Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forde absolutely rips Ohio State...

Started by HogNuttz, January 08, 2008, 11:00:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNuttz

Wow!

I didn't think ESPN employees were allowed to do this to a Big 10 team.  A breif mention of our victory in the article.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

CowHog

haha....they deserve it...I propose 5 year ban on Big Ten teams  being in the NC game

porkenstein

damn. scathing, maybe a little to harsh.

dougieritch

Yeah OSU fans are pissed on the comment section...SEC fans are ripping them!

opineonswine

he brought the wood (must've borrowed it from Dale)

RZRBack_FAN

That was a great article finally someone ripping O State. The Big ten is a weak conference. O State Didnt deserve to be there in the first place.

hawgapalooza

i dont think it was too harsh-after all......espn as a whole hasnt exactly reported much on THE ohio state and their loss. If the loss went the way of the SEC-there would be tons of write ups on their faults and why they loss to THE ohio state.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hawgapalooza

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 08, 2008, 11:11:51 am
I love how patsfan thinks the PAC-10 is "clearly the best conference in the nation"

lol. i know. "clearly" it is.

COCHISE

January 08, 2008, 11:14:05 am #10 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 11:15:50 am by 870 RZR
"They didn't fight back like an SEC team would do"--LSU (back-up) safety Harry Coleman.........OUCH!!! and +1

Hoggish1

Good piece by Forde.  Look for ESPN to switch its focus from Bratwurst belt to the south next year.  Even they are smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall with the coaches the SEC has amassed, excpet for at Ole Sis.

COCHISE

Just when I think I can't hate Pat Forde any more, he goes AND TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF...not really, I still don't like the guy but I do like the article.

The Marmot

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 08, 2008, 11:15:41 am
Good piece by Forde.  Look for ESPN to switch its focus from Bratwurst belt to the south next year.  Even they are smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall with the coaches the SEC has amassed, excpet for at Ole Sis.

Their Big-10/East Coast lovefest will never cease.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

eathill5

I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way.  Ohio State did deserve to be there.   Why?  They only lost one game in a BCS conference.  I am not an OSU apologist because I wanted LSU to drill em.  however,  Why not schedule nobody's and breeze through your big ten schedule to play for a NC.  The system is the problem. Take Michigan for example if they beat A-state and then schedule another weak team instead of Oregon they are playing in the BCS as well.  You would be stupid not too until something is done about the system.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Wild Bill Hog

Strength of schedule should carry far more weight than it does.

dougieritch

Quote from: hawgapalooza on January 08, 2008, 11:12:51 am
i dont think it was too harsh-after all......espn as a whole hasnt exactly reported much on THE ohio state and their loss. If the loss went the way of the SEC-there would be tons of write ups on their faults and why they loss to THE ohio state.

The article was no worse than him ripping Petrino...Pat Forte is a loser, on the B-Team for ESPN.

HogNuttz

Quote from: eathill5 on January 08, 2008, 11:28:43 am
I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way.  Ohio State did deserve to be there.   Why?  They only lost one game in a BCS conference.  I am not an OSU apologist because I wanted LSU to drill em.  however,  Why not schedule nobody's and breeze through your big ten schedule to play for a NC.  The system is the problem. Take Michigan for example if they beat A-state and then schedule another weak team instead of Oregon they are playing in the BCS as well.  You would be stupid not too until something is done about the system.

Your statement is somewhat off mark.  Kansas is in a BCS conference and only lost one game, and their one loss, unlike Ohio State's, was to the current #1 team in the nation.  Kansas did not get invited to the championship game but probably would have won anyway.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

hoosier

I think it was a little over the top. OSU did beat Miami in the NC and they did split with Texas a couple years ago. He made it sound like they were Duke or Buffalo.
Why do writers have to denegrate someone or a school to make a point? Remember how we felt just a couple weeks ago? The majority of what was said and written, and the way it was presented, about Petrino and Arkansas was uncalled for.
Everyone knows that OSU didn't belong in the NC, so why didn't he rip the BCS and the NCAA instead of OSU. It's not the Buckeyes fault for going 11-1. It's the BCS' fault for having a sysyem that sucks.

DeltaBoy

Wow an ESPN Writer really Slams the Little 9 and OSU.

Pat is correct today in his assessment of the Little 2 and the tiny 8 conference.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hoosier on January 08, 2008, 11:55:35 am
I think it was a little over the top. OSU did beat Miami in the NC and they did split with Texas a couple years ago. He made it sound like they were Duke or Buffalo.
Why do writers have to denegrate someone or a school to make a point? Remember how we felt just a couple weeks ago? The majority of what was said and written, and the way it was presented, about Petrino and Arkansas was uncalled for.
Everyone knows that OSU didn't belong in the NC, so why didn't he rip the BCS and the NCAA instead of OSU. It's not the Buckeyes fault for going 11-1. It's the BCS' fault for having a sysyem that sucks.

Completely agree.

I have to admit though.....The over the top lovefest that ESPN gives to OSU, makes me really hate them even though I don't have any other reason to.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

311Hog

January 08, 2008, 12:08:08 pm #21 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:22:32 pm by 311Hog
Quote from: hoosier on January 08, 2008, 11:55:35 am

The point you are missing is that, ESPiN holds or held a "special" candle for OSU. I mean THEY BELIEVED beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was no way OSU would come in and lay an egg for the second straight year, to them it was impossible. I truely believe sometimes that people from the upper midwest and least coast believe they are better then the southern rednecks from the SEC.

And much like the carpetbaggers of old continue to hold down the obvious changes that this country and world is going through. I know i am exaggerating a bit, but i mean watching ESPiN after the game only a hand full of them were honest and the others still had their head in the sand repeating their mantra of excuses.  Fact is in the big game when other teams play SEC teams they lose, the SEC is 4 and 0 in the BCS title game, and when it comes down to voting in who should play people need to start realizing that fact.

julie

Wow.  While the SEC is dominant, OSU's loss boiled down to turnovers, stupid penalties, and a quarterback whose movement in the pocket was like nothing I've ever seen, even in my worst nightmares. 

GoHogs#1

and what is the excuse for the other 8 games?
Go Hogs

AFWarrior83

January 08, 2008, 12:42:46 pm #24 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:44:37 pm by AFWarrior83
Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 08, 2008, 11:55:40 am
Wow an ESPN Writer really Slams the Little 9 and OSU.

Pat is correct today in his assessment of the Little 2 and the tiny 8 conference.

Delta,

- FYI, the Big 10 actually has 11 teams...NOT 10.

As far my thoughts on his article;
- I totally agree with the article, USC should have played LSU in the NC game b/c they BOTH actually played stiff competition. 

- Mizzou should have played OSU.  Arkansas should have played a team like Illinois or Hawaii, clearly USC and Georgia were in a different league than the teams they clobbered. 

- I think Georgia should have played VT or Kansas.
Hogville member since 2005.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

This just shows that 12-0 in most other conferences is about 10-2 in the SEC. The SEC is just that much better top-to-bottom.

Hogs4Ever

What a rip!  Like he said, it's not bragging if you can back it up.  The SEC is THE powerhouse in college football.

Arkansas_Marine

The SEC is a great conference...other conferences are envious of what the SEC has put together in the way of teams and coaches.  The history and honor that has culminated within the SEC overshadows what all other conferences have.  A 1-2 loss team in the SEC is an undefeated team in another conference.  When you have the best its hard to for all to be perfect.

eathill5

The real travesty was that VT played in a BCS bowl.  They only lost to LSU by 70.  Ridiculous they are the most overrated team in America they are mediocre every year.
Get over it.

Fatman

I've been telling you guys for two years now that the SEC is the best conference every year. We don't need to make our non conference schedule top heavy because every year you have the gauntlet to run in our league. If an SEC team goes undefeated they should be crowned NC without even having to play the game!!!

Kevin

they should have created the sec network not the big ten network
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jgphillips3

I think the thing that makes me most proud of our conference is that we are united as SEC members.  When we played in the SWC, I generally pulled for the other teams, but always pulled against Texas even for NC.  This is because the whole league was focused on that one team and the rest of us were there to serve their greater glory. 

Now, in the SEC, we actually pull for our SEC brethren to win when they aren't playing us and there was the whole Tiger team standing behind and around the TV guys shouting, not LSU, but SEC, SEC, SEC...  That is why I am proud to be a member of this conference.  When LSU did that, they showed as players, respect for all the other teams in the league who helped them hone their competetive edge and win that game.

Dirty

Master B

I can't let myself read anything from this clown.  The wounds are still too fresh.  Forde can go bang his mother.

hawgapalooza

excellent post.  it was an incredible feeling when the crowd started chanting SEC.
Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 08, 2008, 01:49:15 pm
I think the thing that makes me most proud of our conference is that we are united as SEC members.  When we played in the SWC, I generally pulled for the other teams, but always pulled against Texas even for NC.  This is because the whole league was focused on that one team and the rest of us were there to serve their greater glory. 

Now, in the SEC, we actually pull for our SEC brethren to win when they aren't playing us and there was the whole Tiger team standing behind and around the TV guys shouting, not LSU, but SEC, SEC, SEC...  That is why I am proud to be a member of this conference.  When LSU did that, they showed as players, respect for all the other teams in the league who helped them hone their competetive edge and win that game.

eathill5

Quote from: Master B on January 08, 2008, 01:55:21 pm
I can't let myself read anything from this clown.  The wounds are still too fresh.  Forde can go bang his mother.

Tell us how you really feel about him.
Get over it.

311Hog

+1 i couldnt agree more. 

SteveInArk

+1  , felt the same way last night.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

hawgslop00

Don't worry they'll kiss and make up soon enough and everything will be back to normal.

spudhog

he did beef up the sec which i liked. but forde just likes to rip on everybody. i bet he spent christmas alone with jim rome

Nap

It's easy for writers to criticize a team.  I don't think this column changes my opinion of Forde.
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: eathill5 on January 08, 2008, 11:28:43 am

You are exactly right.  If a team from a BCS conf goes 7-1 or 8-0 in that conf, they're going to be playing in a BCS game.

Now, if a playoff was formed with taking the top 8 or 10 teams, then the schedule strength should play a huge factor.  A 3 loss SEC team should get in over a 2 loss or 3 loss team from another conf.

Althought Florida got beat in their bowl game, if we had a playoff, i could see no reason why they shouldnt have been in.

The system IS the problem.  Thats why i hate seeing the way we schedule games for the upcoming yrs.  When we have LSU, Bama, Auburn, Florida and Georgia on our conf, why the hell would we be playing anyone but Monroe's and AppSt the rest of the yr?  The hell with Texas.  If we both go 11-1 and they get held out of the NCG, then its their fault they didnt play 5 top 10 teams.  But the way the "system" is now, the SEC gets penalized for playing in a tough conf.  LSU got lucky because WVU lost.  LSU would have played Hawaii and Georgia would have been in the Outback or something.  What a shame that would have been huh?

RazorBassin

I thought such talk was blasphemy?  J/K, finally someone rips the little 10+1.  But you have to give them props for finding a wrinkle in the system.  They have played in 2 NC games the last 2 years.  However, is the embarassment worth it?

Best quote in the article:

QuoteBuckeyes fans are fond of breaking into impromptu group spelling bees, shouting out "O-H-I-O." When an SEC team shows up on the other sideline it should be "O-H-N-O."

Smokehouse

good article, but notice it's after their stomping. I would have been more impressed if he had written an article slamming them before the game.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

rljjr

Ouch, and there was no foreplay first.

Hogdomer

Quote from: HogNuttz on January 08, 2008, 11:46:59 am
Your statement is somewhat off mark.  Kansas is in a BCS conference and only lost one game, and their one loss, unlike Ohio State's, was to the current #1 team in the nation.  Kansas did not get invited to the championship game but probably would have won anyway.

Why is it off the mark?  Kansas did get invited to a BCS game over a team (Mizzou) who beat them head to head and had two losses (both to the same team) because they had to play a tougher schedule.

RhodeHog

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 08, 2008, 11:14:05 am
"They didn't fight back like an SEC team would do"--LSU (back-up) safety Harry Coleman.........OUCH!!! and +1

That was my favorite quote....hilarious!

El Puerco Grande

That was to the point. Now, what ESPiN needs to do is talk about why Florida, QB'd by the Messiah, couldn't beat a Big Ten team that lost to a D1AA team.
How 'bout them hogs?

RazorBassin

Quote from: rjoyner44 on January 08, 2008, 06:30:25 pm
That was to the point. Now, what ESPiN needs to do is talk about why Florida, QB'd by the Messiah, couldn't beat a Big Ten team that lost to a D1AA team.

Yeah, I noticed we haven't seen much about that choke job!

SteveInArk

Quote from: rjoyner44 on January 08, 2008, 06:30:25 pm

+1
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown