Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was there sabotage today?

Started by Razorfox, January 01, 2008, 03:43:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorfox

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but this was SO BAD that I can't help but wonder.  Did our entire staff (going to Ole Miss and TX A&M) plus some disgruntled players sabotage us today? 

Even if they didn't lose on purpose, I seriously have to question if they gave any positive effort at all.

I've never seen Razorbacks look to care that little about winning before.  PATHETIC!!!!

>:(

Jim

Highly doubt any of the "conspiracy" theories out there.

However, as far as heart & effort go, there wasn't much of that at all from Arkansas today.

The Hawg Marshal

ark30inf

Not on the player's part for sure. 

I thought the conspiracy theories were crazy......but handing the ball to them at midfield down 14 after half made me wonder.  That was the second dumbest thing I have ever seen.....the first dumbest was also in this game.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

go hogues

I don't think you could be that bad if you tried.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Big Daddy

Cracker Jack

No conspiracy......just no coaching.  Reggie tried hard, but could not overcome David Lee.  And to think we ran off a great young coach and OC of the Year to get this guy FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!!  NO conspiracy.........just HDN's enormous ego still haunting us!

preach33

The coaching staff was just ready to get out of Ar and on to Ms - goodbye

The real Hogules

No, of course not!

It was just a bunch of lousy coaches being lousy coaches.

We have better days ahead of us.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Master B

You think???

Did you watch them run the fake punt twice, even after the timeout?

ark30inf

Quote from: hoghearted on January 01, 2008, 04:23:29 pm
Makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Blowing a fake punt with a timeout and THEN coming back with the same fake punt......in an obvious manner.  That is criminally stupid or criminally evil.  I guess I am still going with criminally stupid.

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

arkjarhead

When I heard Herring was coaching the game I thought we'd lose. When I heard he was going to A&M I knew we'd lose. Not that I think one man can completely throw a game. Our players made some bad moves. I mean RH got thrust from being an Assitant in the regular season to a hc in the bowl game. There wasn't any pressure on him though. He'll be leaving soon.
Argument between me and the wife:
Her: I'm not talking about you I'm talking about tapeworms.
Me: No you're not. You're talking about me talking about tapeworms.
Score to date: Her:1,000,000       Me:1

Honey

Quote from: ark30inf on January 01, 2008, 04:22:31 pm
Not on the player's part for sure. 

I thought the conspiracy theories were crazy......but handing the ball to them at midfield down 14 after half made me wonder.  That was the second dumbest thing I have ever seen.....the first dumbest was also in this game.

Who called that play anyway?  Even us women (who arent supposed to know anything about football ) thought that was a dumb call.  why would we give it to them at half field?

TNhogfan

I think it might be some of what Steve Spurrier faced when he left Duke for UF, but tried to coach the Dukies in the bowl game.  He said that he got in some guys faces early in the game after mistakes and they just shrugged their shoulders and smiled at him.  Then he realized that all the players knew that as soon as the final whistle blew, he was off to Gainesville and there was nothing he could do to them.  It is simply not wise or useful to have a lame duck staff in a bowl game.  While it was really strange to see a team implement a whole new offense like AU did against Clemson, you can bet all of the returning players were busting it last night to impress the new OC.

Hogphilia

These coaches threw this game....They are Ole Piss employees now....they have been recruiting the same players in Ark that have already committed to the Hogs to try to get them to change their committment....they didn't want Ark to win and look good to these recruits...they want them at Ole Miss...

They are unethical...all the ingredients for throwing the game were there and the evidence appeared on the field....They should be banned from football.

Master B

If David Lee showed up TCTWF, he would have HELL to pay back in Oxford.  You can bet your arse, remember TCTWF holds grudges against 18 yr olds.

elkhog

All I can say is I'm glad Reggie did not get the HC job.  After today's performance, I don't think anybody will have to ever worry about that happening. Two fake punts in a row?  Come on!  He's gone Nutty! 
GO HOGS!!!

ronmahony

Quote from: Honey on January 01, 2008, 04:31:12 pm
Who called that play anyway?  Even us women (who arent supposed to know anything about football ) thought that was a dumb call.  why would we give it to them at half field?

That had to of been the dumbest play I've ever seen. Before that we were looking pretty good. I don't know.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Master B

Quote from: Hogphilia on January 01, 2008, 04:32:52 pm

They are unethical...all the ingredients for throwing the game were there and the evidence appeared on the field....They should be banned from football.

Unethical, exactly!!!   But I also could go with the fact that they are just stupid.

HogInBflo

I agree that having coaches working for us and recruiting for other schools is ridiculous but the conspiriacy theory is just stupid.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Master B on January 01, 2008, 04:33:21 pm
If David Lee showed up TCTWF, he would have HELL to pay back in Oxford.  You can bet your arse, remember TCTWF holds grudges against 18 yr olds.

Bingo!

Masshog

My feets hurt.

Tommy2Hog

Well now after all. He did have 3 other teams looking to hire him before Arkansas hired him.

Razorfox

Have you EVER seen a Razorback team look that bad?  I would say no.

Have we had bad coaching before today?  I would say yes.

What's the difference?  The coaches (and maybe even some of the players) didn't want Arkansas to win. 

I can see no better explanation for how bad we were today.

Bob from Dumas

I don't buy the conspiracy theories.  Coaches and players are competitive and want to win.  We played a better them that kicked our tails today.  Defensive strategy was bad and we had the same old problems on offense when someone stops the run.  When things started going bad, it just snowballed on us.  I agree that the coaching situation was not the best, but the administration had no choice.

slopinhogs

Reggie wasn't calling the plays folks Lee was.a nutt lover if oi ever saw one. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Hogwaller

I say nobody gave a flying crap today.

Razorfox

We beat the number one team in the country the last time we played with basically the same coaches and players.  Coaching and scheme doesn't completely explain the missed tackles, lazy play, lacking of blocking, etc. that we saw today. 

Sorry, but the conspiracy theory actually explains more in this case. 

Hogphilia

Quote from: Master B on January 01, 2008, 04:33:21 pm

You are exactly right and that is why I say these coaches threw this game today....

The Hawg Marshal

If anyone thinks that these coaches really cared about winning this game, then I don't know what to say. It was obvious to me they just went through the motions. Honestly that was as bad of offensive playcalling as I have seen. And they made no defensive adjustments. If you want to call that a conspiracy theory then so be it. Something is fishy.

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: Razorfox on January 01, 2008, 04:49:33 pm
We beat the number one team in the country the last time we played with basically the same coaches and players.  Coaching and scheme doesn't completely explain the missed tackles, lazy play, lacking of blocking, etc. that we saw today. 

Sorry, but the conspiracy theory actually explains more in this case. 

MO spread us out and we sold out to stop the pass.  They gashed us with the runs.  Granted we missed some tackles and generally played without enthusiasm.  Missouri was better today.  Not sure they are 4 TDs better, but they are better.  Thank goodness this coaching staff has coached their last game for the Razorbacks.  But I don't believe the intentionally threw this game.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogphilia on January 01, 2008, 04:32:52 pm
These coaches threw this game....They are Ole Piss employees now....they have been recruiting the same players in Ark that have already committed to the Hogs to try to get them to change their committment....they didn't want Ark to win and look good to these recruits...they want them at Ole Miss...

You are being really kind just calling them unethical...

Sivad

Bet ole 2X4 and her husband Hootie loved it.

His overpaid band of merry murray staters and assorted losers accomplished just what he wanted.

FAABrad

Maybe a little apathy but I doubt there was any "sabotage".

hogturtle

This group of coaches isn't smart enough to consciously sabotage the game without it really being obvious. It was just a continuation of ten years of truly amazing incompetence.

Preston Lewis

No Sabotage, but it just proved how much prep has to go into being a successful program.  If the foundation isn't there, you can't really change things in 1 month. 

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: hogturtle on January 01, 2008, 05:00:45 pm
This group of coaches isn't smart enough to consciously sabotage the game without it really being obvious. It was just a continuation of ten years of truly amazing incompetence.

Bingo.  We were outcoached.

secfan30

Quote from: ark30inf on January 01, 2008, 04:30:39 pm
Blowing a fake punt with a timeout and THEN coming back with the same fake punt......in an obvious manner.  That is criminally stupid or criminally evil.  I guess I am still going with criminally stupid.

I am just getting on, has it been said what idiot called the TO when we first did the fake?

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bob from Dumas on January 01, 2008, 04:46:50 pm
I don't buy the conspiracy theories.  Coaches and players are competitive and want to win.  We played a better them that kicked our tails today.  Defensive strategy was bad and we had the same old problems on offense when someone stops the run.  When things started going bad, it just snowballed on us.  I agree that the coaching situation was not the best, but the administration had no choice.

The fact the administration had no choice is an indictment of them.  They made bad agreements with fools for 10 years. 

Shuga Town HEMI

how is it a theory...anyone watching the game could tell the players weren't even trying...every time we had the ball and it looked like we were doing something, we fumbled. Mizzou is not that good guys, definitely not good enough for a blowout like that. I dont believe in the theories either, but I seen the razorbacks throwing the game with my own eyes...in high def.

DeltaBoy

Yes the MSM and Nutt boys laid an egg to punish the Darksiders who helped run their boy off to olemiss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

the wife

Quote from: Honey on January 01, 2008, 04:31:12 pm

I agree...even I knew it was stupid.

granny grunt

After watching that terrible game,  I'd believe anything might have taken place.   I don't think the coaches cared,  I don't think the players cared,  and I know I didn't care as much as I used to....
Next year,  I'll care a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!   Go Hogs!!!!!

NWASooner

Maybe Missouri is just that much better.  They're a very good team.

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 01, 2008, 05:04:34 pm
The fact the administration had no choice is an indictment of them.  They made bad agreements with fools for 10 years. 

All I am saying is, when Nutt left, we knew we would be going to a bowl game.  We also knew there would be no guarantee that we would have a coach hired in time to assemble a staff and coach the game.  They had to lock up the assistant coaches to coach the bowl game.  Hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been better to allow Petrino to put together a staff and coach the bowl game.  After all, it has been done that way before.  There was no way to know - they did the best they could.

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: granny grunt on January 01, 2008, 05:16:34 pm
After watching that terrible game,  I'd believe anything might have taken place.   I don't think the coaches cared,  I don't think the players cared,  and I know I didn't care as much as I used to....
Next year,  I'll care a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!   Go Hogs!!!!!

I'm with you on that Granny Grunt.  +1!!

OKCHogFan

Pat Jones said on the Sports Animal 104.9 for 2 weeks that coaches leaving will hurt the bowl team.
Asst coaches who stay don't have their heart or head in the game.  They are concerned with moving, ect.  What hurts more is that at least 3 former Razorbacks were part of this coaching debacle.  Shibest, Nutt and Campbell.  They should be banned from lettermen/razorback activities in the future.