believe that we can have a good season?   How many people where talking about southern cal 6 years ago?

SupaCrawf

I'm not going to make any predictions until late Aug, but I dont think its going to be another route.  I just hope IF we do win we run the score up as much as possible just like ol Petey did to us.  You people saying the Hogs have no chance and calling all the optimism ridiculous are too full of yourselves to sit back and actually think rationally.  There are a lot of things to be excited about this season and there nothing wrong with being excited.  And for God's sake stop talking about the alleged butting of heads among the coaches like its fact.  There has been nothing to prove that any of that is going on.  Its a rumor!!!  But I bet most of you would love it to true
Ok, I guess it wasn't personal, just more of a "oh hey, I'm back, you guys are all negative, uninformed, and wrong."  It's like you crammed the rebuttals to three seperate threads into on mess of unintellegent goo and spit it onto the screen.

Glad you're back, though.
I'm kind of a big deal.

WILL CLINTON

I just hope IF we do win we run the score up as much as possible just like ol Petey did to us. 

poor us, our 1st team defense couldn't keep their water boy from throwing touchdowns.  He didn't run up the score on us, if he did, the score wouldn't have been anywhere close to being as close as it was.  The fact that their 3rd and 4th string put up points on us, should cause us to take a look at our defense, not question the class of arguably the best coach in the college game today. 

You do realize that the forward pass and no huddle offense have been used before this year right?  this isn't going to be a "new razzle dazzle" offense full of schemes no one has ever seen before. 

I don't know what's dumber, testis posts, me responding to them, or me having to ask this question because I did respond to them. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SupaCrawf

Quote from: HogFanJW on June 02, 2006, 04:38:20 pm
Its "REALISTS" like you that are gonna keep this team in the cellar.  Why is it sooooooo hard to believe that we can have a good season?   How many people where talking about southern cal 6 years ago?
Hmm, Good season = running up the score on USC???  I'll take a 3 point victory, and still say it's a good win...
I'm kind of a big deal.

casken

Its "REALISTS" like you that are gonna keep this team in the cellar.  Why is it sooooooo hard to believe that we can have a good season?   How many people where talking about southern cal 6 years ago?

I imagine the impact of beliefs positive or negative here are quite minimal with regard to the success of the program. However, I really appreciate your optimistic viewpoint 'bout them hawgs!  WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Swynler Durden

Its "REALISTS" like you that are gonna keep this team in the cellar.  Why is it sooooooo hard to believe that we can have a good season?   How many people where talking about southern cal 6 years ago?
Wow, did you really just type that? How is his opinion going to have any effect on the field of play? Its "INTELLIGENT" sentences like that that are going to keep your post-to-smite ratio in the cellar.

HogFanJW

[/quote]
Ok, I guess it wasn't personal, just more of a "oh hey, I'm back, you guys are all negative, uninformed, and wrong."  It's like you crammed the rebuttals to three seperate threads into on mess of unintellegent goo and spit it onto the screen.

Glad you're back, though.
[/quote]

WHy is anything that is positive also considered unitelligent?  I noticed you didnt deny any of the things you highlighted, so how wrong could they be in your eyes?  I didn't make any personal attcks.  Personal attacks are pointed at one person hince the name personal.  I was talking to a group of people on here in general.  And since you seem to be the most upset about it I guess yo fit the bill and are taking it personally.  The only one that was making PERSONAL attacks was you telling me my post was unintelligent goo spit on a page.  But whatever man, I'm not getting further into this.

hogsNbeer

Pete Carroll has been coaching at USC for 5 years, I think..... and in those years he has fielded 2 national champions and a runner up....... Nobody talked about USC about 6 years ago..You're right...... They are now, and that's the whole argument about NUTT's coaching ability......IN 8 YEARS...... You must be happy with finishing 7th in the SEC each year on avg.....  YEP, I'm a realist, and if that has any bearing on our season-- there is something seriously wrong........

HogFanJW

Quote from: loanHog on June 02, 2006, 04:43:11 pm
Wow, did you really just type that? How is his opinion going to have any effect on the field of play? Its "INTELLIGENT" sentences like that that are going to keep your post-to-smite ratio in the cellar.

Don't think for one second I give a damn about my "post to smite" ratio.  If any of you really are concerned with that then.....nope, stopping there....no personal attacks.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: hogsNbeer on June 02, 2006, 03:55:03 pm
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on June 02, 2006, 03:37:02 pm

That's a valid point, but I think most people regardless of what they think about the current staff, want to win and win consistently.  I really think we have some opportunity to begin a streak of winning far more consistently this year.  I'm pretty sure we won't win 10 or more, but I think anything up to 9 wins is doable this year.  But there's no doubt that avoiding a thumping by USC and getting revenge on Vandy would go a long way toward accomplishing that goal and failing to do so will make the goal much harder.

SupaCrawf

Quote from: HogFanJW on June 02, 2006, 04:53:32 pm

WHy is anything that is positive also considered unitelligent?  I noticed you didnt deny any of the things you highlighted, so how wrong could they be in your eyes?  I didn't make any personal attcks.  Personal attacks are pointed at one person hince the name personal.  I was talking to a group of people on here in general.  And since you seem to be the most upset about it I guess yo fit the bill and are taking it personally.  The only one that was making PERSONAL attacks was you telling me my post was unintelligent goo spit on a page.  But whatever man, I'm not getting further into this.

You know, if you read more, you'd know that I am one of the more positive posters on this board.  I admit that I mis-typed when I said 'personal,' but they were attacks none the less.  This thread is about the USC game, not your opinions of people who think the coaches don't get along. 

So, once again, I agree with some of your points, but none of your GENERAL attacks or poorly concealed attempts to create conflict and foster animosity.

I'm kind of a big deal.

HogFanJW

Quote from: SupaCrawf on June 02, 2006, 04:59:43 pm
Quote from: HogFanJW on June 02, 2006, 04:53:32 pm

You know, if you read more, you'd know that I am one of the more positive posters on this board.  I admit that I mis-typed when I said 'personal,' but they were attacks none the less.  This thread is about the USC game, not your opinions of people who think the coaches don't get along. 

So, once again, I agree with some of your points, but none of your GENERAL attacks or poorly concealed attempts to create conflict and foster

Look let's squash it Supa.  My post was about USC.  I just think that people that have a positive outlook on the program deserve to be heard and treated the same way as all the "too cute for you" darksiders on here.  Not really trying to start crap, just trying to have an opinion.

Bigmac

This can all be summed up rather easily.

The Darkside:
"I would rather predict a blow out by USC and be wrong than predict a win and be right."

The Huggers:
"I would rather predict a win and be wrong than predict a blowout by USC and be right."

That is why I don't want to divluge a prediction. I just want to see the Hogs win. I will definitely be there and give it my all. All this philosophy is making me hungry.

pfrg999

It could be Ugly, It could be Great... Hell LSU Punk'd Miami... and many things happen that is why they play the games...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

LZH

Is this another one of those funny posts?    :puke:

I would endorse cheating if it would mean a few BCS bowls.    ;)

spaHOGfan

I can deal with a lost to USC as long we keep in respectable and do not loose to Vanderbilt and other schools alike......  if we loose to USC and win the west and go to a new years day bowl,I will be happier than I was the last couple of years. It is not that embarrassing loosing to teams like Southern Cal, Ohio state, and Oklahoma as long as you win the games that everyone predicts a win against before the season starts.

LZH

Quote from: spaHOGfan on June 02, 2006, 06:42:52 pm
I can deal with a lost to USC as long we keep in respectable and do not loose to Vanderbilt and other schools alike......  if we loose to USC and win the west and go to a new years day bowl,I will be happier than I was the last couple of years. It is not that embarrassing loosing to teams like Southern Cal, Ohio state, and Oklahoma as long as you win the games that everyone predicts a win against before the season starts.

It's not embarrassing as long as we compete!  By the way, if we lose to USC by 53 and STILL go to a BCS game, I will have tickets for all of you!  (See my email for disclaimer).  :P

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: pfrg999 on June 02, 2006, 05:19:26 pm

It could be Ugly, It could be Great... Hell LSU Punk'd Miami... and many things happen that is why they play the games...

No, that's not why they play the games. They play the games for the money and ONLY for the money. Once you understand that, you will stop worrying about wins and losses.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PigManLives

Do you have to work at being and idiot or does it just come naturally?  Just wondering.

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: hogman64 on June 02, 2006, 09:25:16 am
Quote from: werehog on June 02, 2006, 02:04:49 am
and gets to see many of the kids they recruit while in high school. Many of the key high school games are telecast every weekend. This Trojan defense will not be like the one the Hogs saw last year. Unless our OL learns to pass block in late summer practice it will be a long day for anyone who QB's the Hogs including Mitch. I know this is unpleasant to think about but the USC defense is going to flat out come after the Hogs with a speed that not even LSU or Auburn has. There offense isn't going to lose much. John David Booty will know the USC offense backwards and forwards. Mark Sanchez may start simply because he is brillant. their third string QB MacDonald was great in spring practice. They will be in great shape, they will be deep and they will hit hard. Y'all have me convinced that Mitch will be the man, if not now then very soon. That said, I don't think the USC game is an ideal place for him to debut.

Ok i was following  you there for awhile but when you say .  "the offense isnt going to lose much"...at that point I knew you needed to put the robitussin bottle away....Reggie Bush, LenDale White, Matt  Leinert.........are you kidding?  wont lose much? that shows you dont realize how lucky you were that you could put all those guys on the field at the same time and that is a sign of a program that just thinks its going to go on winning them all  forever, whether you have Leinert or "I have never started a college game" john david booty at QB...Geeezzz man  you about to reenter the real world of college football..Wont lose much?  please be sure and post here again after the game and lets see if you are saying the same thing.............I will be very surprised if USC doesnt lose at least 3 games next season.  I am not saying they will lose to Arkansas but to say you dont lose much on offense is laughable.
+1  ;)
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

spaHOGfan

Quote from: PigManLives on June 02, 2006, 10:05:58 pm
Do you have to work at being and idiot or does it just come naturally?  Just wondering.

who and what are you directing this to?

PigManLives

Quote from: spaHOGfan on June 02, 2006, 10:12:35 pm
Quote from: PigManLives on June 02, 2006, 10:05:58 pm

who and what are you directing this to?

HIM of course, who else uses every single thread as and opportunity to belittle the Hogs and display his puke orange avatar.  Oh well, I think its time for me to utilize the ignore feature.

tiber

Quote from: hogsanity on June 02, 2006, 10:26:51 am
Quote from: werehog on June 02, 2006, 02:04:49 am
and gets to see many of the kids they recruit while in high school. Many of the key high school games are telecast every weekend. This Trojan defense will not be like the one the Hogs saw last year. Unless our OL learns to pass block in late summer practice it will be a long day for anyone who QB's the Hogs including Mitch. I know this is unpleasant to think about but the USC defense is going to flat out come after the Hogs with a speed that not even LSU or Auburn has. There offense isn't going to lose much. John David Booty will know the USC offense backwards and forwards. Mark Sanchez may start simply because he is brillant. their third string QB MacDonald was great in spring practice. They will be in great shape, they will be deep and they will hit hard. Y'all have me convinced that Mitch will be the man, if not now then very soon. That said, I don't think the USC game is an ideal place for him to debut.

Since you see them so often how many of their players that do anything are from California Hs programs?

Most of them.

kratter

Quote from: AZHog on June 02, 2006, 09:20:18 am
is plenty of SHS film available, two books and several notes from presentations. So, it will be no surprise to PC. Also, as an NFL defensive coach, PC has seen lots of offenses.

I don't care if you're Vince Lombardi, Vince Dooley, or Vince McMahon, you can't prepare for EVERY single play known to mankind.  I think we are all in agreement that the SHS offense is not the EXACT offense Arkansas will run this year.  I see it as somewhere around 40% SHS, 40% HDN, and 20% new stuff.  I have no doubt that USC will be as prepared as they possibly could be.  I just think there is alot of unknown about this offense, and it plays in our favor.  Heck, I would almost guarantee that Herring won't have a real good grasp on our offense until the 1st game, and he practices against it everyday.
Aim for Greatness, you'll reach Greatness at best, Mediocrity at worst.
Aim for Mediocrity, you'll reach Mediocrity at best, Failure at worst.
-Kratter, 2004