Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank You Miss St.

Started by hogcards, December 01, 2023, 07:47:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

swinefasting

Quote from: rinds on December 01, 2023, 10:17:06 amI don't see it unless it's Arkansas. His inability to read defenses and accuracy was exposed this year. If he stay's Bobby will have to setup timing routes like Briles did.

If you don't see it you might want to book an appointment with your eye doctor soon🤷🏼‍♂️

King Kong

Quote from: rinds on December 01, 2023, 10:36:32 amYes he was and about 50% of those sacks could have been prevented if he would have read the defense and saw the blitz coming. He can't read a blitz not saying all of it is his fault be he was some of it.

You can't be serious. 20 sacks are on him? Then how was it less the other 2 season as starter.

I'd put 8 on KJ at max. Not including the 20 sacks he probably avoided.

The Boar War

I'm sure Kennedy is a decent OL coach and could potentially have success elsewhere.

Who knows what caused such a decline this year?  Was it technique, personnel, scheme, locker room issues or a combination of all four?  Ultimately it's his job to put a serviceable line on the field and he could not.

swinefasting

Quote from: rinds on December 01, 2023, 10:36:32 amYes he was and about 50% of those sacks could have been prevented if he would have read the defense and saw the blitz coming. He can't read a blitz not saying all of it is his fault be he was some of it.

Ironically, kj was very good against the blitz in 2021 and 2022, so he didn't suddenly forget how to read a blitz...

Most of the blitzes we faced this season were double A gap or overloads to one of the tackle sides that ended up not getting picked up. Most of these blitzes were telegraphed and everyone in the stadium, including the qb saw them coming.

VBMark

John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

1highhog

Quote from: VBMark on December 01, 2023, 08:53:47 amI think many of you are come to regret this. I still believe that the issues were largely that the offense Enos installed was not blockable against strong front fours. The switching required was at all other level, very pro-like without the amount of time to install those and practice those.

Some of that was Sam's fault because the full contact practices were limited. And, yes some of that was Kennedy's fault for not seeking a way to mesh the talent on the field with the scheme. Overall, though this is the same guy whose line opened up the holes the two previous seasons for an all-SEC rusher.

What caused the problems last year?  What?  Do some of y'all not remember our Oline having issues in the latter half of the season last year?

rinds

Quote from: swinefasting on December 01, 2023, 11:02:25 amIronically, kj was very good against the blitz in 2021 and 2022, so he didn't suddenly forget how to read a blitz...

Most of the blitzes we faced this season were double A gap or overloads to one of the tackle sides that ended up not getting picked up. Most of these blitzes were telegraphed and everyone in the stadium, including the qb saw them coming.

Briles didn't require him to read them his offense was timing and line up. We also had Treylon Burks and the oline gave him a ton of time. Bobby would probably do the same thing. That's why Robert Griffin III was good in college but sucked in the pro's and a lot of college QB are to be honest.

1highhog

Quote from: Porkchop Hill on December 01, 2023, 09:52:53 amI get the impression that KJ is holding out for the highest bidder.

I imagine KJ is hoping Arkansas will match the highest bid that he gets on the open market, if they do, they are fools.  A quarterback who has problems reading the defense and throwing the ball 3' over his intended receivers head isn't going to cut it with Petrino.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Mike_e on December 01, 2023, 10:53:50 amThe bag that holds the story about last season hasn't unraveled yet.

No, I don't know what's in the bag but I do know when somebody is holding one.
Just light it and stomp on it and see what happens.

hogbbq

Quote from: VBMark on December 01, 2023, 08:53:47 amI think many of you are come to regret this. I still believe that the issues were largely that the offense Enos installed was not blockable against strong front fours. The switching required was at all other level, very pro-like without the amount of time to install those and practice those.

Some of that was Sam's fault because the full contact practices were limited. And, yes some of that was Kennedy's fault for not seeking a way to mesh the talent on the field with the scheme. Overall, though this is the same guy whose line opened up the holes the two previous seasons for an all-SEC rusher.
What offense that you know of isn't adaptable to multiple fronts and a 4 front is one of if not the most commonly used.
No, we simply made too many errors, too many penalties, and at times seemed to be giving little effort or massively overmatched.

hogfan10

Quote from: hogsanity on December 01, 2023, 10:45:57 amKevaughn didn't transfer, he never played at Ar.

Has any football player ever played here, left for another team, and done anything to beat the Hogs when playing against them? It may have happened I just don't remember it.
W. Kentucky QB, forgot his name.

hogbbq

Quote from: swinefasting on December 01, 2023, 11:02:25 amIronically, kj was very good against the blitz in 2021 and 2022, so he didn't suddenly forget how to read a blitz...

Very Good is a stretch! Many of the issues are OL but some are QB not making good decisions, or good reads, it just is part of it.  Read the NFL report on KJ.  Another problem is when you openly say KJ is the running game.  In what world but the triple option is the QB the running game.  We were just not a good football team this year and there likely were so many more issues than we know.

jcarney12747

Bad players make bad coaches

jcarney12747

Smithian

Quote from: hogcards on December 01, 2023, 07:47:21 amKennedy is gone.

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/1730574440683934029
I am adding this to the "fans have no ability to evaluate positions coaches" file.

Our fans hated Kurt Anderson. He ended up at Northwestern, and he is still there.

Our fans hated Cody Kennedy. Jeff Lebby, as a new HC at an SEC program, could have stolen QBs from anywhere in the country. He chose Cody Kennedy.

I don't blame Cody Kennedy for wanting a fresh start after it got ugly here. But I still believe some of his issues were scheme related, and that is on Briles and Enos.

Good luck to Cody Kennedy. I look forward to seeing who Pittman and Petrino bring in.

VBMark

Quote from: hogbbq on December 01, 2023, 11:54:55 amWhat offense that you know of isn't adaptable to multiple fronts and a 4 front is one of if not the most commonly used.
No, we simply made too many errors, too many penalties, and at times seemed to be giving little effort or massively overmatched.

Sure they are. However, with young guys you got to practice the plays you intend to run against those fronts. That's a reference to Pittman saying Enos was calling plays that were not practiced in the week prior.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

King Kong

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: Smithian on December 01, 2023, 12:42:14 pmI am adding this to the "fans have no ability to evaluate positions coaches" file.

Our fans hated Kurt Anderson. He ended up at Northwestern, and he is still there.

Our fans hated Cody Kennedy. Jeff Lebby, as a new HC at an SEC program, could have stolen QBs from anywhere in the country. He chose Cody Kennedy.

I don't blame Cody Kennedy for wanting a fresh start after it got ugly here. But I still believe some of his issues were scheme related, and that is on Briles and Enos.

Good luck to Cody Kennedy. I look forward to seeing who Pittman and Petrino bring in.

First, Kurt Anderson is at Northwestern... If he's so good why is he at Northwestern still?

Second, Briles scheme hid a lot of deficiency's on the O-line the last couple of years.

Third, Lebby could not have taken an O-line coach from anywhere in the country.  Miss. St. resources for coaching hires is one of only a couple schools in the SEC worse then Arkansas.

liljo

Quote from: Hawgsnatcha on December 01, 2023, 10:24:25 amMy guess is that the big offers for his services aren't pouring in like he thought. If they were, he wouldn't be undecided.
Does anyone know if he is truly healthy? That scene of him jogging on the sidelines after going to the medical tent almost seemed staged. (PM me if you want one of these tinfoil hats--they really do improve reception and perception--only $20 if you order before Christmas).

Maybe multiple teams really ARE interested. Maybe they are just waiting for official medical examiner reports before investing a brazilian bucks in a QB that depends on his brute running game so much...After that, their people will get in touch with KJ's people.

Wonder what REALLY goes on in that tent... :hmmm:

Just kiddin' folks. Relax.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

STLhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on December 01, 2023, 10:45:57 amKevaughn didn't transfer, he never played at Ar.

Has any football player ever played here, left for another team, and done anything to beat the Hogs when playing against them? It may have happened I just don't remember it.
How could you forget Ty Story at WKU?