Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aub and Bama Updates

Started by monty hawg, August 19, 2005, 04:28:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

monty hawg

Coletrain had asked about Upchurch on the recruiting page.  He did qualify, but is having trouble holding on to the ball.  Yesterday, Bama switched the QB signee, Mr. Footall-Mississippi to RB.  Don't know if that means Upchurch is not living up to the hype or not.  There is another Freshman RB that is getting a lot of ink, think his name is spelled Coffey.

The QB at Auburn, Brandon Cox is having shoulder problems. Ala Jones for us last year, backup QB's are taking all the snaps.  Word out of Auburn is that their backup QBs are not very good.

Enjoy this board because I can keep up with the Hawgs.  As you may expect, they do not receive very much ink in the local paper.  By the way, TJ is still doing well with ASU.  Too bad he couldn't excel for Arkansas.

Bomis Hawg

ASU did well last year.  I was hoping, however, that UAPB's run would last.  Glad T-Jack got another shot and doing well. 

It will be interesting to see if Carl Stewart and Tre Smith will do anything at tailback this year.  They have some of the best receivers around, but its hard to do anything when the running game and the QB aren't helping.  I think most Auburn fans are looking at Smith's heroics against Bama a couple of years ago and hoping.  I have my doubts.  Two RS Frosh behind Cox?  Man, that offense might be painful to watch.  Thinking on it, they might win games 17-10.

Thanks for the update!

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: monty hawg on August 19, 2005, 04:28:13 pm
Enjoy this board because I can keep up with the Hawgs. As you may expect, they do not receive very much ink in the local paper. By the way, TJ is still doing well with ASU. Too bad he couldn't excel for Arkansas.

I mentioned on another post that Carlos Ousley and Ivora Hall will be playing for ASU this year.  good luck to them all
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

wincrimson

Honestly, the Barn isn't rebuilding at tailback, they're RELOADING. That Kenny Irons has the potential (keyword: potential) to be another Caddy and Smith/Stewart ain't bad either.

At QB, Cox is alright. But I feel confident that he won't be able to lead a team down the field for a win. He just seems inconsistent to me.

The Barn wins 7-8 games IMO.

The_Bionic_Pig

August 20, 2005, 01:22:26 pm #4 Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 01:24:19 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: wincrimson on August 20, 2005, 10:36:26 am
Honestly, the Barn isn't rebuilding at tailback, they're RELOADING. That Kenny Irons has the potential (keyword: potential) to be another Caddy and Smith/Stewart ain't bad either.

At QB, Cox is alright. But I feel confident that he won't be able to lead a team down the field for a win. He just seems inconsistent to me.

The Barn wins 7-8 games IMO.

Hopefully Bama beats the "Evil Orange Empire"  I hear Croyle was 13 of 20 for 260 yards and 5-TDs during their latest scrimmage!!!  :o
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Tammany Tom

Here's the information we are getting on Brandon Cox:

He went to see Dr. Andrews in Birmingham and he only has tendonitis and no structural damage. He has a lot of inflammation and it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks with his situation.

I will tell you this, Jimbo Fisher (our offensive co-ordinator) really likes Brandon Cox, likes him a lot. If Brandon Cox is healthy this season, he should be a pretty good QB for Auburn. From the reports that I have heard, Cox looked really good in practice up until the tendonitis set in. Auburn doesn't have much behind Cox so if he were to miss a few games due to injury, it would hurt them quite a bit.

All I know is that in order for LSU to win the west, we must beat Auburn and all our games with them are always all out wars. Auburn's SEC schedule this year is about as easy as it gets playing in the SEC, so they have a lot of good fortune it that regard.