Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will you root for fellow SEC member LSU or Ohio State?

Started by Tomhog™, January 02, 2008, 03:46:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will you root for in the NC game?

LSU
Ohio State

Annax10

I despise the Big Ten conference.  Especially OSU.  So, for January 7, 2008 only...Geaux Tigers.

TouchdownRazrbcks

Even though I dislike Miles.....I dislike the big 10 more. Go Tigers!

LR Hog

LSU because if they win that will make me fell a little better knowing we beat the National Champions at home this year and after yesterday I need a moral victory.
Like a boss.

kitshicker

SEC.......I have to admit though, I sorta grinned when Florida lost. :)

GolfnHog

Even if an SEC school wasn't in the NC, I'd root against anything Big 10. So I'm staying w/ my friends at LebsianSlutUniversity. ;) :P :-* :puke:
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

WarEagle

I'll be rooting for LSU big-time.  The SEC needs another win over the Big Ten after Florida blew it against Michigan.

The only SEC school I would root against in the MNC game would be Bama. 

Geaux Tigers!
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

waphill

I always root for the other SEC teams at bowl time, however, if Ole Miss ever makes a bowl, I will be rooting for the opposition.

Razorvet

Well it aint gonna help us compete with LSU for recruits if they have another NC ring to show recruits. I hope they lose big. If Kentucky and Arkansas can beat them with our botton half of the SEC recruits then then OSU can drill then after stocking up on talent for five years in the top ten. And sweater vest has so much to make up for last seasons NCG. I just want Miles to look stupid on National TV so recruits will think twice before commiting to his team.

Bigfoot

PulledPork

Razorvet

How many recriuting battles are we in for with OSU? Zero!
LSU? Every single recruit worth getting in gonna be offered by LSU.
We need them to tarnish that record a bit.

fullfan

Arrogant Les Miles, are you kidding me?   No way I will root for the LSU bunch.   Florida last year yes.   I hope LSU gets blown out.    Remember Miles and his Ar-Kansas BS?   They lost 2 and absolutely dogged 2 other wins.

StoernerJonesFan

I know I'll get a bunch of smites for this, but 1/2 of my family is from Ohio/Graduated from OSU...So I have to root Ohio State. 

Plus LSU is close to the top of my $h!t list.

RazorBassin

razzorr1

preach33

I have to root for LSU - for the sake of the Conference.

Has Miles mis-pronounced Ohio yet? 

Torqued pork

Quote from: fullfan on January 02, 2008, 05:50:46 pm
Arrogant Les Miles, are you kidding me?   No way I will root for the LSU bunch.   Florida last year yes.   I hope LSU gets blown out.    Remember Miles and his Ar-Kansas BS?   They lost 2 and absolutely dogged 2 other wins.
As much as I hate the Big 10, I just can't make myself cheer for Coach Rkansas.

Go Luckeyes!

IndyHog76

Living in Big Ten Country, I can't stand hearing about any friggin' Big Ten team.  I've cheered for every SEC team in every bowl game so far (except for Kentucky since I'm an FSU fan).  It is pretty typical for Big Ten fans to not cheer for other Big Ten teams from what I've seen from my friends/co-workers here in Indianapolis.

Razorvet

All Arkansas Fans have to root for OSU. Look at Floridas last recruiting class. Do we need that in Baton Rouge next season? We will pay for losing to Florida when they drag that recruiting class into Fayettville. I hope we win bc it will be the biggest upset this side of APP State.(yes bigger than LSU) I dont want to go through that with LSU for the next four years. Its bad enough watching Bama rise up.

SpiritHog

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

SteveInArk

It's a strange thing, love and hate for a particular football team or conference, ....   when we were in the SWC, I generally didn't care how the rest of the conference did, except I always wanted Texas to lose.  I saved a little dislike for Penn State.  That was in my younger days.  Life was simple!

Now, each year it is basically a work in progess, with a starting point of Hogs--1st, any SEC team--2nd, Big Ten--last.  Depending on who is winning in the SEC, I develop my root for and root against list during conference play.  Then back to full support for the SEC in bowls.

Go LSU--Beat Ohio State.   ... and I still want Texas and Penn State to lose.   :razorback:
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Hogs-n-Roses

Our school will profit from a LSU win. I have many cajun friends, to the extent of them calling me brother. They always pull for us except 1 Fri. each fall.Geaux Tigas!(thats coonass for Tigers)

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

catdog12

Tammany Tom

For those of you rooting for LSU, Thank you!

THE reason why LSU is in the National Championship game over other 2 loss teams like OU and USC is because of one thing: Respect that is given to our conference by the media and coaches. Florida's big win over Ohio State last year cemented big-time respect to our conference. When Auburn was left out and OU was destroyed by USC in the Title game it made a lot of people open up their eyes to the fact that when all things are equal, the SEC champion is more likely than not, the rightful team to be placed into the championship game.

The leagues 6-2 record speaks volumes as to the strength of our conference. There will be a day when Arkansas is going to need the strength of the SEC to propel itself as an at-large BCS team or into the NC game like Florida did last year and we did this year. Even though we fight like dogs during the season, I always want SEC teams to do well during bowl season and against strong out of conference teams.

We all know the grind that is the SEC schedule and what it does to our teams. Other teams from other conferences don't understand that we have to get up week in and week out or we get our head handed to us. In other conferences, all the elite teams have to do is get up once or twice a season for a couple of big games and they are crowned the conference champ.

LSU played and beat more ranked and bowl teams than OU and USC combined. That is why we are playing on Monday night and they will be watching. It is all about our conference and the quality and depth of the programs that are members. It is a great conference with great programs and fans.

Geaux Tigers!! Geaux SEC!!   

SpiritHog

Not a tigers fan......but tonight I am with you Tom!

Maverick Razorback

SEC easy as that. Only SEC team I will have trouble pulling for in the future is Olepiss..might be easier as long as we beat them.
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Gotta go with LSU.  I will never give respect to the Big 10.  If the Big 2... i mean 10 wants to earn respect, then play a damn conference championship game!!!!  its kinda funny how big 10 schools just "slip" their way into the National Champ game when they finish 3 freakin weeks earlier than any of the other BCS eligible schools.

ashleyswine

woodhog14

OneLoneHogAmidstTheSteers

Truth does not become error just because nobody believes it.
-Gandhi

We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work
is the same.

-don Juan Matus
as quoted by Carlos Castaneda

dwbhog

LSU.....I always pull for SEC teams vs non-SEC teams

Hawgin84

CurlyTail

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Porquemada

If there's one team I hate worse than LSU, it's ohio state. Go Tigers.

Tortfeasor

Geaux Tigers.  The one and only time I will pull for LSU.....oh, also when they play TN and Bama.

Wildhog

These are our SEC brethren.  Like the brother you can't stand, and love to see get beat up by other family members, but when a stranger calls 'em out you back them up.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

1highhog

G-MAN

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 02, 2008, 03:46:11 pm
I saw this on a Michigan Message board.  Most every Michigan fan said "GO LSU".  They won't root for the buckeyes for anything.  I realize their rivalry is an historic one compared to the Boot.  But will you root on LSU since they are part of the SEC?

I have to root for all things SEC

ArkieBrat

My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

SamBuckhart

Ohio State game will be boring. Would rather watch Paw-Paw hats video from summer vacation.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Beaverfever

donstoy

Living 5 miles from the La. border, theres NO WAY I can root for LSU, not happening. Im not an OSU fan either but Go Buckeyes!!!!

ashleyswine

Quote from: donstoy on January 02, 2008, 11:01:56 pm
Living 5 miles from the La. border, theres NO WAY I can root for LSU, not happening. Im not an OSU fan either but Go Buckeyes!!!!
i can understand how you feel  i live 9 miles from LA    but i cannot stand OSU  they always back into prominence playing Youngstown St. every year  i hope LSU stomps em for SEC pride

SpiritHog