Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A serious non-inflamatory question from me

Started by hogsanity, August 17, 2005, 02:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

I have 2 small kids and i coach fall baseball, so i do not have the ability to come to every game ( we play all games on Saturdays ), but I do like to bring my oldest to at least 1 game per year.  How many of you try to get tickets close to or on game day, and if so, what are your best suggestions. 

I know this will get moved to tickets shortly, but, being a slow day, maybe it can stay here for a while.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

abq

You can usually find tickets outside the stadium. I left mine on the dresser a couple years ago and had to pick up two outside the stadium. Got two for face value from a guy walking down Maple.

Brett Hitman Hog

I think you meant anti-inflammatory.  I'd stay away from Bextra, Vioxx and Celebrex .. there is some sort of lawsuit going on.

But seriously, since I was a kid my dad and I would always just hop in the car and drive up to the Hill when we know we could make it to a game.  And we never had any problems getting tickets, and never paid over face value for them outside the stadium.  One time the tickets we bought ended up being in the middle of Tennessee Fans, but that was Nov. 13, 1999, so that made the win even better ... good seats too.

S.P.A.M. Hog

ABQ....good point. I have been able to get tickets before any game I wanted to go to.....however I did not try Texass tickets last year. I got a bargin at the Tulsa game two years ago....two tickets, West side 45 yard line, 20 rows back. FREE! I'm holding up two fingers and a guy drives up in a truck and yells to me...I walk over and he hands me the tickets and says have fun as he drives away. I didn't even get to ask how much. I got out my seating chart and started callin' the hogs!
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hogsanity on August 17, 2005, 02:47:02 pm
I have 2 small kids and i coach fall baseball, so i do not have the ability to come to every game ( we play all games on Saturdays ), but I do like to bring my oldest to at least 1 game per year. How many of you try to get tickets close to or on game day, and if so, what are your best suggestions.

I know this will get moved to tickets shortly, but, being a slow day, maybe it can stay here for a while.

You can get better seats by walking up and looking for people selling, don't buy until you find a good seat on the lower part of the west side or in the red zone. 

JoeBobHog

I have been to almost every Fayetteville game for the last 10 years or so, and I can safely say the ONLY game you couldn't have bought tickets at face value right outside the stadium was the texass game last year.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

WindyCityHog

I haven't attended as many games as JoeBob......but that is true.....You can get a ticket to any game at face value.....and Lord...that hurts to say.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on August 17, 2005, 03:13:05 pm
I haven't attended as many games as JoeBob......but that is true.....You can get a ticket to any game at face value.....and Lord...that hurts to say.

shouldn't hurt to say that.

those tickets are already sold.

it's a comment on the fan, not the team.

WindyCityHog

It "hurts" to say because once a team hits that "mystique", then you're going to pay out the rectum for that tick.....even if you are playing Missouri State.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: JoeBobHog on August 17, 2005, 03:15:46 pm

I guess it would be nice to think the guys selling tickets were breaking the law and scalping them, but that wouldn't really be friendly.

hogsanity

Quote from: JoeBobHog on August 17, 2005, 03:15:46 pm

I dont see it as a comment on the fan.  I know a guy who is a huge fan, but this year his wife is very ill and he probably wont go without her, so he will either give them away or sell them.  People sell tickets for many reasons.

Thanks for all the info, I knew on the couple of trips I have made we didnt have any problems except avoiding guys selling the club seats, man they were everywhere.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JoeBobHog

RBLtoHOG

If i cant get tickets i always enjoy gettin an ice chest of beer and cittin on the hill
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

WILL CLINTON

I have never had any problem getting tickets to any game I have ever been to.  LR, Fayetteville either one.  Last year I went up there with no tickets at the Texas game.  I got 2, in the Texas section, and got to park with in 2 blocks of the Stadium for $100 even.  Up until that fumble, I thought it was going to be the best game ever.  It was still good, and all the Texas fans I had harrassed walked by and shook my hand and told me good game. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

toshortrock

i need a ticket to the vandy game,,can anybody help
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Sbrokeski

Quote from: dubyacee on August 17, 2005, 05:12:51 pm
I have never had any problem getting tickets to any game I have ever been to. LR, Fayetteville either one. Last year I went up there with no tickets at the Texas game. I got 2, in the Texas section, and got to park with in 2 blocks of the Stadium for $100 even. Up until that fumble, I thought it was going to be the best game ever. It was still good, and all the Texas fans I had harrassed walked by and shook my hand and told me good game.
Nice sip?!  You mean they exist?  You would have seen the ugly face if they had lost.
If you pay face value for tix here on gameday on campus then you've got more money than you care to be responsible for or more beer in your stomach than you you care to be responsible for.  I know, that didn't make much sense.

Macgyver_Hawg

I remember getting a couple tickets to a basketball game in 1994 from someone my dad knew.  That was something to cherish because it was really hard to get tickets back then.  You had to know someone who wasn't going to be able to attend the game and hurry and buy their tickets.

Today people are handing out basketball tickets left and right.  I don't remember when the last time I've actually paid for a basketball ticket and I've been to a ton.  They get my money at the snack bar though.

jap66

Quote from: abq on August 17, 2005, 02:49:29 pm
You can usually find tickets outside the stadium. I left mine on the dresser a couple years ago and had to pick up two outside the stadium. Got two for face value from a guy walking down Maple.

This is hindsite now but.....for future reference.
If you are a season ticket holder, it might be worth your time to go to the ticket office or ticket window and plead your case with Mark Scobey. It would be a big help if you could tell him the section, row and seat(s) and naturally have an ID showing you are the season ticket holder. Might work .... might not ... I can't say for sure.
If Mark should issue replacements your seats might be watched during the game to see if the original tickets should show up. If the originals should show, someone would have some splaining to do.

And after all this is said and done, you might be better off doing what you did.

JIHawg

August 18, 2005, 08:08:39 am #18 Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 08:10:42 am by JIHawg
Dress up real clean, with some Razorback something on, take a kid, and go over to the area where all the RV's and camper shell types park for a week during the game, they be sitting out in lawn chairs waiting on the game, proud of their latest bar-be-que cookers.  Walk through these people and hold up two fingers-these people get good seats, somebody usually has some extra tickets, and if they like you and the kid, you'll get motioned over.  Always have the right denomination of money so that doesn't get cumberson.  Make it easy.  The first game of the season is the hardest game to get into every year, have to work hard for those tickets, after that, it's easy, unless it's Texas or some opponent like that, gets a little harder.  Go over there several hours before game time, so you can buy your tickets, get ahead of the scalpers, and go back home and relax up until gametime.  Works every time.

One more thing-the only thing that works better than a kid is a sexy looking chick, with something low cut on.  The man usually has the tickets in his pocket and will make this call.  Catch the wife in the camper and get your tickets.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: JoeBobHog on August 17, 2005, 03:25:32 pm
I misparsed.

a comment on most fans then.

Not the first time you've misparsed in all your thousands of posts. 

JoeBobHog

Quote from: HogInMemphis on August 19, 2005, 12:27:51 pm
Quote from: JoeBobHog on August 17, 2005, 03:25:32 pm
I misparsed.

a comment on most fans then.

Not the first time you've misparsed in all your thousands of posts.

dandy.

junkyardhog

Anyone have any tips on parking CLOSER than Sonic?

DevilHog

corbarion

I've gone to almost every Fay. game for about 30 years (had a stint in the Army and lived away for several years) and have never had season tickets, mainly because I cannot afford to sit where I like and do not like the seats I can afford.  I always get tickets outside the stadium and have never missed a game because lack of tickets.  I've only paid full ticket price on a handful of occations, usually because I got there late and wanted to get in and see the game rather than haggle over ticket prices.  It's also fun to move around the stadium rather than sit in one section or seat year after year.  And believe me, I sit closer to the action than most of you reading this post.  I usually sit no higher than row 20, and not outside the 30 yard lines. And if it weren't for us renegades getting our tickets at the stadium, look at how many empty seats there would be.  And if someone asks you to pay more than face value, remind them that it's illegal and point out the nearest police or university police officer and offer to walk over and verify with them that it's illegal.  I've had to do this a number of times.  Dedication to the hogs doesn't have to come with a price tag.

corbarion

Let me also add that it's harder to get good seats for more than about 2 people.  3-4 tickets together usually end up being in the nose bleed section or you can't find them at all.

HogsRule

on a somewhat related to your original post note, how old was your son when you started taking him to Razorback games? when did he start to appreciate what was going on?
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

HogsRule

**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: hogsanity on August 17, 2005, 02:47:02 pm
I have 2 small kids and i coach fall baseball, so i do not have the ability to come to every game ( we play all games on Saturdays ), but I do like to bring my oldest to at least 1 game per year. How many of you try to get tickets close to or on game day, and if so, what are your best suggestions.

1)  Except for Texas last year, I've never seen a game when you couldn't at least pick up 2 tickets at face value pretty easily.
2)  Fall is for football.  Who ever came up with fall baseball should be drawn and quartered.  It's not like they haven't already changed youth baseball enough over the last 10-15 years by starting earlier and earlier into the spring without going head to head against football in the fall.  Does everyone not remember when youth baseball was a summer sport?

lunchbox72703

Quote from: corbarion on August 19, 2005, 03:08:03 pm
I've gone to almost every Fay. game for about 30 years (had a stint in the Army and lived away for several years) and have never had season tickets, mainly because I cannot afford to sit where I like and do not like the seats I can afford. I always get tickets outside the stadium and have never missed a game because lack of tickets. I've only paid full ticket price on a handful of occations, usually because I got there late and wanted to get in and see the game rather than haggle over ticket prices. It's also fun to move around the stadium rather than sit in one section or seat year after year. And believe me, I sit closer to the action than most of you reading this post. I usually sit no higher than row 20, and not outside the 30 yard lines. And if it weren't for us renegades getting our tickets at the stadium, look at how many empty seats there would be. And if someone asks you to pay more than face value, remind them that it's illegal and point out the nearest police or university police officer and offer to walk over and verify with them that it's illegal. I've had to do this a number of times. Dedication to the hogs doesn't have to come with a price tag.

So, you're the guy who grabbed me last year LOL