Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC East Football Recruiting Battles heat up

Started by jbcarol, June 10, 2012, 06:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 3h3 hours ago

Northwest RB Justin Crawford will visit WVU instead of South Carolina this weekend. Looks like his offer might not be commitable anymore due to the sheer number of running backs (3) the Gamecocks have committed in 2016.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Who's in? Who's out? Predicting the Class of 2016 for UGA

QuoteThere are two other numbers to consider when it comes to projecting what this class will ultimately look like. Those are 18 and 25. The first is the number of recruits that it seems somewhat logical to project to sign with UGA at this time.

The latter number is the maximum amount of players UGA should sign this year, but don't expect that to happen. That would hinge on a lot of those top-tier targets saying yes.

Will Smart and his staff get half of those guys? No.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 38s39 seconds ago

On the blog: MU retains commitment from OL Trystan Castillo, picks one up from JUCO WR Dominic Collins- http://bit.ly/1KbLsr7 .

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison  3h3 hours ago
With Collins' pledge, MU's class of 2016 midpoint moves to the junction of Slate Gap Rd. and Long Shore Dr., 9 miles SE of Garfield, Ark.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 2h2 hours ago

Florida hosting over a dozen elite recruits for Junior Day http://sec.news/1JONain

QuoteFlorida's final push for its 2016 class takes place this weekend with 10 official visitors, but UF is also working on 2017 recruits.

The Gators will host their first Junior Day event Saturday, and 26 prospects for the next recruiting cycle are scheduled to visit Gainesville.

The 247Sports Composite rates 15 of the visitors as four-star recruits or higher, including Florida quarterback commit Jake Allen, five-star wide receiver Trevon Grimes (his teammate) and five-star athlete Dylan Moses, the nation's No. 1 overall recruit...

jbcarol

Fran Tarkenton on Georgia recruiting: 'If we win the backyard, we play for national championships'

QuoteFran Tarkenton grew up in Athens, Ga., minutes from UGA's campus. He was recruited to play for the Bulldogs and became one of the best players of all time to come out of Georgia. So when he sees UGA recruiting slipping as of late, it frustrates him.

"We got to a level but we didn't seem to be able to break through that level," Tarkenton said. "But it all starts and ends with recruiting. You've got to have great players. And you've got to recruit great players."

There were two players Tarkenton pointed to that stand out in his mind as a marker of poor recruiting — Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson. Both quarterbacks played high school ball less than two hours from Athens, but neither decided to suit up for former coach Mark Richt.

jbcarol

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 9h9 hours ago

#STRecruiting: Coach says WR Jeriko Morris will look closely at USC http://goo.gl/fb/8Kjwxy

QuoteWR Jeriko Morris (6-4 200) of Crystal Springs, MS is a Southern Miss commitment that USC became involved with after Will Muschamp took over.  Receivers coach Bryan McClendon went to work on Morris and the result was an official visit from him this weekend.  And that could lead to a commitment at some point between now and Signing Day.

Morris took his official visit to Southern Miss last weekend and that went well, but the Golden Eagles lost their coach to the NFL.

Save us Jeriko

jbcarol

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 18h18 hours ago

#STRecruiting: ATH Stephen Davis Jr. of Dutch Fork appears to be a scratch for his official visit to USC this weekend.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  3h3 hours ago
Vanderbilt lands commitment from OLB Kenny Hebert http://sec.news/1OXVuv0

QuoteTwo-star outside linebacker Kenny Hebert committed to Vanderbilt days after receiving an offer, a source told SEC Country.

Hebert, a 6-foot-2, 211-pound prospect, was previously a Tulane pledge.

The Holy Cross School (New Orleans) prospect made the commitment while taking an official visit to Nashville, Tenn., this weekend.

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 2h2 hours ago

On the blog: In-state LB Cale Garrett makes 18 commits for MU's class of 2016- http://bit.ly/1JQNa1j .

With Garrett's commitment, MU's class of 2016 midpoint moves to where Westview St. and State Highway 37 meet, just outside of Seligman, Mo.

jbcarol

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc  2h2 hours ago
#STRecruiting: Gamecocks land offensive stalwart WR Kiel Pollard http://goo.gl/fb/A2Hlxh

jbcarol

Jeremy Crabtree ‏@jeremycrabtree 8h8 hours ago

We are now officially in dead period. Remember no face-to-face contact allowed, but unlimited calls allowed after 7 am to guys sent LOIs to.

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 4h4 hours ago

So the MU class of 2016 de-commit diaspora ended up at NC State, Louisville, Indiana, Colorado, TCU, Ole Miss and Miami.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 2h2 hours ago

Ross Dellenger Retweeted Andrew Spivey

Down to #LSU, Florida for Louisiana's No. 1 prospect. 

Andrew Spivey
‏@AndrewSpiveyGC

Kristian Fulton's father discusses the #Gators official visit for Kristian, plus what two teams are best for the DB. http://ow.ly/XM3kD

Quote"We had a great time," Fulton's dad said. "Coach [Tim] Skipper and Coach [Jim McElwain] Mac was great; Coach Mac's wife was great too. We really enjoyed it and right now in my opinion its like Florida and LSU. People will take that as I'm making a decision for my son, but I think I know what is best for my son and I'm not making his decision for him."

The visit was an opportunity for Fulton and his father to sit down and talk with Coach McElwain. After speaking the family liked Mac's message to them.

"Florida was great, I like Coach Mac a lot," he said. " Coach Mac is honest and he told Kristian, myself, my wife and my other son that he couldn't promise Kristian he would come in and start because he had to work for it. I respect that and that's the same thing LSU is saying. Arkansas is promising he will come in and start."

On Sunday the prospects got to go to Coach McElwain's house for brunch and the Fulton's liked the atmosphere during that visit.

"Coach McElwain's wife was great and she was very welcoming," he said. "I know she has to be like that but she was great with us and we have a friendship and relationship with her. I'm not saying my son will go Florida or not but it's all about friendships and relationships in recruiting."

Fulton's father, who maintains that he wants Fulton to make his own decision, described what he likes/dislikes about the three schools in the mix.

"I have a lot of respect for Arkansas but I don't feel it's a great fit for him," Mr. Fulton said. "I told my son that I thought Florida and LSU would both be a better fit for him. I'm talking about fit as a defensive back. My son has a good GPA and he could've went to Notre Dame or Vanderbilt so I feel like he can do well in school wherever he goes."

jbcarol

South Carolina will no longer have Tyren Jones in its 2016 recruiting class

Jones, a three-star running back, is currently dealing with academic issues

QuoteJones was dismissed from Alabama after his redshirt freshman season. He spent the 2015 season at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas.

Jones also holds an offer from Louisville.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 6m6 minutes ago

UGA adds a surprise recruit on the day before National Signing Day http://sec.news/2078Nwa

QuoteJosh Moran, a 3-star safety from Milton High in Metro Atlanta, announced on Twitter he was committing to UGA for the Class of 2016

jbcarol

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter 9m9 minutes ago

Georgia mystery recruit commits to Mizzou: http://bit.ly/1nEIeSI  via @STLtoday

Paul Thomas
‏@PaulLeeThomas

Grayson athlete Demitrios Mason @k9_realninja will sign with #Missouri tomorrow.

QuoteMason, a three-star prospect by 247Sports.com, is unrated by Rivals.com and doesn't have a national profile on Scout.com or ESPN.com. Also, the 247Sports.com spells his first name differently. [So there's that.]

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 54m54 minutes ago

With Mason's commitment, MU's class of 2016 midpoint moves into a field off Old Bergman Rd., about 3 miles north of Harrison, Ark.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: Alabama commit flips to Missouri http://sec.news/207JgmF

QuoteBrendan Scales, a three-star tight end from Lafayette High School (Ballwin, Mo.), has flipped from Alabama to Missouri

With the loss of Scales, Alabama is down to 16 commitments heading into signing day. New Orleans tight end Irvin Smith is expected to commit to Alabama.

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 6m6 minutes ago

With Scales' commitment, MU's class of 2016 midpoint moves just outside Slagley Hollow, about a mile south of Willis, Ark.

jbcarol

Tyrique McGhee, a defensive back from Peach County High School, was announced as an official Georgia signee at 7:20 a.m.

McGhee is rated a three-star prospect, No. 56 at his position and also the No. 56 overall prospect in Georgia.

QuoteGeorgia returns almost every player in the secondary, including every starter, so playing time could be tough to find right away. But the fact Georgia has a new defensive coordinator and secondary coach, Mel Tucker, will mean a new chance for everybody.

jbcarol

jbcarol

ESPNU ‏@ESPNU 16m16 minutes ago

Most ESPN 300 commits from the state of Florida since 2006:

1 - Florida
2 - Florida State
3 - Miami
4 - Clemson

jbcarol

UGa flips 3-star WR Tyler Simmons from Bama

Quote5-foot-11, 200-pounder becomes another big-play option for UGA's receiving corps this fall. He's rated as the nation's No. 62 receiver this year.

Simmons is now the program's 18th commitment and also the fourth pure receiver signee for the Class of 2016.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 3m3 minutes ago

It's official: Kiel Pollard signs with South Carolina http://sec.news/1R1Xkxz

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 11m11 minutes ago

It's official: Solomon Kindley signs with UGA http://sec.news/1R1WAsk

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 39m39 minutes ago

Former UGA commit with 'G' tattoo signs with South Carolina http://sec.news/209cphj

QuoteIt'll be a Mays High School reunion of sorts when three-star wide receiver Randrecous Davis takes the field for South Carolina this fall. Davis committed to the Gamecocks on Wednesday morning, meaning he'll study under co-offensive coordinator/wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon  — also a Mays graduate.

Davis is [in]famous for getting a "G" tattoo on his right bicep

jbcarol

Meet Grayson High School (Loganville, Ga.) standout Dimetrios Mason. On Monday, the wide receiver was content with his verbal commitment to the University of South Alabama

Three-star wideout Dimetrios Mason finds Signing Day salvation with Missouri — after pulled Sun Belt offer

Quote"I had verbally committed to South Alabama. (Missouri) thought I was done for, already committed," said Mason. "So, (on Tuesday), South Alabama had gotten someone else, I guess. They just dropped me, left me for nowhere."

Grayson staffers — led by receivers coach/recruiting coordinator Kenyatta Watson — sprung into action on Tuesday, stealthily attempting to find Mason a new home —

247Sports.com has Mason (6-foot, 170 pounds) among the nation's top 260 receiving recruits for 2016. He's also listed as the state of Georgia's 159th-best player —

jbcarol

Vanderbilt Football ‏@VandyFootball 20m20 minutes ago

Signed, sealed, #AnchoredDown #VUNSD

jbcarol

Feeling left out?

David Cloninger ‏@DCTheState 3h3 hours ago

Not that it's a surprise, but Randrecous Davis announces one more time that he's coming to USC.

VIDEO: 'It's a great decision' - Randrecous 'Dreke' Davis explains decision for USC http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/article58151358.html ...

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 5m5 minutes ago

Anybody in the Dallas area: you got any sort of clarity on Marvin Terry?

Mizzou is missing a NLI.

jbcarol

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 15h15 hours ago

#STRecruiting: Learned today that Auburn offered Kiel Pollard Monday and made a  strong push for him but he held with USC.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 11h11 hours ago

The story behind Tyrie Cleveland's commitment to Florida http://sec.news/20dcGjk

QuoteCleveland had walked off the stage and was in a coach's office consoling his crying aunt, Theresa Yancy. As SEC Country documented, Cleveland was born and raised in Jacksonville and grew up a Gators fan before moving to Texas to live with her.

Cleveland's aunt, who is his biggest supporter and advised him throughout the process, was strongly opposed to Houston and pushed for Arkansas. When he told her just before the ceremony that UF was his choice, she broke down.

Even after the signing, Yancy was still in disbelief over her nephew's decision.

"Florida was not my No. 1 choice. I wanted Arkansas," she told reporters. "At the end of the day, he's one who has to attend college."

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 5h5 hours ago

Assessing the SEC's first-year coaches' signing classes http://es.pn/1Xil0OM

QuoteKirby Smart, Georgia

ESPN team ranking: No. 7 (13 ESPN 300 signees)

Wins: Smart was able to keep most of Mark Richt's class together, and had six very important early enrollees; including star quarterback Jacob Eason, who could be the starter early in 2016, and No. 1 tight end Isaac Nauta. At receiver, ESPN 300 member Riley Ridley is already on campus and JUCO Javon Wims should help early. Speedy Alabama flip Tyler Simmons was nice signing day get, as was athlete Mecole Hardman, who could play corner and receiver. Smart also scored big along the defensive line with five signees, including Julian Rochester (early enrollee), David Marshall (Auburn flip) and Michail Carter...

Barry Odom, Missouri

ESPN team ranking: No. 51 (No ESPN 300 signees)

Wins: With Maty Mauk's dismissal and Eddie Printz transferring, Odom had to get a quarterback in this class. He got two in three-star Micah Wilson and JUCO transfer Jack Lowary. Odom also had to address running back and No. 2 JUCO RB Natereace Strong could play immediately. Keeping offensive lineman Trystan Castillo was huge, as was getting former Alabama tight end commitment Brendan Scales and former Alabama receiver Chris Black (graduate transfer). Defensive end Tre Williams could be a real sleeper in this class.

Will Muschamp, South Carolina

ESPN team ranking: No. 27 (4 ESPN 300 signees)

Wins: Getting ESPN 300 dual-threat QB Brandon McIlwain was a major win because he might have to play early. Muschamp loaded up along the defensive line with seven guys, including ESPN 300 members Keir Thomas and Stephon Taylor. He also landed five receivers, including ESPN 300 playmaker Bryan Edwards. Top-rated JUCO cornerback JaMarcus King and JUCO OT Akeem Cooperwod should compete for early playing time.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  3h3 hours ago
Son of Tennessee legend Tee Martin commits to Clemson http://sec.news/20xhobM

QuoteAmari Rodgers, a four-star receiver prospect for the Class of 2017 who listed Tennessee as one of his five finalists last week, committed to Clemson ...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 20m20 minutes ago

Former SEC target, top Mark Richt signee withdraws from high school after gun photo incident http://sec.news/20EI1vD

QuoteElite wide receiver recruit Sam Bruce, a one-time target of multiple SEC schools who signed to play for Miami and former UGA coach Mark Richt next season, is reportedly involved in a strange conflict that has resulted in his parents withdrawing him from St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.).

According to Susan Miller Degnan and Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald, Bruce is alleged to have used a photo of himself holding a gun "as part of an ongoing dispute with an older, former Aquinas male student." Both of Bruce's parents told the Herald that their son is not in trouble but did not elaborate much further than that. The feud dealt with Bruce's ex-girlfriend, whom family attorney Frank A. Maister says has not been personally involved in the conflict.

"I think it was a desire to do what's best for Sam at this point,'' Maister said of the parents' decision. "He wanted to remove himself from even the potential of any issues.''

A Miami spokesperson told the Herald that Bruce is currently still expected to join the program in May, although the young receiver will still need to enroll in another high school and graduate.

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC Feb 26

SEC East teams' biggest recruiting needs in 2017 class http://es.pn/24sVsU6

QuoteTennessee: Running back. Tennessee's in-state talent pool for 2017 will be one of the deepest in history. Ten players on ESPN's Junior 300 hail from the Volunteer State -- and Butch Jones' program should have a great chance to nab several of them. Of particular interest after the 2016 season will be the running back position. Alvin Kamara will be a senior this fall and Jalen Hurd will be eligible to enter the NFL draft after the season. Although Tennessee did add ESPN 300 running back Carlin Fils-Aime to the roster in the most recent class, two in-state running backs should get plenty of attention from Jones' staff over the next year: No. 98 overall prospect Ty Chandler and No. 193 Cordarrian Richardson.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 26m26 minutes ago

How does the SEC recruit state of Georgia? http://sec.news/1Ti75JY (visual representation of where the SEC talent from Georgia comes from is available via the link -- this is by school, or all schools)

QuoteIn 2015, there were nearly 4,000 former Georgia high school football players in college football.

About 50 of the more than 800 Georgia high school football players pledged on Signing Day, Feb. 3, 2016, to play in the Southeastern Conference this fall.

Steve Slay, a Georgia High School Football Historians Association researcher, has made a hobby the past several years of tracking the migration from Georgia high schools to college.

jbcarol

jbcarol

PLANTATION, Fla. — De'Andre Wilder is favoring five schools heading into the spring.

The four-star linebacker from Miami (Fla.) Carol City calls the hometown Hurricanes his leader

QuoteMiami: "Mark Richt is trying to bring back the history of Miami. He just wants to me stay home and help carry on that tradition."

Alabama: "They've got a good defensive scheme. They study other offenses really well and just outwork their opponents."

Florida: "(Linebackers coach) Randy Shannon wants me inside to be the quarterback of the defense. He's a great person and he's close with my coach, Aubrey Hill (former UF player and assistant coach)."

Auburn: "They think I would be a good fit on their team and they want (me) to come up for a visit. I'm going to check them out this summer."

LSU: "I like their defensive scheme, too. Their linebackers fly around to the ball and make plays."

He also took trips to Georgia and Tennessee last summer.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  20m20 minutes ago
LIVE: Updates from top SEC recruiting targets at Nike's The Opening camp in Atlanta http://sec.news/1RuQyvQ

Quotehe top players in the state of Georgia, along with elite prospects from bordering states, will go through tests and drills and compete with some of the best players in our nation.

Check back early and often [via link above] for updates:

jbcarol

jbcarol

New Manchester High School (Ga.) running back Brian Herrien needs to meet the NCAA's sliding scale for academic qualification to receive a scholarship from UGA

QuoteHe'll know his ACT score in mid-May and his final grades at the end of that month.

"Georgia is 100 percent where I will go to college to play ball," said Herrien of his full scholarship offer.

What if he does not make those scores?

Herrien said his transcript issues were also compounded when a school representative mistakenly input one of his grades as a "D" instead of a "B" on his grade report.

That has been fixed. He told DawgNation that he has a 2.16 grade-point average at this time. If he gets all A's this semester, then he will qualify with a 2.5 average.

Herrien said Alabama is starting to contact him as the possibility of qualifying has opened up. Alcorn State, Colorado State and Miami (Ohio) are also reaching out.

He does have a 4.45 on one metric.

The forty.

jbcarol

Pair of four-star recruits visiting Florida, including nation's No. 2 athlete

QuoteFour-star athlete Devon Hunter (Chesapeake, Va./Indian) and four-star cornerback Amir Riep (Cincinnati, Ohio/Colerain) are making out-of-state trips to check out the Gators.

Hunter is the No. 2 athlete and 39th overall prospect in the Class of 2017, while Riep ranks 132nd nationally and No. 14 at his position...

jbcarol

How solid is running back Brian Robinson's Alabama commitment after visiting SEC East school?

QuoteBrian Robinson has been committed to Alabama for several months, but the Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa running back took a visit to Georgia on March 19, the day before the Nike Football Opening Atlanta Regional.

It was the first visit that the 6-foot-1, 216-pound four-star recruit had made to another school since he committed. Georgia was one of the schools, along with Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati and South Carolina, that offered him a scholarship a week after he rushed for 447 yards against Clay-Chalkville.

"Coach Kirby Smart was still on the Alabama staff when (Alabama) offered me," Robinson said. "Georgia was already recruiting me hard. He was already down with it because he was part of the Alabama staff. He told me when he got to Georgia that he was trying to get me."

But Robinson, who lives just a few minutes away from Alabama's campus, described his commitment to Alabama as "very, very strong." He's visited the school multiple times since his commitment last fall.

He said he gets interest mail from UCLA, LSU, Florida State and Georgia, but "not many schools are really trying hard, I guess because they know I stay in Tuscaloosa."

Robinson became the third running back to choose Alabama in the 2017 class behind Antioch, Calif., five-star Najee Harris and Clinton, Miss., four-star Cam Akers, but Akers has since decommitted. The Crimson Tide could still sign a third back.

jbcarol

Kadeem Telfort is one of three Florida commits for 2017, but other schools remain in pursuit of the talented offensive tackle from Miami

QuoteTelfort, who won OL MVP at The Opening Miami Regional three weeks ago, released a top 10 Wednesday.

UF is at the top of the list, but Auburn, LSU and Mississippi State are three of the four programs below the Gators, along with the hometown Miami Hurricanes.

The 6-foot-7, 300-pounder said Alabama, Auburn and LSU are the biggest threats to Florida.

"Auburn is just coming after me hard," Telfort said. "LSU is telling me I look like one of their tackles and they can picture me being on the team."

Alabama has yet to offer Telfort, but he has built a relationship with Crimson Tide offensive line coach Mario Cristobal.

"Cristobol loves Miami players," Telfort said...

jbcarol

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 9h9 hours ago

#STRecruiting: Recruiting Notebook Updated April 1st http://goo.gl/fb/rvbrvx

Quote2018 DE Xavier Thomas of Wilson picked up an offer from Florida Thursday night.

OL Eric Douglas of Charlotte, a USC target, got his academic work done saying he has received a qualifying ACT score

Union County WR Shi Smith and Lake Marion Tank Robinson will visit Alabama Friday.

USC target DE J'Bril Glaze of Tampa added offers from Tennessee and South Alabama.

USC target OL Viktor Beach of Fort Myers, FL added an offer from Bowling Green.  He visited Central Florida Thursday.

6-2 Kyran Bowman of Havelock, NC committed to Boston College.  USC also showed interest in him.

ATH Jalen Browder of Dallas, GA was offered by USC Wednesday night.
Spartanburg Day 2018 SF Zion Williamson was offered by Georgia.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 32m32 minutes ago

Dawgs on top: UGA is No. 1 for yet another elite linebacker http://sec.news/221WrGN

QuoteKenney "K.J." Britt is an elite linebacker from Alabama. He's wanted by every program in the SEC and just released a Top 10. For the second time in less than 12 hours...

Britt visited UGA over the past week with his good friend Tadarian "T.D." Moultry and went to see Auburn. Those two have made it clear they are a package deal...

Kenney "K.J." Britt's Top 10:

UGA
    Auburn
    Florida
    Michigan
    Clemson
    Ole Miss
    South Carolina
    Mississippi State
    Tennessee
    Virginia Tech

jbcarol

Tennessee's top prospect may be headed to Georgia

QuoteJaCoby Stevens, the five-star safety out of Tennessee, placed UGA at No. 1. Why does UGA lead? Stevens has a very simple reason.

"UGA is the school where I can see myself the most."

He bonded well with UGA commit Richard LeCounte III at the time and already felt that great days were up ahead for the program.

The news regarding the five-star Stevens is a reflection of just how well the new UGA staff under Kirby Smart is recruiting right now.

He's the third elite national prospect over the last 24 hours to come out with UGA atop their leaderboard. Florida prospect Will Ignont, who's rated as the nation's No. 5 inside linebacker, had UGA out in front of his top schools on Saturday night. Alabama linebacker Kenney "K.J." Britt also put Georgia at No. 1 when he released his leaders on Sunday morning.

Stevens (Oakland High School/ Murfreesboro, Tenn.) has also been told he could play some spot offense at UGA. The 6-foot-2, 196-pounder is rated as the nation's No. 22 overall prospect for this year's signing class.

He's also very good friends and a regular training partner with new UGA offensive line commitment Max Wray (Franklin, Tenn.) in the Class of 2018.

Stevens was committed to LSU for a time and recently took a visit back to Baton Rouge last week. The Louisiana native placed the Tigers at No. 2...