Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball schedule

Started by Biggus Piggus, August 20, 2005, 08:25:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

The U of A released its nonconference games.

Saturday, Oct. 29 Red-White Game, Fayetteville 4:05 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 4 Southwest Baptist (Exhibition), Fayetteville 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 12 Xavier-New Orleans (Exhibition), Fayetteville TBA

Friday, Nov. 18 Portland State, Fayetteville 7:05 p.m.
Mon.-Wed., Nov. 21-23 Maui Invitational, Maui, Hawaii
(Arkansas, Arizona, Chaminade, Connecticut, Gonzaga, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan State)
Monday, Nov. 21 Connecticut (ESPN2), 10:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 22 Arizona or Kansas (ESPN2/U), 3 or 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 23 TBA (ESPN/2/U)
Saturday, Nov. 26 Radford, Fayetteville 2:05 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 30 Southern Miss (FSN), Fayetteville 7:05 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 2 Missouri (ARSN), Fayetteville 7:05 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 6 Texas St. (ARSN), Fayetteville 7:05 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 15 Missouri St. (ARSN), Fayetteville 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 17 Rice (ARSN), N. Little Rock TBA
Wednesday, Dec. 21 Texas Tech (ESPN2), Dallas 9 p.m.     
Thursday, Dec. 29 UT-Pan American (ARSN), Fayetteville 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 1 Western Illinois (ARSN), Fayetteville TBA

Wow, a New Year's Day game.  That's crazy.

It's a reasonably tough schedule padded with five pushovers.
[CENSORED]!

tulsahog36

I like that sched.   It ensures a losing season and the firing of Stan Heath.   He is the worst game coach Arkansas has had since the early 70's.   He can recruit, but he cant coach a lick.   

Lanny

Quote from: tulsahog36 on August 20, 2005, 09:27:20 am
I like that sched. It ensures a losing season and the firing of Stan Heath. He is the worst game coach Arkansas has had since the early 70's. He can recruit, but he cant coach a lick.

Do you have anything positive to say about Razorback athletics?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

returntoglory

i think it will be interesting to see how people react to this schedule. last year everyone complained about how cake the schedule was and now i imagine a bunch of idiots on here will complain about how hard it is and we will never make it to the dance with these opponents.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

I really would not be surprised to see us beat a Texas Tech or Arizona and then get beat by Rice.  We have been good at underachieving, the longer the season goes on.

South_Ark_Pig

Quote from: tulsahog36 on August 20, 2005, 09:27:20 am
I like that sched. It ensures a losing season and the firing of Stan Heath. He is the worst game coach Arkansas has had since the early 70's. He can recruit, but he cant coach a lick.

I bet he's a lot better coach then you are. We dont have the telent yet for him to showcase his coaching talents. We have some decent players but not top 15 caliber ball players. Oh yea, i love the schedule. Would rather see some tough ones than what we did last year, win 13 games, gets hope up but dashed when we played real teams.

returntoglory

arkansas has always been a team that plays to its opponents level.  you hardly ever see us get blown out by good teams, but we still seem to lose to pathetic ones. if we can just be consistent, that will solve so many of our problems.

bigred7987

Give him a year with talent...LIKE THIS YEAR...then pass judgement...thats the reason nobody can win at Vandy they dont have the talent..they can coach just not win.  If he doesn't win after this year then part ways. 

lunchbox72703

well, gripe all you want about the schedule strength.  Remember, it too nolan some years to win a NCAA championship