Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Herring and Major Applewhite to Texas A&M

Started by SouthSide Johnny, December 23, 2007, 10:12:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

want2be

I will miss Reggie's no bs and humor..........Last week the sun came out after several days of rain and practicing inside. He told the team "let's go outside, my bald head needs some sunshine "

NOW THAT HE IS GONE...........PETRINO NEEDS TO ANNOUNCE A BIG NAME ON JAN 3.

hogtusk

I'll miss Reggie, I thought the pink shirts were a great idea. :)
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

J Man

You can't blame Major Applewhite for wanting out of Alabama.  I understand that Saban is difficult to work for, and Alabama is not the most desireable place to live. 

DocJones

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 23, 2007, 11:05:20 pm
I'm not sure the aTm faithful will put up with having to wait until the 5th game of the season for their defense to show up.

We've already been waiting five years . . . thanks Fran.

kimjongsqUeAl

Texas A&M is putting together a helluva staff!  Look out for TAMU in a few years.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

TMooney

December 24, 2007, 11:05:24 am #55 Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:07:02 am by TMooney
I think Reggie is a class act for what hes done this month. Im sure he could have left too anytime. He stayed and IM sure hes known for some time he would not be staying here . Hes a players coach. The players stood up for him. It might be a sad day in Arkansas if he does well in the bowl game where hes such an underdog. 

He deseves  respect and I wish him well.

LA-Hog

Texas A&M will be an easy mark. If Ol' Reg allowed USC to hang 70 + points on his defense  TWICE ... how on earth can you expect him to be any better at A&M ?  Reggie Herring sucks as a DC and a human being.

My only regret is that he wasn't fired before being allowed to leave.

The Realist

Quote from: LA-Hog on December 24, 2007, 11:07:16 am
Texas A&M will be an easy mark. If Ol' Reg allowed USC to hang 70 + points on his defense  TWICE ... how on earth can you expect him to be any better at A&M ?  Reggie Herring sucks as a DC and a human being.

My only regret is that he wasn't fired before being allowed to leave.
classy post
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

hog_fan

Reggie did what he did last weeks for his career. Leaving would look horrible. You people that want to keep him have no desire to move up as a program. He has proven he is decent DC at best, and needs alot of talent for his style to work. The talent won't ever be here with him as DC.He doesn't recruit and we need a DC willing to recruit his ass off.

WAN

December 24, 2007, 11:56:24 am #59 Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 03:09:44 pm by WAN

DocJones

Quote from: WAN on December 24, 2007, 11:56:24 am
Applewhite doesn't want to leave, Saban doesn't want him to leave, and 98% of the fans don't want him to leave.
Doesn't make any sense to me either . . . but our recruiting sites and now the state media keep reporting it.  Don't see it happening.

NWASooner

antiono hogderas

Interesting that every coach except for Woods, we will be playing against on a regular basis come 2009 with ole piss and a&m on the schedule. 

grayhawg

Yeah and won't it be fun to kick their butts!!!!!!!!

gcraise1

My christmas list looks to be complete. Herring not being here next year was on my christmas list!!!!
Way to go SANTA!!!!!!

Bohawg

I hope Woods also hits the road.  He hasn't done much at all that I've seen since he's been here.

reddogjcss

Reggie is a class act the way he is holding it all togeather on the hill, I wish him well & hope he gets a good parting gift. :razorback: :razorback:

McKdaddy

Quote from: OldArmy94 on December 23, 2007, 11:03:50 pm
In high school, Applewhite wanted to go to A&M, I believe.

applewhite is the only sip I ever liked.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

slopinhogs

good luck to you Reggie wherever you land and thanks. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

crowhawg

We should be able to score on A&M easily now!!!  I was never sure what was the attraction to Herring.  A loud mouth,blow hard who couldn't walk the walk.  His defense this year gave up more points that any Arkansas defense in the last 50 years.

SouthSide Johnny

Time will tell if this is really a scoop or fiction...
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

J Man

Quote from: Bohawg on December 24, 2007, 05:10:09 pm
I hope Woods also hits the road.  He hasn't done much at all that I've seen since he's been here.

Woods was never given a chance.  He had to play to the tune of what Nutt wanted.  It was like trying to play the game blindfolded, and with handcuffs.  Nutt would screw up any pass minded coach.

bcdeputy

Quote from: HoginHeat on December 24, 2007, 08:35:04 am
Herring's defense lost 3 of our four games this year. I wish him luck.

Oh no,  everything wrong in the state of Arkansas was squarely on Houston Nutt's shoulders,  didn't you know that?  Homelessness,  overcrowded prisons, the budget, everything was Nutt's fault. 

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: reddogjcss on December 24, 2007, 05:12:44 pm
Reggie is a class act the way he is holding it all togeather on the hill, I wish him well & hope he gets a good parting gift.

I'll give him credit for keeping the focus on the team and the bowl game and not on him or the coaching situation.  No gifts or gratuities required, please.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

pioneerhawg

"Oh no,  everything wrong in the state of Arkansas was squarely on Houston Nutt's shoulders,  didn't you know that?  Homelessness,  overcrowded prisons, the budget, everything was Nutt's fault."

Nice sarcasm, but the fact is, while we had great defensive numbers for the year; highest avg, point production ever, we could not stop the opponent when we needed to.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  William "Hogville" Shakespeare

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: NWASooner on December 24, 2007, 12:32:08 pm
Is he going to recruit at A&M?

The difference at A&M is that he won't actually have to travel to recruit.  he's withing 45 minutes of hundreds of great players.  I've heard its the traveling, etc he doesn't like....being on a plane constantly during the times you aren't on the field.  They can assign him areas at A&M where he won't be any more than most of us have for a commute.

bcdeputy

Quote from: pioneerhawg on December 29, 2007, 09:31:14 am
"Oh no,  everything wrong in the state of Arkansas was squarely on Houston Nutt's shoulders,  didn't you know that?  Homelessness,  overcrowded prisons, the budget, everything was Nutt's fault."

Nice sarcasm, but the fact is, while we had great defensive numbers for the year; highest avg, point production ever, we could not stop the opponent when we needed to.

And I only got 2 smites for it???  I'm so disappointed!!!

CowHog

Good for Herring I am glad to see him get another job

PetinoHog

Quote from: bcdeputy on December 29, 2007, 08:19:52 am
Oh no,  everything wrong in the state of Arkansas was squarely on Houston Nutt's shoulders,  didn't you know that?  Homelessness,  overcrowded prisons, the budget, everything was Nutt's fault. 

Not everything, just mainly the embarssment of him being here. Now he's gone, lets move on.

texas tush hog

Quote from: bcdeputy on December 29, 2007, 08:19:52 am

Does that mean you are now a Ole Miss Rebel fan let it go or just GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sahog01

Hmm....... I thought Herring was keeping his mind on OUR bowl game and would not announce where he was going until after the game.  It just goes to show that if you are a football coach you have the right to lie.  I liked Herring but I think he should have kept his big mouth shut until after the bowl game!  If we lose the game it will not be the fault of our players!  :razorback: :razorback:

SpiritHog

I believe he denied it.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/12/24/razorback_central/122507uafbherringresponse.txt

Unless he has made a statement.  Face it.  If I were soon to be out of a job I would be looking.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

texas tush hog

December 31, 2007, 09:06:04 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:08:39 pm by texas tush hog
Quote from: XXL TideFan on December 24, 2007, 09:26:15 am
Applewhite wanted to go to Bama. He was named after Major Ogilvie. His family are HUGE Bama fans and he was raised properly.

I can confirm that, David and Sandra, his parents were in my Sunday school class in Texarkana and
moved to Baton Rouge, I think when Major was in elementary school, or maybe a little earlier. His older
brother Mark played baseball for me in little league and they were as obnoxious about Alabama as I
was about Arkansas. He was turned off by Dubose and was going to Texas A&M because of Greg
Davis and when Davis was hired by Mack Brown, goodbye Major. I can not see him leaving Alabama
unless he could not get along with Saban which is entirely possible. The young man is about as
serious about his Christian faith as Ken Hatfield, so he and Herring would be like oil and water. But
then that may be the problem at Alabama, I don't think Saban is a choir boy.

sahog01

Thanks sprithog.  Was not aware of that story.  Just saw the Dallas thingy.  On Applewhite.  I heard a commentator at the bowl game say that working for Saban was like 4th and 1 every minute of practice.  He evidently does not agree with Saban's coaching philosopy  if he is willing to take a cut in salary to go to A & M.  Time will tell on this rumor also.

RazorBiker

bcdeputy

bcdeputy

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 31, 2007, 08:23:47 pm
Does that mean you are now a Ole Miss Rebel fan let it go or just GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So everyone that brings up Gus from Tulsa should just let it go too?  Then why do we get play by play commentary about his every move at Tulsa? 

texas tush hog

Quote from: RazorBiker on December 31, 2007, 09:36:52 pm
It's Larry & Sandra

Sorry my bad but it was 25 years ago and hell I have a hard time remembering my own kids names
at times anymore.

SouthSide Johnny

Looks like fact after all, another scoop. He did come out with another follow up article that said Reggie to AM unless he landed a Head coach job and after the Cotton bowl probably glad he had a Cord job.
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

snortyann

With the Cotton Bowl in Reggie's rear view we can wave a  ;D "fare thee well" -fare well except when playing Arkansas.
That shouldn't be a problem, the future of Hog football looks gooood!