Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new strarting five

Started by slopinhogs, December 23, 2007, 08:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slopinhogs

Welch and britt at guards thomas and townes at forwards ,washington at center.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Brewerfan10

chiefsfan

I agree with starting Britt.  His scoring is struggling.  But he is the only player yesterday that appeared that he actually knew how to shut those guys down
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Breems

Were's Bev?

Britt definitely.

Hunter if it's in Alltel Arena :)
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogfan33

How could you not start beverly??

40MINSOFHELL

phadedhawg

I can't believe that we lost this game...

I'm getting tired of watching this group of players stink it up.  I agree that Pel will need time to get his own type of team put together but gosh...you should still beat App State...

I don't see us dancing this year.

Porkem

Quote from: slopinhogs on December 23, 2007, 08:26:13 pm
Welch and britt at guards thomas and townes at forwards ,washington at center.

I know Beverly likes the 2 position more because he's a shooter...but when he handles the ball...we execute the offense better.

He's not hitting anyway...and he'll have to play point if he wants to play in the NBA?  Might as well play him at point.

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Beaverfever

Britt, Bev, Wash,Thomas,Townes

slopinhogs

wqhy Beverly, he has scored 18 points in the last 4 games. :razorback:

PigSnort

When we get in SEC play we'll see who REALLY deserves the minutes, IMO.  I think we will see more of Washington and Townes (less of Hill).  Our "go to" lineup needs to be Beverly, Welsh, Washington, Thomas, and Townes.

spahoopsfan

I know it may sound crazy but after the last game whether we won or lost the next game I would do something radical like start these five:

Britt
Rakestraw
Pots
Washington
Townes

Send a message.  And I wouldn't take them out until the 12:00 minutes mark.  Rakestraw and Pots can't possibly shoot worse the players that having been getting all the minutes.  What the worst that could happen, we lose the ASU again?

40MINSOFHELL

Red Tusk

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 24, 2007, 11:15:15 pm
Rakestraw is slow as crap

He doesn't have that big a body of work yet IMO to critique.  Hope we see more of him this next game.  
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

jschulte

Quote from: slopinhogs on December 24, 2007, 10:06:13 pm
wqhy Beverly, he has scored 18 points in the last 4 games. :razorback:

He brings energy to the game.  His scoring will pick back up...

swinesation

Anybody who thinks we need less of Beverley is out of his mind.

Beaverfever

Quote from: jschulte on December 24, 2007, 11:46:08 pm
He brings energy to the game.  His scoring will pick back up...
Energy?  Maybe on defense, but on offense he just stands around the 3 point line. 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: spahoopsfan on December 24, 2007, 10:39:28 pm
I know it may sound crazy but after the last game whether we won or lost the next game I would do something radical like start these five:

Britt
Rakestraw
Pots
Washington
Townes

Send a message.  And I wouldn't take them out until the 12:00 minutes mark.  Rakestraw and Pots can't possibly shoot worse the players that having been getting all the minutes.  What the worst that could happen, we lose the ASU again?

Good lord, some of you people are hilarious.

Hey fellas, the bandwagon is moving on. Are you gonna throw in the towel after one loss to a less worthy team, or are you going to get behind these seniors and watch this team mold itself together come SEC time?

I wasn't aware that Arkansas was a perfect team that had just come off of 4 straight National Titles. Huh.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

spahoopsfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 25, 2007, 12:24:32 pm

Good lord, some of you people are hilarious.

Hey fellas, the bandwagon is moving on. Are you gonna throw in the towel after one loss to a less worthy team, or are you going to get behind these seniors and watch this team mold itself together come SEC time?

I wasn't aware that Arkansas was a perfect team that had just come off of 4 straight National Titles. Huh.

You have to get their attention some how.  It is not throwing them under the bus to show they need to take care of business.  To shoot that bad and to allow a so so 6 ft 8inch center to look like an all american has to have some type of reprecessions.  The problem with Heath last year was he didn't make a point.  You make a statement that if they lose then there is no xmas break.  I thought you better me careful making those statements because you know your not going to do it and the players know it as well.  So you better make a point of some kind and I don't care how much you make them run in practice the best point is made by making them sit on the bench and watch.  So you missed the whole point I was trying to make.  Fans getting behind the seniors has nothing to do with it.  The "fans" had a good game in supporting the team on Saturday and the "fans" will do well the next game, I just hope the players play better.  You act like they played a good game and simply lost.  "Seniors" and good players play well regardless the team they are playing. 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: spahoopsfan on December 25, 2007, 12:57:53 pm
You have to get their attention some how.  It is not throwing them under the bus to show they need to take care of business.  To shoot that bad and to allow a so so 6 ft 8inch center to look like an all american has to have some type of reprecessions.  The problem with Heath last year was he didn't make a point.  You make a statement that if they lose then there is no xmas break.  I thought you better me careful making those statements because you know your not going to do it and the players know it as well.  So you better make a point of some kind and I don't care how much you make them run in practice the best point is made by making them sit on the bench and watch.  So you missed the whole point I was trying to make.  Fans getting behind the seniors has nothing to do with it.  The "fans" had a good game in supporting the team on Saturday and the "fans" will do well the next game, I just hope the players play better.  You act like they played a good game and simply lost.  "Seniors" and good players play well regardless the team they are playing. 

No, I got your point....these kids had their X-Mas break with their families threatened to be taken away, and they still screwed up on one December afternoon. And you think having them not start in a single game would mean more to them than being home with mom and pop who live hundreds of miles away?

I think you're missing the point.

No team wins every game. It doesn't happen. Sometimes you lose. If these kids travel to Little Rock and lose against a less worthy team, then what good would it do to start Rakestraw and the other pups?

You don't think Beverley, Weems, and Ervin got the message when they didn't have their academics in line?

Did Washington not get the mssage when he screwed up prior to the Red-White game?

How about when the guards screwed up in Mexico?

Kids screw-up, kids have bad games...big deal. They aren't all SEC 1st teamers.

Calling for a bunch of new starters isn't going to change the fact that thse kids will still lose a game or two that they probably shouldn't. Like last year, when a lot of folks gave up on Heath, these kids came together and won games down the stretch when many felt they couldn't.

It's not even January yet and many of you are looking for drastic changes. Give me a break.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

slopinhogs

truthfully, when an opposing team shoots 60 percent from the field and 99 percent of free throws your chances of winng are slim. no matter who the starting 5 are . i'd like to see beverly a liitle more active though. Hill i don't know, nice beard and loing enough hair but offencive skills were left in the deer woods.:razorback:

spahoopsfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 25, 2007, 01:18:56 pm
No, I got your point....these kids had their X-Mas break with their families threatened to be taken away, and they still screwed up on one December afternoon. And you think having them not start in a single game would mean more to them than being home with mom and pop who live hundreds of miles away?

I think you're missing the point.

No team wins every game. It doesn't happen. Sometimes you lose. If these kids travel to Little Rock and lose against a less worthy team, then what good would it do to start Rakestraw and the other pups?

You don't think Beverley, Weems, and Ervin got the message when they didn't have their academics in line?

Did Washington not get the mssage when he screwed up prior to the Red-White game?

How about when the guards screwed up in Mexico?

Kids screw-up, kids have bad games...big deal. They aren't all SEC 1st teamers.

Calling for a bunch of new starters isn't going to change the fact that thse kids will still lose a game or two that they probably shouldn't. Like last year, when a lot of folks gave up on Heath, these kids came together and won games down the stretch when many felt they couldn't.

It's not even January yet and many of you are looking for drastic changes. Give me a break.

They knew that xmas would not be taken away from them.  That was no threat.  And I don't believe it should have been taken away.  No way should this team have lost at home against App St. period. No excuse.  Your answer is to say oh well no big deal and if that is the case than don't expect too much from this team. I think this team has always been capable, but they accepts losses too easily. Just like some fans.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: spahoopsfan on December 25, 2007, 06:30:57 pm
They knew that xmas would not be taken away from them.  That was no threat.  And I don't believe it should have been taken away.  No way should this team have lost at home against App St. period. No excuse.  Your answer is to say oh well no big deal and if that is the case than don't expect too much from this team. I think this team has always been capable, but they accepts losses too easily. Just like some fans.

So if they knew X-Mas break was going to be taken away, why in the world would they be worried about losing their starting spot for a game or two? It's not as if they don't think they'll end up playing starters minutes anyway.

Yeah, my answer is "no big deal." It's not March. It's not February. It's not even January. Just like SlopinHogs said..App State was shooting lights out. We couldn't sink the open shots. Who else is going to shoot the way App St. did? Their big man inside couldn't miss.

One game doesn't make a season in college basketball. This isn't college football. Two months from now this will be water under the bridge. Heaven forbid the Hogs lose to a lesser team before X-Mas.

booogaga

i think that john enkscof and reggie merrit should start. and ken biley should come first off the bench.......wait.....oh yeah nevermind.
GO HOGS!

The_Bomb

Gosh, where is Cannon Whitby when you need him?!?!?!