Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AT&T Stadium to host WWE WrestleMania 32 in 2016

Started by jbcarol, January 20, 2015, 07:21:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

WWE officially announced that WrestleMania 32 would emanate from AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys, in Arlington, Texas in 2016.

QuoteSenior vice president for the Dallas Cowboys Charlotte Jones Anderson, who is the daughter of Jerry Jones, told the Dallas Morning News that the organization has had WrestleMania in mind for years now.

"When we set out to build this stadium, we were looking at all the really big events, marquee events," she told the Dallas Morning News. "This was one of them. When you look at an event this size, and when it has an incredible impact ... it was certainly one we wanted to do our best to secure."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Boll Hawg

Drill Weekend/School Night.  Unfortunately, I won't get to go.

Seriously though, why are ALL there PPV's on school nights?   

Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

zane

RIP LSUfan

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Boll Hawg

The past year or so the WWE has really gone downhill.  My my son and I used to love to watch it both in person and on tv.  Not so much anymore.  Cancelled my WWE Network subscription and won't be attending any more events. 

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Boll Hawg

The Royal Rumble was last night and I couldn't have been less interested.  I used to enjoy WWE so much.  It's sad to see where it's at now.   

The_Iceman

The Card is looking like:

HHH vs. Reigns

Lesnar vs. Ambrose

Not much is clear after that.

Dr. Starcs

Doug

Shano Mac vs 'Taker? That's *almost* worth it, for me, to pick up the network for a month.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Boll Hawg

The_Iceman

Quote from: Doug on February 22, 2016, 10:52:18 pm
Shano Mac vs 'Taker? That's *almost* worth it, for me, to pick up the network for a month.

That was fun to see him come out. I just don't see this match happening though. Here is what they should do:

Have the Undertaker announce that this will be his last match. Have him bring out a contract that says he will face "Vince's son" at Wrestlemania. Vince eagerly signs. At the end of Raw, HHH is attacking Reigns again when the lights go out. Undertaker appears in the ring and rakes HHH and Reigns out. Vince comes out with the contract and stands on the stage and yells what the hell are you doing? He then looks down at the contract, Undertaker looks down at HHH, Vince gets that terrified look on his face as he realizes that HHH is his "son" in law and the Undertaker just put himself into the title match in his retirement match.

On the next Raw, Shane reveals that he screwed Vince and HHH. At WM32, Undertaker wins the title. He takes it to a casket at the top of the stage, lays down, closes the lid, and lightning sets it on fire as he "rests in peace". Following WM32, we have a tournament for the title.

Jim

I still don't get how or why Shane got the pop he did last night.  Was it WWE adding some crowd noise to what seemed to be an overly enthusiastic crowd?  Not sure but Shane was visibly touched by it.  I can't quite see where they're going with him facing UT at WM32 but hopefully it'll pay off.  I'm still not investing in a ticket yet to drive all the way to Dallas to see this card.  Though the fan base may be energized by the sudden re-emergence of Shane, the bigger picture here is:

A).  The card is still very weak
B).  WWE is still doing very little to build up their midcard.

Granted, AJ Styles is trending upward pretty quickly but then again so was Kevin Owens.  I just see the whole thing imploding (again) the day after WM32 in a usual WWE fashion.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2016, 09:01:21 am
That was fun to see him come out. I just don't see this match happening though. Here is what they should do:

Have the Undertaker announce that this will be his last match. Have him bring out a contract that says he will face "Vince's son" at Wrestlemania. Vince eagerly signs. At the end of Raw, HHH is attacking Reigns again when the lights go out. Undertaker appears in the ring and rakes HHH and Reigns out. Vince comes out with the contract and stands on the stage and yells what the hell are you doing? He then looks down at the contract, Undertaker looks down at HHH, Vince gets that terrified look on his face as he realizes that HHH is his "son" in law and the Undertaker just put himself into the title match in his retirement match.

On the next Raw, Shane reveals that he screwed Vince and HHH. At WM32, Undertaker wins the title. He takes it to a casket at the top of the stage, lays down, closes the lid, and lightning sets it on fire as he "rests in peace". Following WM32, we have a tournament for the title.

That is much too good for them to actual do.

I am wondering how long Shane plans to stay around. Coming back to lose this one match does not seem worth it, at 46 yrs old and out of the business for over 6 yrs. He's 46 yrs old with 3 kids at home and plenty of money from his other ventures plus I am sure he has some WWE stock too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2016, 11:32:42 am
That is much too good for them to actual do.

I am wondering how long Shane plans to stay around. Coming back to lose this one match does not seem worth it, at 46 yrs old and out of the business for over 6 yrs. He's 46 yrs old with 3 kids at home and plenty of money from his other ventures plus I am sure he has some WWE stock too.

That's why I came up with the Undertaker idea. At 46 years old, I just can't see him doing a full Hell in a Cell match like he did 10 years ago.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2016, 02:57:38 pm
That's why I came up with the Undertaker idea. At 46 years old, I just can't see him doing a full Hell in a Cell match like he did 10 years ago.

thats my thinking too, there almost has to be a twist of some sort coming. It did make Raw worth watching, at least part of, for the 1st time in weeks.

I think Dean/Brock is going to be pretty good. Reigns/HHH, ehhh. Unless there is some twist there you know RR is going to win.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2016, 03:20:00 pm
thats my thinking too, there almost has to be a twist of some sort coming. It did make Raw worth watching, at least part of, for the 1st time in weeks.

I think Dean/Brock is going to be pretty good. Reigns/HHH, ehhh. Unless there is some twist there you know RR is going to win.

I never actually watch raw. I just read the BleacherReport article the next day and check out the youtube clips if anything sounded interesting. Makes it easy to keep up with in case something fun like last night happens.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2016, 04:33:18 pm
I never actually watch raw. I just read the BleacherReport article the next day and check out the youtube clips if anything sounded interesting. Makes it easy to keep up with in case something fun like last night happens.

We dvr it and if my kid wants to watch I'll sit with him, but last night I read what had opened the show so I told him he needed to watch. He about spit Coke everywhere when Shane's music hit.

Eddie Goodson

Shane is back for a while and we will probably even see a revision of the brand extension. I marked out for Shane when his music hit just like the crowd did.

And I am only going to say this once. If the only reason you post in threads here is to say you don't watch wrestling anymore, don't post. If you're not watching it, it is pointless to read about it. Some of us still watch.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Racinray

Sounds like Shane is going to take over and HHH and Stephanie is going to be taking some time off.

TomasPistola

I'm very interested in how they are going to make this work. No one in their right mind thinks Shane is gonna be Taker. Taker's not doing another job at Mania. There's got to be more to this at some point. I'll admit, I marked out too. Here comes the money!
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2016, 04:35:57 pm
We dvr it and if my kid wants to watch I'll sit with him, but last night I read what had opened the show so I told him he needed to watch. He about spit Coke everywhere when Shane's music hit.

"HERE COMES THE MONAAAAAAY!!!"

If only Donald Trump would enter his rally's like Shane.

Jim

I'm sure I'm reaching here but what phrase do you hear repeated here a couple times and then stated by Shane a few moments later?  Scroll to 4:40.  #ItsTrue

Doug

Quote from: JimI'm sure I'm reaching here but what phrase do you hear repeated here a couple times and then stated by Shane a few moments later?  Scroll to 4:40.  #ItsTrue
If you're referring to Kurt Angle... he can stay his ass out of WWE. He screwed them over after everything they did for him and his health issues. It's DAMN true that I don't care for that jackwagon.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Jim

Quote from: Doug on February 24, 2016, 05:34:22 pm
If you're referring to Kurt Angle... he can stay his ass out of WWE. He screwed them over after everything they did for him and his health issues. It's DAMN true that I don't care for that jackwagon.

I took a nearly decade long vacay from WWE and I guess don't know much about Angle's departure and health probs.  Still, some ppl seem to be clamoring for him to come back.

hogsanity

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 23, 2016, 07:02:34 pm
Shane is back for a while and we will probably even see a revision of the brand extension. I marked out for Shane when his music hit just like the crowd did.

And I am only going to say this once. If the only reason you post in threads here is to say you don't watch wrestling anymore, don't post. If you're not watching it, it is pointless to read about it. Some of us still watch.

Do you still think Shane is back for longer, or was last night it?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 05, 2016, 10:24:08 am
Do you still think Shane is back for longer, or was last night it?
Good question. Sure didn't look like he was back for any length of time. I knew there was no way he would win against Taker, but it certainly looked like they were preparing the brand split again. I still think that is going to happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who is heading that up.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Shane will be used again at SS.  And I won't be surprised if it's against Hunter.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on April 07, 2016, 06:10:45 pm
Shane will be used again at SS.  And I won't be surprised if it's against Hunter.
And that would be a good watch.

DeltaBoy

Heard on the News Big Crowd , security was a tad slow and overall everyone had a good time.