Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 SF Dikembe Dixson (B-Ball)

Started by -Blu, December 15, 2014, 09:18:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 04:13:53 pm
I'm not the coach I'm just telling you what he does and has done in the past, whether it's right or wrong depends on the win column which he got 27 of them last year.  I doubt Kapita and Kingsley play much at the same time, If I had to make a guess, it would be similar to how we used Kingsley and Portis, except Kingsley isn't going to demand as many minutes.

The 4/5 rotation next year if we had Dixson will probably look like this...

5- Kingsley/Kapita/Thompson
4- Williams/Miles/Dixson

And unless we get Outlaw or a similar guy, we'll be looking at more of a 3 guard lineup, rather than a SF like Qualls was for us.

I'm aware of Mike's m.o.  There will be times next season when we will need someone who can defend big guards/wings/SF's for at least stretches in games.  This is why I said there is an opportunity for a player like Dixson to get immediate playing time.  You said you weren't sure if he would play immediately.  The opportunity for it should be there.  Doesn't mean it is going to be regular minutes or extended minutes. 

Spare me the 27 win nonsense.  I don't need some weird, unnecessary defenses of Anderson.  Keep it on Dixson.  I'm good with signing him.  I just disagreed a little with your opinion of immediate playing time and looking at him defending 4's and 5's when the need is the other direction. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 04:18:08 pm
I admit when I first heard about us on Dixson, I wasn't that excited about him.  But, more I've seen and read on him, I think he'd be a nice get.  I still don't think he makes the rotation next year, unless he beats out Miles, which may not be a stretch.  But, can't deny he has potential and could end up being a good player before it's all said and done.

I'm trying not to let myself get too excited about his potential, because he is a 3-star guy that's made it this long before getting interest, but man, it sounds like he has the tools. I think most years, you're right, he's not in the rotation. But his size, athleticism, and developing skills, plus his defensive ability.....I think he could earn good minutes this coming season due to our complete lack of options at SF spot. I mean, we really need two 3s and we have none. Even if we got Outlaw as well, I still think Dixson is in the rotation. Probably all depends on how much Keaton Miles really has in the tank. They say he was hurt most of the year. Now's his time, obviously.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 23, 2015, 03:50:06 pm
Are you guys basing that Dixson is a 4 based on some video for before his junior season? I'm not sure any of us know how good he is or what position he will be able to play. A lot can change in that time.
He's a 3. Not being looked at to play the 4. That would be what Nick King is for. We don't need a body to come in and play the 4.

The_Iceman

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 04:26:59 pm
He's a 3. Not being looked at to play the 4. That would be what Nick King is for. We don't need a body to come in and play the 4.

Exactly. I see Dixson as more of a Babb/Qualls replacement. King, at 6'7" 230lb, is more of that Mike Anderson 4. We will need him in 2016-2017, I hope we can get him.

-Blu

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 23, 2015, 04:21:02 pm
Spare me the 27 win nonsense.  I don't need some weird, unnecessary defenses of Anderson.  Keep it on Dixson.  I'm good with signing him.  I just disagreed a little with your opinion of immediate playing time and looking at him defending 4's and 5's when the need is the other direction.

How is that a weird unnecessary defense?  I'm just trying to have a conversation about what Dixson does.  I wasn't trying to defend anybody or anything... you were the one that brought up the system and said having combo guys play the 4 was going in the wrong direction.  Anderson has done that the vast majority of the time he's been here.  We had Portis, Kingsley, and Thompson last year, and he still played the combo guys (Harris and Williams) at the 4 spot.  I simply said, whether it's right or wrong depends on if it wins or not.  Last year it did, we'll see what happens next year.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 23, 2015, 04:28:43 pm
Exactly. I see Dixson as more of a Babb/Qualls replacement. King, at 6'7" 230lb, is more of that Mike Anderson 4. We will need him in 2016-2017, I hope we can get him.

If Dixson plays that 2/3 at the college level I'd be shocked.  It's a whole different ball game playing that position in High School than college.  You can go look at Keaton Miles and JaCorey high school highlights they looked like SGs handling on high school competition as well.  Dixson will be a 4 in this system, may occasionally see some time at the 3 like Williams does, but that's it, you can take that to the bank.  You guys think if he was a 6'7 guy capable of being a SG at the next level, that he would only have offers to Marshall, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Miss State?  Come on now.

azhog10

Dixson, Outlaw, and King would be a HUGE way to finish the season. Do they meet the level of Qualls and Portis? No, but if you think that was ever going to happen I would hate to have to live up to whatever dream world you live in. Signing Whitt, Kapita, Dixson, Outlaw, and King is a very very good class for a program that went to it's first NCAAT in 7 or 8 years.

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 04:33:22 pm
If Dixson plays that 2/3 at the college level I'd be shocked.  It's a whole different ball game playing that position in High School than college.  You can go look at Keaton Miles and JaCorey high school highlights they looked like SGs handling on high school competition as well.  Dixson will be a 4 in this system, may occasionally see some time at the 3 like Williams does, but that's it, you can take that to the bank.  You guys think if he was a 6'7 guy capable of being a SG at the next level, that he would only have offers to Marshall, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Miss State?  Come on now.
There's no way you watch Qualls High School film and say he would have ever played the 2/3. Although I'm not sure Qualls ever really played the "2" although we have more wings than we do "2's". But Dixson is very much like Qualls when you watch their high school film, IMO. Qualls is a little more athletic, Dixson has slightly better handles. Both are shaky shooters this early in their careers.

Babb is slightly different bc he could actually play the 1. But Dixson is long like Babb and can guard multiple positions like Qualls and Babb could.

Oh, and Qualls didn't have just an ubelievable offer list either. C'mon now.

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 04:33:22 pm

His skills are also similar to Qualls coming out of high school as well, who play exclusively the 3 for us, but not really any 2. Sometimes played the 4 in a small lineup, but sparingly. I'd be surprised if they tried to grow him into a 4.

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 04:38:34 pm
There's no way you watch Qualls High School film and say he would have ever played the 2/3. Although I'm not sure Qualls ever really played the "2" although we have more wings than we do "2's". But Dixson is very much like Qualls when you watch their high school film, IMO. Qualls is a little more athletic, Dixson has slightly better handles. Both are shaky shooters this early in their careers.

Babb is slightly different bc he could actually play the 1. But Dixson is long like Babb and can guard multiple positions like Qualls and Babb could.

I agree. Qualls came in with Shawn Marion comparisons and is leaving with Vince Carter comparisons.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 04:29:09 pm
How is that a weird unnecessary defense?  I'm just trying to have a conversation about what Dixson does.  I wasn't trying to defend anybody or anything... you were the one that brought up the system and said having combo guys play the 4 was going in the wrong direction.  Anderson has done that the vast majority of the time he's been here.  We had Portis, Kingsley, and Thompson last year, and he still played the combo guys (Harris and Williams) at the 4 spot.  I simply said, whether it's right or wrong depends on if it wins or not.  Last year it did, we'll see what happens next year.

Blu - I was saying nothing about the system.  I was addressing the personnel we have right now and I'm agreeing more with Hawg Red and Az about the more immediate need and where he could fit.  If Coach A wants Jacorey or Miles to guard 4's then have at it.  We will need at least someone who can help with wings/SF's.  And I see an opportunity for immediate playing time there in some games next season. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 23, 2015, 04:41:58 pm
I agree. Qualls came in with Shawn Marion comparisons and is leaving with Vince Carter comparisons.
Exactly. Qualls will still have to get better with his handles at the next level that is probably one of his biggest weaknesses headed into the draft workouts. But Dixson shows a lot of similiarties and in videos I have seen, he's been able to put the ball on the deck a lot better than what Qualls could do at that point in time. Dixson will have to put some strength and weight on, but I think he could very well see time as a freshman. He won't be asked to score a lot, but he really reminds me a lot like the kids at Tennessee who seemed to really give us fits this year. That long bouncy type.

-Blu

you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Dixson is going to play the 2 or 3 for CMA.  When has CMA ever played a guy like that at the 2 or 3 spot?  Heck his nephew, Demarre Carroll, an NBA player has played the 2 spot in the NBA, currently plays the 3 for ATL, and CMA played him at the 4 spot.  Coty Clarke had ball handling, shooting, and could guard smaller guards, CMA played him at the 4 spot.  Harris played the 3 spot at Houston, and played the 4 spot for us.  If your a 6'7 combo type guy CMA is playing them at that 4 spot, and he may occasionally put them at the 3 spot if we go big, but no way they play the majority of the time at the 2 or 3, that's not my opinion, that's going off of CMA's history.

I don't know what you guys seen from that 2 minute highlight of Dixson that would suggest otherwise.  If you want to see a 6'7 guy that could potentially play for the hogs that would play the 2/3 spot for us go watch some Terrance Ferguson mixtapes, Dixson is a 4 in this system, you can book that.

The_Iceman

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 04:50:44 pm
Exactly. Qualls will still have to get better with his handles at the next level that is probably one of his biggest weaknesses headed into the draft workouts. But Dixson shows a lot of similiarties and in videos I have seen, he's been able to put the ball on the deck a lot better than what Qualls could do at that point in time. Dixson will have to put some strength and weight on, but I think he could very well see time as a freshman. He won't be asked to score a lot, but he really reminds me a lot like the kids at Tennessee who seemed to really give us fits this year. That long bouncy type.

Being able to jump/finish off of one foot will help Dixson be quicker off the bounce than Qualls.

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 04:52:26 pm
you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Dixson is going to play the 2 or 3 for CMA.  When has CMA ever played a guy like that at the 2 or 3 spot?  Heck his nephew, Demarre Carroll, an NBA player has played the 2 spot in the NBA, currently plays the 3 for ATL, and CMA played him at the 4 spot.  Coty Clarke had ball handling, shooting, and could guard smaller guards, CMA played him at the 4 spot.  Harris played the 3 spot at Houston, and played the 4 spot for us.  If your a 6'7 combo type guy CMA is playing them at that 4 spot, and he may occasionally put them at the 3 spot if we go big, but no way they play the majority of the time at the 2 or 3, that's not my opinion, that's going off of CMA's history.

I don't know what you guys seen from that 2 minute highlight of Dixson that would suggest otherwise.  If you want to see a 6'7 guy that could potentially play for the hogs that would play the 2/3 spot for us go watch some Terrance Ferguson mixtapes, Dixson is a 4 in this system, you can book that.

I don't think he will play the "2/3" spot. I think he will play the 3 spot exclusively, just like Qualls.

Hawg Red

you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Dixson is going to play the 2 or 3 for CMA.  When has CMA ever played a guy like that at the 2 or 3 spot?  Heck his nephew, Demarre Carroll, an NBA player has played the 2 spot in the NBA, currently plays the 3 for ATL, and CMA played him at the 4 spot.  Coty Clarke had ball handling, shooting, and could guard smaller guards, CMA played him at the 4 spot.  Harris played the 3 spot at Houston, and played the 4 spot for us.  If your a 6'7 combo type guy CMA is playing them at that 4 spot, and he may occasionally put them at the 3 spot.

Dixson could play 3 positions for the Hogs -- PF, SF and SG. I think he'll mostly play at the 3. Most of the big frontcourt spots this coming season will go to Kingsley, Thompson, Kapita, Williams, and Miles. Dixson, Miles, and probably a JUCO signee will get all the 3 spot minutes. The big question then will be how much 3-guard lineup we'll see? We don't have much size in the backcourt. Bell, Watkins, Whitt and Hannahs are in the 6'2-6'3 range. Durham and Beard are munchkins. Whitt has a crazy wingspan and Watkins is bulky and physical, so that opens up some 3-guard doors.

azhog10

He will play the 3. Never thought in my wildest dream he would play the two. If you think Dixson and Qualls have zero similarities then you are blind. Dixson is very much like Qualls except he's 2 inches taller. Ferguson is more of a 2. Dixson is a 3, there is a difference between the two. Although if you want to really argue in the motion offense 1-4 really play the same position.

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 05:00:23 pm
He will play the 3. Never thought in my wildest dream he would play the two. If you think Dixson and Qualls have zero similarities then you are blind. Dixson is very much like Qualls except he's 2 inches taller. Ferguson is more of a 2. Dixson is a 3, there is a difference between the two. Although if you want to really argue in the motion offense 1-4 really play the same position.

Alright... I'll save this thread, when you guys see him backing up King at the 4 spot in 2016/2017, I'll simply post a smiley face.

And to address the Qualls comparison only thing they have in common is both being athletic.  Qualls 6'5 coming out of HS and a top 150 recruit and freakish athleticism, and he could actually shoot the ball well.  Dixson is 6'7 not rated by most services, and rated as a top 250ish guy by the services that do rate him.  One of the services (ESPN) that evaluated him, has him as a PF.  Yes, he's athlete and showed he could handle the ball in that 2 minute clip, but I can show you a 4 minute clip of Jacorey Williams doing the same thing.

JaCorey Williams Highlight tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rySb49DFOpY

Dikembe Dixson Highlight tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgCJnaEExtc

Looks similar?  Also, noticed on Williams highlight tape he's referred to as a G/F.... what position does he play for the Hogs?

Pig in the Pokey

1st time i saw a qualls video i knew he was a beast and a future star. Some of us can evalute talent.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

azhog10

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 23, 2015, 05:25:43 pm
1st time i saw a qualls video i knew he was a beast and a future star. Some of us can evalute talent.
I thoguht Qualls had talent. He just wasn't a 2. He was a 3, just like I see Dixson who is freakishly athletic, as is Dixson, with a shot that wasn't good/great, but he had decent form and with a little coaching, and being able to get in a gym and put up countless shots he could truly turn into something. But Qualls wasn't a 4 and neither is Dixson.

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 05:09:51 pm
Alright... I'll save this thread, when you guys see him backing up King at the 4 spot in 2016/2017, I'll simply post a smiley face.

And to address the Qualls comparison only thing they have in common is both being athletic.  Qualls 6'5 coming out of HS and a top 150 recruit and freakish athleticism, and he could actually shoot the ball well.  Dixson is 6'7 not rated by most services, and rated as a top 250ish guy by the services that do rate him.  One of the services (ESPN) that evaluated him, has him as a PF.  Yes, he's athlete and showed he could handle the ball in that 2 minute clip, but I can show you a 4 minute clip of Jacorey Williams doing the same thing.

Looks similar?  Also, noticed on Williams highlight tape he's referred to as a G/F.... what position does he play for the Hogs?
Dixson and Williams shot and handles are nothing alike. Both are long but thats about it.

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 05:28:57 pm
Dixson and Williams shot and handles are nothing alike. Both are long but thats about it.

So let me get this straight Qualls shot and handles are more similar?  LOL. 

And I guess your going to ignore that Williams and Dixson are the same height and build, very similar athleticism, and they both did the exact same thing on their highlight tapes, except JaCorey was apparently a better shooter at that point, because he actually had mid range and 3 point attempts shown in his highlights.  Chances are if they aren't shown in your highlight tape you aren't doing too much of it.

And I get it that you guys think we need a 3, so your trying to convince yourselves that guy is Dixson since he looks like he'll probably be the next commit, but he's not a 3 in this system, so much evidence against it.  I guarantee you not a single national analyst would compare Qualls and Dixson as having similar games. 

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 05:54:20 pm
So let me get this straight Qualls shot and handles are more similar?  LOL. 

And I guess your going to ignore that Williams and Dixson are the same height and build, very similar athleticism, and they both did the exact same thing on their highlight tapes, except JaCorey was apparently a better shooter at that point, because he actually had mid range and 3 point attempts shown in his highlights.  Chances are if they aren't shown in your highlight tape you aren't doing too much of it.

And I get it that you guys think we need a 3, so your trying to convince yourselves that guy is Dixson since he looks like he'll probably be the next commit, but he's not a 3 in this system, so much evidence against it.  I guarantee you not a single national analyst would compare Qualls and Dixson as having similar games.
I actually stated that Dixson showed better handles and ability to put the ball on the floor and create. So shot yes, handles no. I get it, you think he's a 4. I'm just telling you, whether it's a correct evaluation or not, he's being looked at to come in and play the 3. He isn't needed, nor wanted to come in and play the 4. If you don't like it, that's fine. But if he isn't able to play the three, I don't see him playing much at all at Arkansas.

Let me also say, that when I say he plays or is similar to Qualls I am speaking from a positional standpoint. Dixson is like Qualls in the fact that they will play the same position. Both have similarities as far as athleticism and wing span, the rest of that is uknown. Qualls was a big uknown when he came in as will Dixson be. But he is not being offered to play the 4.

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 06:01:23 pm
I actually stated that Dixson showed better handles and ability to put the ball on the floor and create. So shot yes, handles no. I get it, you think he's a 4. I'm just telling you, whether it's a correct evaluation or not, he's being looked at to come in and play the 3. He isn't needed, nor wanted to come in and play the 4. If you don't like it, that's fine. But if he isn't able to play the three, I don't see him playing much at all at Arkansas.

Let me also say, that when I say he plays or is similar to Qualls I am speaking from a positional standpoint. Dixson is like Qualls in the fact that they will play the same position. Both have similarities as far as athleticism and wing span, the rest of that is uknown. Qualls was a big uknown when he came in as will Dixson be. But he is not being offered to play the 4.

So, your telling me the staff told you he was coming in to strictly play the 3 spot, and ESPN, the only service that evaluated him out of the 3 major services mis-evaluated his position.  And Dixson is going to be the first 6'7 combo forward CMA decides to strictly play at the 3 spot. 

Cool.  8)

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 06:11:32 pm
So, your telling me the staff told you he was coming in to strictly play the 3 spot, and ESPN, the only service that evaluated him out of the 3 major services mis-evaluated his position.  And Dixson is going to be the first 6'7 combo forward CMA decides to strictly play at the 3 spot. 

Cool.  8)
The staff, which all you have to do is a simple search, has not been looking for players that play the 4. So you are telling me, based off of what we lost, what we have coming in and what's on the roster that instead of filling a position of need, we are going to offer a guy one of the few scholarships we have to come in and play a position that we are rather full at? Yeah that makes sense.

Hmm.....
http://247sports.com/Player/Dikembe-Dixson-37398
Weird that they list him as a SF. Also shows a South Carolina offer and Miss St. offer.

And another that lists him as a SF but has yet to "rank" him.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/basketball/recruiting/player-Dikembe-Dixson-155772

Adding insult to injury, the espn profile for Dixson shows zero offers, which we know not to be true.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203514/dikembe-dixson

klp1

He is definitely a 3 in my view.  Why sign a 6'6/ 6'7 190 lb guy to play 4 with this roster?  There are no 3's on the squad with Qualls gone.   I'd sign Dixson and a JUCO SF or you will have Manny at 6'3 as your SF

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 06:16:49 pm
The staff, which all you have to do is a simple search, has not been looking for players that play the 4. So you are telling me, based off of what we lost, what we have coming in and what's on the roster that instead of filling a position of need, we are going to offer a guy one of the few scholarships we have to come in and play a position that we are rather full at? Yeah that makes sense.

Hmm.....
http://247sports.com/Player/Dikembe-Dixson-37398
Weird that they list him as a SF. Also shows a South Carolina offer and Miss St. offer.

ESPN has him listed as a PF. 

And even if 247 does have him listed as a SF that doesn't mean he's a SF or 3 in our system.  JaCorey Williams was listed as a SF, Coty Clarke was listed as a SF, Alandise Harris was rated as a SF, Keaton Miles was listed as a SF, Demarre Carroll was listed as a SF.  Yet, under CMA all these guys primarily played the 4 spot.  CMA usually goes 3 guards and 2 forwards. 

What I'm trying to figure out is what leads you to believe that Dixson, after watching a 1:54 second clip, and is rated lower than all these guys I mentioned, would somehow be the exception.  You mean to tell me he's a better ball handler and shooter than all the guys I mentioned above? And only example you can think of is Qualls, and it's not a good example because he was 6'5 coming out of high school, Dixson is 6'7 right now, and I'm sure like most he'll grow an inch or 2, there's a big difference from 6'5 to 6'7.

z1on

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 05:09:51 pm

Dixson has much, much better ball handling skills and can drive to the basket/make moves under the basket for an easy  layup, also more athletic and his shot looks a bit better. To be honest, they don't look similar at all.

-Blu

Quote from: z1on on April 23, 2015, 06:32:18 pm
Dixson has much, much better ball handling skills and can drive to the basket/make moves under the basket for an easy  layup, also more athletic and his shot looks a bit better. To be honest, they don't look similar at all.

What are you basing this off of?  The highlight tape that lasted 1:54 seconds?  He had 2 or 3 nice drives, and all of the sudden he's a much better ball handler than all these other guys that were significantly rated higher than him?  You guys do know how highlight tapes work, they show all your "highlights".  If the most they could come up with is 1:54 seconds, that mean you were having too many highlights. 

And I'm not trying to knock Dixson, I like what I've read and heard about him, sounds like he's a CMA type of player, hope we sign him. But, you guys are being unrealistic in your expectations of him.  If his handles and shooting and athleticism was all that great, he would be rated by more than 2 services.  Qualls was a top 150 recruit, rated by every service, there's no comparison, for those trying to say he's a Qualls type guy.

HawgAdvocate

Dixson could, but likely wouldn't play PF for most high major programs. A kid that tall should/could play PF (or of the point-forward variety) for most high school and AAU squads though.

But we may not have much depth on the interior next season. It certainly won't be a good thing if we've got Dixson at the 4 for extended stretches.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Danny J

He would be a 4 in our system.....almost exclusively. I could see times where he might move to the 3 depending on sub patterns but that depends on who else we sign. Just my $.02

HotlantaHog

Quote from: thehill1414 on April 20, 2015, 10:37:46 am
Wow, he seems really grateful to have received scholarship offers from 4 schools (sarcasm).  Not sure I want anything to do with this guy.

King, Frazier, and a JW3 would be my wish list!
I would  not read too much into a single tweet, unless there is other evidence that confirms your impression.

Twitter is a means of communication that by its nature tends to be a little abrasive, because it is so short. There is no space to clarify or explain how you think. Nice or smart people can come across as mean or stupid, at least in as single tweet.

MGB1229

Would be nice to see a video that wasn't from 2013.  I would be willing to bet maybe he has improved a little since then as well. 

Swinesong1

If signed, it might give Hogs the inside track on his cousin.

MGB1229

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 06:28:58 pm
ESPN has him listed as a PF. 

And even if 247 does have him listed as a SF that doesn't mean he's a SF or 3 in our system.  JaCorey Williams was listed as a SF, Coty Clarke was listed as a SF, Alandise Harris was rated as a SF, Keaton Miles was listed as a SF, Demarre Carroll was listed as a SF.  Yet, under CMA all these guys primarily played the 4 spot.  CMA usually goes 3 guards and 2 forwards. 

What I'm trying to figure out is what leads you to believe that Dixson, after watching a 1:54 second clip, and is rated lower than all these guys I mentioned, would somehow be the exception.  You mean to tell me he's a better ball handler and shooter than all the guys I mentioned above? And only example you can think of is Qualls, and it's not a good example because he was 6'5 coming out of high school, Dixson is 6'7 right now, and I'm sure like most he'll grow an inch or 2, there's a big difference from 6'5 to 6'7.
Lol
Well 247 DOES list him as a small forward and I've read your breakdown of Dixson for many posts now, but your comment about no recruiting agency listing him as a SF and only a PF isn't true. I'm telling you our need isn't a 4. So I don't believe we would waste a scholly on a position that we don't need. It's pretty straight forward.

Hogimus Prime

This why I wish the Hogs would've stayed after LeGerald Vick, even though there were only 2 openings there is always a player moving on and the kid is a 6'7" 2/3 thats perfect for MA's system

Hawg Red

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 23, 2015, 07:49:22 pm
Didn't Vick reclassify to 2016?

Yeah, but committed to SMU in nearly the same breath.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 07:40:38 pm
Lol
Well 247 DOES list him as a small forward and I've read your breakdown of Dixson for many posts now, but your comment about no recruiting agency listing him as a SF and only a PF isn't true. I'm telling you our need isn't a 4. So I don't believe we would waste a scholly on a position that we don't need. It's pretty straight forward.

I said of the 3 major recruiting services (Rivals, Scout, and ESPN) he was only ranked on 1, and he was rated as a PF.  But, regardless, your trying to focus on stuff that's irrelevant, they could say he's a PG and wouldn't matter. That is irrelevant to what CMA does.

And I noticed you always ignore my question....  What makes Dixson different than Williams, Clarke, Harris, and Miles?  We can even go back to Mizzou with Demarre Carroll.  All of whom are in that 6'7+ combo guys who primarily played the 4 in this system and occasionally played the 3.  All of these guys were listed as SF coming out of high school.  What is the difference in Dixson?  Why would he be considered a 3 in this system and those guys considered 4?  Is he a better ball handler and shooter than all these guys, but ranked lower at the same position?  That doesn't make sense.

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on April 23, 2015, 08:03:49 pm
I said of the 3 major recruiting services (Rivals, Scout, and ESPN) he was only ranked on 1, and he was rated as a PF.  But, regardless, your trying to focus on stuff that's irrelevant, they could say he's a PG and wouldn't matter. That is irrelevant to what CMA does.

And I noticed you always ignore my question....  What makes Dixson different than Williams, Clarke, Harris, and Miles?  We can even go back to Mizzou with Demarre Carroll.  All of whom are in that 6'7+ combo guys who primarily played the 4 in this system and occasionally played the 3.  All of these guys were listed as SF coming out of high school.  What is the difference in Dixson?  Why would he be considered a 3 in this system and those guys considered 4?  Is he a better ball handler and shooter than all these guys, but ranked lower at the same position?  That doesn't make sense.
Im not ignoring your question. Not that I'm obligated to answer at your beck and call. But I already answered how he is different than Williams. I didn't realize I had to go through all the recent Mike Anderson recruits as well. Good grief man.

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 08:46:08 pm
Im not ignoring your question. Not that I'm obligated to answer at your beck and call. But I already answered how he is different than Williams. I didn't realize I had to go through all the recent Mike Anderson recruits as well. Good grief man.

I didn't say you were obligated to do anything, I thought we were having a discussion, I just replied to you whenever you replied to me.  And don't take this the wrong way but, I wasn't even talking to you in this thread.  Your the one that first quoted me when I was talking to someone else and started the whole "what position is he debate".  Don't try to turn it around like I'm the one that started bothering you.

With that said, I think we can end the what position is he debate.  I honestly don't care what position he plays as long as he can play basketball and help us win.  He can be the PG for all I care if he can help us win.

intelligence

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 23, 2015, 05:25:43 pm
Same here. he was chucking threes passing, rebounding and throwing down monster dunks in his hs highlights.

Hogimus Prime

Dixson will be a 3.  Look at what MA is recruiting for bigs, guys in the 6'9"-6'11" range. Yeah he will still have a couple of guys in the 6'6"-6'7" range that he can play at the 4 when he wants to go small. 

cityhog

Quote from: -Blu on April 20, 2015, 03:15:56 pm
Just seen a tweet By Adam Zag that the staff is visiting Dixson on Wednesday.

Saw. I'm typically not a grammar nazi, but seen in place of saw is one that drives me nuts.

rzrbackramsfan

April 23, 2015, 11:13:10 pm #195 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:44:34 am by rzrbackramsfan
I'm just excited that the guys CMA is targeting are interested.  I can't wait to see if the program continues to grow, it did at mu

Sow Lancelot

So, are we recruiting two Dikembes or is he a dual enrollee at Delbarton and Bardstown?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on April 24, 2015, 04:45:29 am
So, are we recruiting two Dikembes or is he a dual enrollee at Delbarton and Bardstown?

Neither.

Plays for Mingo Central.

TNhawgfan

Blu's posts are spot on. Considering mike's track record, DD would most likely end up a 4
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol