Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'09 schollies

Started by Deuce Pigelow, December 23, 2007, 06:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deuce Pigelow

There are no Jr's on this year's team. So if no underclassmen leave and no one gets their scholly yanked, how are we going to have any schollies to use next year??

mbgrulz

well, if no one gets their schollie yanked, then we won't sign anyone. obviously that won't happen. there is some fat that needs to be trimmed on this team, especially with the kind of players we have the oppourtunity to sign for 09.

Beaverfever

Yeah I am guessing pelphrey will talk to a couple of guards and tell them he doesn't see them getting any pt and it'd be best for them to transfer.  I doubt they would want to stay and never play.

raydaddy

what has happened to cyrus mcgowan he would be a JR

oldfart

cyrus is long gone.....

Quote from: raydaddy on December 24, 2007, 03:20:25 pm

TheCopHog

Cyrus Mcgowan transferred to Miami right after Heath left.
Quote from: raydaddy on December 24, 2007, 03:20:25 pm

hog.goblin

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 24, 2007, 02:27:32 pm
Yeah I am guessing pelphrey will talk to a couple of guards and tell them he doesn't see them getting any pt and it'd be best for them to transfer.  I doubt they would want to stay and never play.

Who would that be?  I don't see any FR that a decision could be made on yet (Britt has some promise, haven't seen enough of Rakestraw or Patsy yet).  Welsh and Beverley should definitely come back.

mbgrulz

the thing about basketball, is that you can tell for the most part what kind of player you have after about the first 1/2 of his first season. the coaches know who can cut it and who can't. just because we haven't seen enough of them to be able to make a judgement doesn't mean the coaches haven't either. they are in the gym together everyday.

there will be some moves made after this season that will change the face of the team. the talent level MUST come up.

Beaverfever

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 24, 2007, 11:27:46 pm
Who would that be?  I don't see any FR that a decision could be made on yet (Britt has some promise, haven't seen enough of Rakestraw or Patsy yet).  Welsh and Beverley should definitely come back.
Let's just say that there is a reason these guys don't play much.  If you had to pin me to an answer.  I'd guess Rakestraw and one of Welsh/Britt.  Neither of these will see much time next year.    Welsh probably would at first but by the end of next year I don't think he'd see the floor much at all.  I'd prefer to keep Britt.

Hawgzilla

We just need to be sure there is room for A.J. Walton......... :)

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hawgzilla on December 25, 2007, 01:35:19 pm

We just need to be sure there is room for A.J. Walton......... :)
yeah walton can come in right after we land Shawne Williams and a 4 or 5 star big.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 25, 2007, 11:33:20 am
Let's just say that there is a reason these guys don't play much.  If you had to pin me to an answer.  I'd guess Rakestraw and one of Welsh/Britt.  Neither of these will see much time next year.    Welsh probably would at first but by the end of next year I don't think he'd see the floor much at all.  I'd prefer to keep Britt.

Thanks for the input...I kind of wondered about Patsy.

mbgrulz

i kinda suspect patsa falling out over welsh. welsh is a good player who is athletic enough to help us out on both ends of the floor.

its not like pel will end these kids playing careers. he will help them find other schools to play at if they wish.

the amount of playes that get fired/choose to leave will be the amount we can sign for 2009. i suspect pel wants to sign 3 good freshmen.

watch out if joyner qualifies and pel signs another big in the spring. that will really ratchet up the pressure on the lower tier bench players.