Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early to mid season prediction.....

Started by elksnort, December 24, 2007, 05:40:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

for the Hogs. Can we go 8-8 in the SEC and make the NCAA tournament and WIN one game? Would anyone be happy with this. Based on what I have seen so far, I would be happy with this.

and Merry Christmas to all!

jschulte

I would be happy making it to the NCAA tourney. We would have to win one or two in the SEC tourney I believe though.

jgphillips3

IF the team starts clicking again, a 9-7 record is very attainable.  However, they have to get it together or the wheels may come off of this years team.  Pelphrey at the beginning of the year said we were going to "lose some games we shouldn't" and win some we shouldn't.  That's probably about right for a team in transition of styles.

Pigonometry

I say yes.  I am still predicting 10-6 in the SEC, 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

hview

They haven't proven to me that they can win on the road. Lets see how they handle Baylor. Based on what am seeing 8 - 8 in the SEC. I just hope they have a good enough record to get an NCAA bid.

Beaverfever

9-7 SEC.  4 nonconference losses.  Barely miss the tournament. 

phadedhawg

I doubt the NCAA wants to be kind and let us slip in the gate considering the last two performances in the tourney.  Ark won't get in this year without a solid bubble resume.

HawgG

Quote from: opineonswine on December 26, 2007, 03:16:31 pm
9-7 is my prediction for SEC.

That 9-7 predicted record better include wins over Ole Miss(sweep), Tenn, and Vandy or there's no NCAAT for the Razorbacks in '08.

I don't know what the reaction would be if a senior laden preseason top 25 program with an easy non-conference schedule and rebuilding SEC miss the NCAAT and go down as one of the biggest disappointments in college basketball.

alaback

Modsquad24

If they win against both ULM and Baylor to get to 11-3 going into sec than I think as long as they get to 20 wins by either going 9-7 in sec or 8-8 with 1 sect win their in, the alternative if they were to beat ULM but lose to Baylor to get to 10-4 going into sec play, they would need to go 10-6 or 9-7 with a tourney win to get 20. I think the Baylor game in Dallas is bigger than it looks at this point of the season, because a win there would help to ease some of the pain from the app. st loss(shaking head). GHG!

At this time, I cannot see more than 5 or 6 SEC wins in this team.  Looks like we may crash and burn this season.  These guys cannot shoot and score, many times refuse to play organized team defense, and appear to keep getting worse, not better.

hog golf

we can win in conference if nobody plays zone. maybe the other coaches won't know we can't shoot and score.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

HotlantaHog

Does 9-7 get Hogs into the NCAA tournament? With at least one embarrassing loss and not too many quality wins outside the conference, I am not so sure.

kuhog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 28, 2007, 01:28:37 pm
Does 9-7 get Hogs into the NCAA tournament? With at least one embarrassing loss and not too many quality wins outside the conference, I am not so sure.

I think you may have answered your own question. With an unimpressive out of conference record, we will need 10 SEC wins to assure an NCAA invitation. 8-9 wins in a weak SEC conference won't get is there, unless we play in the SEC championship game come tourney time.

eathill5

Quote from: Pigonometry on December 24, 2007, 10:06:42 pm
I say yes.  I am still predicting 10-6 in the SEC, 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road.

I agree the SEC is very down Ole Miss looks like the team to beat in the West and I would be shocked if we didn't split with them.  They can easily win 10 I guess just depends on who shows up to play.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

3pigsinafountain

I have my fingers crossed for 10-6 in the SEC.  Right now Ole Miss has a better chance of sweeping us than the other way around.   I realize this team is not playing at the 10-6 level consistently right now so this projection is based on expected future improvement.  Which with this team is basically a vote of confidence in the coach to sort out the problems.

Barring injuries or a meltdown this team will go to the dance, the big question is will they be playing well enough to accomplish anything there.

If this team ends up in the NCAA tourney, it will be because the tourney is the weakest in history.  We are a bad team.  I don't see much improvement likely.  We cannot shoot, defend under pressure, or play as a team.  Even with the SEC west weak this year, I don't think we will be better than 6-10.