Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We suck!

Started by JONAS, December 22, 2007, 05:15:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JONAS

ekyle1

Make the stupid FREE throws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jschulte

Quote from: ekyle1 on December 22, 2007, 05:17:25 pm
Make the stupid FREE throws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you think thats it... but defense would actually help

liteman

well i did stay at a holiday inn. cant say much else... :puke:

mantan45

we have problems that right there is embarrising there is no spinning this absolutely unacceptable unbelievable loss

mbgrulz

if a big man who can do a simple drop step, layup is what is going to beat us, then we're in trouble.

our guard play is what is really bad though. it hurts that bev is not the player we thought he was going to be, and weems is really sucking right now. the basketball IQ level out there is not high enough for me.

gcraise1

This group of players has never been good at making free throws. Thats what continually has cost them games as razorback players. I would make them do nothing else but free throws in practice.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mantan45 on December 22, 2007, 05:19:30 pm
we have problems that right there is embarrising there is no spinning this absolutely unacceptable unbelievable loss
I agree. we can not have this.PERIOD!

liteman

free throws would help but i think this team thinks it abetter team than it is

solitons

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 22, 2007, 05:28:04 pm
Beverley has faded this year.  Guard play sporadic at best.  FT shooting bad. 3PT% horrible.  There is no go to guy on this team.

PB is still good. so do the other players. I hate to say this: JP just not good enough to bring his system into, but just destroying our players' talent. We will suck for years till a new coach.

BigHog396

Quote from: solitons on December 22, 2007, 09:23:16 pm
PB is still good. so do the other players. I hate to say this: JP just not good enough to bring his system into, but just destroying our players' talent. We will suck for years till a new coach.
Boy, you're a smart one, aren't ya?  Destroying our players talent?  That's great!

I have been saying this all along... these players don't have much talent.  Stan Heath absolutely sucked as a recruiter, and never got a decent group of basketball players in Fayetteville.  Hell, the man never got us a true PG, and you can be darned sure Pel's style of play will not work until he can get a group of real basketball players back on The Hill.

It's just hilarious that idiots like you come around and talk about how bad we will be with Pel, and he hasn't even been able to get his first recruiting class on campus yet.  Are you Stank Heath's brother, or are you just simply too blind to realize the group of players he left us with are simply not up to par for the University of Arkansas?

Gerald Gilber

I have said on here more than once, we have good athletes, not good basketball players, not a go to scorer in the bunch
Can we play all our games at home????

IZAHOG

Not good and here comes the SEC Schedule

Gerald Gilber

Oh and this is not Pels fault
Can we play all our games at home????

ALLVOL

Untill you can shoot from outside you will face a zone fellas. It is really that simple.

Brownie Tuggle

It's the same team Stan had last year that can't learn to run any type of system. Once Pel gets his players in here things will change. Steven the "Stiff " Hill and Gary the "Turnover"  Ervin can Graduate now!

SuthrnFballer15

Some of these players just don't have the drive when the going gets tough. I keep hearing "they wanted it more than we did" and I'm getting sick of it.
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Modsquad24

dude were you asleep under a rock when Heath lost to Troy st, Western Carolina, ORU, Bucknell, South Carolina last year, etc? I believe Pelphrey will do a good job here, when he gets his players and his guards to run this style.

mantan45

Some of you message board fans are unbelievable ignorant if you guys are already on coach p's @ss yea a bad loss but my god what do you want from the way some m boards are sounding yall seem like we need a new coach c'mon , this team will play much better and this may have been the BEST thing for them coach p will get it done and you have to admit when he gets his players in his style of play is fun to watch go hogs and these idiots saying p can't get it done will be silenced

gates4president

Quote from: Modsquad24 on December 23, 2007, 10:23:16 am
dude were you asleep under a rock when Heath lost to Troy st, Western Carolina, ORU, Bucknell, South Carolina last year, etc? I believe Pelphrey will do a good job here, when he gets his players and his guards to run this style.
"Dude" did those teams that lost to Troy St., Western Carolina, ORU, Bucknell, etc. have seniors that led the team??  Absolutely not!  Pelphrey better step it up because this team is underachieving very badly!  I don't care who says it is still early, that was just a horrible lost any way you put it!  When it is time to select the teams that go to the dance, the committee will look back at the losses to Providence and Appy State!! 

BigHog396

Quote from: solitons on December 23, 2007, 08:35:48 am
Talking about how to play is way easier than coach the real game. You, me and others all can talk, but only the real coach can do the task: coach a group of player to win tha game. I love to see we win. but ..... wait, are you saying App state players have more talent than ours? before yesterday's game. I would bet we win even with out a coach. but we are beaten at home. whose fault? did you see PB played so well in the summer USA under 18 team. Why JP cannot play him? Could be JP's system is bad?
Coach is not talent enough. maybe just as good as SH, or even worse. with SH we are 12-0 now.
just my 2 cents. :razorback:
Man, try spell check, grammar check, something... it's darned near impossible to make heads or tails out of what you are saying.  But on to your points, I will see if I can decipher what you were trying to say.

Yes, I am saying App St may have as much talent as we have.  It's called parity, and that is exactly what you have throughout college basketball now.  You can hardly have the most talented team in the nation sleep walk through the worst team in the nation, without throwing up and L, it's just a fact of college basketball in today's game.  Also, we were not beaten at home, we lost at Alltel, home is BWA.

And by the way, we don't have a single all-around basketball player on our team, with the possible exception of Beverley.  App St had a few.  All we have is guys that are great at defense, or great at blocking shots, or great at driving to the basket... we don't have anyone that has it all, and that is why we are in the shape we are in.  That, and the lack of a true PG.  Stan Heath had 5 years to get a PG, and wasn't able to get even 1.

It's absolute stupidity to be judging anything about Pelphrey's coaching abilities at this point.  He took over a very low-talent team, and is going to have to get his own players in here before things start to get better.  The difference is I believe Pel will do that within a couple of years, SH had 5 years and still couldn't get it done.

And one last thing, if you really believe that SH would have coached this team to 12-0 at this point, you only furhter prove that you don't have the basketball IQ to be involved in this conversation.

chiefsfan

Quotewith SH we are 12-0 now.

Wow this might be the dumbest statement on hogville this year.  With heath we probably would have lost to both ORU and Missouri and be staring at 7-5 right now...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

pignatious

Some of these players really need to just stop suiting up in Razorback uniforms. If they don't want to put forth any effort on the court, just concentrate on the books and get your degree.
Freedom is never free.

Bama Hog™

December 24, 2007, 11:46:52 am #24 Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:44:52 pm by Bama Hog™
Coach is not talent enough. maybe just as good as SH, or even worse. with SH we are 12-0 now.

Santa gonna leave you some coal and switches this year. Take your two cent and SIUYA.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Brownie Tuggle

Where is Stan "The Lamb" Heath when you need him? He would've blew this game coming out of the locker room. He would be about 7-5 with this squad right now. This team has a lot of Stan left in them.

MaconBacon

Talking about how to play is way easier than coach the real game. You, me and others all can talk, but only the real coach can do the task: coach a group of player to win tha game. I love to see we win. but ..... wait, are you saying App state players have more talent than ours? before yesterday's game. I would bet we win even with out a coach. but we are beaten at home. whose fault? did you see PB played so well in the summer USA under 18 team. Why JP cannot play him? Could be JP's system is bad?

You can't honestly mean this.....can you?  Are you possibly Heath's cousin or some sort of relative?   We would have 6 losses, no less....with Heath behind the wheel, minimum.  Have you looked at any of the numbers after the App game??  They played their best game possibly of the year and we played our worst.