Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random questions

Started by WILL CLINTON, October 13, 2005, 10:38:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

Do you think anyone at Nebraska is upset they got callahan, instead of nutt?  There were a lot of people not happy with Callahan's west coast offense, and i still believe the rushing game was one of the reasons they wanted nutt.  Weren't they one of the best rushing teams in the 90's?

What players that are on the hill right now, on the team have we gotten JUST because of nutt?  I would just like to know how many of them came to play on the hill strictly because of Nutt recruiting them.  Maybe the question I should ask is how many players on the hill right now, who contribute regularly would have come regardless who the coach is? 

When was the last time a team won or played for, or even came close to a National Championship with as much of an imbalance in their offense as we have?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Lando Calrissian

Nebraska fired a coach after he went 8-3.

Nutt wouldn't have lasted half a season there.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: dubyacee on October 13, 2005, 10:38:52 am
Do you think anyone at Nebraska is upset they got callahan, instead of nutt? There were a lot of people not happy with Callahan's west coast offense, and i still believe the rushing game was one of the reasons they wanted nutt. Weren't they one of the best rushing teams in the 90's?

What players that are on the hill right now, on the team have we gotten JUST because of nutt? I would just like to know how many of them came to play on the hill strictly because of Nutt recruiting them. Maybe the question I should ask is how many players on the hill right now, who contribute regularly would have come regardless who the coach is?

When was the last time a team won or played for, or even came close to a National Championship with as much of an imbalance in their offense as we have?

I wonder what Ohio State's ratio was--just curious.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Sound the Horns

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on October 13, 2005, 10:39:44 am
Nebraska fired a coach after he went 8-3.

Nutt wouldn't have lasted half a season there.
IMO, thats the biggest reason why he didn't take the job. He wouldn't have made it more than one season.  In AR, he has plenty of people that eat up what he is selling and it puts him right at home. He continues to sell the Nutthuggers year after year  and the Cornhuggers wouldn't deal with it.