Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark./Conn. Game

Started by corndo, November 21, 2005, 10:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutt_Hate_Me

Scarface is on USA.  One channel down in NWA.  We need to go Tony Montana on these yankees' A$$'s
It's great to be home.

Net Hog

We aren't playing up to our talent level.

We started out flat and lazy and we have made several stupid decisions.

I hope we pull it out, but it's hard to turn it on at halftime.

sofullofwayne

Uh, ESPN said 10. I guess they were wrong?

I'm seeing 34-28 halftime now.

Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

Eric Sullivan

Good rally and shows me a lot about our character... The 2ND half of this game will tell us a ton about this team..  Asst. Coach Hipshire has to step in RIGHT NOW and whisper in Stan's ear about running a HALF COURT Offense for 25 to 30 seconds each possession.. UConn does not want a slow it down especially so early on in the season.. Townes has to touch the ball as much as Ronnie this 2nd half.. I think he can score down low on UConn, Charles Thomas has to remain physical as well.. Dontell Jefferson must step up right now to prove he is the POINT GUARD... The reason, he's all we got there right now..

Eric Sully

hogsanity

down 6 at half after trailing by 12 or 13.  Can Jefferson shoot, or do we not want to see that.  With him out there it is like we are 4 on 5 when we have the ball cause the other team knows he is no threat.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Lando Calrissian

UConn is really really good.

I don't think they're as good as last year's Illinois team though.

If I had watched that half without benefit of seeing a score and you asked me what I thought, I would've told you we were down by 20.

Still, it looks a lot like last year.  The ball isn't in Brewer's hands enough and Townes still gets looked over to easily.

If the rest of the players ever realize those two are the bread & butter (thus, making it easier for everybody else to do what they do), then we will be on to something.  That is Stan Heath's job though.

P.S. Dontell Jefferson and Eric Ferguson should never, ever, EVER be on the court at the same time.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Lanny

Quote from: Eric Sullivan on November 21, 2005, 11:42:13 pm
Good rally and shows me a lot about our character... The 2ND half of this game will tell us a ton about this team.. Asst. Coach Hipshire has to step in RIGHT NOW and whisper in Stan's ear about running a HALF COURT Offense for 25 to 30 seconds each possession.. UConn does not want a slow it down especially so early on in the season.. Townes has to touch the ball as much as Ronnie this 2nd half.. I think he can score down low on UConn, Charles Thomas has to remain physical as well.. Dontell Jefferson must step up right now to prove he is the POINT GUARD... The reason, he's all we got there right now..

Eric Sully

Rubber meets the road in the second half.  Hopefully the team doesn't quit on Stan like they did last season.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Macgyver_Hawg

I've now turned into my dad when I say that the first 5 minutes will show if we can win or not.

alwaysondbigscreen

they are teasing me arnt they? they want me to stay up till 1am cause they look like they might get it going an pull this out. is it just me or does uconn really not like being pressed
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

sofullofwayne

UConn is going to force us to find the open man and stay in this game. We need more scoring, guys need to step up. Staying in the game is one thing, taking the lead is another.

Where is that defense Arkansas used to be known for? Lets go HOGS!
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

lunchbox72703

patience, fellow hogvillians, patience.   this program is talented enough to make the NCAA Tourney...we just need a team like UCONN roght now to expose all of the kinks that need to be worked out.

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2005, 11:43:28 pm
down 6 at half after trailing by 12 or 13. Can Jefferson shoot, or do we not want to see that. With him out there it is like we are 4 on 5 when we have the ball cause the other team knows he is no threat.

I don't want Dontell to shoot unless he's wide open.. Getting Ronnie with angels in the Half Court Sets is the key... Remember he can pass the ball as well as anyone.. The kid is very unselfess..

Lanny

For goodness sake, I hope UCONN doesn't use a zone defense in the second half or it's curtains for Stan.

Al Bundy

Net Hog

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on November 21, 2005, 11:45:01 pm
patience, fellow hogvillians, patience. this program is talented enough to make the NCAA Tourney...we just need a team like UCONN roght now to expose all of the kinks that need to be worked out.

Right now, the Huskies have exposed all of the kinks we had last season.

sofullofwayne

Quote from: hSv on November 21, 2005, 11:45:39 pm
For goodness sake, I hope UCONN doesn't use a zone defense in the second half or it's curtains for Stan.

I was just thinking the same thing. They will force us to hit open shots and if we don't it will get out of hand.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on November 21, 2005, 11:44:36 pm
they are teasing me arnt they? they want me to stay up till 1am cause they look like they might get it going an pull this out. is it just me or does uconn really not like being pressed

Could be worse.  I went to see us play football in LA.  It was late there and I was still on Arkansas time.

Macgyver_Hawg

patience, fellow hogvillians, patience. this program is talented enough to make the NCAA Tourney...we just need a team like UCONN roght now to expose all of the kinks that need to be worked out.

I fell for that last season when we played Illinois.

lunchbox72703

have faith my fellow brethren...have faith
                            - Reverend Lunchbox ;)

corndo

Watching the first half, we are lucky to be within 6 points. If we can get some rhythm in the second, we stand a chance.

lunchbox72703

On a side note...that stadium looks so much like a highschool stadium...doesn't it?

hogbalz

Playing way to fast for us. They have exposed how slow we are on the transition or should I say ssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

urhogdaddi

we ended the 1st half on a positive note hopefully we can continue it
Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

hogsanity

Quote from: Net Hog on November 21, 2005, 11:45:52 pm

Right now, the Huskies have exposed all of the kinks we had last season.

And yet we only trail the #3 team in the polls by 6. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

corndo

UConn had 14 turnovers in the first half!

lunchbox72703

true, hogbalz, true....hey, post it one more time to become a hogvillian......welcome ;)

Eric Sullivan

HSV..... I used to PRAY for teams to play ZONE on us back in my days at Ark. Tech !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

sofullofwayne

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on November 21, 2005, 11:49:21 pm
On a side note...that stadium looks so much like a highschool stadium...doesn't it?

Yeah, same as it did the last few years. They have camps and stuff there, EA Sports, etc.

corndo

hogfan13

Here we go eith the 2nd half

Hill with the FG

36-30

lunchbox72703

hill looked good right there

Net Hog

we missed that rebound because we didn't hustle.

lunchbox72703

Quote from: Ethen on November 21, 2005, 11:50:46 pm
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on November 21, 2005, 11:49:21 pm

Yeah, same as it did the last few years. They have camps and stuff there, EA Sports, etc.

didn't know that....thanks

corndo

Net Hog

Lanny

Quote from: Eric Sullivan on November 21, 2005, 11:50:24 pm

HSV..... I used to PRAY for teams to play ZONE on us back in my days at Ark. Tech !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

Brewer reminds me of the way I use to play..........ha

Al Bundy

Net Hog

this is about to get bad

lunchbox72703

oh well, at least hill got a piece....of his face LOL

sofullofwayne

Already getting out of hand.

hogfan13

WHAT THA F**K IS HAPPEND TO US 42-30 UCONN

Net Hog

Hill looks like a girl with that long faggy hair

hogsanity

I wish Modica would just leave the team, we would be much better off.

hogbalz

For 500 sssssssssssssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

corndo

Wow, 12 point lead  just like that.

Macgyver_Hawg

Squealers

42-30 Ucon, we need to regroup
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

lunchbox72703

hogs need to settle down......way too ancy

sofullofwayne

play some freaking defense for once

Net Hog

Brewer got swatted like a bitch.

lunchbox72703

Macgyver_Hawg

We are getting our shots blocked way too much.

Year four and still no inside game.