The way this team is playing

Started by Lanny, December 23, 2007, 08:26:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Arkansas will be fortunate to break .500 in conference play.  Pitiful
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

PigSnort

Agreed.  No direction, no focus, nobody stepping up to make a big play.

What's the deal with Beverly?  Is the paternity thing to blame for his poor play so far?

Lanny

Defense was horrible. AppState is a bad team
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Pigonometry

Quote from: hSv on December 23, 2007, 08:26:00 am

I knew it wouldn't be long before you found something else to complain about..............    ;D
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

hogsailor

Why is it Appy St and Ok have had their best games of the season against us?

What has happened to the fire Pel had in the first part of the season?

There were calls last night that should have brought him off the bench in a rage.

He looked almost as apathetic as the team last night.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

PulledPork

when you try to make a Yugo perform like a Dodge Challenger, what would you expect?  He is coaching a team designed for the half court offense, and not the run and shoot.  Defense wise, hard to say....but I don't think they have really caught on with the full court pressure yet and are getting burned.

Surely, you all haven't forgot how Nolans first team did?

Pulled In!

cosmodrum

We won't win 5 games in the SEC.

Not Pelphrey's fault. This team sucks. Gary Ervin is an all around joke, evidenced by the fact he laughs every time he F's up. So naturally, he's laughing for about half of the game.

And this team couldn't catch fire if they were wearing gasoline-soaked underpants and their d**k was a blow torch.

I can't wait for the new class to come in. Rotnei Clarke and Courtney Fortson are going to help a lot.
Go away, batin'

forrest city joe

Quote from: hSv on December 23, 2007, 08:58:03 am
Bingo hsv. no defense, no win.this team is terrible on defense.

arklahoman36

Quote from: hogsailor on December 23, 2007, 10:18:28 am
Why is it Appy St and Ok have had their best games of the season against us?

What has happened to the fire Pel had in the first part of the season?

There were calls last night that should have brought him off the bench in a rage.

He looked almost as apathetic as the team last night.

If you think OU had it's best game of the season against ARK, you haven't been paying attention.

OU played Memphis better than Pitt played Memphis on Saturday, losing by 10, but forcing Memphis into 20 TO, less than 40 pct shooting from the field and their second lowest point output for the season -- OU also beat No. 18 Gonzaga. The only team that gave Memphis a tougher time so far was USC.

Against Arkansas, OU allowed the Hogs to hit 41 pct of FGs (which is above what OU's given up on aeverage so far -- 37 pct), only forced 10 ARK TOs (which is about 8 below ARK's season average) and allowed ARK to get 10 more REBs than they've given up on average each game.

While OU's shooting numbers were up a little (the shot 50 pct from the field and shoot 48 pct on average), the only big stat that stood out from other games was the 11 3-pointers.

Arkansas just hasn't looked that impressive overall this season.
This is an experienced team, that despite a change in the style of play, should look better to this point in the season.

If this team can't finish at least .500 or better in the SEC and get back to the NCAA, it has underachieved.

hawgwild1087

with the amount of parity in the SEC this year, i think we'll probably have to win at least 10 to have a chance at the NCAAs. That'll be hard to do seeing how this team cant win on the road.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2007, 12:02:43 pm
We won't win 5 games in the SEC.

Not Pelphrey's fault. This team sucks. Gary Ervin is an all around joke, evidenced by the fact he laughs every time he F's up. So naturally, he's laughing for about half of the game.

And this team couldn't catch fire if they were wearing gasoline-soaked underpants and their d**k was a blow torch.

I can't wait for the new class to come in. Rotnei Clarke and Courtney Fortson are going to help a lot.

Sorry, that's funny!! :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WilsonHog

Far too many holes. Hill, Thomas, and Beverley have all regressed. Ervin has gotten no better. Hunter is a non-factor. Weems shows no consistency from game to game. He either plays lights out, plays horrible, or becomes invisible. 

I see improvement in Townes, Washington, and Welsh. That's it.   

gates4president

you are right!  It is the coach's responsibility to get them prepared for ballgames!  Absolutely pitiful!

Swinelander

The rest of the SEC has faired about as well as we have so far.  As in not very good.  We won't be that bad off.

gates4president

Quote from: Swinelander on December 23, 2007, 02:20:59 pm
The rest of the SEC has faired about as well as we have so far.  As in not very good.  We won't be that bad off.

Are you kidding me?  Ole Miss, Vandy, and Tennessee??  haha, what a joke! 

jgphillips3

I am not willing to write them off yet.  They look a little tired and without cohesion.  However, I don't want a team peaking now.  It may be better for them to hit a lull now and get together in conference play.  If Pel has backed off, that may be part of it.

Oklahawg

Stuck awkwardly between two systems that weren't made for this collection of players.

In all fairness, there isn't a system on the planet that is made for this collection of players. What an abyssmal job of assembling a team. Pelphrey gets to recreate that quickly, though.

Hard to have anything happen when you have no one capable of handling the rock.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MNHogFan

Hog_of_the_HILL

Quote from: gates4president on December 23, 2007, 02:19:14 pm
you are right!  It is the coach's responsibility to get them prepared for ballgames!  Absolutely pitiful!

A coach can prepare his team all they want but if they don't execute or shoot 30 percent or less from the floor there's really nothing that coach can do but just get on to them and eventually it wears on him.
It was worth the wait

Ironhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 23, 2007, 07:35:43 pm
Stuck awkwardly between two systems that weren't made for this collection of players.

In all fairness, there isn't a system on the planet that is made for this collection of players. What an abyssmal job of assembling a team. Pelphrey gets to recreate that quickly, though.

Hard to have anything happen when you have no one capable of handling the rock.

This team reminds me a lot of the team Nolan inherited from Eddie.  They just did not fit his style of play and struggled.  Back about a month ago when somebody posted the poll on SEC record predictions I went with 8-8.  If they don't do a lot of improving in the next two weeks, they will struggle to get there.

slopinhogs

why is beverly missing so many shots he didn't have any trouble finding the hole before. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

slopinhogs

why get excited, they have played this way for 4 years. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

kcstar

Quote from: hSv on December 23, 2007, 08:58:03 am

AppState may be a bad team, but they were not a bad team on Saturday.  Bad teams do not shoot 67% FG and 100% FT against anyone. 

Unfortnuately for the Hogs they were a very good team on Saturday.  They answered every run the Hogs made and hit the big shots down the stretch.

Obviouisly they have not played like that or they would not be 5-5

kcstar

I certainly think breaking .500 in the conference is going to be a major task.  I just don't know if we can win even one road game.  This team just does not even come close to playing well at anyplace other than BWA (at OK, at the Puerto Rico Tournament, at Alltel).

SHeath had a problem winning on the road with these guys too.

Breems

Quote from: kcstar on December 23, 2007, 08:42:29 pm
Bad teams do not shoot 67% FG and 100% FT against anyone. 

They do if we let someone with a few extra pounds tengo with Hill or Townes, then Waltz the rest of the way into the lane with a drop-step and lay it in every possession.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

kuhog

Quote from: ImissBrewer on December 24, 2007, 12:12:55 am
They do if we let someone with a few extra pounds tengo with Hill or Townes, then Waltz the rest of the way into the lane with a drop-step and lay it in every possession.

We have a habit of letting bad teams look good. In reality, when we play on the road, we are the bad team.

Porkem

With the exception of Beverly and the freshman...I don't like any of the other players on this team.  Our program will be much better when they leave. 

I've been following the Hogs for over 30 years and I have never seen a Razorback team with so many problem players. 

Not only problems with playing the game of basketball...but problems in the classroom and getting along with others.

You can go right down the list...with each player...it's astonishing.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."