Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9-3

Started by Kevin, December 23, 2007, 09:29:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

coach pel is 9-3 with this squad in his first year and some of you are ready to throw him under the bus. 

i say go ahead fire him, pay him and hire someone else, because it is apparent he cannot get it done.  i mean he is 9-3 with players he didn't recruit, did not spend 2,3, some 4 years developing (or not developing).

12 games as razorback coach is enough to determine that he cannot coach.

that being said, some fans are now not happy unless we have a coaching conteversy.

GET OFF HIS BACK, LET THE MAN DO HIS JOB!!

remember this is the same team, that barely made it in the tournament last year.  so, to have higher expectations than that for this team was wrong. experience does not equal improvement.

this team is missing something more than just basketball skills.  their missing something inside.  think about it out of the 12 games so far, how many games as he  not been able to start his line up because of some kind of discipline problem.  you can go all the way back to the cancun trip.

for every problem we the fans hear about, there are probably double the problems.

so when i say, the players are the problem, these are the kind of things i am talking about.

this roller coaster ride will continue until:

this senior class starts working with coach pel every step of the way.
or
coach pel gets his own players.

this season is on the senior players.  we gave a certain coach a two years pass after 7, let coach pel build his program.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Modsquad24

your exactly  right, let pelphrey do what every coach gets to do and thats get his players that fit his style in here.

coach, my back hurts

If the Sr's are laying down let the other boys play.  I bet Patsa and Rake can hit a freakin FT.

We need a serious lineup change. 

What has Hill done for us the last 4 seasons that warrants him a starting spot while Townes sets on the bench? 
What did Weems do last yr that you can say, "he won that game for us"? 
What the hell has Ervin done......ever?

Wake me up when November '08 rolls around........,OR, we get a new starting 5.

jep_hog_fan

Coach Pel's 9-3 is the same as Mustain's 7-0. Shoulda won some of those games by a lot more, coulda very easily lost to Mizzou. The Mizzou game was the only complete game played this year in my opinion. Even the College of Charleston blowout was an ugly game. 67 points agianst Wofford? They gotta step it up in a hurry, but I believe they can.

Brass Knob

I dont think anyone is saying fire Pel because we are 9-3... i think the problem with the majority of fans, and I fit into that majority, is who we have lost to.....Providence, Oklahoma, and App State..... The only respectable loss is OU, and in Arkansas losing to Oklahoma is not good.....I mean Providence is 9-3 and have beat some decent schools but it looks bad and sounds bad and with 5 returning starters we shouldnt be losing to Providence...OU is 9-3 but lost to Stephen F. Austin..... and App State, 5-5 no excuse for that.... i think it is more of who we have lost to not that we have lost 3 games.... But i still dont think anyone is actually ready to fire him

kcstar

I heard a wise man say once that you are not empowered to suceed or change by always hearing what is wrong with you.  As fans our tendency is to always tell our team what is wrong with them.

I think we should start telling them what is right with them.

I believe the Hogs season will turn out to be a very good one.

cthog99

Quote from: Brass Knob on December 23, 2007, 04:34:00 pm
I dont think anyone is saying fire Pel because we are 9-3... i think the problem with the majority of fans, and I fit into that majority, is who we have lost to.....Providence, Oklahoma, and App State..... The only respectable loss is OU, and in Arkansas losing to Oklahoma is not good.....I mean Providence is 9-3 and have beat some decent schools but it looks bad and sounds bad and with 5 returning starters we shouldnt be losing to Providence...OU is 9-3 but lost to Stephen F. Austin..... and App State, 5-5 no excuse for that.... i think it is more of who we have lost to not that we have lost 3 games.... But i still dont think anyone is actually ready to fire him

hey providence returned almost their whole team too along with 2 juniors who did not play at all last year. it was only a bad loss because of all of our turnovers

Hogaliciousness

Give the guy a break.  In one and a half recruiting years for Pelphrey, he will have one of the best teams we have seen in a while (plus a coach who can, well, coach...).  We have a good coach, let's give him time to show what he can do recruiting.  I think most of us will be impressed.
I am ready for some football!

reddogjcss

No ones blaming him; it's the poor effert of the seniors.

hvsupastar

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on December 23, 2007, 11:03:28 am
If the Sr's are laying down let the other boys play.  I bet Patsa and Rake can hit a freakin FT.

We need a serious lineup change. 

What has Hill done for us the last 4 seasons that warrants him a starting spot while Townes sets on the bench? 
What did Weems do last yr that you can say, "he won that game for us"? 
What the hell has Ervin done......ever?

Wake me up when November '08 rolls around........,OR, we get a new starting 5.

Patsa and Rake might be able to hit a FT but thats all they can do, they will be eaten alive if thrown in the game, especially come SEC time. 

What has Steven Hill done?  Only was the best Defensive player in a league that put 3 players in the top 10 picks of the NBA draft!

Sonny Weems has been out 2 punch to Beverly's 1 since he got here? 

Ervin, although doesn't play great, also does not play terrible.  Remember he did lead the SEC in assists for a long time last season. 

I just really don't see where your coming from with this line up change?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

tiber

I haven't noticed many posts laying blame at the feet of the coach...

jgphillips3

This team is undertalented, but showing a lot more heart and character than I remember.  The new discipline that is being installed will take root with the younger kids and pay dividends in years to come.  Pel still has a two year pass from me before I will criticize him at all.  He needs a chance to get his players.  I harshly criticized Nolan his first two years and then had to suck it up like a man and say I was wrong once he got his kind of player and showed what his system was all about.  I am not about to repeat the same mistake.  Once we start the 2009-2010 season and he has two (2.5 if you prefer) of his recruiting classes on campus and is beginning the third year in his style, only then will I hold him accountable for things that a coach should be able to control (not the stuff he can't).  Go Hogs!