Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bob Stoops is 0-4 in last 4 BCS bowls

Started by Orlandoback, January 03, 2008, 12:21:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Tiger

Quote from: HillCreature on January 05, 2008, 02:28:51 am
Alot of OU's stars have come from Oklahoma. But yes they do recruit nationally. Why? Because they can. As far as Oklahoma kids that started for OU this year.......Sam Bradford, Germaine Gresham, DJ Wolfe, Austin Box, Curtis Lofton, Dane Zaslaw, Gerald McCoy....just off the top of my head.

7 out of 22 .UT@Norman needs to avoid the overrated Oklahoma kids. Pathetic football state.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 02:33:08 am

Put down the beer then let's talk...

Quit listening to 40/29 jerking off the SEC, watch some other teams, and then lets talk.

wsgentry

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on January 03, 2008, 09:36:21 pm
Turn the OU logo upside down, and what does it spell?? NO     he he he
Gosh, you are CLEVER.

HillCreature

January 05, 2008, 02:39:48 am #103 Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:41:34 am by HillCreature
Quote from: Purple Tiger on January 05, 2008, 02:32:46 am

7 out of 22 .UT@Norman needs to avoid the overrated Oklahoma kids. Pathetic football state.

Those are just off the top of my head. Guess I could go through the roster and count them but I really don't care that much. Oklahoma has produced plenty of talented kids for the population not to mention the fact that Oklahoma has 3 D1 schools all recruiting the same kids, not to mention the Oklahoma players that are spread among other big 12 teams. It's no Texas but its better than Arkansas. If Arkie could recruit nationally they would too.

wsgentry

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 01:26:17 am

Who cares what the bowl record is?
Why are you even on this board if you're an Oklahoma fan?
Because we are entertained by the ArKANSAS smack.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 02:40:49 am

I'm just saying if you put MO in the SEC and matched them up against the likes of Florida, LSU, Georgia and Auburn there would probably be a different outcome. Just cause they whooped up on Arkansas doesn't mean they're better than the SEC.

Doubt it. Maybe they have one more loss. Maybe not. It's a toss up.
I love how SEC schools always fall back on "the conference" to make up for the fact that they suck. Who cares.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 02:46:46 am

I'm not falling back on the conference. I know Arkansas isn't the cream of the crop just yet, but we're on our way. I'm just saying if you take MO and put them in the SEC, there's some different outcomes.

Based on what. The fact that the local news in Arkie says so. I don't think there would be any real difference at all.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 02:54:14 am

Based on the fact that the speed, toughness, and coaching in the SEC is a step WAY up over any other conference.

Ahhh did you here that from the talking heads in SEC country. I'll mark that one down right next to Big Foot under the title "Myth".

wsgentry

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 02:46:46 am

I'm not falling back on the conference. I know Arkansas isn't the cream of the crop just yet, but we're on our way. I'm just saying if you take MO and put them in the SEC, there's some different outcomes.
Let's be realistic.  How Missouri would do in the SEC is purely hypothical.  How Arkansas would do in the Big 12 is also hypothetical.  Everyone loves their teams.  I am an OU fan and graduate who move to Arkansas in 1982 and had no      for the Hogs.  But since I have been here, all I hear from Hog fans is      for OU.  When you are in the heart of Oklahoma, Arknasas rarely enters into the discussion.  I have to ask myself, is it jealously.  I would like to hear from some sensible Hog fans.

HillCreature

January 05, 2008, 02:57:08 am #109 Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:58:45 am by HillCreature
Or maybe more appropriate than "myth" would be "propaganda".

HillCreature

Quote from: Hawianiceman on January 05, 2008, 02:58:01 am
so why don't you admit what you really. You're just a closet OU fan who just  banwagoned on the Mizzou train this year. Living is crapty Missouri (not better than NWA) you had nothing to cheer, hell with cities like Joplin I would have to become a Sooner fan too.

I'm sorry ur sad and never went to a real school, maybe if you stop posting on a Razorback board out of your moms basement. You might actually get a job, than pay for college, and finallly get some pus-ssy YAY!!!

Or how about KC and StL (Joplins not a city by our standards). Not a closet OU fan. I'll stick up for them when SEC tards bash them just like you guys stick up for all your crappy conference teams.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:02:49 am

Maybe but the fact that we play in the SEC and the SEC W for that matter, shows us that we have it harder than half the Big 12. The SEC W is on a top-to-bottom basis is tougher than the Big 12 South. We have to compete against Auburn, LSU, and Bama - while SC breaths down our neck from the East. This is a damn brutal conf so just stay in ur carseat also called BIg 12 North and suck on dat pacifier.

Completely brainwashed. One day you will be able to think on your own.

wsgentry

Quote from: Hawianiceman on January 05, 2008, 03:01:20 am
Maybe but the fact that we play in the SEC and the SEC W for that matter, shows us that we have it harder than half the Big 12. The SEC W is on a top-to-bottom basis is tougher than the Big 12 South. We have to compete against Auburn, LSU, and Bama - while SC breaths down our neck from the East. This is a damn brutal conf so just stay in ur carseat also called BIg 12 North and suck on dat pacifier
Man, have you been asleep for a month and missed the whipping that the Big 12 North Missouri put on your Hogs.  You must be smoking      .

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:05:04 am

Crappy?!?!? Are you kidding me? YOU just need to leave this board cause you're a jack@$$

Yup. You're conference is just as good as all the rest. But this "SEC superiority" that you tards spue needs to be put to bed. It's just dumb.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:06:52 am

I can think on my own but I also can agree with my fellow Hog fans can't I?

If by argue you mean circle-jerk about the myth of SEC superiority.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:07:56 am

That's why I said AR isn't the best in the SEC and if you did play the best of the SEC day in and day out, you would get your @$$e$ kicked.

So you play LSU 9 games a year?

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:09:31 am

Match up the SEC's and your conference's team from best to worst and I guarantee you we win atleast half of them.

Doubt it. Vandy could beat baylor but after that it's random. If any team has an edge it's slight and not that big of a deal.

HillCreature

The SEC humpers all want to make mountains out of mole hills. Your conference is good but its not the NFL. It's not any better than any other BCS conference and if it has a slight edge one year it's barely even noticeable.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:13:33 am
So now you're going back on your word first you said the little 12 was better than the SEC

No I'll give the nod to the Big 12. I just don't think any conference is all that much better than any other.

wsgentry

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:07:56 am

That's why I said AR isn't the best in the SEC and if you did play the best of the SEC day in and day out, you would get your @$$e$ kicked.
By who? Michigan?

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:24:28 am

No you goon Michigan isn't even the SEC

I don't think you got what he was getting at. (I blame Arkie's education system)

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:16:13 am
other than the SEC right? ;)

The claims made by SEC fans make them look dumb to the rest of the country. The sad part is that you all really believe this. I guess if you say something over and over again you can convince yourself of anything.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:31:06 am

We'll see come Monday

We've already seen. All season. For the last 5 seasons. SEC superiority is a myth that is believed only by retards who want to believe the hype because it makes their own team look better.

wsgentry

Quote from: HogFanAtHeart on January 05, 2008, 03:31:06 am

We'll see come Monday
It is always dangerous to predict bowl game because of the extraculicar activey that transpires.  I don't know who will win but I believe tha OSU has a better coach and and defense. Don't underestimate the Buckeyes but LSU has great atheletes.

wsgentry

Quote from: Hawianiceman on January 05, 2008, 03:46:26 am
No Mizzou beat us fair and square and we beat LSU this fair and square. Just because you beat a team doesn't mean you have the better program, it just means you'll were better on the football field that day.

I respect the big 12 North simply because CU-Boulder is a great place and HUSKER football.
You are correct.  In college football, it is a day by day thing.  Stanford vs. USC>

wsgentry

Quote from: Hawianiceman on January 05, 2008, 04:05:12 am
Gentry are you a OU fan/homer, if so where you from
I am a graduate.  Does it show that much?

OklaU

"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

grayhawg

wsgentry and hill creature are prime examples of the smart azz OU fanbase.

OklaU

Quote from: grayhawg on January 07, 2008, 08:20:55 am
wsgentry and hill creature are prime examples of the smart azz OU fanbase.

In all honesty....don't we all have them? 
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

intoxhog

Quote from: OklaU on January 07, 2008, 06:48:40 pm
In all honesty....don't we all have them? 

Yes  all teams do.

PS i grew up about 5 miles from RRS and will always be a Hog fan... but i went to OU.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz