Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Thomas makes classy move in the Rock

Started by gibby, December 23, 2007, 11:32:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gibby

Not sure how many noticed it.  But buried deep in Wally's article today was this blurb about Charles Thomas...

QuoteThomas, a senior, even asked to not start Saturday so Little Rock native and fellow senior Vincent Hunter could in his final appearance in his hometown.

Wally was referring to team chemistry, and how much further along we are this year from last.  From the outside looking in, I would agree.  But chemistry or not, Charles Thomas just moved up a notch or two in my book.  That was a selfless, classy move he made to allow Vincent Hunter the start.  Hunter is a player I think many expected a lot out of, and he has had some good moments, but not many.  I have to believe starting for our beloved Razorbacks in his hometown in his senior season had to be one of the highlights of his career.

Nicely done, Charles.

gohogs13

I totally agree.  Charles Thomas has always been a classy team player. Glad he is a Hog

Hawg414

i agree.
now start playing defense instead of flopping for a charge every time your man has the ball.

dakpowers

Not to mention, he gave up #21 two years ago so that Patrick could have it. Charles is a cool cat. He's one of the most chill guys I've ever met.

Quite Frankly

Thomas is an exception to the problems the seniors have on this team.

Razor6

Charles is a great player and person (as mentioned above).

He even pulled his jersey over his face while walking off the court on Saturday...  He treated it like a first round loss at the tourney.  This team means a lot to him.

-R6
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

jgphillips3

Ditto to all comments on Thomas.  I have been proud of his play and demeanor since he arrived.  Whatever the teams he played on failed to achieve, it wasn't his fault.

jackflash

Bama Hog™

Thomas is one of the few bright spots on this team right now.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine.