Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath's Boys Keep Surfacing

Started by RazorBama, December 25, 2007, 09:39:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBama

It will take Coach Pel the rest of this year, but given time I believe that he will purge the bad attitudes and poor effort out of the team.

This group of guys have a bad habit of quitting at the end of a game or slacking off when they have a call go the wrong way.

They act like pro players.

I also wonder what they do on the road that keeps them from being able to play.  Maybe they need a little more supervision and a little less freedom. 

Once this senior group is gone and Coach Pel has a chance to weed out the rest, then everything will start looking up.

Thomas is the only Senior that I would want out of this group if I was starting over.

Ervin should never been allowed to transfer here.

Right now there are too many on the team with this virus attitude and they influence the younger guys.

I wonder if this played into Sachez asking to be red shirted?????

Hawg Ball Forever

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: RazorBama on December 25, 2007, 09:39:18 pm
It will take Coach Pel the rest of this year, but given time I believe that he will purge the bad attitudes and poor effort out of the team.

This group of guys have a bad habit of quitting at the end of a game or slacking off when they have a call go the wrong way.

They act like pro players.

I also wonder what they do on the road that keeps them from being able to play.  Maybe they need a little more supervision and a little less freedom. 

Once this senior group is gone and Coach Pel has a chance to weed out the rest, then everything will start looking up.

Thomas is the only Senior that I would want out of this group if I was starting over.

Ervin should never been allowed to transfer here.

Right now there are too many on the team with this virus attitude and they influence the younger guys.

I wonder if this played into Sachez asking to be red shirted?????

Sanchez is being redshirted because he is not a high division 1 basketball player.  With a year, perhaps he has a chance. 
Sanchez is the ultimate tweener....he has 3 man skills, but no atheleticism for the position.  He has 4 size, but limited low post game.  Basically, he is a homeless man's Wally Szerbiak. (sp) (Of course I am referring to Wally at Miami-OH) Watching him play in AAU, he really did remind me of Wally, but he should be playing in the Missouri Valley.  He was highly rated because he was a skilled 6-8 Freshman, but when he didn't get any more athletic or any bigger as he grew older, his ratings dropped badly.  Not to mention having the knee issues.

bricklayer

The bottom line is that we have no true point guard, no outside shooting, and nobody in the post who's willing to put out the effort to rebound and score around the basket when we're shooting bricks from the outside.  Until we get some recruits in here that can help us out, we'll see inconsistent play.  Be patient.  I think Pelfrey is a good coach who will eventually turn this thing around.

condohog

I think one of the main reasons we hire PEL when we did was so that he could get his own players in here as quickly as possible.  It is obvious we do not have the fundamentals that fit his style of play. Our seniors this year will only be able to pick up so much.

dmac4sainthood

Not to mention Heath didn't sign Mike Sanchez.  He offered him really early, but everyone pulled out at the beginning of his senior year when it appeared he wouldn't be good enough and was probably going to prep...which of course when Pel reoffered, he didn't have to do.