Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot seat list

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 04, 2005, 01:07:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sptcollegeinsider03040305apr03,1,4871628.story?ctrack=2&cset=true

Mike Huguenin of the Orlando Sentinel (who has worked for the Sporting News) says Arkansas may be the second most attractive job that comes open after next basketball season, behind only Indiana.

His hot seat list, in order of the desireability of the job:

Mike Davis, Indiana
Stan Heath, Arkansas
Quin Snyder, Missouri
John Calipari, Memphis
Tommy Amaker, Michigan
Rob Evans, Arizona State
Ben Braun, California
Gary Waters, Rutgers

Guess this means Arkansas will never be able to hire a decent coach.
[CENSORED]!

hawgjowls

would think it would be better to be in the top 2 there vs the bottom 2.

I'M EMBARRASSED

Quinn Snyder and Tommy Amacker are both products of Coach K's tutelage.  I find it hard to believe that these two have learned under the most well known coach in college.  Also, with the products that he has produced, I'm surprised that there have only been a few who have actually been all-stars in the pros.  Grant Hill would have been the best had he been healthy.  Elton Brand has been good, but it seems as though you never hear about him anymore.  Carlos Boozer has been a surprise.  Before he left college, he hadn't produced the way that he was expected to.  He came to Duke as the number one recruit.  He left in what seemed to be a silent, yet productive, role.  Was he overshadowed by the other players on the team, or was he just silent himself?

With Coach K being so great and productive, I find it difficult to believe that these two coaches and some of his players have not thrived in their current positions.  Johnny Dawkins is obviously going to be his successor.  Wojo and Collins are up next for coaching positions.  Will they be able to carry on the Coach K legacy after he has retired?

llhog

Is there a football hotseat list?  If so did HDN make the list?

ArkansasI

Stan desperately needs to get a point guard that can shoot accurately when the ball is kicked back to him.  This one player would save his job and probably be good for 3 wins next year.

According to someone who knows, Snyder has survived solely because Mizzou can't afford to fire him.  The administration has not done an adequate job of documenting a fire "with cause" and alleviating a buy-out.

Amaker is a bit of a surprise.  I don't understand why coaches struggle to develop a program at Michigan.  With Detroit and the appeal of that University, you would think it would be easy to get something going.  I guess Izzo is dominating.

It looks like Rob Evans went to Arizona State and retired.  Developed a little bit of the last 5 years of Nolangate 10 years early. . .

I would think that Michigan and California are the best jobs on the list, followed closely by Indiana, Arkansas and Missouri.  I guess that I rank jobs differently than the experts.

SonOfMud

Quote from: ArkansasI on April 04, 2005, 03:41:31 pm
I would think that Michigan and California are the best jobs on the list, followed closely by Indiana, Arkansas and Missouri. I guess that I rank jobs differently than the experts.

Strange.  When was the last time Michigan had a good team that didn't involve paying it's players?  When has California ever had a good team for any stretch?  I think the Indiana, Arkansas top two is about right.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Biggus Piggus

Basketball is much less significant at Michigan than it is at Indiana.  At Cal, sports are usually secondary.
[CENSORED]!

pignatious

I get so tired of people saying we can't get a big time coach at Arkansas in football or basketball. That is just not true. There is plenty of money for the right guy if the purse strings are loosened, and the facilities, tradition, location, etc. are tremendous. There would be plenty of candidates who are more than qualified interested in either job opening.
Freedom is never free.

tophawg19

your preaching to the choir friend stick around you'll here the same thing in stronger language .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins