Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That basketball game stunk.

Started by ballhog™, December 22, 2007, 05:11:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

That game looked painfully similar to last years team.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

resqnu911

Bababooey

Quote from: Porkyswine on December 22, 2007, 05:22:48 pm
Here's the deal.  For a long time, we have not recruited pure shooters.  We recruit guys who can jump, and only work on how flashy they can be when the dunk the ball.  They don't shoot free throws or care to shoot free throws.  If they get a tomahawk dunk and we lose,,, well that's better to them than if we won and they made 6 of 6 from the line.  So, let's worry about how baggy our pants look, about the low rider, the fuzzy dice, and curb feelers.  Screw shooting free throws, setting screens, and playing like Indiana (of old), Duke, Kansas.  Let's just streetball it dawg.

You think we can win games running and pressing with a bunch of guys who have one skill and are not able to get off of or get up and down the floor? You're an idiot. And everyone who says we should sit Gary Ervin, well that would be great except for WE DON'T HAVE ANY GUARDS OUTSIDE OF BEVERLY THAT CAN PLAY. Therefore, we have to play Gary Ervin at PG about 25-30 minutes a game.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: I see ALOT of people on here stating that Coach Pel is great, etc. While he is a great recruiter, his coaching is still out to the jury.
     Keep in mind that his current team is Heath's players, and like it or not, they are not as good as we all think they are. Beverley is having trouble adjusting to the tempo, as are all of the players. Give it time, but remember we will NOT see Coach Pel's abilities until next season when he gets HIS players in Fayetteville. Then, I believe, we will see what we have all been waiting for.
     Just a bit of my opionion and what I believe to be the truth about our BB team.
     Do not expect alot this season, we are not that talented.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

razorback93

Quote from: ballhog on December 22, 2007, 05:16:11 pm
ervin... ::)

at 1st i thought lee mayberry was in uniform but it turned out to be britt
That's what I thought.  This resembalance was uncanny.

arklahoman36

Wonder if Pel will do anything like Capel did when OU lost to SFA.
The OU b-ball team had a nice practice after the game, beginning at midnight.

North hog

We are getting real PGs next year, Sanchez will be coming off of his RS..We will be fine..

redneck razorback

To run an up tempo offense you need quick guards with good ball handling skills that can distribute to the open man.....  a great point would make a ton of difference for this team.  At the beginning of the year coach knew the point would be a weakness for this team.

hunterhog11

You know, there is a basketball forum
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."

razorback93

What I saw on offense was a lot of guys getting to the rim, but not in position to shoot.  They would just throw it up there and pray.  Our bigs went against guys who were just as good and more physical.  Newsflash, that Minter guy was left-handed; might want to guard that hand.  This is not a skilled offensive team.

AHEC Hog

Just got home from the game.
Was our defense and FT shooting as bad as it seemed??

AH
"straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: North hog on December 22, 2007, 06:15:12 pm
We are getting real PGs next year, Sanchez will be coming off of his RS..We will be fine..

Courtney Fortson (STAR!!!)
Rotnei Clarke (STAR!!!)
Patrick Beverley (STAR POTENTIAL!!! up and down, but give him the right surrounding cast)
Daniel Payne (POTENTIAL!!!)
Andre Clark (POTENTIAL!!!)

I'm not worried about this team at all.

NuttSu

Quote from: Porkyswine on December 22, 2007, 05:22:48 pm
Here's the deal.  For a long time, we have not recruited pure shooters.  We recruit guys who can jump, and only work on how flashy they can be when the dunk the ball.  They don't shoot free throws or care to shoot free throws.  If they get a tomahawk dunk and we lose,,, well that's better to them than if we won and they made 6 of 6 from the line.  So, let's worry about how baggy our pants look, about the low rider, the fuzzy dice, and curb feelers.  Screw shooting free throws, setting screens, and playing like Indiana (of old), Duke, Kansas.  Let's just streetball it dawg.
Couldnt have said it better myself.....+1. They are more worried about how pretty they are or how many dunks they get than actually playing "real" basketball. Looks more like a 3 on 3 " hoopfest " tourney when they play.

bassman1994

It's App State.  That's pathetic.  I know anyone can beat you on any given day, and I understand there's parity, but with the team we have... it's just sick.  The frickin' court, home-neutral-away... doesn't matter.  The should have beaten that team.  I'm all about Pelphrey, damn good coach, but the honeymoon is over.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hog_fan on December 22, 2007, 05:27:11 pm
Pel said they lose and they aren't going home. I say work their ass off every day this week and keep doing it until i get the point.

He decided to let the take the break.  I really think its come to the point that running them to death wont help.   Give them a couple days away then work their butts off.   This is just a bad team.

Hard to say we were outcoached because we were subbing Offense for defense the last 6 minutes.   Pelphrey was doing everything he could except getting out there and suiting up himself

Can we trade Gary Ervin back to Mississippi State?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

NuttSu

Quote from: yraciv on December 22, 2007, 05:31:58 pm
Yeah lets just get a bunch of white boys like Rakestraw and Sanchez, and see how great we would be.  Wow someone is letting their racism out!  We've been recruiting the wrong type of players, but to say these kids don't care about the win is ridiculous.  I don't know if you saw the reactions of players like Beverley, Thomas, and hell even Townes late.  These guys showed heart and were angry about the loss.  You guys can question their play and decisions, but don't question their heart and will to win.
Yeah lets just get a bunch of white boys like Rakestraw and Sanchez, and see how great we would be.  Wow someone is letting their racism out!  We've been recruiting the wrong type of players, but to say these kids don't care about the win is ridiculous.  I don't know if you saw the reactions of players like Beverley, Thomas, and hell even Townes late.  These guys showed heart and were angry about the loss.  You guys can question their play and decisions, but don't question their heart and will to win.
Please explain to me where he was being racist. A man gives an opinion and you accuse him of being a racist? If you do not agree with him fine,but please do not play the " race card "......it makes you look stupid.

Porkyswine

This wasn't racist????  The point is you got a bunch of guys more worried about being kool rather playing fundamentals.  I don't fault Pel, as this is the hand he was dealt.  I'm sure that he will do a better job of bringing those types of players in.........Play the race card.  If someone says something you don't agree with, then call em a racist.  Jeez.

mword

NuttSu

Quote from: Porkyswine on December 22, 2007, 07:48:53 pm
This wasn't racist????  The point is you got a bunch of guys more worried about being kool rather playing fundamentals.  I don't fault Pel, as this is the hand he was dealt.  I'm sure that he will do a better job of bringing those types of players in.........Play the race card.  If someone says something you don't agree with, then call em a racist.  Jeez.
Thats the way it is now days...... i feel bad for this world and the direction its going.

razorhead69

reddogjcss

This group of seniors have no leadership, no motivation, and are just a bunch of average JOES. Pelphery is tring hard but when you have a group of lax luster seniors, the best coach could not do any better. It is time they step up and rise to the top; only they can make that choice. They have to play above there self in every game not one here and there. :-[

Razorback88

Quote from: hogfan_mm on December 22, 2007, 05:41:59 pm
In my opinion we would not have lost in Fayetteville. In basketball , a familar court (one you practice on every day) is a huge advantage. We gave that advantage away by playing in Little Rock. Basketball is different than football.

tHATS RIGHT WE PLAYED WESTERN CAROLINA AT LITTLE ROCK!!!! NO THE PLAYERES ARE BAD!!

Stop making excuses.  We should be able to beat them at their place, wherever that is, with their players' dads reffing the game, with one arm tied behind our back.  It's Pel's fault as well as the players' fault.  No one showed up to play.  And I don't want to hear the 'they were 25-7 last year' excuse.  They are horrible.  We realistically should have beat them by 35.  Look at their schedule. 

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=2026

Smoking Pork

Quote from: preach33 on December 22, 2007, 05:17:16 pm
WHAT - dude get the bong resin out of your head - that was on the players shoulders - it was a bad game.

Bong resin in my head? I spilled some in my lap once.

Smoking Pork

Quote from: ballhog on December 22, 2007, 05:31:57 pm
Yeah, it's Frank Broyles fault we lost this game.  Give me a break... ???

I think we can actually pin this one on Houston. Remember, he's from Little Rock.