Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When coach Pelphrey was at S. Alabama

Started by Modsquad24, December 23, 2007, 10:30:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

they stuggled when he first came in and tried to make them play this way too, but his last two seasons they were 44-19 and having watched them play on t.v. a couple times while he was there, two things his recruits/players did really well was handle the basketball and shoot the basketball pretty darn good, so we will be fine folks just enjoy the fact that there are only 19 more games this season and these guys move on and then its a clean slate, new names and faces. GHG!

PulledPork

Nolan didn't do so hot in his first yr either....the good thing about that year, we sucked from the beginning and the expectations were not raised, and thus, we didn't cry foul.

with Pel, he started winning from the "git-go" and we thought "we have arrived". 

Pulled In!

casken

Round Ball fans...It's gonna take a few years to rotate his players on to the roster.  I think we will find him to be a great coach...but since "shooting wise" the cupboard is a bit bare...it'll take longer than we'd like.  Patience....patience.  Give Pelphrey time to build and things will turn around.  Quote me in a few years, the future is bright but not as close as we'd like.  Hang in there hog fans, hang in there!

WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

WADHOG

You folks are jumping the gun.  THIS year will be a good year.  We will gel at the right time and make a run in the tourney.  I have faith that coach Pelphrey can build on our weaknesses and have us playing better ball by February, when it really counts.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Modsquad24 on December 23, 2007, 10:30:48 am
they stuggled when he first came in and tried to make them play this way too, but his last two seasons they were 44-19 and having watched them play on t.v. a couple times while he was there, two things his recruits/players did really well was handle the basketball and shoot the basketball pretty darn good, so we will be fine folks just enjoy the fact that there are only 19 more games this season and these guys move on and then its a clean slate, new names and faces. GHG!

as hard as it is, and as far away as next year is.  I gotta agree, Rotnei Clarke can shoot the ball LIGHTS OUT.  Fortson is the #8 PG in the nations.....and hog fans, it will be fun to see a real PG for the first time in 10 years.

Even the 3 stars we signed have tremendous upside, Andre Clark from N.O., Daniel Payne (#1 JUCO prospect), and Brandon Moore. 

The future is bright, these players have just grown accustomed to losing.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

rude1

Quote from: PulledPork on December 23, 2007, 10:35:55 am
Nolan didn't do so hot in his first yr either....the good thing about that year, we sucked from the beginning and the expectations were not raised, and thus, we didn't cry foul.

with Pel, he started winning from the "git-go" and we thought "we have arrived".  Nolan also didn't inherit a senior laden team coming off back to back NCAA tourney invites. So the belief in most circles was it was Heath's fault that these guys didn't achieve more. Many believed that the system Pel was bringing in would push these guys to the next level. Well its becoming obvious that the problem wasn't just coaching with these guys.

Pulled In!