Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC FOOTBALL

Started by tgrfan23, January 02, 2008, 10:43:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CowHog

Congratulations to Mizzou for a game well played....Congratulations to the Hogs for finally ending the Houston Nutt Era!!!

HoopS

Agreed completely, CowHog.

SemperHawg

Quote from: tgrfan23 on January 02, 2008, 10:43:56 am
OK, you guys have talked smack the last few weeks about how Missouri was soft and couldn't compete with the physical SEC play.  I assume now that you were all joking.  Arkansas took an absolute butt whipping yesterday.  If you call that physical play, then we need to schedule more SEC teams. 

While I completely agree that the tigers were the better team yesterday, do you(or anyone else on here for that matter) honestly belive that the same team we played yesterday could compete in the SEC with the likes of LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Tenn, Fla, ect...  This ain't the Big 12 North where on a favorable year you don't play Texas and OK, In the SEC you can expect to play at least 1 top 10 opponent per year, and multiple other top 25's.  Beat up on an unfocussed, INTERIM  razorback team you certainly were good enogh to do this year, but are you ready to run with the big dogs every year?

Bama Hog™

Quote from: HoopS on January 02, 2008, 12:26:43 pm
Talk all the trash you want Bama.  I was addressing the ones who went over to their boards and talked 10 kinds of crap and when we get served, disappear or if they show up, they talk more crap and look even worse. 

He probably shouldn't come here woofing, but if you read the crap our fans spewed on their boards, you'd probably think the ones who did it deserve the earfull they are getting. 

I played ball and I never liked our fans disrespecting another team and in particular, when they were severly wrong.  I always respected my opponent as a player and try to do the same as a fan.  It almost always bites us in the butt, yet some never learn. 

You know if I'm speaking to you or not.  I hope you were not one that acted like they we're a bunch of turds.  If so, I'd hope that you would have the cajones to go admit you we're wrong.

Just sayin...

I followed a link to their board that was put on Hogville, saw how bad it was put together and left. They need to hire hSv to make them a nice board. Theirs was bunk. Anyway, I am tired of being ticked off, so now I am done with this, I hope. Man we stank yesterday! Ok, there, I am finished....
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

HoopS

Yes, *we stank* yesterday.  :)   we did, no doubt.  To the victor goes the spoils.  Oh well.

Onward and upward.  We've got new leadership and we will be on the good end plenty under Petrino.  He's assembling one heckuva staff.   I'm totally behind him and ready to move on. 

This Spring should be exciting.

Woody Hog Pecker

SEC still #1 Football Conference with Big 12 not far behind

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

January 02, 2008, 12:56:10 pm #56 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:58:50 pm by ShortHog
Quote from: tgrfan23 on January 02, 2008, 10:43:56 am
OK, you guys have talked smack the last few weeks about how Missouri was soft and couldn't compete with the physical SEC play.  I assume now that you were all joking.  Arkansas took an absolute butt whipping yesterday.  If you call that physical play, then we need to schedule more SEC teams. 

I have to admit, I thought the score would be closer, but I always had Mizzou picked to win. There is a reason they are #6 in the nation and the hogs are not ranked. Mizzou should have been where Hawaii was and someone else playing against us in the Cotton Bowl. Still, it probably would not have mattered who we played. We were destined to lose this time. With all the drama this season, the coach "resigning", most of the coaches for the game were employed by Ol  Miss, the long coaching seach, the bad publicity about the new coach, the fact that everyone knows our best players are going to be gone, and the fact that most of the rest of the players have no idea who their position coaches might be set us up to lose. The teams was flatter than a two-day old coke. This was especially evident in the offensive line. They did a horrible job blocking. The D line was not a lot better. Daniel could have had wrote a book back there. No one got any pressure on his all day. We may have not have been as good as Mizzou, but we were not as bad as we appeared to be yesterday.

Mr. Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on January 02, 2008, 10:59:55 am
I got plenty o' pride my friend. But I also realize we got our asses handed to us in our southern house. We have nothing to talk stuff about when it comes to what happened yesterday.
Marmot,
For once I actually agree with you !
Go Hogs Go!

kinghog

My hats off to Missouri and their very successful season...however one would expect a team that has lost their head coach along with several others not to play quite up to par.  As far as the SEC vs. the Big 12 is concerned...The big 12 north has been a joke for quite some time...OU and Texas own the Big 12 and that is not going soon change...The big 12 has 3 maybe 4 good teams per year while the SEC has at least 6 or 8...I think we have 9 teams in bowl games this year...The SEC is THE football conference in America...and it's not just the Arkansas fans saying that...Most sports writers and reporters have said it to...You put Missouri on either side of our conference and let them play a full season of SEC football and they go .500.  By the way, the SEC puts more players in the NFL than any other conference... 

Keyser Sooieze

My prob. isn't with the Big 12, at least they play a conference championship game.  What ticks me off are the confernces who don't play a championship and then get into the BCS Nat'l championship because they have one less loss than teams that have.  (Read Ohio St., who will get squashed for the second year in a row)  I would much rather see Oklahoma play LSU or even USC play LSU in the championship game--or hell, even OK vs. USC.  Same goes with confernce championship teams that go to the conf. champ. then lose.  Why do they get shafted down the ladder to a non-BCS bowl just because the team they beat in their division has a better record simply because they didn't go to the conf. championship and then lose.  If we're going to keep the bowl system, we should at least get it right.  Missiouri should have played in the orange bowl.  I don't know if we could have even beat Kansas with how we played yesterday, but Missouri did deserve a better bowl.  They looked good. 

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: Bama Hog™ on January 02, 2008, 10:44:38 am
Come to B'Ham and I will make you a fresh samich you punk!

Is this the place where ULM beat Alabama?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

HOG1947

We stumble across the truth from time to time but
most of us pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off,
and proceed as if nothing happened.

The art of Diplomacy is being able to say "good dog" until you can find a big rock.

cthog99

6-2 this bowl season. enough said

Hogginitall

Look, Arkansas was not ranked in the BCS and Missouri was #6 in the BCS.  Arkansas was MAYBE the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC this year, Missouri was arguably the 2nd best team in the Big XII this year.  This is what SHOULD'VE happened.  Don't get too excited about a win over the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC (that also had a lame-duck coaching staff). 

It's sad that you Mizzou fans think that this game is an indication of the relative strength of each conference.  Get a real football program sometime in the near future, where you won't feel the need to celebrate a win over the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC like it was the National Championship.  Losers.......

budcampbellfan

The coaching situation was the difference.  Besides that, you can't go on anything this Arkansas bunch does  (meaning player/coaches combo).  They are hot and cold.  You never know with them.  That was my problem with nut the whole time.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Bama Hog™

January 02, 2008, 02:10:07 pm #65 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:16:21 pm by Bama Hog™
Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on January 02, 2008, 01:17:15 pm
Is this the place where ULM beat Alabama?

Sorry, but you lost me. They (ULM) beat them (Tide) in Tuscaloosa, but what does that have to do with this? I was born and raised in NWA and graduated from The U of A. I live here for work. Not sure what your point is?

My point was that if this Mizzou punk that started this Godforesaken thread is ever in B'Ham, I will make him a fresh squeezed samich. 
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine.