Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The reason we lost to ASU

Started by bigpigfan, December 28, 2007, 05:26:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigfan

The reason we lost is because they shot lights out.  Overall I didn't think we played that bad of a game.  I believe ASU could have beat most of the teams in the country shooting the way they did.  Here are their shooting stats...

Game: 28-42 66.7%  FG
Game: 6-12 50.0%   3PT 
Game: 12-12 100.0%  FT!!!!!!

they simply played the best game they will play all year against one of the best defenses they will play all year

rude1

I hate that analogy. "THEY SHOT LIGHTS OUT". Aren't we supposed to be guarding them? The other team shooting lights out means your defense stunk that night. They won because we didn't defend, and didn't rebound aggressively.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on December 28, 2007, 06:25:46 pm
I hate that analogy. "THEY SHOT LIGHTS OUT". Aren't we supposed to be guarding them? The other team shooting lights out means your defense stunk that night. They won because we didn't defend, and didn't rebound aggressively.

Thank you, and i agree. i watched the game. we lost because the defense was terrible. yes there were other factors. but we could not make stops on defense.

mountainhog

Our defense may have been terrible , but I dont think our team could have those stats in warm-ups.

aristotle

That is Lights Out, and it's hard to stop a team when they do that. I don't care if they are Appalachian or UNC Tarheels. Sometimes, you just have to tip your hat to a team that played unbelievable.

hogifino

ok the reason they shot lights out is because we are not putting consistant pressure on the ball.  Going for a steal in the half court is risky and is not considered pressure.  If you don't get it the shooter is left open.  Im all for steals but our guard defense is really weak has been for years.  Pressure on the ball also helps with the post defense. 

mountainhog

Quote from: hogifino on December 29, 2007, 12:03:25 pm
ok the reason they shot lights out is because we are not putting consistant pressure on the ball.  Going for a steal in the half court is risky and is not considered pressure.  If you don't get it the shooter is left open.  Im all for steals but our guard defense is really weak has been for years.  Pressure on the ball also helps with the post defense. 

Not trying to make excuses, but even if our defense was poor, that is still an unbelievable % on their stats.   

like i said before , I dont think our team could shoot like that in warm-ups without anyone guarding them.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: bigpigfan on December 28, 2007, 05:26:10 pm
The reason we lost is because they shot lights out.  Overall I didn't think we played that bad of a game.  I believe ASU could have beat most of the teams in the country shooting the way they did.  Here are their shooting stats...

Game: 28-42 66.7%  FG
Game: 6-12 50.0%   3PT 
Game: 12-12 100.0%  FT!!!!!!

they simply played the best game they will play all year against one of the best defenses they will play all year

darian townes, who i consider our best offensive threat, got BEAT to the low block on defense every time by Minter.  when Minter caught the ball, it was already over.  'lights out' might be true for #0, but not for their big boy.  he was shooting layups.