Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiger board (Missouri) talks about our matchup just click below photo:

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 15, 2007, 09:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sooie dog

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 02:48:49 pm

Pssst.

Kansas is playing in a BCS bowl.

It's still the orange bowl. Besides there would be a lot teams playing in a "bcs" game if they played Kansas schedule.

sooie dog

HillCreature

Quote from: hogfanintx on December 26, 2007, 11:14:36 am

Kansas also over rated.  I mean MIssou played one good team this year and lost to them twice.  OU in case you were wondering

LSU also over rated. As is much of the SEC. LSU would get mega-slapped by the sooners this year. Even mizzou would likely take them down. Your conference is nothing but a hype machine and all you tards buy into it.

Porkestrator

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 04:09:19 pm
LSU also over rated. As is much of the SEC. LSU would get mega-slapped by the sooners this year. Even mizzou would likely take them down. Your conference is nothing but a hype machine and all you tards buy into it.

Hill, you aren't too smart are you? Remind me of the 2 crappy teams who beat OU this year? OU couldn't beat LSU on their best day.

Dream on in your conference 'O cream puffs.

gohogs

the SEC is 8-1 in BCS bowls since 2002. LSU sure looked overrated against Virginia Tech  WHEN EVERYONE WAS HEALHTY didnt they?

wholehog92

Top to bottom the SEC is at another level than the rest of the country.  OU and Texass could compete, but would not be the dominant team they are currently.  Missery would be under Vandy year in and out.  This year as Kentucky has done, you would be midlevel.  The fact that only 75% of the country is picking a previous BCS contender over an also ran in the SEC with 4 losses is telling enough.  Lets say the SEC runner up (TN) was playing a 4 loss big 12 north team, I beleive that percentage would get close to 90%.  You have to have depth in the SEC because of the brutality that ensues.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

TULAWHOG

Typical Big 12 ignorance.  The Big 12 North, with the exception of MO and KS did NOT have a team that finished with a winning record.  So, Kansas didn't beat a quality team with a winning record.  They didn't play OU or TX.  The only quality team MO played, beat them...TWICE. 

It's much more likely that Kansas is more overrated than an LSU team whose only 2 losses both came in triple overtimes.  It should be noted that LSU killed BCS bowl bound Virginia Tech. 

HogNuttz

Quote from: sooie dog on December 26, 2007, 02:59:38 pm
It's still the orange bowl. Besides there would be a lot teams playing in a "bcs" game if they played Kansas schedule.

See my earlier post about if's and but's.

I'm not saying Kansas is the best team in the nation, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with some of the "if" statements, I'm not even saying Kansas is better or worse than Mizzou.  I'm simply saying I think Kansas is a good team and the facts are:
1) Kansas is playing in a BCS bowl this year.
2) We have never played in a BCS bowl.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

sooie dog

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 04:32:51 pm

I'm not saying Kansas is the best team in the nation, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with some of the "if" statements, I'm not even saying Kansas is better or worse than Mizzou.  I'm simply saying I think Kansas is a good team and the facts are:

Whatever

regi

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 02:48:49 pm

Pssst.

Kansas is playing in a BCS bowl.

Psst.. Arkansas has played in that bowl. And they actually had to beat a top 25 team to do it.

regi

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 04:32:51 pm

So you really are not saying anything?

Porkestrator

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 04:13:22 am
Uhhhm. Not the same as being ranked number 1 the last week of the season. Come on.

LOL a product of their absolutely pathetically weak schedule. You did not have 1 quality win all year. Kansas doesn't count because neither did they. Your conference is a joke. This is reflected by your precious #1 ranking. One week later after being beat to smithereens by OU (AGAIN!) You were rightfully eliminated from any BCS thoughts.

PS, your quarterback is a whiny $#@@! He acts like at total loser on national TV!

Hog in MO

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 03:58:47 am
This is why people hate the Arkie Inbreeders. DUMBEST FANS IN THE NCAA.

Um, begging your pardon sir.  I live in MO - aka "America's Meth Lab".  Don't come in here with that inbreeder jive.  That dog won't hunt.  In the three years I've lived here I've encountered more worthless human beings in this corner of MO than anywhere else I've ever been in the 30 years prior. 

rickm1976

Don't get upset with the MO fans.  They got screwed, and have a legitimate reason to be upset.  They are, however, going to be in for a rude awakening if they think they are going up against a pushover.  Middle of the pack in the SEC is equal to top two or three in any other conference.  Believe me, their coaches and players are taking this game very seriously.

redneck razorback

The big, or should i say the lil 12 is pitiful, this year anyway, who did mizz. play this year anyway??? there was only one team that was descent this year in the lil 12.... oklahoma, the rest well ... anyways ya'll ought to be excited to play the hogs we just beat the number 1 team in the country our last game.  SO if this was a play off we're still kickin..  so come and get ya some is what we're sayin..  Oh but i forgot.. ya'll lost your last game.... hummmm...   GO HOGS!

Lard

Quote from: redneck razorback on December 26, 2007, 05:41:10 pm
The big, or should i say the lil 12 is pitiful, this year anyway, who did mizz. play this year anyway??? there was only one team that was descent this year in the lil 12.... oklahoma, the rest well ... anyways ya'll ought to be excited to play the hogs we just beat the number 1 team in the country our last game.  SO if this was a play off we're still kickin..  so come and get ya some is what we're sayin..  Oh but i forgot.. ya'll lost your last game.... hummmm...   GO HOGS!
They did play and beat Illinois which was a good win for them.  however, if you look at common opponents they only beat Ole Piss by 13 and we beat them by like 100 then gave them our coach....so thats like an eternal beating for their program.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

hawgfandude

Hey Missoup, get back to us on Jan 3rd.  Then you can cry about not being motivated enough or (place your silly excuse here).

SamBuckhart

Hope the tigers enjoy the early game time, because Luigs & Co. will be serving a load of "pancakes".  By the way I love that "tigers" team name. Thats real original. Never heard it before. Sam I Am.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HillCreature

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 26, 2007, 04:23:35 pm
Top to bottom the SEC is at another level than the rest of the country.  OU and Texass could compete, but would not be the dominant team they are currently.  Missery would be under Vandy year in and out.  This year as Kentucky has done, you would be midlevel.  The fact that only 75% of the country is picking a previous BCS contender over an also ran in the SEC with 4 losses is telling enough.  Lets say the SEC runner up (TN) was playing a 4 loss big 12 north team, I beleive that percentage would get close to 90%.  You have to have depth in the SEC because of the brutality that ensues.

Hey seriously a 3-1 favorite is a pretty big favorite. Are you guys really this dumb. That 90% part is just dumb. Nobody is ever a 90% favorite due to the fans of the underdog school making their voice heard. Hey arkie the rest of the country doesn't know or doesn't even care who you are. You are South Carolina pre-Holtz/Spurrier.

HillCreature

Quote from: SamBuckheart on December 26, 2007, 09:29:50 pm
Hope the tigers enjoy the early game time, because Luigs & Co. will be serving a load of "pancakes".  By the way I love that "tigers" team name. Thats real original. Never heard it before. Sam I Am.

Yes as opposed to the vaunted "pig". That is just gay. Is it an ode to the quality of your women there?
And that hog sooiee thing is just embarrassing. Really as if the rest of the country didn't laugh at you enough. LOL.

razorbacker231

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 10:32:26 pm
Yes as opposed to the vaunted "pig". That is just gay. Is it an ode to the quality of your women there?
And that hog sooiee thing is just embarrassing. Really as if the rest of the country didn't laugh at you enough. LOL.

hog call prob will be embarrassing to you.  i predict you hear it quite a bit on the kickoffs, right after dmac, jones, hillis, or monk keep putting the ball in the endzone.

HillCreature

Quote from: redneck razorback on December 26, 2007, 05:41:10 pm
The big, or should i say the lil 12 is pitiful, this year anyway, who did mizz. play this year anyway??? there was only one team that was descent this year in the lil 12.... oklahoma, the rest well ... anyways ya'll ought to be excited to play the hogs we just beat the number 1 team in the country our last game.  SO if this was a play off we're still kickin..  so come and get ya some is what we're sayin..  Oh but i forgot.. ya'll lost your last game.... hummmm...   GO HOGS!

And the SEC is bad ass right?
Alabama lost to ULMonroe. LOL
Auburn lost to a 6 loss South Florida
Tennessee (your east champion) lost to a 6 loss Cal team

They must've just been beaten up from playing in "the toughest conference in the universe" though right. That's the only reason any SEC team ever loses.

Hawgwild8988

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 10:43:50 pm

They must've just been beaten up from playing in "the toughest conference in the universe" though right. That's the only reason any SEC team ever loses.

I sure hope you didn't attend the University of Missouri, because if you did... It speaks volumes for its English department.

HillCreature

Quote from: razorbacker231 on December 26, 2007, 10:41:35 pm
hog call prob will be embarrassing to you.  i predict you hear it quite a bit on the kickoffs, right after dmac, jones, hillis, or monk keep putting the ball in the endzone.

If you plan to kill your opponents with laughter than that is pretty scary. It's reminiscent of Deliverence. Is that how hillbillies communicate in the backwoods of Arkie? Kinda like the redneck version of those Ricola commercials?

razorbacker231

hill, be sure to watch how the sec does in this years bowl games, i bet they are well over .500 against the other conferences.

i know they were last year, to include a dominant nc win.  if i am wrong, pull this back up and bash me, but i am sure i will not be when all the bowl games are finished.

HillCreature

Quote from: Hawgwild8988 on December 26, 2007, 10:50:38 pm
I sure hope you didn't attend the University of Missouri, because if you did... It speaks volumes for its English department.

Its a freaking message board not my mid-term. Kinda informal. I don't normally speak in complete sentences either Webster. 

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 10:55:23 pm
Its a freaking message board not my mid-term. Kinda informal. I don't normally speak in complete sentences either Webster. 

Would it be fair to suggest you skipped English composition in favor of banjo lessons?
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

razorbacker231

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 10:50:56 pm
If you plan to kill your opponents with laughter than that is pretty scary. It's reminiscent of Deliverence. Is that how hillbillies communicate in the backwoods of Arkie? Kinda like the redneck version of those Ricola commercials?

i think tradition dates it back to about 1960, when an arkie was transplanted to missery for his job. he met a missery woman there and married her, no trophy wife by all means but was about the best the state had to offer.  took her to a ball game back home and lost her in the crowd. started yelling that, looking for her, and was misinterpreted as a call for the razorbacks.  it caught on as legend tells it.....

Wayne Watson

And you get your football knowledge from......................?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Let's see, last year SEC National champs for Football and Basketball was SEC?   This year, the BCS National contender is SEC?  What your point, Gomer?
We don't rent pigs

Dr Swineglove

Mizzou's schedule = not impressive

09/15/07     vs. Western Michigan     Columbia, Mo.     W, 52-24
09/22/07    vs. Illinois State    Columbia, Mo.    W, 38-17
10/06/07    vs. Nebraska * TV    Columbia, Mo.    W, 41-6
10/13/07    at Oklahoma * TV    Norman, Okla.    L, 41-31
10/20/07    vs. Texas Tech * TV    Columbia, Mo.    W, 41-10
10/27/07    vs. Iowa State *    Columbia, Mo.    W, 42-28
11/03/07    at Colorado * TV    Boulder, Colo.    W, 55-10
11/10/07    vs. Texas A&M * TV    Columbia, Mo.    W, 40-26
11/17/07    at Kansas State * TV    Manhattan, Kan.    W, 49-32
11/24/07    vs. Kansas * TV    Kansas City, Mo.
(Arrowhead Stadium)    W, 36-28
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Wayne Watson

Well, HillCreature, has it been explained for you or do still need lessons?
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on December 26, 2007, 10:57:21 pm
Would it be fair to suggest you skipped English composition in favor of banjo lessons?

He missed Eng. comp. because possum season was open.
We don't rent pigs

HillCreature

HillCreature

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on December 26, 2007, 11:05:27 pm
Mizzou's schedule = not impressive

09/15/07     vs. Western Michigan     Columbia, Mo.     W, 52-24
09/22/07    vs. Illinois State    Columbia, Mo.    W, 38-17
10/06/07    vs. Nebraska * TV    Columbia, Mo.    W, 41-6
10/13/07    at Oklahoma * TV    Norman, Okla.    L, 41-31
10/20/07    vs. Texas Tech * TV    Columbia, Mo.    W, 41-10
10/27/07    vs. Iowa State *    Columbia, Mo.    W, 42-28
11/03/07    at Colorado * TV    Boulder, Colo.    W, 55-10
11/10/07    vs. Texas A&M * TV    Columbia, Mo.    W, 40-26
11/17/07    at Kansas State * TV    Manhattan, Kan.    W, 49-32
11/24/07    vs. Kansas * TV    Kansas City, Mo.
(Arrowhead Stadium)    W, 36-28

Illinois State?
Was that right after your loss to Tennessee State or your loss to
Alabama State? Come on get a freaking clue.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:12:38 pm
Redneck smack coming from Arkie. Wow the irony.

Provide reason for your post...other than just being a smarta$$.  All you have done is talk "smack".  No proof or reason.  Surely you're not that much of a hill billy.
We don't rent pigs

HillCreature

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 26, 2007, 11:06:33 pm
And Mizzou got beat not once but twice by the sooners?? What's your excuse?

Yeah that's so shameful. I think you may have missed the point there sir.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:17:08 pm

Enlighten us.   What is the point?  All you've done is be a smarta$$.  Really, I'd like you to sway my opinion.
We don't rent pigs

Mr. Hog

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 03:58:47 am
This is why people hate the Arkie Inbreeders. DUMBEST FANS IN THE NCAA.

Yeah tell people from Mizzou to quit moving down here !
Go Hogs Go!

The real Hogules

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:17:08 pm

Or maybe you missed it, with the point being that you lost not once, but twice to the only decent team o your schedule.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HillCreature

Quote from: wayne1958 on December 26, 2007, 11:16:33 pm
Provide reason for your post...other than just being a smarta$$.  All you have done is talk "smack".  No proof or reason.  Surely you're not that much of a hill billy.

It's not my job to educate you sir. I don't have the time nor the vast resources to tackle that feat. I'm just here to offer a little diversion from the usual undeserved pig-stroking that your delusional fanbase comes here to do.

HillCreature

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 26, 2007, 11:20:59 pm
Or maybe you missed it, with the point being that you lost not once, but twice to the only decent team o your schedule.

Illinois would beat arkie just like Kentucky did. Kansas would beat Arkie. K-State would be a toss up. Arkie is only good in the eyes of their own fanbase.

HillCreature

And don't get me started on what OU would do to Arkie. Texas Tech would bomb your ass just like those "vaunted" bottom feeding wildcats did.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:21:56 pm

It's not my job to educate you sir. I don't have the time nor the vast resources to tackle that feat. I'm just here to offer a little diversion from the usual undeserved pig-stroking that your delusional fanbase comes here to do.

No doubt you don't have the resources as it seems you did not do well in Government 202 when debate was held.  But that's ok.  I'll accept your ineptness as the status quo and understand that your lack of knowledge is just part of your breeding.
We don't rent pigs

HillCreature

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 26, 2007, 11:20:59 pm

"SEC Fan"--I'm so ignorant that I don't know if any team is good outside of the SEC. They can't be worth a darn if they don't play Bama.

"Rest of the country"--Get a freaking clue and STFU.

The real Hogules

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:23:46 pm
Illinois would beat arkie just like Kentucky did. Kansas would beat Arkie. K-State would be a toss up. Arkie is only good in the eyes of their own fanbase.

The biggest thing holding Arkansas back the entire season now resides in Oxford Mississippi and no longer has any say so in the direction our team goes.
Without Nutt on the sideline our team will beat Missouri like they owe us money!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HillCreature

Quote from: wayne1958 on December 26, 2007, 11:25:49 pm
No doubt you don't have the resources as it seems you did not do well in Government 202 when debate was held.  But that's ok.  I'll accept your ineptness as the status quo and understand that your lack of knowledge is just part of your breeding.

Thank you sir. I am so glad we have come to an understanding. I feel much better and can finally move on.

fister

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 15, 2007, 09:40:59 pm
Actually, I read the guys post, and I agree with him.

They were ranked in the top 5 in the last week of the season.  They lost in a game that the NCAA should either do away with or make every conference have.....The conference championship game.

We, despite the fact that with a good coach we'd be in a BCS bowl, finished the season unranked.  To pair a team that should still be in the top 10 with an unranked team is an obvious slap in Mizzou's face, based on nothing more than their overall lack of tradition.

Do I think we'll beat them?  Yes.

Does Tiger Nation have a good point?  Yes.

It isn't a very good point, the guy argued that the Cotton Bowl basically gets the 2nd best Big 12 team each year and play a lower profile SEC opponent. This is true because barring the BCS the Cotton Bowl is the best bowl for the Big 12. For the SEC it is about #4 or 5 (behind the the BCS which usually has 2 SEC representatives, the Capital one bowl, and usually the Outback bowl). So an SEC team that finishes in the middle of the pack plays the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 12.

The reason it isn't a good argument is that so many people were lobbying for a better team, and were throwing out teams that aren't in the SEC. The Cotton bowl has a commitment to take an SEC team so the contender has to be from the SEC and has to be a team not already selected. All of the teams that finished ahead of Arkansas were already selected. This was not a "slap in Missou's face" and it is not "based on nothing more than their overall lack of tradition". It is the fulfillment of a contractual obligation. If Missou wants to go to a better bowl or assure themselves of playing a higher ranked opponent they should lobby the Big 12 to increase the bowl tie in for the Big 12 and to increase the stature of the Cotton Bowl. If the Cotton bowl had a higher payout for competing teams it would draw a higher ranked team from the SEC (the Capital one doesn't get the next runner up by chance).

PS Arkansas is ranked.

regi

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:28:33 pm
"SEC Fan"--I'm so ignorant that I don't know if any team is good outside of the SEC. They can't be worth a darn if they don't play Bama.

"Rest of the country"--Get a freaking clue and STFU.

Dude, check this out... YOU ARE FREAKIN MIZZOU. You are nobody, you are Vandy, Miss State, Iowa State. You may not have noticed, but this Mizzou's 1st jan 1 bowl in 38 freakin years. Enjoy this once in a dogs life jan 1 bowl game and stfu!

HillCreature

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 26, 2007, 11:31:37 pm
The biggest thing holding Arkansas back the entire season now resides in Oxford Mississippi and no longer has any say so in the direction our team goes.

That seems to be a common opinion among pig fans. But where was Arkie in the last 43 years since they got lucky and won their only NC? Was Nutt the coach for all those years or is it possible that Arkie is just Arkie and Nutt did what he could.