Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PLEASE ALL ESPN DISCUSSION HERE. THANKS.

Started by Dirty, December 18, 2007, 09:57:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

biggiepiggie

Maybe, I don't know.  Wish Felix would give it one more year.  Probably make
25 or 30 mill more than he will this way.

cthog99

they'll talk about 1 guy de committing and talk about how there will be a bunch more but they won't talk about the recruits like wilson that have changed their mind to come to Arkansas because of petrino. btw, they gave ole piss a B+

dougieritch

Quote from: 870 RZR on December 18, 2007, 03:54:51 pm
On College Football Live, did a segment on Junior Okpara leaving due to Petrino's reputation and saying there will be more recruits decommit due to the Petrino hire.  How can this be allowed?  Also said the Petrino hire was a C+ for Arkansas.

No offence to Junior, but hell it's not like this kid is a 5-Star recruit, so how does this make ESPN?  They don't talk about other kids decommiting from other schools...There is NO doubt ESPN can't stand Arkansas.

It hurts now, but when we are winning they will have to respect us.

HouTxRzbck

Did he really leave because of Petrino? 
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

LuckyGiraffe

C+??? well that's an improvement from the grades handed out on their website this morning!

SigHog87

They will be eating their words next season, and if someone de-commits and doesn't want to be here then I don't want them here cause of BP's "reputation" (which is a freaking awesome anyway) then I don't want them here either.

corpitguy

gilndoc

Let's pull all are Wal-Mart and Tyson adds from ESPN ;D

Damm there aren't any >:(

Beaverfever

Quote from: cthog99 on December 18, 2007, 03:57:47 pm
they'll talk about 1 guy de committing and talk about how there will be a bunch more but they won't talk about the recruits like wilson that have changed their mind to come to Arkansas because of petrino. btw, they gave ole piss a B+
And they did both segments consecutively to call out arkansas...screw espn.  Then they give michigan an A+ hire.  WTH seriously

clarksville hog

I'm home sick, so seeing this crap just made me feel worse! Spent plenty of time talking about us losing a recruit because of Petrino, but failed to mention that we just gained a great QB committment because of Petrino! I did have to laugh at Donnan giving Petrino a C and Nutt a B+ as a coaching hire! Obviously ESPN does not have a drug testing program. Wonder what Donnan is smoking?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

corpitguy

This might hurt us with a few out of state recruits, but in general publicity is good.

The media wouldn't be going nuts if they weren't terribly afraid.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: biggiepiggie on December 18, 2007, 03:56:23 pm
Maybe, I don't know.  Wish Felix would give it one more year.  Probably make
25 or 30 mill more than he will this way.

Then again he could be like Monk and only play about 10 snaps all year and lose 20 million

lockmaster

Who cares what E-spin has to say?

old_school_hawg

ESPN has turned into a bunch of pu$$!e$ and spew-heads! Bring the days of Dan Patrick on Sportscenter, show us some friggin' highlights, and then on to the next available sporting event like "World Strongest Man" or "Bavarian Power Lifting." They talk too much now, and I would rather watch women's arm wrasslin' as to listen to that Oprah $hit!!!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

COCHISE

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on December 18, 2007, 03:57:54 pm
Did he really leave because of Petrino? 
Apparently, they even read Okpara's quote to the DemGaz.

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: hawgfan923 on December 18, 2007, 03:57:58 pm
C+??? well that's an improvement from the grades handed out on their website this morning!

You know what's funny...they were calling it a homerun hire when the news first broke that he was coming.  It's amazing how things change.

"...Every Day"

DooDahman

The kid was probably looking for a reason to decommit and just wanted to make a splash and get attention by blaming it on BP.

SigHog87

But he gives DMac the first pick of the draft!!! To effing Miami, please no...

RazorBassin

I am so tired of hearing this BS.

SigHog87

Quote from: lockmaster on December 18, 2007, 03:59:48 pm
Who cares what E-spin has to say?

A lot of people, they are actively hurting our recruiting by swaying the "easy to sway" (for lack of better words) away from our program.

songofthesword

Quote from: NinoHog on December 18, 2007, 03:57:39 pm
Also they brought up BP losing Ugo and they said the hire of BP is a C but they gave Ole Piss A B+.

that' sjust funny

anyway, felix is not going to be the 2nd running back taken. he'sjust not. Slaton will go before him. Not saying he is better, but he will go before him. STewart from Oregon will go before him because he's a jackson (st louis) clone with speed.

Plus ther earne't too many teams that need running backs, and espically ones that have questions about can they run up the middle of an NFL defense.

warchalker1

i about threw up watching it.  what about all the positives about our recruiting, they never want to mention that.  it's so one sided it's pathetic.

DeltaBoy

Glad I at work and can't read or watch it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tammany Tom

Any of you that think Felix Jones should come back to play next year are simply selfish.

From an objective point of view I speak. He's good. Damn Good. He is going to be picked anywhere from the 20th to the 35th pick in the draft. That makes him a multi-millionaire. There is absolutely no reason for a RB to come back to play college ball if he is going to be picked that high. RB's have very short lives in the NFL. The earlier he comes out (if a 1st or 2nd round pick) the better. He needs to capitalize on his opportunity to make as much money as he can.

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: songofthesword on December 18, 2007, 04:03:11 pm

that' sjust funny

anyway, felix is not going to be the 2nd running back taken. he'sjust not. Slaton will go before him. Not saying he is better, but he will go before him. STewart from Oregon will go before him because he's a jackson (st louis) clone with speed.

Plus ther earne't too many teams that need running backs, and espically ones that have questions about can they run up the middle of an NFL defense.

Slaton is too small for a team to use a first or second round pick... he's fast but i don't think he'll be able to the pounding required of an NFL RB... he'll be a specialty back...3rd round

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: HandD used autos on December 18, 2007, 10:54:19 am
We're all willing to drop it, Why can't espn drop it?

Because the Mitchell Report has basically been swept under the rug.

"...Every Day"

alohawg

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 18, 2007, 04:11:34 pm
Any of you that think Felix Jones should come back to play next year are simply selfish.

From an objective point of view I speak. He's good. Damn Good. He is going to be picked anywhere from the 20th to the 35th pick in the draft. That makes him a multi-millionaire. There is absolutely no reason for a RB to come back to play college ball if he is going to be picked that high. RB's have very short lives in the NFL. The earlier he comes out (if a 1st or 2nd round pick) the better. He needs to capitalize on his opportunity to make as much money as he can.

Plus as an added bonus he'll never score on LSU again.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogdomer

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 18, 2007, 03:59:44 pm
Then again he could be like Monk and only play about 10 snaps all year and lose 20 million

I'm sure these numbers are just for hyperbole, but there is no way Monk was going to make anywhere near 20 million even if he went in the draft last year.  Only guys in the top half of the first round will sign contracts with that kind of money (and remember, in the NFL, contracts are not guaranteed).

Hogdomer

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on December 18, 2007, 04:13:26 pm
Slaton is too small for a team to use a first or second round pick... he's fast but i don't think he'll be able to the pounding required of an NFL RB... he'll be a specialty back...3rd round

The same concerns apply to Felix.

press ham

imo, okpara's quote sounds like he is repeating what he was told by other schools.

nice way to sell your program BC. (sarcasm!)

chantsdemocratic

Has anyone Googled Sean Salisbury and cell phone pictures? 

SigHog87

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 18, 2007, 11:02:25 am
You don't think he can call in favors to ESPN  ? I believe he could. Would he ? Who knows ? I don't put anything past men with big egos, pride, $$$, ect...

Here's the way I see it.  They already have their cameras and microphones in the atlanta locker room.  They are reporting on the story without doing any research and telling the side of the story where the lips are wagging. 

AnthroHog

Well, they took another shot at Petrino.  The topic on Pardon the Interruption was, who is the better guy, Bobby Petrino or Rory Sabbatini?

ballhog™

espn loves kicking Petrino's name in the dirt.

"C" hire says Donnan...what a joke.  I guess I'm the sucker for watching that hypocritical garbage.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

3kgthog

If Joe Adams should decommit from USC and become a Razorback will ESPN mention it at all? My bet is no way in hell.

COCHISE

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 18, 2007, 07:19:26 pm
If Joe Adams should decommit from USC and become a Razorback will ESPN mention it at all? My bet is no way in hell.
I believe that would be a safe bet.

jeffshogs

I guess leaving a team full of spoiled millionaires with three games left in a meaningless season is worse than leaving a bunch of 18 to 22 year olds that YOU brought in that are about to play, some in there last football game forever, in a BCS bowl.
Get your bird dog butt up and down the court!

tusksincolorado

Just heard Doug Gottlieb(sp?) torch the Atlanta Deadbirds, Saws-shiit, D' Azz Hall, and others at ESPN about the BP

fiasco. Stated RR to Michigan was absolutely no different from the BP deal with Atlanta. Even stated RR leaving was

worst because he left before his team played in a BCS game, and BP left a loser team with 3 meaningless games to go.

This is the second time today with a different radio host at ESPN that I heard going against the ESPN Corporate

opinion. The other was Cowherd(sp?). Those Emails to ESPN must have been read.   GO HAWGS  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

biggiepiggie

Quote from: ballhog on December 18, 2007, 06:58:36 pm
espn loves kicking Petrino's name in the dirt.

"C" hire says Donnan...what a joke.  I guess I'm the sucker for watching that hypocritical garbage.

Yeah, Donnan had Houston Nutt hire a B and Rich Rodgiguez hire an A+.  Try to figure how a coach we ran off is a better hire than the
best college football coach in America.  And Rodriguez choked, at home, against Pittsburgh or they'd be in the NC game.  Great coach.

intoxhog

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3158996

WOW! out of all the coaches on the list I belive we have the best shot at the MNC!!!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

RocknRollRazorback

just came from the commentators [Jimmy D I believe] of the Kansas BBall game.

He's right, BP isn't going anywhere now, after this criticism. GHG!  :razorback:

"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

Oliver

Quote from: RocknRollRazorback on December 18, 2007, 09:01:27 pm
just came from the commentators [Jimmy D I believe] of the Kansas BBall game.

He's right, BP isn't going anywhere now, after this criticism. GHG!  :razorback:

Jimmy Dykes is about the only ESPN commentator that would stick up for us.

Big Daddy

Hogginitall

I heard it.  He said that the way Petrino handled leaving wasn't the best (not facing the team face-to-face).  However, saying comments like Arkansas and Petrino deserve each other isn't right.  All Arkansas did was go out and get the best coach they could get who showed interest in the job.  I thought it was cool that he stuck up for us during a random basketball game (although, it's in Atlanta).

eminem

He better...considering his address!

WPS

online-with-swine

Finally someone to tell the story from Arkansas' perspective.  Excellent find. ;)

Highway Hog Sign

Has anyone seen Mark Schlabath's article on ESPN on which he grades the coaching changes this offseason?  He graded the search process and the new coach.  They gave us an F and Michigan a C, even though we both suffered the same embarassment of being turned down in the national media, (them by Miles and Schiano, us by Bowden and Grobe).  What is even more egregious is their grades for the coaches:

Johnson (Ga Tech)  A
Rodriguez (Michigan)  A
Fairchild (Col State)  B
Cutcliffe (Duke)  B
Sumlin (Houston)  B
Nutt  B
Niumatalolo (Navy)  B
Kill (No. Illinois)  B
Sherman (Texas A&M)  B
Wulf (Wash State)  B
Petrino  B-
Briles (Baylor)  C
Pelini (Nebraska)  C
Fedora (So Miss)  C

So this guy Schlabath says that Steve Fairchild, David Cutcliffe, Kevin Sumlin, Houston Nutt, Ken Niumatalolo, Jerry Kill and Paul Wulf, (among others), are all better coaches than Bobby Petrino.  ESPN's anti-Arkansas, anti-Petrino prejudice is out of hand.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

tlchog

Has anybody noticed that ESPN has not implied one bad thing about Rod leaving West Virginia high and dry.  Especially after the linching it gave Arkansas aand Petrino.  The question is :  is it more to do with the fact that it is in bed with the NFL or is that ESPN favors the bigger schools and  the so called big name programs?