Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan - back in the game - in the Big 12? (Article)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 21, 2006, 11:33:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rricha

Go Coach RICHARDSON you still live rent free in the heads of many even after you have been gone for 4 years.   Even with Heaths and Nutts losing seasons they still adore you.   NC 1994 Runnerup 1995.  What else can be said.

whatsshakinbacon

You know, when Nolan told me that I was a terd for booing Darnell Robinson (I didn't) I did some real soul searching only to learn I was full of stuff.

Bacon out...

D-macs cuz

if i'm an ad, nolan's a little long in the tooth and a little bit of too much baggage to deal with.

wrightobe

Nolan Richardson is free to apply for any coaching job vacancy that he wants.  The problem is no one would hire him.  He also believes that he is to good to apply.  That the schools should come and beg him.  He also has hinted he would like to win a NBA championship.  Now in the NBA, is a coach can win the championship, they will come calling, begging, and pay millions.  However, no NBA team has called.  We wonder why they haven't?!!!!  Not me, I am sure I know why they have not.

HawgWyld

Quote from: HogsRule on February 21, 2006, 05:27:35 pm
Are you seriously saying that Knight physically assaulting his players (and fans) is ok, but Nolan questioning the environment in which he coaches is worse?

Never said anything of the kind. Bobby Knight is a bastard, too. By the way, Nolan did a bit more than "question" the environment in which he coaches -- he implied black players weren't welcome in Fayetteville, said he was treated differently by the administration because of his skin color, ridiculed fans and told the UA they could be rid of him if they paid him to leave. How much damage do you think he did to recruiting with his outbursts in his final season here? Why on earth did he run around taking swipes at the Athletic Department whenever the opportunity presented itself?

Defend Richardson all you want, but what he said was wrong and he got what he deserved. Trying to claim, "Well, he should have a job because Bobby Knight does" just doesn't hold water. Texas A&M decided to take a chance on Knight, but that doesn't mean some other school should take a chance on Richardson.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 21, 2006, 12:06:33 pm

One Positive from this may be that  it would release the UofA of paying him all that $$$ if he signs a contract with a program.  (I think Frank would only have to fork out the difference in pay)

YES! Some sucker, er I mean program please hire him!

HogInaStrangeLand

Quote from: dubyacee on February 21, 2006, 03:35:04 pm
Quote from: hogtheball on February 21, 2006, 03:26:45 pm
Can you imagine that job interview.  "So, Nolan, it says here on your resume that you left your last job because of differences with your employer....what sorts of differences?  Also, I notice that you left the phone number of your previous employer blank - I need that number so I can call for references."
I can give them that number 1-888-KKK-HOME. 

That was a poor attempt at humor. 

razorback3072

IMO, Nolan will not take another job as long as he's getting paid by AR and here's the reason and it's not necessarily about the money.  If he takes a job he loses his money, yes, but more significantly he loses his ability to say "No one will hire me because I'm black!"  He will then be just a BBall Coach not a persecuted black ex-BBall Coach.  Agree me with or not.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

csconst

Why would any school want Nolan after what happened here????????

OUHOG

Nolan is a racist! NO school would be fool enough to bring in a coach that threatened to bring in tanks and move race relations back 50 years! He robbed from every  African American  young man he coached.....NOT A SINGLE ONE left with an education..NOT ONE!!!!!! Any school would be crazy to bring in a cancer like him. Thats just my thoughts.

tulsahog36

Quote from: OUHOG on February 22, 2006, 07:04:29 pm
Nolan is a racist! NO school would be fool enough to bring in a coach that threatened to bring in tanks and move race relations back 50 years! He robbed from every  African American  young man he coached.....NOT A SINGLE ONE left with an education..NOT ONE!!!!!! Any school would be crazy to bring in a cancer like him. Thats just my thoughts.

very well said.  he is a digusting human being.