Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Little Unrest in "Rebel Land" concerning Recruiting

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 30, 2007, 02:02:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moose1985

Quote from: wdremington on December 30, 2007, 10:29:57 am
So when Nutt is an unmitigated failure at Ole Miss will we finally be able to hear the last of "he's a very good coach" or will his fluffers spin one 7-win season out of the next three (with Orgeron's recruits) into some sort of great revival?

"Nutt is a good coach."  I hope he stays at Ole Miss a long, long time!  It should be an easy Hogg win while he's there and one I'll relish each year.  Just run a balanced offensive attack and stack the box on defense.  No worry with special teams.

hogsrbad

Most of those posts appear to be very positive towards Nutt. They are very happy that he is there and have realistic expectations.

Hawgvillain

I just think it's hilarious that the old "stars are overrated" argument has appeared within 1 month of his hire down there.  Hilarious!

PetinoHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 30, 2007, 02:02:35 am
Coach HDN seems so enamoured with current Arkansas verbals that the Ole Miss Class is slipping away - Click Me

Dumb Reb fans, I saw where a couple of them refered to Nutt as a "coach".  Boy are they in for a surprise.

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: The Restless Native on December 30, 2007, 12:42:54 pm
That 1.8 million gives Ole Piss fans that priceless game management package, plus some wonderfully zanny off-field antics as well, Bob!

Mr. Restless Native Moderator Sir,

I am in awe of your karma ratio!!!

The best thing about Nutt's off the field antics, is that we can watch him implode without effecting the team that we love!!

Bigfoot

Quote from: The Boar War on December 30, 2007, 02:26:22 am
That didn't take long.  Nutt already has his detractors and he hasn't even called a draw on 3rd and long.  I can't wait till they see his two minute offense.
yeah. but every coach has his detractor's or haters from the get-go.

Slackavelli

Quote from: HogHillbilly on December 30, 2007, 09:19:28 am

Beat me to it...............What made Old Piss think that HDN could get it done there and not Arkansas
Beating LSU is to them like walking on water! Nutt= Messiah to oldPiss.  OMG thats funny

PORKER1

That fence he built around Arkansas has a hole in it and now HE is using it.

tophawg19

reaganite we need to send them the banners . they will soon need them
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

dkimb4

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 30, 2007, 02:36:25 am
God that was fun to read. They are starting to figure things out, but it will take them a lot of time...

I was thinking the same thing.. His crap will not be overlooked for long over there.. He will be coaching High School football in 10 years..

jkstock04

Quote from: The Restless Native on December 30, 2007, 12:42:54 pm
That 1.8 million gives Ole Piss fans that priceless game management package, plus some wonderfully zanny off-field antics as well, Bob!
Wait til they see his 2 minute offense...or lack of one.  I will forever be amazed, that we didn't have a 2 minute offense...when I was in jr. high we had this.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Justifiable Hogicide

Nutt is such a thin-skinned vindictive little moron that he is now letting his first and foremost recruiting goal for Ole Miss be to raid the Razorback committments.

Fortunately for the Hogs, Nutt just can't make himself work too hard at recruiting.

AnthroHog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on December 30, 2007, 07:41:20 pm
Nutt is such a thin-skinned vindictive little moron that he is now letting his first and foremost recruiting goal for Ole Miss be to raid the Razorback committments.

Fortunately for the Hogs, Nutt just can't make himself work too hard at recruiting.

What other current Razorback commitments are taking a visit to Ole Miss besides: De'Anthony Curtis, Thomas Shuler, Josh Tatum, Marcal Robinson, and Devin Thomas?

hirebutchdavis

By the look of that, Nutt has them exactly where he wants them.  lol.  It will take them a couple of years to see his true colors and the posse revealed.  lmao. 

LuckyGiraffe

I like the comment about how he takes walk-ons and turns them into all-conference players just about every year!!! Someone correct me, but I don't think the Hogs have ever had a walk-on become an all-conference player during the Nutt Error.

It is crazy all the crap that those Rebs will make up to make themselves feel better!!! :)

JIHawg

Nutt could spend so much time working on his own agenda (getting back at Arkansas, recruit our players) that he doesn't get around to Ol Ms's agenda (recruiting committed and interested Ole Ms players).

Sound familiar?

haveabeer

Brandon Burlsworth was a walk on that not only was all-conf but also all-American. The guy must have meant every decade. That's coaching as the guy posted. I wonder what he thinks that says about the last nine years of coaching.

SpiritHog

Reading their thread brings back memories that are not........................well............precious or special.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Hogs12

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 30, 2007, 07:48:01 pm
What other current Razorback commitments are taking a visit to Ole Miss besides: De'Anthony Curtis, Thomas Shuler, Josh Tatum, Marcal Robinson, and Devin Thomas?
I do not know who else is taking a visit but I just do not think it means all that much. By that time, the staff will be complete at Arkansas. They will see who the coaches are and will remain committed to Arkansas after all their visits. They will see "Well the staff at Arkansas has guys who have coached in the NFL and brought plenty of people in the NFL, they also has proven to be a great offense". I know the staff at Ole Miss has brought people to the NFL but would you rather be in a balanced offense where you most likely get touches if you are a stud( Feed the Stud) or play in an offense that is very predictable? I would def. pick the balances and high-scoring one.

hogsanity

He is taking over a team that went 0-8 in the SEC, and saw many of their best recruits not even make it to campus.  He may get run off, but it will take many more than 3 years for it to happen. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

billymac

Why the hell does anyone care??? It seems that 99% of people on this site wanted him gone... so.. hes gone.. now lets leave him alone... we now have bobby, so lets concentrait on OUR recruits... i honestly think alot of people on here are Nutt stalkers

AnthroHog

Quote from: Hogs12 on December 30, 2007, 09:38:43 pm
  I do not know who else is taking a visit but I just do not think it means all that much. By that time, the staff will be complete at Arkansas. They will see who the coaches are and will remain committed to Arkansas after all their visits. They will see "Well the staff at Arkansas has guys who have coached in the NFL and brought plenty of people in the NFL, they also has proven to be a great offense". I know the staff at Ole Miss has brought people to the NFL but would you rather be in a balanced offense where you most likely get touches if you are a stud( Feed the Stud) or play in an offense that is very predictable? I would def. pick the balances and high-scoring one.

I think it would be an easy choice to play in an offense as potent as Petrino's as opposed to the same plays over and over again.  I was just curious about which of our other recruits were visiting Ole Miss since Devin Thomas has been my favorite recruit in this class since I first heard of him and was surprised that he'd set up a visit to Ole Miss.

wildturkey8

Haveabeer:  If I am not mistaken, Brandon Burlsworth was a senior HDN's first year.  I believe that most of the credit for "developing him" must go to Danny Ford and staff. :razorback:

qhhog

Robin01 posted: "Everyone should be in agreement that the Number One recruiting priority this year for the Rebels is QB. It's going to be very interesting to see what Coach Nutt comes up with."
LMAO Interesting indeed.  If they only knew!
If you always think what you've always thought, you'll always say what you've always said.  If you always say what you always said you'll always do what you've always done.  If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time for a change.  Change=BP WPS GHG

pioneerhawg

are you sure you didn't accidently link to Hogville with an OM skin?
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  William "Hogville" Shakespeare

Sivad

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 30, 2007, 02:02:35 am
Coach HDN seems so enamoured with current Arkansas verbals that the Ole Miss Class is slipping away.

Nutt's silly and juvenile focus on "payback" for Arkansas firing him is going to dig him an even bigger hole at Ole Miss.

TMooney

Visits are free . All kids like to have a trip like that unless theyve been on too many. Its a big deal to a kid thats been looking at high school girls.

SpiritHog

Quote from: TMooney on December 30, 2007, 10:45:20 pm
Visits are free . All kids like to have a trip like that unless theyve been on too many. Its a big deal to a kid thats been looking at high school girls.

But to Oxford?  Crummy town.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Bob from Dumas

Quote from: SPIRITHOG on December 30, 2007, 10:47:20 pm
But to Oxford?  Crummy town.

One of the highest concentration of beautiful women on this earth!!

Shizzle

Nutt is looking for those "hidden gems" that no other caoch in America has a line on.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

natehog

I would love to see Nutt have to step down to HS football.  He does not deserve the Ole Miss or any other college job.  I can just see his crap at the HS level.   Oh well, he should have enough of our money to retire.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: PhotHOGrapher on December 30, 2007, 07:30:09 am
Don't those guys in Mississippi know that recruiting is overrated?

He only looks for those "hidden gems" and throws every one that works out back in the face of the fans!  What a loser!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: Bob from Dumas on December 30, 2007, 11:40:29 am
The "lazy" recruiter part of your post hits the nail on the head. 

Compare HDN's hiring at Ole Miss to BP here at Arkansas.  Nutt immediately tried to get 5 assistant coaches to come down there for a full week to "help" him with recruiting.  When BP was hired he was out the next day canvassing the state to personnally speak to each of our top recruits.  He did this with one other coach (Horton) until brother Paul joined the staff right before the quiet period.

Nutt wanted our assistants (at least until the bowl game) down there to do his work.  Nevermind that it created a huge conflict of interest.  All that matters to Nutt is what is best for Nutt.  Thank goodness Long and the Ole Miss chancellor stepped in and nipped that problem in the bud.

I thought when HDN left and we got a great coach that I wouldn't care about him or what happened to him.  Wrong.  I think I despise him more.  I want to beat Ole Miss every year.  I want their recruits and ours.  I want him walked out of there in shame like he should have been here.
damn right

hogman64

Quote from: The Restless Native on December 30, 2007, 12:23:22 pm
The fans at Ole Miss are ALREADY making excuses for Nutt.  Obviously, they know the M.O.  It is either make excuses and pretend that there are valid reasons for the deficits in team management; or, see through all of the weak posturing on Nutt's part and get down right disenchanted with him as a leader. 

Soon the Ole Miss fan base will polarize into two camps -- those naive huggers who hang on to any excuse as a valid argument and those who want a better program who just can't handle all of Nutt's BS.  It looks like it is happeneing sooner for their program than it did for Arkansas.

It will happen faster, mainly because of the baggage he is taking with him, they will be "on to him" quicker.........I would say the polarized fan base will be very apparent during year 3 , get pretty bad year 4

JIHawg

Quote from: hogman64 on December 31, 2007, 12:43:47 am
It will happen faster, mainly because of the baggage he is taking with him, they will be "on to him" quicker.........I would say the polarized fan base will be very apparent during year 3 , get pretty bad year 4

If he shoots out of the gate this year with some wins, he will have a short honeymoon.  If not, with all the Arkansas fans ragging on him to the Ole Ms fans, they'll figure it out in a year or two IMO.

ArkieBrat

The 1st cracks to appear will be when HDN will have to account to the AD.  When was the last time that he had to explain ANYTHING to JFB?  Simply put, JFB had never held HDN accountable for anything.  Mark my words, his thin-skinned pettiness, over inflated ego, and stubborn streak will get him into hot water with the OleMS AD when he is called upon to explain his actions.  I seriously doubt that it will take more than 2 or 3 years for this to happen.  Just my opinion.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

MM-gohogs

Quote from: jmark on December 30, 2007, 12:04:56 pm
Maybe Frank can help him recruit.  He approved the extra recriting help.  And Dick Shaffer thinks all is fair in love and war. 

Frank feels so bad for Hooten, he may not attend the UA/Ol'e Piss game, ...even though he's still on the UA payroll.

Ol'e Miss, you asked for it, you paid for it, ...you got it.

the thirty day return policy is up!
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

MM-gohogs

Quote from: ArkieBrat on December 31, 2007, 01:01:18 am
The 1st cracks to appear will be when HDN will have to account to the AD.  When was the last time that he had to explain ANYTHING to JFB?  Simply put, JFB had never held HDN accountable for anything.  Mark my words, his thin-skinned pettiness, over inflated ego, and stubborn streak will get him into hot water with the OleMS AD when he is called upon to explain his actions.  I seriously doubt that it will take more than 2 or 3 years for this to happen.  Just my opinion.

yeah but i don't know if ole miss has the $$$ to buy his contract out, it's ole miss... they're stuck with him.
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

TheNuttlessFrontier

QuoteRobin01 posted: "Everyone should be in agreement that the Number One recruiting priority this year for the Rebels is QB. It's going to be very interesting to see what Coach Nutt comes up with."
LMAO Interesting indeed.  If they only knew!

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on December 30, 2007, 11:51:40 pm
Beat me to it.  They are in for a major letdown. 

That's some funny crap! 

QB's?!  Hootie don't need no stinkin' QB's!!

nahnahrenee

Quote from: The Boar War on December 30, 2007, 02:26:22 am
That didn't take long.  Nutt already has his detractors and he hasn't even called a draw on 3rd and long.  I can't wait till they see his two minute offense.

Only 5% or so I'm sure
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

Albert Einswine

Quote from: haveabeer on December 30, 2007, 09:08:51 pm
Brandon Burlsworth was a walk on that not only was all-conf but also all-American. The guy must have meant every decade. That's coaching as the guy posted. I wonder what he thinks that says about the last nine years of coaching.

Brandon Burlsworth was Danny Ford's walk-on and was a Senior with plenty of non-Nutt related accolades going into the '98 season,  Nutt's first at Arkansas.

Nutt gets ZERO credit (or Markuson for that matter) in the development of Burlsworth.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

idochog

Dont count Nutt out to last longer than expected for ONE REASON:

HE is a supreme A$$ kisser, so that will buy him a few years past when he should of been let go.

Nutt learns one thing quickly, which booster and which people to attach himself to their back-end (eg See Jim Lindsey)
I love Jesus!

bhuie

QuotePorknoxville:  ...I'm a big time Nutt fan, and I've seen what kind of staff he puts together and the production that he gets from his players. Don't worry about MSU, Vdy, SC KY anymore and look at competing on equal or better terms than Aub, Ark and Bama. I can see the 7-9 wins coming your way virtually every year.

He has an All SEC player just about every year, that was a walkon. You tell me if that isn't coaching. Who gives a crap if you don't get all the 4 and 5 star players. That kinda stuff is for losers.

This likely could be our very own Big Deal.  Man, are OM fans in for a big surprise...

Hawgon

Quote from: hogman64 on December 31, 2007, 12:43:47 am

The only polarization will be between those who think he needs a little more time and those ready to can his ass.  After that, they will all be united in wanting him gone.  He won't have the good old boy network native sone bs that protected him for so long up here.

havok

Quote from: idochog on December 31, 2007, 06:23:14 am
Dont count Nutt out to last longer than expected for ONE REASON:

HE is a supreme A$$ kisser, so that will buy him a few years past when he should of been let go.

Nutt learns one thing quickly, which booster and which people to attach himself to their back-end (eg See Jim Lindsey)

True... he had Archie Manning all but carry him across the Threshold into the press conference when he was announced there.

Archie is running the risk of having his good name soiled at Oxford, by hooking his wagon to this sociopathic, egomaniac Star in his own mind.  he already looks like an idiot with his crying and manipulating the NFL over his son's draft status...so this forcing nutt on the program deal would be yet another reason people would cringe when he comes around.

Earl

Quote from: Bob from Dumas on December 30, 2007, 10:56:19 pm
One of the highest concentration of beautiful women on this earth!!

Yep, Ole Piss has the most beautiful women hands down...

notreseveredname

December 31, 2007, 12:10:00 pm #96 Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 12:14:32 pm by notreseveredname
Quote from: Shizzle on December 30, 2007, 10:58:17 pm
Nutt is looking for those "hidden gems" that no other caoch in America has a line on.

Yeah, Like Ryan Mallett at TE

I am curious on how well Jevan Sneed will develop at Ole Miss,

spudhog

this read should be put on hdn's website. you are what you are. every single fan has the same thing to say about hdn. it must be true:)

RazorBassin

QuoteThis wasn't an upgrade. Remove Orgeron from the equation and it's merely a sidegrade. My point is that Nutt won't take us the "next level," merely return us to the "mediocrity" we claimed we wouldn't accept.

That right there is hilarious!

toozakpig

Bob from Dumas has brought up a great point that I did not realize. BP on his second full day on the job was out driving the state for recruiting while Hooten was using the excuse of waiting on a staff and he needed to evaluate the talent. The question I have is does the CIA work for BP because it seems to be there was no pre-evaluation of talent. BP trusted Horton concerning the talent.