Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2005, 01:04:25 am
1. How good are our current QBs?

2. Lots of injuries, what's going on?

3. Do we have a MLB?

4. Do we have a FS?

5. Who gets the carries at TB?

6. Who's the third WR?

7. Will we have problems at RG?

Good questions, but most (if not all) of them won't be answerable until probably after the 'Bama game.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

rococco

ok here's my two cents:

1:) I expect RJ to be much better this year, but worry that he will continue to panic during the big game, he just hasn't shown any clutch tendencies, expect Barthel to get snaps later in the season after he learns the playbook, say maybe the georgia game. From what I heard from several players, they all think next year will be Mort's coming out party while Mustain redshirts. he definately has his head wrapped around everything, his body is just having to grow into the part of a major D1 qb.

2.) the injuries I see as a continuation of our conditioning problems, there have been lots of interesting rumors about decker recently but I have no knowledge one way or the other. I think the sheer number of them is showing up because of the increased physical nature of our practices now.. I don't worry too much about them, they for the most part seem the kind of injuries that will regularly occur with phyiscal practices, but if they continue to mount during the season we would have a major problem on our hands...

3.)Maybe but don't be surprised if it is one of the freshmen who start after the first game or two of the season.

4.)Kelly is apparently doing a wonderful job, apparently herring has been lauding him during practice, and vickel seems much more natural at strong safety, I expect them to be one of our best tandems in quite a while. Also Elson Forte has looked great, I would have liked Thornton to try and stay on, maybe by redshirting and working with one of the track coaches to get his speed up to par, but we do need the bodies and talent at LB, look for him to probably not redshirt and strt getting regular playing time after the bama game.

5.) Howard will get the bulk of the load up until the USC game when their D kills our up the middle guys, look for either poole or one of the freshmen burners to explode during the second half and gaining the starting job after howard lags against the stout Bama D.

6.)Baker... he's just going to be flat out deadly from the slot... deadly... Also logan will get some work running posts and some outs from the slot, his cut will work well against the lbs and safety/nickel backs

7.)Yes/No Currently I am not worried about it but I do fear that Zac is not going to get to have the kind of year he deserves... love that guy (used to live right next to me... I hope he got a new cd player cause that last one used to skip and keep me awake alll the DAMN time...but I digress)...Just on intuition if Zac has a full year both he and tony get on the all-sec teams with an outside shot at all-american if our qb's show up this year (also we must win at least 8 for this to happen... like I said OUTSIDE shot) basically I think we have enough raw talent and bodies to throw in there at rg and rotate that it SHOULD not be a problem...hopefully
Hogville is watching...

Chief Mac

Quote from: rococco on August 18, 2005, 03:36:06 am
ok here's my two cents:

1:) I expect RJ to be much better this year, but worry that he will continue to panic during the big game, he just hasn't shown any clutch tendencies, expect Barthel to get snaps later in the season after he learns the playbook, say maybe the georgia game. From what I heard from several players, they all think next year will be Mort's coming out party while Mustain redshirts. he definately has his head wrapped around everything, his body is just having to grow into the part of a major D1 qb.

2.) the injuries I see as a continuation of our conditioning problems, there have been lots of interesting rumors about decker recently but I have no knowledge one way or the other. I think the sheer number of them is showing up because of the increased physical nature of our practices now.. I don't worry too much about them, they for the most part seem the kind of injuries that will regularly occur with phyiscal practices, but if they continue to mount during the season we would have a major problem on our hands...

3.)Maybe but don't be surprised if it is one of the freshmen who start after the first game or two of the season.

4.)Kelly is apparently doing a wonderful job, apparently herring has been lauding him during practice, and vickel seems much more natural at strong safety, I expect them to be one of our best tandems in quite a while. Also Elson Forte has looked great, I would have liked Thornton to try and stay on, maybe by redshirting and working with one of the track coaches to get his speed up to par, but we do need the bodies and talent at LB, look for him to probably not redshirt and strt getting regular playing time after the bama game.

5.) Howard will get the bulk of the load up until the USC game when their D kills our up the middle guys, look for either poole or one of the freshmen burners to explode during the second half and gaining the starting job after howard lags against the stout Bama D.

6.)Baker... he's just going to be flat out deadly from the slot... deadly... Also logan will get some work running posts and some outs from the slot, his cut will work well against the lbs and safety/nickel backs

7.)Yes/No Currently I am not worried about it but I do fear that Zac is not going to get to have the kind of year he deserves... love that guy (used to live right next to me... I hope he got a new cd player cause that last one used to skip and keep me awake alll the DAMN time...but I digress)...Just on intuition if Zac has a full year both he and tony get on the all-sec teams with an outside shot at all-american if our qb's show up this year (also we must win at least 8 for this to happen... like I said OUTSIDE shot) basically I think we have enough raw talent and bodies to throw in there at rg and rotate that it SHOULD not be a problem...hopefully

On the injuries.  Grant has a broken pinkie, Vinnet has sore knees, Smith hammy, Tubbs twisted his ankle, and I believe Harrison had his bell rung.  Not that I am a fan of Decker, but all of these don't appear to be result from the "transformer's" poor training habits.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

rococco

yea I agree that's why I went on to say that they were just the results of good ole-fashioned practicing, sorry if it came off that I was trying to say that there was any fault on the part of decker for these, I was trying to get at that if we keep having slews of injuries and they are not of the unavoidable variety there might be some validity in some of the previously mentioned deecker rumors thats all
Hogville is watching...

MCPeePants

3. Do we have a MLB?

4. Do we have a FS?

6. Who's the third WR?

1. By SEC standards, they're not very good.

2. Probably just something that lots of teams are experiencing at this point in the pre-season. There hasn't been anything really major yet, so I'm not too worried about it. Yet.

3. I'm not exactly sold on Dacus. We may see one of the freshmen take over that position fairly early into the season.

4. I think Kelly can do a decent job, but I doubt he's going to be one of the better safeties in the SEC or anything.

5. It will be a RB by committee, at least to begin with. If F.Jones is really as good as he's being hyped up to be, then I would hope he winds up leading the team in rushes when all is said and done.

6. I imagine it will be a battle between Baker and Logan with Baker seeing a little more playing time.

7. I think we'll be ok there unless injuries really ravage the OL.

The big question I have is:

How well are our two new 225 lb. DEs really taking to their new position and will they be able to hold up to the grind of an SEC season? 

HighOnHogs

Chief Mac

Quote from: MCPeePants on August 18, 2005, 06:39:14 am

3. Do we have a MLB?

4. Do we have a FS?

6. Who's the third WR?

1. By SEC standards, they're not very good.

2. Probably just something that lots of teams are experiencing at this point in the pre-season. There hasn't been anything really major yet, so I'm not too worried about it. Yet.

3. I'm not exactly sold on Dacus. We may see one of the freshmen take over that position fairly early into the season.

4. I think Kelly can do a decent job, but I doubt he's going to be one of the better safeties in the SEC or anything.

5. It will be a RB by committee, at least to begin with. If F.Jones is really as good as he's being hyped up to be, then I would hope he winds up leading the team in rushes when all is said and done.

6. I imagine it will be a battle between Baker and Logan with Baker seeing a little more playing time.

7. I think we'll be ok there unless injuries really ravage the OL.

The big question I have is:

How well are our two new 225 lb. DEs really taking to their new position and will they be able to hold up to the grind of an SEC season?

Herring's defense at NCst last year featured a DE that was similar in stature/build to A. Brown.  In the Miami game that I watched a replay of the other day, the guy was just blowing by the Miami Tackles and wreaking havoc.  Also, Tubby down at Auburn took a guy of similar stature/build and turned him from a WR to a Butkus Award finalist and NFL OLB, Karlos Dansby.  I think we should defer to Herring on the size of our DE.  I think Brown and Sims are going to do a GREAT job and FINALLY give us a pass rush that we haven't had.  As far as stopping the run, I'm more concerned with our LB's than the DE's.  The LB's in Herring scheme are the main playmakers versus the run.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Biggus Piggus

I forgot to mention the tight end position.  Wes Murphy is listed at first team.  I think that's great.  He always seemed like a tight end, a guy who could get up and move while also being strong enough to block.  In Murphy, Winston and Hicks we seem to have three usable tight ends.

Hamstring injuries often are indicative of inadequate conditioning.  I think our injuries mostly show how physical we are as a team.  There's a lot of emphasis on basic blocking and tackling this year.  We've had groin injuries, a lot of ankle injuries.

Herring has put a lot of pressure on Randy Kelly because of his tackling.  I wonder whether Kelly will ever tackle as well as Herring wants, because Kelly's not very big.  He's more corner sized than safety sized.  Don't be surprised if you see a bigger athlete playing free safety.  Kelly's a lot like what we used to use in the Zac Painter position.

The Olineman in the crosshairs to me is Tony Ugoh.  He has to finally be the player he was supposed to be.  To have a serious Plan B we'd have to completely reorganize the line.  Ugoh has to pan out and now.

The Hogs have a pretty decent selection of starters; main issue is getting the depth in line.  Positions where depth is of most concern = QB, OT, LB, FS.  They should be able to find a safety, but for the others there is the chance that injuries/other issues could cause them to resort to stopgap solutions during the season.

Big difference between now and 2000?  Playmakers on offense.  Even if we have trouble at QB, the firepower at TB and WR is vastly better.

The 2000 defense, on the other hand, had strong playmakers, and any the 2005 defense has are unproven (meaning we really have no idea what to think).  In 2000, the D had Quentin Caver, Ken Hamlin (freshman All-America), Carlos Hall and Jermaine Brooks, guys who would go on to the pros, also some other good players like Randy Garner, J.J. Jones, Jeremiah Harper and Corey Harris.  That 2000 team was the last time Arkansas had a decent pass rush, too.

I guess that's another question for my list.  Who are the stars on defense?
[CENSORED]!

Chief Mac

August 18, 2005, 11:51:41 am #9 Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 11:55:01 am by GaRZRBCK
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2005, 11:46:06 am
I forgot to mention the tight end position. Wes Murphy is listed at first team. I think that's great. He always seemed like a tight end, a guy who could get up and move while also being strong enough to block. In Murphy, Winston and Hicks we seem to have three usable tight ends.

Hamstring injuries often are indicative of inadequate conditioning. I think our injuries mostly show how physical we are as a team. There's a lot of emphasis on basic blocking and tackling this year. We've had groin injuries, a lot of ankle injuries.

Herring has put a lot of pressure on Randy Kelly because of his tackling. I wonder whether Kelly will ever tackle as well as Herring wants, because Kelly's not very big. He's more corner sized than safety sized. Don't be surprised if you see a bigger athlete playing free safety. Kelly's a lot like what we used to use in the Zac Painter position.

The Olineman in the crosshairs to me is Tony Ugoh. He has to finally be the player he was supposed to be. To have a serious Plan B we'd have to completely reorganize the line. Ugoh has to pan out and now.

The Hogs have a pretty decent selection of starters; main issue is getting the depth in line. Positions where depth is of most concern = QB, OT, LB, FS. They should be able to find a safety, but for the others there is the chance that injuries/other issues could cause them to resort to stopgap solutions during the season.

Big difference between now and 2000? Playmakers on offense. Even if we have trouble at QB, the firepower at TB and WR is vastly better.

The 2000 defense, on the other hand, had strong playmakers, and any the 2005 defense has are unproven (meaning we really have no idea what to think). In 2000, the D had Quentin Caver, Ken Hamlin (freshman All-America), Carlos Hall and Jermaine Brooks, guys who would go on to the pros, also some other good players like Randy Garner, J.J. Jones, Jeremiah Harper and Corey Harris. That 2000 team was the last time Arkansas had a decent pass rush, too.

I guess that's another question for my list. Who are the stars on defense?

Biggus,  I have to drink the Herring kool-aide and say Anthony Brown will be one of the stars.  If we get the pass rush we so desperately have been lacking, our porous D from last year will improve leaps and bounds.  Vinnett and Grant will benefit greatly from a pass rush and safety help.

The only hammy injury that I know about is Smith and the ole' transformer hasn't gotten to him yet LOL!  Most of the injuries as you led into are a result from physical practices and (knock on wood) haven't been too serious.  These physical practices, injuries permitting, should improve both sides of the ball tremendously.

WPS

Chris

Biggus Piggus

If Grant starts at corner, I'll be surprised.  They sure are talking a lot about Coe.  I expect more from Desmond Sims than from Brown.  Pierre Brown should be a good playmaker.  Somebody on the defensive interior, maybe Marcus Harrison, ought to rise up.  At safety I'm hoping we see Desmond Williams on the football field pretty often.  Vaughn will have to play great to keep him down.
[CENSORED]!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2005, 11:59:00 am
If Grant starts at corner, I'll be surprised. They sure are talking a lot about Coe. I expect more from Desmond Sims than from Brown. Pierre Brown should be a good playmaker. Somebody on the defensive interior, maybe Marcus Harrison, ought to rise up. At safety I'm hoping we see Desmond Williams on the football field pretty often. Vaughn will have to play great to keep him down.

I agree on Harrison and think that Bledsoe and/or Mitchell may have some impact.  Not that I dislike Coe, but I would prefer a guy with more speed to play corner.  Between an average technique player with real speed (Grant or Johnson) and a great technique player with average speed, I would go for the former rather than the later.  If you get a chance to watch some of NC St's games from last year, do it.  It REALLY help to convince me that Herring is going to have a significant impact in the win/loss column.  In fact, I have to go with Ole Reggie Herring as the defensive MVP right now!  LOL

WPS

Chris

Bomis Hawg

I've been high on Desmond Sims the past two years.  If the guy can hold his own with the big OL out there, he should be fine.  I have no problem with him or Brown.  I'll take Herring at his word on how he wants things ran this year.  If he thinks Sims and Brown will benefit more, as well as the team, then I'm game. 

Same can be said for Pierre Brown.  Everyone thought this guy could play in his RS Soph year, after coming out of Bama.  I hope he does well.  Dacus might be just getting those growing pains of having a lot put on him.  He should be fine, in the long run.  How good at that position might be the question.

Can Baker be the #3 WR?  I think so.  The fact that Jones underthrew the guy numerous times should be a good sign that a stronger armed QB should find  him more often.  With the perception that Arkansas is a running team, most teams won't change their scheme against Arkansas.  Baker got past the DBs a few times not to be thrown to or underthrown.  RJ, to most accounts, has a really strong arm.  I want to see at least by the Vandy game them test that with Baker, or Washington.

Speaking of RJ, I think the guy has what it takes to be that quality starter this year.  No, he won't make us forget of Lunney or Stoerner, or Jones for that matter.  But the kid has something that that could be good for the team.  The fact that he took the hard hits against Georgia and never went to the bench to come our, and he came back from surgery not to long ago -- even if it wasn't major.  I think given time, he could be the answer this year.  I have grown a liking to Barthell and Mortensen.  I don't care, as long as one can produce effectively.

Coe was given some time at his HS position, WR.  Must've been temorary.  Vinnett is probably our best corner, Coe is probably behind him.  Michael Grant showed good signs last year, as well as bad signs.  Granted, a lot of the defense had bad signs.  One would think that most of the "bad" areas are being solved.  Thats what you'd think.  Is Kelly a Junior or Senior?  Knew he was a JC guy, wasn't sure what he listed last year.  He played well at times, definitely a hard hitter -- which is a plus/need at Safety.  Question is, are the redshirts ready?

I haven't thrown Howard to the trash pile yet.  I think he will be a viable option.  Guy had over 4 per last year.  Career wise, even after the horrible bulking up experience, still has a 4 per average.  The guy should do that again.  Some say Poole has never been that good or whatever the case may be.  Guessing they had different views when he signed.  The guy could contribute this year, and very well.  Can you imagine Poole and Hillis going out on routes?  I'm guessing that won't happen because of a certain individual.  I'll hold hope.  Dickerson and all of the other 4th and 6th string guys will get carries in two games.  They are non-factors.  You'd hope that two of the three can redshirt.  Wishful thinking, probably.  Michael Smith needs to be redshirted.  Hopefully, one of the Jones/McFadden duo can be.  All of this makes the first game interesting, doesn't it?

Biggus Piggus

Sims has played a lot more D than Brown has.  "Sic 'em" only goes so far.  Dacus is a placeholder.  Baker is the next Hubert Loudermilk.  I expect to see a two-headed QB before the end of September.  Howard averaged 3.8 ypc in all games other than Louisiana-Monroe (same average in SEC games), and that included zero carries against Georgia, one of the toughest defenses we faced (team averaged 2.9 ypc against UGa).  Talley and Cobbs had breakout senior seasons, but both started showing it in spring and August practices, and Howard hasn't.

We hear about lots of turnovers in practices.  Nutt won't live with that.  He will try to maximize the team's chance of winning.  Might look boring at times.  Not going to sacrifice wins just to look good.
[CENSORED]!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2005, 03:54:53 pm
Sims has played a lot more D than Brown has. "Sic 'em" only goes so far. Dacus is a placeholder. Baker is the next Hubert Loudermilk. I expect to see a two-headed QB before the end of September. Howard averaged 3.8 ypc in all games other than Louisiana-Monroe (same average in SEC games), and that included zero carries against Georgia, one of the toughest defenses we faced (team averaged 2.9 ypc against UGa). Talley and Cobbs had breakout senior seasons, but both started showing it in spring and August practices, and Howard hasn't.

We hear about lots of turnovers in practices. Nutt won't live with that. He will try to maximize the team's chance of winning. Might look boring at times. Not going to sacrifice wins just to look good.
Here's hoping that Felix Jones wraps his head around those blocking assignments and knows enough to get playing time early and often!  If Howard isn't showing that same "senior glow" or whatever you want to call it that Cobbs/Talley showed, it's time for Nutt Bros. to move on to either Poole and/or one of the freshman, which appears to be Jones at this point.

WPS

Chris

Extra Point

I'll throw out a few answers...

3. Do we have a MLB?  I hear this is an area for concern from a tackling standpoint (i.e. no one is a fundamentally solid tackler here yet).

4. Do we have a FS?  I hear the SAME thing about fundamental tackling at FS (i.e. wrapping up a guy, not just hitting him and expecting him to fall to the ground).  Remember, Herring said if you can't tackle, you sit.

5. Who gets the carries at TB?  Hopefully our BEST guys (i.e. not based on classification).  I look for Felix to get some PT early on.  McFadden may not since he is not 100% healthy.  Hopefully ALL of them will be healthy and ready to go by the 17th of September because ALL of them will be needed to win in LA and Tuscaloosa in back to back weeks.

DirkPiggler

Baker is the next Hubert Loudermilk.

Where do you get that about Baker?  He's made some good catches in the limited amount of chances he's had.  Remember the catch of a terrible Jones pass against Ole Miss last year?  I can't recall a blatant drop that he's made.  Granted, he's no Fred Biletnikoff, but to compare him to the worst receiver in the last 30 years of Arkansas football is a little harsh.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

Biggus Piggus

Now that's being harsh about Loudermilk!  You should be ashamed.  Baker will be a situational deep threat.  If they could get him into blocking and every-down route running, I bet he would get more reps.
[CENSORED]!

DirkPiggler

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 19, 2005, 07:30:10 am
Now that's being harsh about Loudermilk! You should be ashamed. Baker will be a situational deep threat. If they could get him into blocking and every-down route running, I bet he would get more reps.

That's what I've always thought has held Baker back.  I don't think hands or speed have been a question with him.  He just doesn't seem to be able to learn the routes.  Pretty much all he runs is fly patterns. 

Loudermilk has dropped more sure touchdown opportunities than most Arkansas receivers will ever see.
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

Theolesnort

#7 One thing I observed Sat at the scrimage is that the offensive line is extremely physical, so much so that I could not get a real read on the dline. This was after Tubbs was out. So the question is , is the d front that bad or is the run blocking all that good. I lean in the direction that our dline will not see a better oline than what they practice against every day when the ones work against each other. I have been hearing that even Herring is impressed by the oline's run blocking and physicality. Of course this does not include his being impressed by pass blocking skills. He thinks his guys can get to the qb. If Tubbs can't play very soon I would like to see him redshirt and get 100% for a year when his leadership could really count for something, but if he can get it together in shot order then he ought to play, though at 85% I think some others might be better.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Biggus Piggus

Maybe the real question is how talented.  They're not very good yet.  Do they have the talent to rise up and do something?  I believe we'll have at least one usable QB.

Physical practices with emphasis on hitting.

3. Do we have a MLB?

Probably so, real question is whether Tyrell and Fred can help more inside or outside.  The real difference making LBs in the SEC play outside.  Those players need to do more with less help.  Those are positions where outstanding athletic ability is rewarded.

4. Do we have a FS?

This may not be the same answer all season.  I expect to see several different players get a chance.

Felix Jones is going to get a lot of them.  Same with Hillis.  Others will play as they're healthy.

6. Who's the third WR?

Cedric Logan.

Not if Jonathan Luigs starts there.  We may see several play even if Tubbs returns.  I agree, Tubbs ought to redshirt if he's not going to get in a whole season.

8. How good are our TEs?

Better than last year.  Wes Murphy is OK.  Still don't expect much out of Templeton.

9. Who are the stars on defense?

Marcus Harrison, Fred Bledsoe, Desmond Sims.  Other than those, I like the young backups better, as far as star potential goes.
[CENSORED]!

Oklahawg

Red Richardson hasn't been mentioned regarding CBs much. I thought he did okay once he got over the "deer in the headlights" vs. Bama.

My take on Brown at DE is that the talk isn't so much about his star-potential as his "go hard every play" attitude. Herring is trying to get a lightbulb to go on with some guys with superior talent. Serviceable? Yes. Star? Not yet.

Robert Johnson doesn't have to be John Elway this year for the Hogs to win. He can't be Wade Hill, though, either--a great guy, make no mistake, and a hero of sorts for true Hog fans, but not a D1 QB. We may well catch the SEC defenses down just enough to allow him to get us where we all want to go. I worry about all the Stoerner talk, which continues to nudge his legend forwards with each post. Clint was a very good QB, with a great mind and a game-savvy that remains amazing in my mind. He was not an over-the-top QB skill-wise, but knew how to maximize his skills, and was able to improvise the way QBs are supposed to improvise, checking out of dud plays into good ones.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MCPeePants

Dacus is a placeholder.

Dacus was a pretty highly ranked nationally prep RB and I suspect the reason he's currently at the top of the depth chart at MLB is largely a result of the athleticism he brings to the table. I think he's got the potential to be more than just a placeholder.

That said, I'm not completely sold on him either. I think it's probably 50/50 that one of the freshmens (as Nolan Richardson would say) will be starting at the Mike spot by the time we play USC. 

Bomis Hawg

Dacus was going to be a LB all the way.  He was a FB in HS, as was Hillis.  Dacus can be the guy at middle, or he could just be a guy who rotates in for breaks.  The guy is a hard worker, that is without question.  I'd like to see him stick.  He, Graham, and Fairchild are Freshmen I'd like to stick at LB over the next few years and make some impacts -- like the Miller, Bua, etc group.