Need some help from the Pro-Nutt camp

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, October 10, 2005, 08:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 10:14:52 pm
were only 2-3 at this point!

Saying we are ONLY 2-3 is Opinion

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 10:14:52 pm
If Nutt leaves ,we will have a sinking ship, those blue chippers will transfer quicker than you can say Fire! HDN!

Opinion

Seriously, Think i am a title company, FOLLOW THE RULES!

pork-e-pine

Another possible title for this thread..."All nut supporters put your names here so you can be written off" or "place whatever you want here most won't believe you anyway" maybe "give factual reasons for faith."  Anything like that.  Anybody who supports nutt openly here is going to get barraged and written off.  You are braver guys than I. 
A note before you reem me.  I support the Hogs and would support nutt if he turned the season around with a bowl win but I am predicting that he cannot and should be fired at the end of the year.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 10, 2005, 10:21:11 pm
Another possible title for this thread..."All nut supporters put your names here so you can be written off" or "place whatever you want here most won't believe you anyway" maybe "give factual reasons for faith." Anything like that. Anybody who supports nutt openly here is going to get barraged and written off. You are braver guys than I.
A note before you reem me. I support the Hogs and would support nutt if he turned the season around with a bowl win but I am predicting that he cannot and should be fired at the end of the year.

LMAO thats a good one, but honestly, i have tried my best to allow ANY and all factual posts to be responded to.  None have showed up.  Mercedees had a good start, yet never replied.

No one has produced one single FACT that shows Nutt should be retained, sorry, but its the truth.  We are not bashing, we are simply responding to arguments in a mature manner, at least i am.  If you care to try and help i would appreciate it.

pork-e-pine

I believe your sincerity, but I don't think anything anybody could say would sway you(or me).  The only thing that can change my mind is results on the field.  Some have faith in Nutt. This can't be explained.  Some are happy with our past results and are willing to live with that or see that as a reason to hope for the future.  How could one possibly quantify that?  They can't.  Some just have faith in Nutt.  I just don't fall into that camp.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

JDW

October 10, 2005, 10:30:51 pm #54 Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 10:34:20 pm by JDW
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 10, 2005, 08:25:32 pm
I want all of you to give reasons why Houston Dale should remain the coach of the Razorbacks. The only restriction is that you use facts and not opinions.
Quote from: WilsonHog on October 10, 2005, 09:05:05 pm
I'm going to be a little over the top here, but posters like hogken have driven me to it.

If you did not possess enough sense to obtain a college degree, you have no business posting on a message board with those who did.

If you do not possess the ability to use logic, rational thought, and objectivity to craft well thought out arguments, you have no business posting on a message board with those who do.

If you do not possess the ability to write at least three consecutive paragraphs in a cogent, well-written manner, preferably in complete sentences and with correct capitalization and punctuation, you have no business posting on a message board with those who do.

Carry on.

You know Wilson being a moderator that you are I would hope that you would be a neutral party to such antics that go on here, and if you call out one side you should call out the other. If those that are pro HDN act foolishly them call them on it, but when those that are against HDN start calling names and acting foolishly they should be called on it as well.

This post should be moved to the feuds section.

Feralhog

As horrible as our defense has looked thus far, I could give some factual reasons as to why we need to retain Herring!  Strange ain't it?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hogken

Nutt can and will get the best results the quickest. im trying to converse but the namecalling(Huggers) always get in the way
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 10, 2005, 10:29:54 pm
I believe your sincerity, but I don't think anything anybody could say would sway you(or me). The only thing that can change my mind is results on the field. Some have faith in Nutt. This can't be explained. Some are happy with our past results and are willing to live with that or see that as a reason to hope for the future. How could one possibly quantify that? They can't. Some just have faith in Nutt. I just don't fall into that camp.

And that brings us to this thread.  We are asking.

Why do you still have faith

Only we have tried to remove emotions.  We have tried to do it based on facts.  I honestly love this thread due to the fact that it requires people to sway me with actual occurances.  Not just "i love HDN" comments. 

It also requires real thinking.  I am sorry you disagree with the basis or content of this thread, however i hope you understand why i endorse it.  Please feel free to comment with anything you wish, but limit it to fact and not simply emotion.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 10:31:33 pm
Nutt can and will get the best results the quickest. im trying to converse but the namecalling(Huggers) always get in the way

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!! OMFG, quit with the Farging opinions.  Give me a REASON!!!!  God DAMN!

Seriously Ken, show off that intellect.  PLEASE!

Give me one fact that shows HDN should stay.

PLEASE

pork-e-pine

Ok, Good luck to you on your journey to find faith.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

hogken

one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

Feralhog

Maybe it would help if you told us how he will get the best results the quickest!  Maybe you can point to some examples in the past as proof that he will get us the best results the quickest?  Merely saying Nutt can get us the best results the quickest doesn't make it so.  Once again, we are looking for facts!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 10, 2005, 10:33:58 pm

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!! OMFG, quit with the Farging opinions. Give me a REASON!!!! God DAMN!

Seriously Ken, show off that intellect. PLEASE!

Give me one fact that shows HDN should stay.

PLEASE

Recruiting will be in shambles for one year. We probably lose one of the best QB's to come out of Arkansas in some time if he goes. Weak arguments, I'm well aware, but you asked for one fact that might merit his being retained as HC.  ;D

hogken

he has recruited who we currently have(future Superstars) players should be more comfortable with their coach as a QB does with his recievers as time goes on and they spend more time together.right? Then breaking up that relationship with these kids could and should do damage to the program.

TulsaHogFan

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on October 10, 2005, 10:37:05 pm

Recruiting will be in shambles for one year. We probably lose one of the best QB's to come out of Arkansas in some time if he goes. Weak arguments, I'm well aware, but you asked for one fact that might merit his being retained as HC. ;D

Please can you comment on how that the recruiting will be in shambles for a year is a fact. 

Fact is HDN released Chris Vaughn, (who btw is the reason we have Tyrell Graham) as Recruiting Coordinator, to take it upon himself.  So basically, he has relased a pretty good recruiter to handle it himself.  So if we release HDN the Coordinator will be gone, and as it will damage the recruiting, i doubt it will leave it in shambles.  Verdict = Opinion

The quote that we will probably lose one of the best, again, there is NO facts to back that up.... there fore that is an assumption, or equivalent to an opinion.   But thank you for playing.  I am still trying to find why people have faith.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 10:40:51 pm
he has recruited who we currently have(future Superstars) players should be more comfortable with their coach as a QB does with his recievers as time goes on and they spend more time together.right? Then breaking up that relationship with these kids could and should do damage to the program.

OMFG

Good god that was ALL opinion. 

Uhhhh but that was not a problem in 98 was it?   Finished 9-3 remember?

What if i was to tell you that there were reports coming out that players had lost complete faith in HDN and were not following him anyway?  That is my opinion from what i hear from sources, but i find it highly credible.

Buff

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 10:35:17 pm
Did Nutt win at Murray St?
does it matter if he won at Murray freaking State?  This is the big leagues now. What happened at Murray St. has no relevance whatsoever to this thread.

Quote from: hogken on October 10, 2005, 10:40:51 pm
finally, a halfway-logical reason.  however, he has shown time and again that he can't improve talent in 4 years (think Matt Jones, Cobbs, Hamlin).  With guys like Hillis, Jones, Monk, McFadden, and even in the past with Matt, Cobbs, Stoerner, Lucas, not to mention some of the guys we've had on D, how do you explain the fact that he hasn't had consistent winning (8+ wins) seasons in his 8 years here?

You're getting closer to the meaning of a 'fact'.  Keep trying, you'll get it right.

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 10, 2005, 10:21:11 pm
Another possible title for this thread..."All nut supporters put your names here so you can be written off" or "place whatever you want here most won't believe you anyway" maybe "give factual reasons for faith." Anything like that. Anybody who supports nutt openly here is going to get barraged and written off. You are braver guys than I.
A note before you reem me. I support the Hogs and would support nutt if he turned the season around with a bowl win but I am predicting that he cannot and should be fired at the end of the year.
nutt-huggers haven't given any FACTS to support their reasoning that he should stay.  Nothing but opinions.  "Nutt will turn our program around." of "Nutt is definitely the guy for the job." are OPINIONS.  According to Webster, the two words are completely different.

ThisTeetsTaken

Maybe the reason you guys can't give me any fact-based reasons for him to stay is because they're aren't any.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Buff

dizzamn - you may have just buried the thread with that

jblack19

Ive posted in here that I read in several places that FJB KNEW there were going to be 2 more bad seasons when he was given that 1 yr extension. With that said, I think he needs 3 more years before hes tossed out. I mean when everyone up there knew there were going to be a couple bad years to come how can you rightly say after one year that you have seen enough? Seems like a double standard to me. (waits for the lashing)

Buff

The thing about the bad years seems like BS as of now.  With better playcalling, we definitely could have beaten Vandy and maybe Bama (opinion but disprove it if you want).  If he gets any more than 1 more year after this, I think it will be a huge disservice to the fans and the program.  You're off topic but I would take any of your posts over hogken any day of the week.

jblack19

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on October 10, 2005, 11:12:21 pm
The thing about the bad years seems like BS as of now. With better playcalling, we definitely could have beaten Vandy and maybe Bama (opinion but disprove it if you want). If he gets any more than 1 more year after this, I think it will be a huge disservice to the fans and the program. You're off topic but I would take any of your posts over hogken any day of the week.
Definately somethin goin on in here. I agree again, with the play calling. A hire of an OC with 100% control is needed way bad! Question is, could Nutt give up the reigns on the play callin?

PerryHog

This is a great thread. What, exactly, are the facts supporting nutt? I'm somewhat concerned few have responded.
I want nutt gone worse than anyone except Bounty, but I've got a few reasons to keep him.

1. Nutt beat Texas, bad, on new years' day, in the Cotton Bowl.
2. Nutt beat Texas, bad, in Austin, when Texas was highly ranked.
3. Nutt is 2-1 against Texas, would be 3-0 if he had a kicker.
Anyone who wants to keep nutt for these reasons has at least a point in my book.
4. There have been a few other good wins. Tennesee, bama, miracle on markham.
5. Possible loss of recruits, though that's awfully weak in my opinion.
6. There is some possiblilty that no one better can be hired. Again, weak, but it is a concern.
It's been about 10 minutes now, and that's all the reasons to keep nutt I can come with.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: jblack19 on October 10, 2005, 11:06:25 pm
Ive posted in here that I read in several places that FJB KNEW there were going to be 2 more bad seasons when he was given that 1 yr extension.

Please quote these "places" since you seem to like to refer to them.  I am waiting.

I think he needs 3 more years before hes tossed out.

And what happens if halfway through he says, wait, there are going to be some bad years due to the ending schedule?  How long do we owe this guy ON TOP of the 1.2 MILLION we are paying him?

Please explain this to me.....

Remember, key word is FACTS.

Feralhog

Ive posted in here that I read in several places that FJB KNEW there were going to be 2 more bad seasons when he was given that 1 yr extension. With that said, I think he needs 3 more years before hes tossed out. I mean when everyone up there knew there were going to be a couple bad years to come how can you rightly say after one year that you have seen enough? Seems like a double standard to me. (waits for the lashing)

Amasing

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: PerryHog on October 10, 2005, 11:18:18 pm
1. Nutt beat Texas, bad, on new years' day, in the Cotton Bowl.
2. Nutt beat Texas, bad, in Austin, when Texas was highly ranked.

One game does not mean you get 1.2 million.  It means you won one game.  Season is 11 long.

3. Nutt is 2-1 against Texas, would be 3-0 if he had a kicker.
Anyone who wants to keep nutt for these reasons has at least a point in my book.
4. There have been a few other good wins. Tennesee, bama, miracle on markham.

Single game wins are not enough.  We need winning seasons, not winning games.  Yes he did win a few games, but he has failed on a whole.

5. Possible loss of recruits, though that's awfully weak in my opinion.
6. There is some possiblilty that no one better can be hired. Again, weak, but it is a concern.
It's been about 10 minutes now, and that's all the reasons to keep nutt I can come with.

Again these are all opinions.  The do not belong in the thread.

I do appreciate the facts used.  However i do not believe they are strong enough to keep HDN.  And thats my opinion.

BuschHawg

Actually instead of the term "Huggers", I prefer to use "Huggies"...Just remembering all those diapers I changed.... ;D

jblack19

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 10, 2005, 11:19:20 pm
Ive posted in here that I read in several places that FJB KNEW there were going to be 2 more bad seasons when he was given that 1 yr extension.

Please quote these "places" since you seem to like to refer to them. I am waiting.

And what happens if halfway through he says, wait, there are going to be some bad years due to the ending schedule? How long do we owe this guy ON TOP of the 1.2 MILLION we are paying him?

Im sure you are quite capable of searching as I did. Your 'we' dont owe him anything.  Ending schedule? Please explain that. I said three years, final answer. (the 3 years does count this year btw) You cant sit there and say he's done nothing good for the program. If you do, well you have NuttHater blinders on. I know the program is stuck in a rut, if its not out of the rut in the time allotted, then do what needs to be done.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: jblack19 on October 10, 2005, 11:30:44 pm
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 10, 2005, 11:19:20 pm

Please quote these "places" since you seem to like to refer to them. I am waiting.

And what happens if halfway through he says, wait, there are going to be some bad years due to the ending schedule? How long do we owe this guy ON TOP of the 1.2 MILLION we are paying him?

Im sure you are quite capable of searching as I did. Your 'we' dont owe him anything. Ending schedule? Please explain that. I said three years, final answer. (the 3 years does count this year btw) You cant sit there and say he's done nothing good for the program. If you do, well you have NuttHater blinders on. I know the program is stuck in a rut, if its not out of the rut in the time allotted, then do what needs to be done.

I am asking you to produce these facts. simple as that.

I was asking about how often he can warn of bad seasons to get extensions.  Thats all.

I am not saying he has done nothing good, just saying he has done more bad than good.\

Waiting for your response.

TulsaHogFan

jblack19

The thread on Hogville is gone, heres all I could get:
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:3Uv53Sgt-F4J:www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php%3FPHPSESSID%3D1d9c3718ba66b76ab042035f3d39f12d%26topic%3D13088.msg103836+frank+broyles+gave+nutt+free+pass&hl=en
http://www.thetraveleronline.com/media/paper688/news/2004/08/30/Sports/Writings.On.The.Board.Hogs.Vying.For.Championship-706679.shtml?page=1
This page too is gone, 'But Frank Broyles rolled the dice and decided to go for the end' : http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?s=8945

I wasnt ignoring the thread, I have been on the phone. These are probably not what you would call facts but I know what I read.

bigt54

This is why Nutt will not be gone. 
Money, he will get at least one more year to take the 1.2 million or so he makes off the buy-out. 
The hope we have right now is that enough higher-ups are mad and insist on some changes in staff and finally maybe an OC.  But that is all we got.
So in the meantime,
GO HOGS!!
"I was not the best cause I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me."

HogFanLR

some facts.  If you think they are of merit then so be it.  I have been a supporter until this year.  However, it is easy to have someone lay out facts then you take shots at them.  Don't bother.  I will be working.  Might be able to respond tomorrow but doubt it.

1998-99 Arkansas Razorbacks 9 wins, 3 losses 81.8% Citrus Bowl Share of SEC West division title. Ended year ranked 16th.
1999-00 Arkansas Razorbacks 8 wins, 4 losses 66.7% Cotton Bowl Defeated Texas 27-6 in bowl. Finished ranked in top 20.
2000-01 Arkansas Razorbacks 6 wins, 6 losses 50.0% Las Vegas Bowl Ended regular season beating 2 ranked teams (Miss St., LSU).
2001-02 Arkansas Razorbacks 7 wins, 5 losses 58.3% Cotton Bowl Won six of last seven season games, ending year strong.
2002-03 Arkansas Razorbacks 9 wins, 5 losses 64.3% Music City Bowl Made it to SEC title game.
2003-04 Arkansas Razorbacks 9 wins, 4 losses 69.2% Independence Bowl Beat #5 Texas, started 4-0.
2004-05 Arkansas Razorbacks 5 wins, 6 losses 45.5% none Widely seen as rebuilding years for this and next year.
2005-06 (current season) Arkansas Razorbacks 2 wins, 3 losses (so far) 40.0% (so far) not known Widely seen as rebuilding year

This info came off the internet.  I did not stick the comments in.  Overall his record is marginal but better than AR had for the previous years.  Also remember his FIRST team was pick to FINISH LAST.  His second team has serious injury problems including most of the running backs. 

Based on this you can only draw an opinion.  Either you think with incoming talent it will be like he did in the early years or you think the incoming talent will not perform like the early year talent.  If you think the first you have hope and that is an opinion.  If you think the second you have doubt and that is an opinion.  You can support both easily.

This year sucks. 

TulsaHogFan

Perry Hog, i never got an answer,

Tulsahawg feel free to chime in at any moment.

lunchbox72703

1.  Consistently produces top rushing teams

2.  Sent several players to the NFL......can't blame the lack of success on those players on Nutt though

3.  High Graduation rate....

4.  Runs a clean program (investigation started before Nutt's tenure)

5.  Talks a good game to people who matter hehe

6.  Produces quality assistant coaches for other programs (you know i'm right on that one HAHA)

There......I gave  it my best shot.....i'm spent.......i need to lay down for a sec

PerryHog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on October 12, 2005, 09:42:18 pm
Perry Hog, i never got an answer,

Tulsahawg feel free to chime in at any moment.

I guess I missed the question? Little help please.