Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herring tells it like it is, I love it.

Started by hognelson, October 12, 2005, 07:53:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hognelson

No excuses.   :razorback:

Very refreshing.

hognelson

Cool, party at Reggie's at the end of the year!

Cornhogio

Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

LA HAWG

Defense is worse than last year.  Herring is full of HOT AIR.  Are you guys drinking Herring kool-aid too?

Foots

I've heard that everwhere Herring has coached, the defense or position players have been terrible under him, except that one year at NC State where there was a ton of talent on defense. Wasn't he a linebackers coach for the Texans and Clemson? I don't know his history, just heard someone tell me about it.

Turnberry

Quote from: hognelson on October 12, 2005, 07:53:58 am
No excuses. :razorback:

Very refreshing.

Telling it like it is means nothing. All that matters are results.  I haven't been impressed by his schemes, yet we all know he's working with limited personnel.  This goes back to HDN's failure at recruiting - no quality DL, LB's.

aka PlanoHog

Biggus Piggus

That ton of talent played like absolute crap the season before, when Herring was not there.

Guys, we don't know whether the defense has gotten any better year to date, but they have a chance to prove something this Saturday.  Give Herring a Huckeba and a Dixon, things would be a lot better.
[CENSORED]!

idochog

I wish he would be a little more honest and say:

"Boy Chris Vaughn and Bobby Alllen really suck as coaches and recruiters"

"Dang HDN must have been on vacation in regards to recruiting defensive players"
I love Jesus!

Chief Mac

Quote from: idochog on October 12, 2005, 11:28:32 am
I wish he would be a little more honest and say:

"Dang HDN must have been on vacation in regards to recruiting defensive players"

How do you know he hasn't?  LOL   :-)

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Buck Ocean

QuoteI wish he would be a little more honest and say:

Word up!! Kudos!
Think like a Jedi

Oklahawg

Herring has kept the defense from revolting after the USC dismantling. That's to his credit. HDN's as well. It would have been easy to have the team check it in, and the defense to abandon Herring, after Vandy plus USC. The last two games have looked good defensively--big picture in contrast with the first 3 games--and that is a tiny bit of encouragement.

Do you think Herring would love to have Jermaine Petty at MLB right now?

I bet he'd dig Sacha Lancaster as well.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hog Bounty Hunter

So far all I hear is talk, can they walk the walk?  It's easy to shoot your mouth off on Wednesday morning, I want to hear what he has to say Saturday night.